Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Star Saber, this is how big the Saber part of Masterpiece Star Saber is going to be:

I think I need to be alone for a while.

:circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Star Saber, this is how big the Saber part of Masterpiece Star Saber is going to be:

According to posters on Seibertron, Star Saber in fiction is Gestalt sized, but the toy is a little taller than MP Ultra Magnus. So basically still huge but not necessarily in scale, but who cares, these guys have to have a size limit at some point.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Star Saber always seemed way more Gundam like than Transformers like. The Entire victory line I'd say really looks drastically different compared to everything else. You had nobody colored maroon, hot pink, aqua blue, or deep purple either.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Do Gestalts even have a reliable scale at any point in the fiction?

The Goon posted:

Then again it was almost worth it just to see Dinobots tearing poo poo up on the big screen.
I feel like they treated the Dinobots with way more respect and reverence than ... Everything else. They were cool, unique designs that aren't just updates run through the filter of horrific metal faces, they did bad rear end things then they left.

Then Poochie flew away and I looked over at my friend who just looked defeated by the insanity of it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think the biggest problem with Trans4mers was that the drat thing was 3 hours long. If you cut out like, an hour and a half I might have actually enjoyed it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This bodes well for that MP FortMax they were talking about possibly doing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Wait. Is the domestic release of Prowl MORE EXPENSIVE than the import Takara one at BBTS?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Wait. Is the domestic release of Prowl MORE EXPENSIVE than the import Takara one at BBTS?

It depends on your tax rate? It's uncomfortably close.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah, and it is $30 more than Prowl is in TRU stores or off the website.

I really don't know why they'd stock something they obviously aren't allowed to order from Hasbro but I'm sure there's some TF fan out there who hates buying TT releases or something.

strangehamster posted:

It depends on your tax rate? It's uncomfortably close.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23989&mode=retail vs http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11668&mode=retail (?)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dang BBTS, still no Roadbuster and Skybyte huh? You're breaking my heart here dammit :(

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah, and it is $30 more than Prowl is in TRU stores or off the website.

I really don't know why they'd stock something they obviously aren't allowed to order from Hasbro but I'm sure there's some TF fan out there who hates buying TT releases or something.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23989&mode=retail vs http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11668&mode=retail (?)

Yeah except this is $69.99 directly from TRU?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32714646&cp=&parentPage=search

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The_Doctor posted:

This bodes well for that MP FortMax they were talking about possibly doing.

MP Fort Max would be like a thousand dollars. The reissue was $350, and if you made him in scale with Optimus, Star Saber and the gang, he'd be even bigger. Plus be fully painted and articulated. On a recent MP poll, I think he was at the bottom, because while he's a popular character, few people have the space and expendable income for such a thing. Especially in Japan where homes are small and Transformers is more niche.

Star Saber ranked high on that poll because he's not only popular but is also actually feasible. I think Armada Prime ranked pretty high as well. Primal was disappointingly low. Beast Wars didn't go over so well in the land of the rising sun.

I'd really want them to make Megatron ver. 2.0, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, Tracks and Galvatron, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the '86 movie cast getting the MP treatment, too. I could go for a Kup or Springer.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
MP Fort Max takes up 0 room inside your house because it is your house.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

EthanSteele posted:

Comes with a Cerebros suit, so you can truly be the head of your household.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Meh, I better save my money to buy some plots of land to display my MP Unicron.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Blackheart posted:

Dang BBTS, still no Roadbuster and Skybyte huh? You're breaking my heart here dammit :(

Mine shipped last week. What's the holdup?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

EthanSteele posted:

Phy posted:

Comes with a Cerebros suit, so you can truly be the head of your household.

Blackheart posted:

Meh, I better save my money to buy some plots of land to display my MP Unicron.

:golfclap:

Well done, you three.

:golfclap:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Joe Fisto posted:

Mine shipped last week. What's the holdup?

No idea, I know a bunch of people got theirs some days ago, and others like me still see them as "preorder". I suspect they got an smaller early shipment and just gave priority to the first preorders. I only preordered in July.

To those people who just want to get a few AoE figures, I can totally recommend AoE deluxe Drift: he's by far the best figure in wave 2, the lack of wrist rotation (he DOES have wrist movement though) doesn't hinder his sword-posing, transformation is fun and simple and he's an all around enjoyable lil' Samurai robot. Or wait for the platinum autobot pack or whatever.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

I have seen at least two roadbusters at every target I have been to for the last two days (like three of them), so try there. No Skybytes though.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Gammatron saying stuff, or whatever, about MP fort

Once again:

Anora posted:

And you don't have a crane and several technicians on hand for that sort of project?

What sort of Transformers fan are you?

though you do want an MP Kup, so we're cool.

Man I want a sweet Kup figure, as Gen Kup is kinda bogged down by arm issues, that kinda gently caress up vehicle mode, and I never found a Prime Kup.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Anora posted:

... I never found a Prime Kup.

The better for you. I view that as one of my worst TF-buying decisions, and I buy all kinds of dumb poo poo.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I want an MP Astrotrain. I will put my deluxe sized decepticons in him.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Captain Magic posted:

The better for you. I view that as one of my worst TF-buying decisions, and I buy all kinds of dumb poo poo.

on a scale of Prime Airachnid to Generations Bumblebee/Gold bug/Nightbeat where are we looking?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Anora posted:

on a scale of Prime Airachnid to Generations Bumblebee/Gold bug/Nightbeat where are we looking?
So on a scale of -3 to 2? What kind of scale is this? "On a scale of my house burnt down to a wet fart in a movie theater..."

(I am totally hoping to buy a Nightbeat actually)

Also Kup is on clearance at BBTS!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Anora posted:

Prime Kup isn't that bad, but he's one of those deluxes who has a worse transformation than the Cyberverse version of the character, who manages to have an actual chest windshield and truck bed.. He also tends to look better if you leave the part of the hood that supposed to fold over his shoulder on his back, like so (scroll down). I'd put him about on par with Prime Bumblebee, he's certainly no Airachnid or Knock Out, but definitely not a FE Vehicon either.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I feel like Prime Bumblebee was a very good toy, but I think I have the FE version. At any rate, Generations Kup is superior in every way you could think of. If he doesn't do the trick for you, Prime Kup won't either. Honestly I transformed him one time and then gave it away as soon as I could.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Spiderdrake posted:

a wet fart in a movie theater...

Thanks for reminding me of LotR: Return of the King... You do not understand how long the ending of that movie goes on until you are not your ride home.

Was prime Kup just a scaled up version of the Ironhide/Huffer mold? I know there were some differences, but if I remember right the Legion Kup was just a repaint of Ironhide, and was retooled into Huffer (who I have).

And I do like Gen Kup, but man those arms just terrify me, and the wheels never seem to fit.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I was just at the Transformers Expo in Tokyo, and look who I saw:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Forest ranger Prime?

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Grimlock crotch?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Sunstorm's tailfin?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

The Goon posted:

I was just at the Transformers Expo in Tokyo, and look who I saw:

So I just looked up that Optimus and it appears to be a promotional item for the Japanese clothing brand called "BAPE"(Bathing Ape).

It seems this isn't the first Bape Optimus either.

I'm more interested in finding out why Cybertron(Galaxy Force) Optimus is also on that display!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lepecard posted:

So I just looked up that Optimus and it appears to be a promotional item for the Japanese clothing brand called "BAPE"(Bathing Ape).

No loving way. I have no idea how I could tell, but when I saw that symbol on his shoulder(on my phone no less) I thought it was that monkey logo even though I didn't know what company the logo was for. Weird!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Lepecard posted:

I'm more interested in finding out why Cybertron(Galaxy Force) Optimus is also on that display!

That looks like THS-01 Hybrid Style Galaxy Convoy. At least the size is comparable.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Lepecard posted:

It's the Hybrid figure judging from the size, maybe there's plans for a reissue, they did reissue the other two releases in the line recently.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Woah, I know he's closer to the camera than the others but even so, Star Sabre looks *huuuuuge*...

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I may be alone here but that star saber alt mode is funny looking. I'm also not familiar with the character outside of his recent appearance in the comics, so I feel I can safely avoid that purchase.

Also I'm kind of interested in Prime Kup (or Ironhide) now so thanks, guys.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

drat, I'll be back, guys. Got to go sell a kidney so I can pre-order this sucker.

Generations Kup talk: I love him. I think both modes look good great. Yelling old guy face, orthopedic clown shoe feet, hipster vintage pick-up truck mode, the musket becoming part of the dual exhaust, etc. Mind you, those door panels on the forearms are utter sadness inducing bullshit, but I haven't had any trouble with the wheels or anything on mine, at least.

I am totally welcoming to an MP Kup too. The world always needs more grumpy old bots on the shelves.

Edit: ...We Really should. Also the severed Megatron head. VVVVVVVVVVV

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 9, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

can we talk about the flocked Optimus Primal

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
And is that some kind of voyager-class Torca?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Those are all examples of prototypes from throughout the years. Presumably at one point they intended to make flocked Primal, maybe it was even the proposed original version of his figure. Torca is likely made at a higher scale(see that Beast Wars Megatron Head in the top right) and intended to be downscaled for production, though it's also possible they intended to make Mega or even Ultra classed Fuzors and he was one of them before being downsized but I doubt it. Also if you look on the bottom of the picture you can see a very early proto for Sixshot, so blocky.