Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Would you prefer I call someone out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Haquer posted:

The first part of the conversation was while I was stuck in an Ancient Tai Chi rage.

Also you calling somebody out on this when you're the one who ragequit Wushu by killing a bunch of goon noobies in a goonball after a goon killed you :thumbsup:

I spun on the goonball because it was funny. I had been killed by plenty of goons before I quit. I had been sent multiple times to jail by goons. If you think it was a goon killing me that made me quit. You're more delusional than I thought. :allears:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Third World Reggin posted:

Would you prefer I call someone out.

Call everyone out

E: The current leader of TDH is trying to convince people that if there's server merges (never going to happen) that everyone should merge into TDH to take over the new server.

Because it worked so well last time.

E: Literally the only people so far that got the points on day 1 to enter the 3rd tier are all pay2wins. Unsurpising

Haquer fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 7, 2014

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Haquer posted:

Call everyone out

E: The current leader of TDH is trying to convince people that if there's server merges (never going to happen) that everyone should merge into TDH to take over the new server.

Because it worked so well last time.

E: Literally the only people so far that got the points on day 1 to enter the 3rd tier are all pay2wins. Unsurpising

PigSlayer is the hero Wushu needs.

Sky Ladder needs more people with BB at 49/64 to negate their Flying Houses

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Prime time's been a lot easier than whatever people were duking it out at noon. Went 4 to 1 with a combination of phantom stings to Yu Nv. I just got Unrivalled back so i did okay against the Shocks, and also got matched against an EV and a Grand Master.

A CN vet I fought said that their servers have generally even matchmaking, but SnailUSA's got theirs turned off or very permissive. Due to population, I'm sure. They had faced a Flows With Chi a couple of matches prior.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

FebrezeNinja posted:

Prime time's been a lot easier than whatever people were duking it out at noon. Went 4 to 1 with a combination of phantom stings to Yu Nv. I just got Unrivalled back so i did okay against the Shocks, and also got matched against an EV and a Grand Master.

A CN vet I fought said that their servers have generally even matchmaking, but SnailUSA's got theirs turned off or very permissive. Due to population, I'm sure. They had faced a Flows With Chi a couple of matches prior.

Or to try to squeeze a few more p2ws out of the game.

I'd believe it.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Hy_C posted:

I spun on the goonball because it was funny. I had been killed by plenty of goons before I quit. I had been sent multiple times to jail by goons. If you think it was a goon killing me that made me quit. You're more delusional than I thought. :allears:

Look at this joker. Gets spanked for barely damaging the goon ball, then runs away tail between his legs, straight to Neverwinter. Hahahahahahaa

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Anal Papist posted:

Look at this joker. Gets spanked for barely damaging the goon ball, then runs away tail between his legs, straight to Neverwinter. Hahahahahahaa

whoopy you cheeky bastard

Katsukai
Aug 27, 2013

Anal Papist posted:

shamefur dispray

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Any idea how the rewards work yet (mainly the promised ancient frags)?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

The cut off portion of the description lists the rewards as "Cultivation point pills, school pages, internal Skill breakthroughs, workbench Skills, gold threat black jade powder, gold snake sword pages, Tai Chi Fist, and Dog Staff scroll fragments." Who knows yet if that's from weekly rewards or blowing several matches' worth of points on flipping the cards.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

FebrezeNinja posted:

The cut off portion of the description lists the rewards as "Cultivation point pills, school pages, internal Skill breakthroughs, workbench Skills, gold threat black jade powder, gold snake sword pages, Tai Chi Fist, and Dog Staff scroll fragments." Who knows yet if that's from weekly rewards or blowing several matches' worth of points on flipping the cards.

I flipped one card and that cost me 60 points and wasn't even close to worth it. I got four loving 1k cult pills like you get from credit cards.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

I flipped one card and that cost me 60 points and wasn't even close to worth it. I got four loving 1k cult pills like you get from credit cards.

I figured it would be something like that, i guess time will tell how often those appear.. Wonder if theyll be bound...

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I don't know how many points you get from winning higher tiers but the 11k max tier (2nd tier) gets you 12 red token point whatevers for the cards/golden snake sword. This means if you win each fight out of 10 (5 for VIP) which is best 2 out of 3 you can get 240 points per day.

Tiers 1-6 of golden snake sword are 4500 points each so that's 19 days of perfect victories. Something like 9000 points for pages 7 & 8 (you get a box with all the pages for each skill per tier).

So it seems only the pay2wins with good ping will end up with the set any time soon.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Day 1 of Sky Ladder: fights capped at 10.
Day 2 of Sky Ladder: fights got capped out at 2.

Is this a silly time restriction to stop people from blowing their remaining rounds within the first hour?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Day 1 of Sky Ladder: fights capped at 10.
Day 2 of Sky Ladder: fights got capped out at 2.

Is this a silly time restriction to stop people from blowing their remaining rounds within the first hour?

This really is the worst expansion, sweet jesus.

I did all 10 of my fights yesterday right after I got home, I hope they don't railroad it even loving further :cripes:

My VIP is up in a few days, don't know how much I'll play after that.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Haquer posted:

This really is the worst expansion, sweet jesus.

I did all 10 of my fights yesterday right after I got home, I hope they don't railroad it even loving further :cripes:

My VIP is up in a few days, don't know how much I'll play after that.

Fighting a dirty p2w from other servers is always fun :shepicide:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I tried out battleping today on a trial and it leveled out my ping to a bit higher than usual but it leveled it so I no longer had spikes up to 300ms for no loving reason (snailcode). I only lost 1 of 4 fights I tried today and they were all against Shock the World people from White Tiger and every last one had C5 Jade. Those people who duped forever have literally supplied everyone with oodles of jade gear.

Agalloch tried to buy my ancient dog frag:

He never responded :(

Oh and guess who showed up out of nowhere and I murdered in 3 seconds flat:

E: Weitou is sleeper OP in loving sky ladder. You can't use Disguise unless you waste one of your 3 skill slots on Random Skills so you can use it, the gold darts and 100 trans. Which means after their rage they knock you on the ground, stun you, smack you around, rage you again onto the ground, stun you ad naseum (you usually die at this point no matter how much HP you have). Ugh.

Haquer fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 7, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Double post but this is amazing:

That is huatah bidding 100 loving ding to take a base from a dead guild :wtc:

Genso also tried to get it, with 36 ding in 2nd place and a newbie guild trying to get it after doing all the work for it for a paltry 12 ding.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Honor! :downsbravo:

Didn't that same person bid 85D for a war in the past after a bidder said they threw down 75+ dongers (they didn't)?

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

Double post but this is amazing:

That is huatah bidding 100 loving ding to take a base from a dead guild :wtc:

Genso also tried to get it, with 36 ding in 2nd place and a newbie guild trying to get it after doing all the work for it for a paltry 12 ding.

As a girl phyllis has no regard for the money of others to spend hue!

Soo fights are capped it takes ridiculous amounts to get new set, frags are guess the card... People in steam still rather play other stuff and wait for archeage...

Good thing im in the hospital now i guess, anyone wanna buy feedz? ;p

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
To preface my post:

:lol:

This is a video where I show that ping wins you fights easily. I fought pgl (huatah from our server, this guy was from White Tiger, hence the @W.T) right after this and pgl had even worse ping so I stuck him in a perma headbutt combo the first fight and in the second fight he got a lucky snowsword rage out which took me from 16k HP to 4k. gently caress internal sets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU9CgXypN48

When you tier up in Sky ladder it seems the game throws some points at you, 300 going from the 8-11k bracket to the next one

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
It looks like battlefields use the same cross server system that skyladder uses, and the drop rate for the battlefield equipment seems higher.

Now I'm wondering whether invasion is still broken, or if nobody bothers signing up anymore.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Haquer posted:

When you tier up in Sky ladder it seems the game throws some points at you, 300 going from the 8-11k bracket to the next one

The "Jianghu Elite" title actually shows up as "Jianghu Handsome Hero" when you equip it. Chinagame :allears:

ponzicar posted:

It looks like battlefields use the same cross server system that skyladder uses, and the drop rate for the battlefield equipment seems higher.

Now I'm wondering whether invasion is still broken, or if nobody bothers signing up anymore.

Some guy on BD who used the GM help chat said it takes 50 players to queue in for it to start now.

Sky Ladder essentially creates a copy of your character with worn equipment and the equipment tab. You can use unbound annotation books during the duels or coat weapons with poisons before entering and it will not use any charges.

PassiveSentence fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 9, 2014

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Eh... Quitting and propably giving away Feedz or giving it back to feedz for him to give it away if he wants to, hope to see some of you in a few years in Moonlight blade when they translate it, Ill be there to teach you the game i learned in China hue!

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Natalie_Luna posted:

Eh... Quitting and propably giving away Feedz or giving it back to feedz for him to give it away if he wants to, hope to see some of you in a few years in Moonlight blade when they translate it, Ill be there to teach you the game i learned in China hue!

so are you going to china or to chinachinagame? either way, ahoy!

also: why is five elements mental skills so unloved? I remember I used to sell ruined scrolls for like 35l, compared to 250ish for icy heart.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Almond Crunch posted:

so are you going to china or to chinachinagame? either way, ahoy!

also: why is five elements mental skills so unloved? I remember I used to sell ruined scrolls for like 35l, compared to 250ish for icy heart.

The Expert page is impossible to loving get because nobody runs GCC shura and the only other way to get it is to drop like 30D on prayers, and also it's only good for like two sets total.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Hole Wolf posted:

The Expert page is impossible to loving get because nobody runs GCC shura and the only other way to get it is to drop like 30D on prayers, and also it's only good for like two sets total.

You can also get it with Jizzluck or Drizleluck from Luoyang fog, if you manage to last hit NPCs. Was in Chengdu market a week or two ago for ~10d.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/417

8 Trigrams Staff got the Tempest Staff treatment, buy 10d from Snail :laffo:

quote:

4th Meridian Unlocking Book Exchange
600 Five Aggregates and Demon-Subduing Items per exchange
Exchange Merchant: Suzhou (334,740)
Available starting Friday, 8/15/14

The grind begins anew

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

PassiveSentence posted:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/417

8 Trigrams Staff got the Tempest Staff treatment, buy 10d from Snail :laffo:

The grind begins anew

Hahahaha Eight Trigrams Staff was supposed to be the real ultimate p2w cash shop set. No poors allowed~

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Yeah, snail are continuing being giant pieces of poo poo. I'm riding out my last VIP days until 9/9 and then I'm done with this game.

Also, how do I still manage this

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Hole Wolf posted:

what do you mean by it being only good for two sets?

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Almond Crunch posted:

what do you mean by it being only good for two sets?

Most non-rage skills have around 30% scaling and you get 3-6 breath per hit, so you're gaining 1-2 damage for every hit which is nothing until you've landed a bunch of hits. Internal sets have low hit counts and high damage so by the time you've landed enough hits for the extra breath to start to matter the fight's probably ending anyway. The exceptions are Leisure Kick and the Rootless set, both of which have spammable charges with high hit counts.

Level 75 Five Elements caps at 45 stacks, which adds 40 damage to a generic attack and 335 damage to Slow Green Shadow.

That damage matters even less on multihit attacks because of how the damage formula works. All sources of damage are added up, then divided by the number of hits, then each hit rolls for crit and the crit multiplier works off that individual hit's damage. So for a five hit attack with 30% scaling, a full 45 stacks is contributing eight damage per hit to the crit multiplier, and with five really nice crit treasures that works out to around 28 extra damage per crit. I had 10k HP with mediocre gear and a level 46 Jianghu inner when I quit.

So "good for two sets" might have been overselling it. Leisure Kick has its own weird crit scaling, it might be good for that.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Five Elemental debuffs from different people supposedly stack on one person but it's not like we can test that :shrug:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Five Elemental debuffs from different people supposedly stack on one person but it's not like we can test that :shrug:

The only person who had Five Elements trained was BaoFeng who used it as a Disguised Scholar into Rootless which is just about the only thing you can do with it as stated before.

He quit the game and tried to sell his account but nobody wants Five Elements because it's awful.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Sunset on the other hand is awesome, and probably easier to get to be honest.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Skip tons of grinding for the low low price of $300. If they were more clever they'd have done this one last week so hua people would feel pressured.

Speaking of it's the 20th but who cares. Ticket buying day.

E: and an odd event. 500L or more for if you post an ice bucket challenge to their facebook.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 20, 2014

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Upgraded game guard from GPK to Snail Protect, what could go wrong :allears:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Upgraded game guard from GPK to Snail Protect, what could go wrong :allears:

I updated my chinese client a few days ago to check out any new content in china for a bit and they got the Snail Protect launcher just a week or so before us. I love that snail is finally rolling out protections at nearly the same time as their Chinese servers when the game is already loving dead.

I've told people I'm quitting when my VIP runs out and they keep trying to convince me to stay because "I think the game is bouncing back" while the pay2wins continue selling their accounts and less and less people log in every day :cripes:

Speaking of pay2wins, each green square means tier 6 armor, and there's several of these running around now

Also snail released another lovely outfit lore today for $60 and within moments of the server coming back up there was already a handful of people wearing it. They really have these whales trained to buy any garbage they put out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man this game was just so shittily managed and handled. :(