Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
People who still praise Daft Punk have allowed their brains to atrophy for lack of stimulation. You'll grow senile; girls will laugh at you. Finally, you'll be seen on a park bench, penis all out of your trousers.

I used to listen to a burned CD of Daft Punk in my Corolla hatchback. That car wore out; it wore out, like Daft Punk's listenability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
dontlikeathing.jpg and all that

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
And I don't care if Daft Punk is new to you; if you've never heard Around The World before, I don't care. It's not OK for you to like it as much as I did when it came out. Be better than I was; look forward not back. It's Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj for you. That's your lot.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

it's fine to like things. it's fine. it's fine! but if there was a venn diagram of people who say daft punk is their favourite band and idiot fuckers, it'd almost be a circle. that's not the fault of daft punk, they make good music and it's okay to like them. it's just that... you know... idiot fuckers. they're

they're bad. not good.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
i am listening to the ulver record about wolves and its my day off

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i generally like nicki minaj and i don't get that when i'm browsing imgur in search for funny pictures of cats, i see all these posts that are super down about her. like saying she's not good, she makes bad music, she looks like miss piggy or something. i guess it's because the site is full of teens, but it's still pretty annoying.

or like the bieber hate. i mean, i don't listen to his music and i guess that prevents me from becoming super angry about him, but i guess i just don't care enough to waste thousands of words on him and make stupid fw: fw: fw: pictures where he gets hosed by 2pac or something?

actually i do get all that it's probably something to do with forming in-groups and reinforcing bonds by finding something to hate as a group and other wild sociology poo poo like that. i guess it's better than hating the blacks.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
DP is far from my favorite musicians but all this backlash haterade makes me want to go listen to them now

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

R. Mute posted:

i generally like nicki minaj and i don't get that when i'm browsing imgur in search for funny pictures of cats, i see all these posts that are super down about her. like saying she's not good, she makes bad music, she looks like miss piggy or something. i guess it's because the site is full of teens, but it's still pretty annoying.

or like the bieber hate. i mean, i don't listen to his music and i guess that prevents me from becoming super angry about him, but i guess i just don't care enough to waste thousands of words on him and make stupid fw: fw: fw: pictures where he gets hosed by 2pac or something?

actually i do get all that it's probably something to do with forming in-groups and reinforcing bonds by finding something to hate as a group and other wild sociology poo poo like that. i guess it's better than hating the blacks.

She's a black woman who can rap

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SedanChair posted:

People who still praise Daft Punk have allowed their brains to atrophy for lack of stimulation. You'll grow senile; girls will laugh at you. Finally, you'll be seen on a park bench, penis all out of your trousers.

I used to listen to a burned CD of Daft Punk in my Corolla hatchback. That car wore out; it wore out, like Daft Punk's listenability.

Daft Punk has always screamed to me "thing that will be considered a quaint and slightly embarrassing artifact of the time period twenty years from now."

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SedanChair posted:

Do you need a hug?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zeitgueist posted:

DP is far from my favorite musicians but all this backlash haterade makes me want to go listen to them now

They make good disco music. It shouldn't be anyone's favorite, but it's fun.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
"If Ronald Reagan was a 90's kid he would have really liked Dragon Ball Z."

This is an observation I made while reading "The Invisible Bridge".

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

R. Mute posted:

Please subscribe to /r/lewronggeneration

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

"If Ronald Reagan was a 90's kid he would have really liked Dragon Ball Z."

This is an observation I made while reading "The Invisible Bridge".

The first couple of years after I heard of "Dragon Ball Z", I kept thinking it's "Dragon Ballz".

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

R. Mute posted:

It's because people on imgur like to feel superior to "normal" people who enjoy regular pop culture

See also: that guy who tweeted the ironic thing about Neil DeGrasse Tyson on the train

Full disclosure: I think Birthday by Katy Perry is a really fun song

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

KoldPT posted:

Please subscribe to /r/lewronggeneration

pics
maaaaaaan

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Mods, I change my name to Herpie Sleeze please.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
woah, it's like i'm older now and not in touch with what younger people like

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
the guy who tweeted about neil degrasse tyson on the train was funny, it was the people who responded to him that were risible.

unless that is what you were saying and i have misunderstood. in which case, carry on.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

the guy who tweeted about neil degrasse tyson on the train was funny, it was the people who responded to him that were risible.

unless that is what you were saying and i have misunderstood. in which case, carry on.

That is indeed what I was saying. That whole story really bums me out

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Did you ever think that maybe they just send actors instead of go themselves? I keep thinking this and every time it makes more sense to me.

They used actors to go on stage at this one award show: http://instinctmagazine.com/post/so-daft-punk-punked-grammy-awards

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

No, it's the children that are wrong.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

Welcome to the Republican party! :gop:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

No, it's the children that are wrong.

Literally this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This promo video for Pyongyang is great.

https://vimeo.com/102051605

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Joementum posted:

but these are young people. they're young people, joe!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
edit: Clash of Kings was published in 1998. Prisoner of Azkaban was published in 1999.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Also, one set of books is for children, the other is not.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There was a guy running for Arkansas State House last year who filmed a bunch of campaign videos of himself wearing a fedora while talking in front of his bookcase. The top row was all Presidential biographies and the next row down was all hardcovers of the Wheel of Time and GRRM series.

He's since pulled them from YouTube :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When will we finally elect a neckbeard president?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I want to know his opinion on the Seanchan invasion/colonization. This is important information that the voters need to know.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

paragon1 posted:

I want to know his opinion on the Seanchan invasion/colonization. This is important information that the voters need to know.

What does he think about boobs? What does he think women think about boobs? Let's read pages of that, please. :rolleyes:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What does he think about boobs? What does he think women think about boobs? Let's read pages of that, please. :rolleyes:

Also I need to hear him describe what everyone is wearing in great detail.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zoux posted:

Unfortunately Brian Boyko dropped out of his Texas House race so his career may be in jeopardy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paragon1 posted:

Also I need to hear him describe what everyone is wearing in great detail.

robert jordan gives me faith that even i could be a successful writer someday

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

paragon1 posted:

but which is which

(jk)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

zoux posted:

Ummm, 1837?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Those are clearly sidebeards. Rutherford B. Hayes, on the other hand....

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Yeah but

quote:

This is a subreddit dedicated to satirically mocking those people who, blinded by their own nostalgia, believe certain things in the past to be unequivocally better than today.

edit: Reddit makes me feel old.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 9, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
True neckbeards are too radical to gain the presidency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

SedanChair posted:

proof positive that hipsterism is a bourgeoisie lifestyle, up against the wall with you

• Locked thread