Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Yeah, a bit of numbering unfucking would go a long way for Firefall.

I got an email yesterday that was like 'Hey, upgrade to a Digital Deluxe addition!'

So now the company is emailing people asking for $70. That's not a small amount of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cheers for the help, guys. I might drop a fiver or so at some point for the VIP stuff, but right now I can't see myself putting much money - if any - into it.

Level 25 for a mount, right?

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

poptart_fairy posted:

Cheers for the help, guys. I might drop a fiver or so at some point for the VIP stuff, but right now I can't see myself putting much money - if any - into it.

Level 25 for a mount, right?

21 if you can find someone who's willing to activate and do the quest with you.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Around 10k credits for the good one if you're up for some light farming.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Was 8k last I checked

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
They'd have to severely boost the amount of EXP given from job board to make players happy. Even with Founders + VIP + 5th day Login Bonus, you still have to regrind missions in between ARES and OCT to get to the next board.

So basically 20-30% more exp from job boards might make vip feel like its worth the beans.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Thor-Stryker posted:

They'd have to severely boost the amount of EXP given from job board to make players happy. Even with Founders + VIP + 5th day Login Bonus, you still have to regrind missions in between ARES and OCT to get to the next board.

So basically 20-30% more exp from job boards might make vip feel like its worth the beans.

One of my biggest misgivings is the lack of any login bonus scaling past day 5. Seriously, give me more incentive than the exact same bonus I got the day before, even if it's a small pack of consumables that has more of everything every fifth subsequent day.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

I regrettably remember another Goon convincing me to drop $100 on the founders pack like 2 years ago. I can't believe this finally launched. Downloading to check out now. Look out for my sweet founders-only bike. :c00lbert:

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

This is sort of my thought too. I am playing it in small doses and enjoying it, but am not going to grind it until some things are fixed up. Thankfully the patch last week showed that they are open to mixing things up, hopefully they continue that course and listen to feedback.

Red5 has been open to mixing things up for the past 3 years.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

JonusRockweller posted:

Good lord Red5, I don't think the players value your beans as much as you think they do. That is an awesome hard-coded bottleneck.

Yea... I was fully expecting the market to crash not realizing 100 was a hard code limit. I wonder if we should add something to the OP about not spending earth bucks until further notice. Can't really convert them for use on the market, I have a sell order that is 4 days old right now.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the advice, guys. Had no idea I had to convert crystite to credits - wondered why I was broke. :downs:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
The limit is 25k cy for 1k cred tho.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ShadowMoo posted:

The limit is 25k cy for 1k cred tho.

At least for lower levels, 1k cr goes a long way. I think that's one advantage of an artificially depressed red bean exchange: without access to easy credit, credit prices have dropped out. :homebrew:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I was just wondering last night if I should buy credits with my beans but it sounds like that isn't going too well if nobody wants to buy beans. I wasn't aware that there was a hardcoded limit on them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Fina posted:

I was just wondering last night if I should buy credits with my beans but it sounds like that isn't going too well if nobody wants to buy beans. I wasn't aware that there was a hardcoded limit on them.

They will sell, it will just take a while. I put mine up when there was 56,000 buy orders and they sold in ~48 hours. But I got 15,000 credits. That's enough to buy 3 frames with lots left over, compared to the 150 beans buying 1.5 frames straight up.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I updated the OP with a section on how to obtain credits, and the current state of the red bean exchange. Let me know if there is anything else you guys are confused with that could be explained in the OP.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
What's the deal with Air Sprint? It burns energy like crazy but doesn't seem to offer any sort of speed boost.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Fina posted:

What's the deal with Air Sprint? It burns energy like crazy but doesn't seem to offer any sort of speed boost.

I think it's something supposed to be used by assaults more than anyone, along side a dash core. But there is a speed boost. You notice it closer to the ground.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
It was added to solve Air Mobility issues in PvP, namely that you are really slow in the air by default, made shooting anyone jetting a breeze. Was really odd having Jets be a death sentence so Air Sprinting was added which helped somewhat.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Any guides to thumping?
As far as where the best spots are in each zone, etc.?

dereekb
Nov 7, 2010

What do you mean "error"?
Me and a buddy just started this game last night since it looked entertaining. Applied to the goon2 army as dereekb.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

SamEyeAm posted:

Any guides to thumping?
As far as where the best spots are in each zone, etc.?

The best spots are wherever the largest resource vein is. Vein generation is random.

Happy Hammering.

(Thumping is useless now)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dropped a squad thumper so I could get some crystite from the mobs. Full blown Chosen invasion drop in on it. :stonk:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Thats what squad thumpers do.

Use a personal if you don't want chosen piles (read: not playing a recluse or bastion)

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Also I have difficulty with just personals frequently. I get wave after wave of sieger and cant grind them down fast enough.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

poptart_fairy posted:

Dropped a squad thumper so I could get some crystite from the mobs. Full blown Chosen invasion drop in on it. :stonk:

You can hear the chosen drop before it arrives, this should give you enough time to send the thumper off. You need a really boss squad to survive a s3 chosen drop with the thumper entact. Not really soloable.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

You can hear the chosen drop before it arrives, this should give you enough time to send the thumper off. You need a really boss squad to survive a s3 chosen drop with the thumper entact. Not really soloable.

Not since they nerfed the Recluse anyway.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I remember this game having arena PvP back in beta but I can't seem to find it anywhere these days. Did it just suck so hard that they pulled it?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Hobo Siege posted:

I remember this game having arena PvP back in beta but I can't seem to find it anywhere these days. Did it just suck so hard that they pulled it?

Lol long story bro. Rumor has it the old CEO pulled pvp in a fit of rage or something.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Anyone else having trouble logging in?

I was just playing an hour or so ago, now I've re-launched the game and can't connect. The game hangs at "Waiting for Response..." and then drops me back to the login screen. Now I'm trying and I'm getting a "Unable to issue login request" error.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Fina posted:

Anyone else having trouble logging in?

I was just playing an hour or so ago, now I've re-launched the game and can't connect. The game hangs at "Waiting for Response..." and then drops me back to the login screen. Now I'm trying and I'm getting a "Unable to issue login request" error.

Yeah, looks like login servers are down, but the game is still up.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I was logged in, but had to open a Bandit Cave Door for a mission, and it wouldn't open. I assumed it was some instance error, and yeah... couldn't log back in.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yep! I was trying to craft, nothing was happening so i tried restarting the game. I can't log back in. I take it poo poo wen't down?

Edit: Anyway. I like the game. a FPS MMO Never comes out right. Maybe Firefall nails it? So far so good.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 10, 2014

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

Edit: Anyway. I like the game. a FPS MMO Never comes out right. Maybe Firefall nails it?

now if they can just figure out monetization that works and isn't gambling. :confused:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Digital_Jesus posted:

(Thumping is useless now)

Thank god considering it was boring and/or dumb.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Confirmed working as long as you use the Firefallclient.exe and NOT the launcher.exe

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

nelson posted:

Confirmed working as long as you use the Firefallclient.exe and NOT the launcher.exe
Getting between zones will still be tricky, so if you end up doing that the debug console will keep you company.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I played some of my Raptor earlier and the Charge Rifle charge time increase really sucks, but it seems like you no-scope with the weapon now?

If you start shooting without being scoped you'll do poo poo damage, but as soon as you toggle the scope once it will start charging while unscoped. Entering or leaving the scope after that point will reset the charge for whatever reason.

I think once you switch weapons you'll have to toggle scope again for the rifle to start charging again.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

So... since red bean exchange is tanked, and who knows when you'll be able to exchange for credits... and buying frames is fairly expensive with red beans alone... Assuming I don't want to take the $100 plunge, what's the current best way to earn crystite now that Thumping was nerfed to hell since last patch, assuming I want to buy a frame unlock? Is it BWA? Something else? I'm at level 27 atm. It seems the best option is to grind the crystite and convert to credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

ShadowMoo posted:

Was purged from army for some reason.

Yesterday I was going through and doing a purge to try and free up room. We're just about full on both armies now. Goon3 is looking like it might have to become a thing when we get about 20 more assholes. I booted anyone who hadn't played since launch day and one guy who said he was uninstalling. Anyone who comes back just reapplies and gets in again as long as they don't have a blank memo in the app. Believe it or not, we do get non-goon apps so I need to know who's a dick and can get in vs who's not a dick and needs to be kept out.

JonusRockweller posted:

Good lord Red5, I don't think the players value your beans as much as you think they do. That is an awesome hard-coded bottleneck.

At this point it may be better to spend the beans on tokens, gamble with them, and selling the cosmetics / rares.

BeAuMaN posted:

So... since red bean exchange is tanked, and who knows when you'll be able to exchange for credits... and buying frames is fairly expensive with red beans alone... Assuming I don't want to take the $100 plunge, what's the current best way to earn crystite now that Thumping was nerfed to hell since last patch, assuming I want to buy a frame unlock? Is it BWA? Something else? I'm at level 27 atm. It seems the best option is to grind the crystite and convert to credits.

BWA can be soloed at 24 for an easy 6-10k cy per run if you know where all the boxes are, melt the salvage, and like shooting Juggs. You have the option of killing the boss and getting another 2-3k cy and >75k xp or just doing the boxes, not killing the three siphons, and then leaving the zone to redo it again if all you want is the cash.

• Locked thread