Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

So it's either you want to wander all night through a swamp, or you're a zombie, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Wanamingo posted:

And I suppose you have a better way of getting the marshmallow to him?

Marshmallow fluff in a 3D printer?

Pickles: Who doesn't like cold pizza?? Stupid kid.

Bleeker: We finally get a visit from Refurb again.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

gleebster posted:

So it's either you want to wander all night through a swamp, or you're a zombie, eh?

Well there's a lot of mosquitoes and your feet get soaked. :shrug:

Millions of Crows fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 9, 2014

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Hey! It's up to Inspector Danger to determine if this dago bastard was murdered or not.

Mary Worth

He's a professional arm wrestler! :eek:

Rex Morgan MD

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm amazed how sordid and yet inapplicable Dr. Kapuht's secret sin is.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The kid's a human drug dog.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Mr. Maltose posted:

I'm amazed how sordid and yet inapplicable Dr. Kapuht's secret sin is.

There's nothing worse than a doctor who has diabetes and has to take insulin. :colbert:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

An accident - or a murder!
That's for me to decide!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 9, 2014

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Meanwhile Dr. Kapuht is doing another cyst removal.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (May 21, 1927)

Peanuts (August 12, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (June 10-11, 1925)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Shrub-monkeys!!

Heathcliff do you think he has truk-nutz on that thing?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Not that far off from the truth. 'Ventriloquism' is latin for 'Stomach talking,' the original term in Greek was Gastromancy. The oracle at Delphi first used it to channel the voices of the dead.

Amazing coincidence or intentional R. Crumb Tribute Comix? You be the judge.

Pooch Café

You definitely need to be careful before you try the Keep on Truckin pose. You need to do some cross-training first.

Ballard Street

Were you not paying attention, lady? It's so he doesn't pull a groin muscle!

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Happy birthday to Tove Jansson! Whatever happened to the Moomin posting? It was one of my favorite strips and I need to get around to getting some actual Moomin books.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Non Sequitur

The people on the bottom of the planet don't matter, do they Danae?

Heavenly Nostrils is back on track.

This one's definitely a rerun. Like, from just a few months ago.

9 Chickweed Lane 8/9/2003

Yep, that's pretty much how cats work.

Zits

:rimshot:

Kevin & Kell

The kid's going to expose him as a rabbit, and then he will be killed and eaten.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom
He's in the middle of the jungle, surrounded by people who hate him. Win or lose, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Why couldn't he just eat the meat himself?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He's a herbivore, which in Holbrook's mind means he can never, ever eat meat ever. Never mind what happens with actual herbivores.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Ah, now we know what the Phantom's plan was all along. He wants the President to bloody his own knuckles on the captive prisoner while the whole town watches. Knowing that a suspected terrorist is being held out there somewhere is one thing, but going there and engaging in the beating himself is quite another. He'll never be able to say anything to anyone unless he wants to destroy his own career and put himself out there as a target for retribution.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tiggum posted:

He's in the middle of the jungle, surrounded by people who hate him. Win or lose, I don't think he's going anywhere.

"Coney", I am begging you. Please, eat the meat. Eat all the meat up.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Tiggum posted:

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

Hamagic
Jul 2, 2008

Dr. Dos posted:

Happy birthday to Tove Jansson! Whatever happened to the Moomin posting? It was one of my favorite strips and I need to get around to getting some actual Moomin books.

My girlfriend and I found kid robot moomin keychains at a small Japanese toy store by our apartment the other day. We were both pretty stoked on it.

I got stinky :woop:

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

I picture this being like the scene in Airplane!, there's just a line of people waiting their turn to fight him.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Andy Kaufman, eccentric comedian; Dick Gephardt had political views which shifted over the years; and then there's Bob Dole.

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Green Intern posted:

Lickety-whop is such a great sound effect.

I think D. Thompson (Rip Haywire artist) could take a note or two from Roy Crane. Just look at the work he put into Buz Sawyer

:drat:, that's a fine Boeing 314 Clipper.

(Unfortunately at the time this strip was published only one Clipper was still in service, and the last remaining 314 was scrapped by the end of the year.)

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 9, 2014

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Heavenly Nostrils is back on track.

This one's definitely a rerun. Like, from just a few months ago.

She got caught up just in time to go on a break. :(

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

The kid's going to expose him as a rabbit, and then he will be killed and eaten.

Isn't Coney already a rabbit? Her name is even the term for a baby hare. I thought it was just some bizarre thing where she looks like all rabbit but her mother is a wolf or something so she's magically never targeted for the same gruesome murder she has been raised to commit on a daily basis.

e: I just reread that last sentence I wrote and goddammnit Holbrook :psypop:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

cobalt impurity posted:

Isn't Coney already a rabbit? Her name is even the term for a baby hare. I thought it was just some bizarre thing where she looks like all rabbit but her mother is a wolf or something so she's magically never targeted for the same gruesome murder she has been raised to commit on a daily basis.
No, she's a carnivore or at least omnivore (Holbrook doesn't really seem to acknowledge the existence of omnivores) and a god damned murder machine on top of that.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Dr. Dos posted:

v:saddowns:v I ran out, unfortunately I only own the first 3 books.
I dunno about the other people who have posted it earlier, however.

( For anyone with Moomin Withdrawal :
http://imgur.com/a/j76QL - Moomin builds a house.
http://imgur.com/a/XjE31 - Moomin falls in love.

e: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3598988&userid=143898 for the 3? or so stories I've posted in this thread, for anyone who wants to re-read them. )

SubNat fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 9, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

cobalt impurity posted:

As stated, Coney is a rabbit. She has actually been targeted by predators, she just killed and ate them instead. Even as a baby. I am not joking, I think that, perhaps after Kell (but perhaps not; she's killed a lot of people), Coney has the highest body-count in the strip.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

cobalt impurity posted:

Coney is the psycho carnivore, but this is the rabbit boyfriend of the tiger who is posing as Coney to sneak into carnivore camp except the camps went on lockdown while the swap was in effect.

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

hexwren fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 9, 2014

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Gonna cross post this from the political cartoons thread because I never expected to see a published Pluggers parody

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I suddenly really miss Soul Corner. :smith:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm really hoping that this Phantom arc ends with Phantom getting his rear end kicked and then Chatu just kind of effortlessly backhanding the president of Bangalla aside and walking to freedom (the tribesmen guys just let him go because of Jungle Honor or whatever). Maybe with his archenemy on the loose we'll start getting actual adventures in this strip again.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Auditing:
- Oohhoh
- The refreshment budget has been exceeded by a million euros
- Oh well, it's not like this needs to be millimeter accurate

Milli is often used as an informal short word for miljoona, million. Tarkka means precise, accurate, exact etc, and millintarkka, milli(meter) accurate, is used as an exaggeration.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (August 11, 1956)

A fine political party that forgets to take its candidate to the convention. :colbert:

Peanuts: Year One (February 5-7, 1951)

And now, a new cast member!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zereth posted:

No, she's a carnivore or at least omnivore (Holbrook doesn't really seem to acknowledge the existence of omnivores) and a god damned murder machine on top of that.

There's a human kid in the strip for some reason now, so I'm willing to bet he'll do an omnivore story soon. Knowing his track record, it'll be a bisexuality metaphor.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Gotta be a pretty lovely necromancer if you let yourself be zombiefied like that.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

I was going to edit the answer to have Bob actually be the killer, but you know, I like this better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

God drat it, inspector danger! You just rejected a ticket stub as an alibi two weeks ago! Aren't you even going to call the theatre and see if the usher saw him go in??

• Locked thread