Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Metro is going to be cheap as well. You can choose to buy each game separately. In the UK they'll be just £15 each on the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!
Does anyone know if I can just plug a mic into the controller and the ps4 will recognize it as input only. I really don't have the need or want for a full headset.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Pretty sure that works or a USB one?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

haveblue posted:

It's the exact same game with more pixels and more frames per second. No new problems introduced.

While I don't know if this is true for the PS3 version, stealth killing guys on the grounded difficulty often times breaks AI routines, were entire scripted events don't play out and the AI stand in one place until the player creates a noise, attacks, or otherwise would force the AI to be put into a different status than normal.

I was stuck on one encounter for 5 hours because after I killed the first 6 guys stealthfuly, and the forced sequence to spawn the other guys didn't play until I had to force the AI to react to my presence. Basically killing any use of the stealth mechanic for some of the encounters. It is really bullshit for having to kill 15 loving guys, but only 3 will spawn at first, then the respawn happens, even if you are 100% stealth, but they'll already know Joel is lurking around, despite having not been discovered or even detected. Hell I've had it so some enemies spawn behind me, in already cleared out areas after stealth killing an entire floor of the hotel because, that is fun and totally immersive.

I would suggest rent the game and play on normal or hard. Easy is real fun but a bit too easy, even with a couple of encounters being retries due to bullshit scripted events.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
For people with fan or heat issues, I'll once again recommend the 1TB hybrid drive. It produces a fair bit less heat than the stock drive.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Christoff posted:

You should rock the regular tall FPS freek on the right stick at least IMO

Check out the kelux ones in the OP good reviews and goons have said good things about 'em. Especially if you have rubber peeling off issues. It *might* require you to glue them. I have some but haven't bothered to mess with them. Will post a trip report. Apparently the tallest is a good alternative to the FPS freek. It comes with a bunch of pieces anyways.

My CQCs should be here early next week (takes a while for them to get to Australia) so I can't really comment from experience, but the reason I ordered CQCs and not Ultras is because I read quite a few comments on the height of the Ultras making it a bit of a pain to then quickly use the regular face buttons. With jumping (and mobility in general) being so important in Destiny that would be a pretty big issue for me. Maybe I should try both.

Feenix posted:

FPS FREEKS (CQC MODEL) Trip Report: 20 minutes in:

I like them. They feel nice. Upped my sensitivity in BF4 and it took a little getting used to, but I also haven't played BF4 in months so there's that to contend with, too.

Honestly, the best test will be with Destiny as that is the game with controls I enjoyed that is also freshest in my muscle memory.

But for just north of 10 dollars, these feel nice and I like the position my thumb is in, what with being higher.

Thanks heaps for the trip report mate! Wish mine would hurry up and get here. That and September 9!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just got CQCs too. Never liked the PS4 thumbsticks compared to 360.

Here's an active 10% off code for anyone else who buys them direct from Kontrol Freeks: CazuaLLUK

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I want Diablo 3 Ultimate but I don't want to replay the entire game. My save is on my dead PS3 :(

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I sucked it up and ordered like 4 different stick covers since my sticks are starting to do the thing and have gotten a bit more slippery. Went for the dryest tackiest ones I could get and also grabbed the KF CQC special whatever edition since they look nice and don't add too much height. I really don't like the tall ones at all so hopefully they work out for me. If anyone's interested I'll post my thoughts on all of these once they get here on Tuesday.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Are there any deals on DS4s at the moment?

I was going to buy a new one since mine now has a half-functional R2 button and I want to have one that fully works by the time Diablo 3 drops, but I was waiting until I got the money for one, and now that I have it these deals are dead:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah check my post history in this thread I posted some stuff not sure if they're still good. There was one to get like 3 for $50 off or something. Everyone should just watch slickdeals.net honest

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Grip chat:

I received a set of the Kelux grips for my birthday, which replaced the last-gen FPS Freek I had been using on the right stick and added a grip to the bare left stick. These things are a fantastic upgrade. When I get around to it I'm going to leave a 5 star review on their amazon page. Right now I'm using the tall concave stick on the right and the short convex grip cover on the left. The grip on the left was a big quality of life improvement, as I found the stock DS4 grip super uncomfortable on my thumb. I've put them through some serious stick abuse on the Destiny Beta, Trials Fusion, and TLoU mp and they have been perfect so far. When Drive Club and a few other racing games release, I'll be using one of the concave sticks on the left for better driving control.

The guy that left the one star amazon review is an idiot. I still have full range of motion on both sticks all the way to the plastic. They could have used a a brief set of installation instructions though. They don't snap on like an FPS Freek. They twist on like a medicine bottle cap. Took me a few minutes to figure that out. Overall, I highly recommend them if you're in the market for some new grips or stick extenders.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_remastered_patch_102/

Some sort of MP patch went out for faster matchmaking. I don't believe it, still takes me 5+ minutes to get in.

Whatever, I'll be on tonight grinding the dumb hunter trophy, 83 games, or whatever. I'm an alright medic, and I'm getting decent with the burst rifle.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Is there anything on the Playstation Store or PS+ for either PS3 or PS4 that, at all, resembles Marble Blast Ultra for the 360?

3D Marble Madness-type games with puzzles are my poo poo but I can't ever seem to find anything like it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've been connecting to MP no problem but then again I haven't had a single connection issue with MP at all anyway.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Is there anything on the Playstation Store or PS+ for either PS3 or PS4 that, at all, resembles Marble Blast Ultra for the 360?

3D Marble Madness-type games with puzzles are my poo poo but I can't ever seem to find anything like it.

Mercury Hg for the PS3 maybe?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Approaching the end of Wolfenstein and hooooly poo poo has it turned into an absolute slog. I like the story so I'm pushing through to the end but it has made a sharp turn from really fun into loving torture. The end of Serious Sam 3 was also bullshit but at least that was more a test of your endurance. I had to stop playing because I'd started to swear at my tv after clearing 75% of a room then dying in 3 seconds of concentrated fire from an enemy I didn't see for the hundredth time.

I'm playing on hard but there is a level of difficulty above me still and I can't even imagine how much that one must suck.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Approaching the end of Wolfenstein and hooooly poo poo has it turned into an absolute slog. I like the story so I'm pushing through to the end but it has made a sharp turn from really fun into loving torture. The end of Serious Sam 3 was also bullshit but at least that was more a test of your endurance. I had to stop playing because I'd started to swear at my tv after clearing 75% of a room then dying in 3 seconds of concentrated fire from an enemy I didn't see for the hundredth time.

I'm playing on hard but there is a level of difficulty above me still and I can't even imagine how much that one must suck.

You should play on normal difficulty instead because you're not good enough to play on hard and have an enjoyable experience. The end of the game is awesome and I had a great time, but it helps to not be bad at video games and stuff.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

You should play on normal difficulty instead because you're not good enough to play on hard and have an enjoyable experience. The end of the game is awesome and I had a great time, but it helps to not be bad at video games and stuff.

Knew I'd get this response. I play a lot of FPS games, aiming and dodging are not my issue. The issue is that they keep you in tiny hallways so you while you are focused on one enemy, another enemy can get behind you and light you up and there is absolutely nothing you can do.

I'll lower the difficulty so I can finish the drat game but it just feels like the end is hard for annoying reasons.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I played on normal the first time and it was a fair challenge. I recommend dropping the difficulty until you've collected the health or armor pickups and learned enemy placement. I've played 2 1/2 times through the game now and on the hardest difficulty I literally count off all enemies in the room. It was the only way I could gently caress with that difficulty level.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Played it on hard right off the bat and it was fun all the way through. The last boss was a bit of a challenge. Overall the game was fun as hell.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

monkeu posted:

Played it on hard right off the bat and it was fun all the way through. The last boss was a bit of a challenge. Overall the game was fun as hell.

Even Deathshead's Castle? That's what has been really pissing me off. All you ever see is those supersoldata and heavy soldiers. The shotguns start to feel completely useless when getting close enough to use them means almost certain death.

This stage and the couple before it have felt really rough. Before I'd occasionally hit a section that I had to retry a bunch but it was pretty rare. Now it feels like every encounter is ridiculous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really did not like the last boss of Wolfenstein. The biggest problem with it is that there really isn't anything to it. You just run around that room shooting at him and that's about it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Where the hell is my PS4 EDF game anyway? That was the most exciting announcement before the PS4's release for me. I was just playing some EDF4 and thinking how sweet it would be if it didn't run at 10-20fps. Oh, who am I kidding, they'd find a way to make it run that slowly on the PS4 too. But at least the load times would be shorter!

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Even Deathshead's Castle? That's what has been really pissing me off. All you ever see is those supersoldata and heavy soldiers. The shotguns start to feel completely useless when getting close enough to use them means almost certain death.

This stage and the couple before it have felt really rough. Before I'd occasionally hit a section that I had to retry a bunch but it was pretty rare. Now it feels like every encounter is ridiculous.

Find a recharge station, grab a 2-handed energy gun, and lure the enemies to you. Cheap and boring, but that's how I got through it on Uber.

The part where you go through the window a few levels prior was the most bullshit I've seen in a game in quite some time.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Now that you talk about the best game of 2013 you remind me I still have to plat Saints Row IV :v:

A PS4 remaster of Saints IV or a collection of the whole series would be a day one purchase for me.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Morby posted:

A PS4 remaster of Saints IV or a collection of the whole series would be a day one purchase for me.

If they remastered Saints Row 2 in some way I think I might die of happiness.

Edit: HD textures, better shooting controls, extra costumes. That's what I want.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, that would be a matter of taking the environment and story stuff and building the game in the SR3/4 engine. I imagine that would be very difficult. But, the end of 4 kinda sorta hinted to me at a return to the origin for the next game.

Definitely wouldn't want that. I'm one of those weird people who likes the character models in 2 way more than in 3 or 4. It would look really strange in the new engine.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 9, 2014

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Saints 2 is still my favorite of the series. I wish they were still going to continue it, but it seems like it's done.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

Well, that would be a matter of taking the environment and story stuff and building the game in the SR3/4 engine. I imagine that would be very difficult. But, the end of 4 kinda sorta hinted to me at a return to the origin for the next game.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Samurai Sanders posted:

Where the hell is my PS4 EDF game anyway? That was the most exciting announcement before the PS4's release for me. I was just playing some EDF4 and thinking how sweet it would be if it didn't run at 10-20fps. Oh, who am I kidding, they'd find a way to make it run that slowly on the PS4 too. But at least the load times would be shorter!

Honestly, I hope they just "remaster" 2025 and have that at an almost playable framerate. Inferno would be fifty times more terrifying when enemies move at full speed without the time dilation (aka framerate death) everytime I shoot a rocket launcher.

I finished Infamous: SS today, and it's actually super enjoyable. First Infamous game I've finished, and I reckon I might get back into it and polish off the trophies as well.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Is mecha-Hitler in Wolfenstein?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

PantsBandit posted:

Oh I'm not saying it was completely easy or anything, there were places where I died a few times in a row for sure, but it never felt frustratingly hard or unfair on hard for me. Probably that window spot that Malt mentioned was the encounter I was stuck at for the longest but even that wasn't too bad. I generally play games on hard though because I only really ever play single player campaigns once, and I like a challenge. I would have played Uber or whatever the hardest difficulty is called but I heard from a few places that the enemies just throw grenades constantly and it sounded decidedly unfun.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Is mecha-Hitler in Wolfenstein?

Hitler is never mentioned.

"Fuhrer" or however you spell it might be in a newspaper or two.

e: \/\/\/ Huh. Still though. They kinda just gloss over Hitler. \/\/\/

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 9, 2014

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

^^^At one point a guard says "heil hitler" to you.

monkeu posted:

Oh I'm not saying it was completely easy or anything, there were places where I died a few times in a row for sure, but it never felt frustratingly hard or unfair on hard for me. Probably that window spot that Malt mentioned was the encounter I was stuck at for the longest but even that wasn't too bad. I generally play games on hard though because I only really ever play single player campaigns once, and I like a challenge. I would have played Uber or whatever the hardest difficulty is called but I heard from a few places that the enemies just throw grenades constantly and it sounded decidedly unfun.

I guess my main issue is that a game like this should give you a whole bunch of tools and then at the end let you just go crazy with them. Serious Sam does that well. Wolfenstein gives you a bunch of extremely entertaining guns, but then creates scenarios where playing with most of them will get you killed. Regardless, it's not a huge deal and it didn't sour Wolfenstein as a whole for me.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I haven't paid attention or logged onto my ps4 in about a month. I downloaded last month's free game and I just downloaded the newest one, and purchased that "out of this world" game.

Is there anything new I should look into ? If I havent played Last of Us should I go buy that ? What else have I missed?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

You've got some crazy powerful weapons. The lazer gun can kill most stuff in one hit when you charge it completely, and dual shotguns with ripper shells take down a lot of stuff quickly, as well as just using rockets to chunk stuff. The cover system also works really well if you actually pay attention to the arrows next to your cross hair. This isn't a game that restricts your tactics, you can run away and reposition and approach from a lot of angles and the enemies have fairly consistent behaviour.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.

jonathan posted:

I haven't paid attention or logged onto my ps4 in about a month. I downloaded last month's free game and I just downloaded the newest one, and purchased that "out of this world" game.

Is there anything new I should look into ? If I havent played Last of Us should I go buy that ? What else have I missed?

Reminder that we get two free games a month, so if you only got Fez or Road Not Taken, you need to grab the other one.

Yes, you should play Last of Us - buy it if you like third person multiplayer that involves group tactics at all or like to replay single player content a lot, maybe rent it if you only do single player once (it's like 20 hours plus a 2 hour story DLC.)

It's summer, so it's been quiet beyond downloadable titles, but if any of these sound interesting to you they are what the thread has been playing: Sniper Elite 3, Valiant Hearts, Rogue Legacy, The Swapper, Gucamelee, and Oddworld.

Also, we all played the Destiny beta which you may have missed (it was free to everyone with PS+ for two days no matter if they preordered or not.)

Sales-wise, we had a great superhero sale (Injustice and Lego Marvel for $8 each) and there's a deal going on where a wave of four indie games get 20% off if you preorder plus $3-10 PSN credit depending on how many you buy.

In terms of what's coming out, in August there are two cool indie games (Hohokum and CounterSpy), Metro Redux, inFamous First Light, Diablo 3, and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seedge posted:

I did three journeys on PS3 and I see myself doing more on PS4. Or do you mean the single player?

From a while back, but I was talking about single player. Most of it is just insanely lame collectable bullshit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

NESguerilla posted:

From a while back, but I was talking about single player. Most of it is just insanely lame collectable bullshit.

It was their intention to have very few trophy pop ups during the course of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So they just made the lamest, most unfun trophy set ever to make that happen? What could be more fun than going back and playing the game on easy after beating the hardest difficulty so you can open every shiv door and find a bunch of stupid worthless pendants? The game has horrible trophies.

• Locked thread