Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Cuniculous posted:

My new comforter got here today :D

Where'd you get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Where'd you get it?

Target. They have deer and horses too.

Is it okay to ask for product suggestions in this thread? Because I'm moving into a new apartment, and I need some pots and pans, and a good knife set.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'd actually flip through the GWS product recommendation thread, those are subjects that come up a lot.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

A really nice RAH Sakura Kyouko figure off Mandarake for my shameful anime figurine collection.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

neongrey posted:

I'd actually flip through the GWS product recommendation thread, those are subjects that come up a lot.

This is a good idea.

I bought a surge protector, some tops, new running socks, and guacamole today.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

neongrey posted:

I should have thought of that. Thank you :)

Since I'm here...

This is from Kozyndan. I have a few of their other prints, and I love them.

I got them off eBay for cheap, but I first found them on Urban Outfitters.

I like coffee mugs. Again, from Urban Outfitters.

And I got this one for my sister :3:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but make sure they don't try to charge you for your own modem. I've been with them (no other option) for about 14 years and have always provided my own modem. A couple of months ago they sent me a letter apologizing for not charging me rent for the modem.

Yeah, I've heard about those stories. I haven't hooked it up yet because I'm still trying to work out some issues with even more tech stuff I bought today. Thanks for the reminder!

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

king of the bongo posted:

Magpul bump case, hope it doesn't suck!
I have one too, doesnt suck. a lot of lint will gradually build up in the pocket for the camera lens though.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Just waiting for them to arrive now :buddy:

HeySka
Jan 3, 2006

...or is it?

N&F Okayama Spirit, a grail piece for me because it is the most interesting pair of denim texture-wise for me. I saw these in the store and I had to have a pair. Unfortunately they didn't have my size and wouldn't be getting any more because they are dead stock. I found a guy selling a pair online in my size but in a cut I haven't tried before. I really hope these bastards fit right when they come in the mail! It will also be my first pair of unsanforized denim so it will be a new experience for sure. Also picked up this t-shirt from my favorite shop in Munich. He does all his own screen printing by hand on t-shirts produced with old school techniques and machines. Pretty cool.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

I bought a washing machine intended for caravans because my appartment is small and the public laundry room situation is poo poo.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

QuasiQuack posted:

It must be very expensive to rent that second apartment just for shoes considering the living cost where you live :smug:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Kosh Naranek posted:

It must be very expensive to rent that second apartment just for shoes considering the living cost where you live :smug:

Not really, since I live with my parents :suicide:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Asics Onitsuka Tigers & a battery charger w/solar panel cause solar is cool :awesome:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

QuasiQuack posted:

Link to the purple ones please?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Scarf posted:

Link to the purple ones please?

http://www.aphrodite1994.com/footwear/mens-designer-trainers/adidas-originals-zx-flux-purple-nps-trainers

This is the only site I know of that has them. It's also a preorder, they release in september.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

beanieson posted:

Asics Onitsuka Tigers & a battery charger w/solar panel cause solar is cool :awesome:

I've got that same charger for almost 2 years and it is still working great. Only thing is ditch the connectors that came with it, just use regular usb-device connectors.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
My newest purchase in which I got ripped off by an Amazon seller

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Canon 40mm f/2.8 STM lens, also known as The Pancake.

I just sold the only prime I had (Tamron 60mm f/2 Macro) the other day, and before I had that one, I had the Canon 50mm 1.8 for a few years. So I'm hoping this will serve me well as my one and only prime lens (for now, at least). It looks lightweight as gently caress and is supposed to be a great walkaround lens, so I can't wait for it to get here so I can test it out. Hopefully it'll give me an excuse to use my camera even more.

Plus, it's only $112 on Canon's refurb store right now ($121 after tax) as opposed to $199 new on Amazon, and in my experience, refurbished lenses are either as good as new ones or even better than new ones because they've been serviced by a factory technician and have higher quality control.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Grump posted:

My newest purchase in which I got ripped off by an Amazon seller

Long day and did quick glance of pic on phone. Thought it said "Epic Fuckery"

Would be agood name for a game.

Sorry about what you got. I've had good luck returning used games with Amazon even with third parties if I start process through Amazon

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

For my daughter for Christmas - I know it's early but they're probably already sold out.

JMod
Dec 12, 2004

MaliciousOnion posted:

For my daughter for Christmas - I know it's early but they're probably already sold out.

Why does Donatello have a blade (and a missing tooth) - is this new why didn't anyone tell me

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

JMod posted:

Why does Donatello have a blade (and a missing tooth) - is this new why didn't anyone tell me

Nickelodeon's version of TMNT, started in 2012. Also I think it's meant to be a tooth gap, not a missing tooth.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JMod posted:

He's the Chris Benoit of Ninja Turtles.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

rockcity posted:

That's pretty awesome. The dual tap setup is sufficient for me, mostly because it is just my wife and I in my house and my wife doesn't drink at all, so two 5 gallon kegs of beer will last me quite a while. Most of my beer drinking friends are about 30 minutes from me to, so the vast majority of what's in there will be consumed by me. The one thing I have left is that I'm going to buy sliding shelves and a door mount for them so the left cabinet pulls all the way out to hold my glassware. I'm also potentially getting my friend with a 3D printer to make me some custom tap handles.

Worst case if he can't do it I can. I've been doing them for my local brewer club over in Australia.

Yeah I have a lot of beer drinking friends, one of the guys at the brewing shop and his partner live 3 doors up and im in a small town where everyone is able to get to mine within 10 minutes, so it helps. I only usualy have two on tap at the moment, but that's because I don't have room and I haven't got a chest freezer or any taps bar one bronco tap lol.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

JMod posted:

Like MaliciousOnion said, the new TV series:

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.
Clarks had a sale on, got a pair of Torbay for 20. Canny.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
New exhaust for my truck to replace the rusted out crap that's under it now.

Amazon basics Bluetooth speaker for my desk at work

Two of these bad boys for my oldest because Toys R Us went full retard and clearanced them out (marked down to $21.99!)

Home Depot play chainsaw for my youngest so he can cut down trees in the back yard.

Also signed up for MeUndies monthly

Gonna give this a go after polishing off the Bulleit last night

Jesus I just can't stop!

Edit: And these little shits too

Henchman 21 has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Aug 9, 2014

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

My friend bought new tv, so I wanted something nice too. Easily the best headphones I have ever owned.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Goodwill find, only $30 and real leather! No labels though, which is weird.

For my friend.

For me.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Yessssss.

It's good. Maybe not Scott Pilgrim good (there's so much more you can do with the space of multiple volumes rather than a single book) but it's good.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Pre-ordered this, I love me some Groot.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Pre-ordered this, I love me some Groot.

I'm holding out for a dancing baby Groot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Henchman 21 posted:

Gonna give this a go after polishing off the Bulleit last night

This stuff is so gosh dang good. I always have this and Black Velvet toasted caramel whiskey. Yeah, it's not manly but gently caress is it tasty.

I got this too and was really disappointing. It's not terrible or anything but it feels like 2/3rds of a book.

I'm finally making enough money to buy a ton of comics again.

Plus two things I remember liking when I was younger:

This is very, very good.

This is a hot pile of garbage.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

This is a hot pile of garbage.

That's a shame, the original Origin series on him was pretty good IMO.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Big rear end steel plate and associated hardware for to be shooting at.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Sorbus posted:

My friend bought new tv, so I wanted something nice too. Easily the best headphones I have ever owned.

Sennheiser makes good poo poo. Every headphone I've bought from them has been fantastic, even the tiny ones.

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!
Some comics:

and

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

:slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

leidend posted:

Oreck Touch. Because Dysons are too expensive and my lovely Samsung Navibot has failed to clean along the walls for the last time (died).

Apparently Oreck Canada is run by a single old lady and she never gets any stock (told me I'd have to wait 9+ weeks for a vacuum I needed a month ago) so now I'm the proud owner of this ugly thing

Dyson DC42