Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

alg posted:

Just noticed they are unpainted too.

It's a cool game but I think I can finally pass on a FFG star wars game :negative:

The squadrons are unpainted, but the cap ships come pre-painted. I can see that being a nightmare to fix however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Looks like we are getting an FFG Star Wars Fleet Battles game.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4979

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You are six posts late.

JFC do people not read this poo poo anymore?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I heard that FFG is releasing a capital ship Star Wars game, anybody got any info?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Strobe posted:

You are six posts late.

JFC do people not read this poo poo anymore?

To be fair, his version has a picture. I didn't have a picture.

I suck :negative:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I was almost 300 posts behind in this thread so jumped to the last page and posted. I am sorry, I didn't realize there was a premium on posts...

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

LumberingTroll posted:

I was almost 300 posts behind in this thread so jumped to the last page and posted. I am sorry, I didn't realize there was a premium on posts...

chill out & read the thread man

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
"Primary Weapons" and "Anti-squadron armament"? What, doesn't everyone intuitively know the difference between Turbolasers and Laser Cannons?

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Oh god, that game is everything I ever wanted when I heard about X-Wing in the first place. I really hope it catches fire like X-Wing has.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Just got my Tantive IV and, well one of the engine blocks has fallen off in the box. Is this easily fixed (i.e. They're supposed to come off) or should I send it back for a replacement?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PJOmega posted:

Just got my Tantive IV and, well one of the engine blocks has fallen off in the box. Is this easily fixed (i.e. They're supposed to come off) or should I send it back for a replacement?

If it doesn't look like it's an easy fix, contact FFG. Every encounter I've heard with their CS team has been amazing, especially regarding X-Wing.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I can't even handle how much excitement I got reading through that article. :dance: :dance: :dance:

PS, I still want to take some time to take over/re-launch the OP soon (probably won't happen until after GenCon, but soon still). Should we consider making it a Star Wars Miniatures megathread of sorts and just cover both games? Or should I just keep it to X-Wing and let an Armada thread crop up in due time closer to release?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Why, FFG, why?!

Why do you want me to die penniless and alone, surrounded by tiny plastic spaceships?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My sort of FLGS had an end of financial year sale and I was looking at getting either Star Wars: X-Wing or Star Trek Attack Wing for a good week of the sale, but in the end decided neither.

Now though, now they've gone and done this.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FFG gets so god drat much of my money. Netrunner, Starwars LCG, X-Wing, and now this.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

overdesigned posted:

Why do you want me to die penniless and alone, surrounded by tiny plastic spaceships?

Life well spent.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

overdesigned posted:

Why, FFG, why?!

You didnt say "unhappy"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I swear to God those people have my house bugged.Between this game and the X-Com board game they are releasing it seems like they start working as soon as they hear us go "i wonder how a board game of X would work?"

It's like they want me to go broke.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

overdesigned posted:

Why, FFG, why?!

What did he say?

"Firespray", I think.

What do you think that means?

Who cares, just keep tossing all these ships into the fire.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

When the world ends, all this cardboard will keep me warm, and these little plastic ships entertained.

Thanks for taking everything from me, FFG! :v:

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

quote:

Just as he bends down to pick up the X-Wing, he stumbles, and his dice fall on the floor, bounce out the door, and down a storm drain. In shock, he hopelessly strains to reach the dice he cannot play without, and says, "That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was all the time I wanted...! That's not fair!"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Just to add insult to injury, he got all eyes and he didn't have a focus on Wedge.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

the X-Com board game they are releasing

Wait, what?

This capital ship game will be interesting at the very least. I've only skimmed the announcement page, but is it clear if this is going to be a fully supported, long-term product line? Or is it maybe just a one-off?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Veritek83 posted:

Wait, what?

This capital ship game will be interesting at the very least. I've only skimmed the announcement page, but is it clear if this is going to be a fully supported, long-term product line? Or is it maybe just a one-off?

It passes FFG's test for product lines:

Can we make shittons of money from fans?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
God. Damnit. I've spent months saying 'I love X-Wing, but it doesn't scratch my Battlefleet Gothic itch', and now they've gone and somehow heard me. FFG, why do you hate my bank balance so?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Shockeh posted:

God. Damnit. I've spent months saying 'I love X-Wing, but it doesn't scratch my Battlefleet Gothic itch', and now they've gone and somehow heard me. FFG, why do you hate my bank balance so?

They don't hate your bank balance. In fact, they love it so much that they'd like to balance it even more. Specifically, it will be balanced at exactly 0, and they'll very nobly unbalance their own balance by taking on all that excess money.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Money is one thing. I won't go broke keeping up with an LCG and two minis games. But when am I going to find the time to play all of them?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Money is one thing. I won't go broke keeping up with an LCG and two minis games. But when am I going to find the time to play all of them?

Work > FLGS > Sleep > Work > FLGS > Sleep

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Poopy Palpy posted:

P-lay? What's that strange word you're using?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tippis posted:

P-lay? What's that strange word you're using?

30 seconds of Google research says that thing that people do with their plastic spaceships when they have friends. Why would anyone want to willingly subject themselves to people? :stonk:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Because that's the only way to gloat about your superior skill in pushing tiny spaceships around a table, that's why!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Caddrel posted:

drat, FFG website says reprint not until Q4 2014? http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp
I thought there was a reprint coming out soon.

It's too bad, a nice part of X-Wing seemed to be that all ships were readily available at retail prices. That may not be possible as they spread production over the increased variety of ships.

It's ok, I found a Falcon in stock. And at a reasonable price too!

VVV Sadly I'm in the UK.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 9, 2014

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3
If you guys are having trouble finding Falcons, try Barnes and Noble. I found two at one last night

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Ahem http://www.gamestop.com/toys/x-wing-millennium-falcon-expansion-pack/110182

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Thanks! Got the last one at Barnes and Noble.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006
My b&n was sold out of falcons, however I did snag a y-wing!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Oh god. This game is everything I wanted xwing to be it looks like. Capital ships are awesome!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

The worst thing is that I almost see Armada as being much more expansion-happy than X-Wing is.

Not only do they have the same kind of “normal” vs “large” ship divide (frigates and corvettes vs. star destroyers and MC cruisers), but there's an immediate go-to for huge ships in the Super SDs and expanded-universe dreadnoughts and the possibility of having a new “tiny” segment, which would effectively be fighter squadrons.

And by “worst thing” I mean “best thing”.
And by “best thing” I mean “ouch my wallet”.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tippis posted:

The worst thing is that I almost see Armada as being much more expansion-happy than X-Wing is.

Not only do they have the same kind of “normal” vs “large” ship divide (frigates and corvettes vs. star destroyers and MC cruisers), but there's an immediate go-to for huge ships in the Super SDs and expanded-universe dreadnoughts and the possibility of having a new “tiny” segment, which would effectively be fighter squadrons.

And by “worst thing” I mean “best thing”.
And by “best thing” I mean “ouch my wallet”.

Yeah, I'm just hoping the fighter stands will be reasonably priced since they're not prepainted.

edit: I like that this swaps the elite/swarm sides from X-Wing with big imperial ships vs more small rebel ships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I will not be happy with this game until I can fly a pair of Imperial Star Destroyer IIs and a screening squadron of Victories with a veritable swarm of TIE Fighters and Interceptors against a pair of Mon Calamari Cruisers and several squadrons of Corvettes, Gunships, and Nebulon Frigates with their accompanying fighters.

The same way I really want to play a game with 12 X-Wings against two squadrons of TIEs.

• Locked thread