Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nutsngum posted:

Its not really dumb but then why not just use a piece of paper and marker where the holes are on it.

Yeah, many of the dumb lifehacks do actually work, but they're still dumb because there usually are significantly better or easier ways of achieving the same result. Like with a paper and pen, as you suggest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Tired of wasting expensive printer ink? Save money by transcribing everything you need copied by hand!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

One weird trick invented by medieval monks!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

My Lovely Horse posted:

"Celibacy"

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nutsngum posted:

"Celibacy"

What, they didn't have goons in caveman times?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Karma Monkey posted:

What, they didn't have goons in caveman times?

They all got eaten by mammoths and wild panthers back then. It was very tragic.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Deltasquid posted:

They all got eaten by mammoths and wild panthers back then. It was very tragic.
Ok, I can believe panthers went into the caves to eat the cavegoons, but not the mammoths. :colbert:

Hey, want diabetes, but it's taking too much time and effort? Here's a great lifehack! It's like a Paula Deen - Sandra Lee collaboration.

And that jar doesn't really look "almost finished," does it?

VVV I was looking at the top.

Karma Monkey has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Aug 9, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

idk, nutella sticks to the sides pretty drat good

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Karma Monkey posted:

Ok, I can believe panthers went into the caves to eat the cavegoons, but not the mammoths. :colbert:

Hey, want diabetes, but it's taking too much time and effort? Here's a great lifehack! It's like a Paula Deen - Sandra Lee collaboration.

"Almost finished" really just depends on how much you can eat in one sitting :unsmigghh:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Karma Monkey posted:

Almost finished with your bag of cheeto's? Just dump some Cool Ranch doritos in there and keep eating you ingenious bastard you.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've never actually had Nutella, is it the faintly hazelnut flavored chocolate spread it looks like?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Pomp posted:

I've never actually had Nutella, is it the faintly hazelnut flavored chocolate spread it looks like?

Yes. It's the internet's new mundane thing to jerk off over after bacon got too played out.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pneub posted:

Yes. It's the internet's new mundane thing to jerk off over after bacon got too played out.

And after that it was sriracha.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Karma Monkey posted:

Ugh, totally thought that was mayonnaise at first. (Also the real life-hack for getting the most out of your Nutella jar is to use a long spoon.)

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

dovetaile posted:

Ugh, totally thought that was mayonnaise at first.

Oh hey, you made me think of other things that look kinda like that. Have a faphack:

Oh, btw, this is very similar to how you make microwave mochi. Guess you could bang that too.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Karma Monkey posted:

Dumping oreos on the floor seems more reasonable than this

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Almost done with your flooreo's? Dump your ice nutella on it poo poo monster.

Edit:

You

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Aug 10, 2014

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Almost done with your flooreo's? Dump your ice nutella on it poo poo monster.

Edit:

You

I've heard of a poo poo-eating grin, but never a poo poo-eating smirk. Until now.

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp

Really? Do we really gotta be this lazy? Making me think of those Goober Stripes PB&J combo jars, which looked just as appetizing and efficient:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's some weapons-grade laziness.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

If only this sandwich had 1000 calories...

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Robot Jelly posted:

Really? Do we really gotta be this lazy? Making me think of those Goober Stripes PB&J combo jars, which looked just as appetizing and efficient:

Pfff, this was already done. They're in the frozen section.

I got coupons for free boxes of these as part of a marketing survey. They're actually not bad, but the expense for a frozen undersized PB&J... just insane.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

quote:

Robot Jelly posted:

I got coupons for free boxes of these as part of a marketing survey. They're actually not bad, but the expense for a frozen undersized PB&J... just insane.

Actually, Uncrustables are really loving good; the strawberry ones anyways. The directions say to let them sit at room temp for an hour before eating, so I usually throw one or two in my bag to take to work, and by the time I'm hungry, they're good to go.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Pneub posted:

Yeah, maybe for you scrub Americans. :smug:
Australia has had Nutella for ever and a half. Even getting a 5kg/11lbs tub is pretty easy to get a hold of. :shrug:
Just think of all the ice-cream you could shovel into one of those ones.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Croccers posted:

Yeah, maybe for you scrub Americans. :smug:
Australia has had Nutella for ever and a half. Even getting a 5kg/11lbs tub is pretty easy to get a hold of. :shrug:

It's been around in the U.S. for like 30 years.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Karma Monkey posted:

That's just embarrassing. What a useless society we've become.

And what the hell kind of name is Uncrustables anyway?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

That's just embarrassing. What a useless society we've become.

And what the hell kind of name is Uncrustables anyway?

It's descriptive because it has no crust. Also, "Goddamn Pathetic" isn't very catchy and would be the name of 90% of the food items on the market if there was truth in advertising.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Pneub posted:

It's been around in the U.S. for like 30 years.
The way the internet carries on about it, it's like a new fresh thing that only those eurotrash scum had before.
But having said that, yeah these are bacon internet meme 2.0 people.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Karma Monkey posted:

It's descriptive because it has no crust. Also, "Goddamn Pathetic" isn't very catchy and would be the name of 90% of the food items on the market if there was truth in advertising.

Heh, you sure showed, uh, food I guess. Take that food.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Pomp posted:

Nutella is frosting. It's about half sugar, and a third fat.

Lifehack: no cake? Spread frosting on toast instead.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
And Americans like my aunt even believe Nutella is a health food because of this incredibly deceptive ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThIrw_LpuRA

There was even a class-action lawsuit about it, but Ferrero (the company that makes Nutella) settled for 3 million.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nutella is pretty bomb-rear end but i don't got to the stupid idiot parts of the internet like you all fuckers apparently do so i don't let dumb weird people ruin my enjoyment of good things

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Dilb posted:

Nutella is frosting. It's about half sugar, and a third fat.

Lifehack: no cake? Spread frosting on toast instead.

I honestly think Nutella isn't all that bad if you spread it really thin and not glob it on like a fat idiot like some people do with mayonnaise or cream cheese.

Lifehack: Using less of a condiment means less calories! Who knew!

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I like Nutella but I eat it like a normal person and it becomes a problem because my father overeats and eats all the Nutella, most of the time straight out of the jar, over the course of 3-4 days. Therefore I can't buy it because he'll go into a diabetic coma.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Did you know that nutella mixed with warm milk is a crappy excuse for and takes 5x the effort to make than chocolate milk?

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

im pooping! posted:

I like Nutella but I eat it like a normal person and it becomes a problem because my father overeats and eats all the Nutella, most of the time straight out of the jar, over the course of 3-4 days. Therefore I can't buy it because he'll go into a diabetic coma.

Lifehack: Let your dad die, he's only holding you back.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Nutella kills orangutans.

Is made with palm oil, which is the number one reason for the destruction of rainforest in Indonesia :smith:

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

pop tarts almost gone? Fill the box with ice cream and then gently caress it?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lifehack: fill syringe with 50cc vodka and shoot that poo poo right into your bloodstream, skip the loving middle man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

For lovely "hacks" there's this:

I've tried this in four different elevators. Never worked.

I did once get the "press your floor and the close door button simultaneously for five seconds" to put the elevator into express mode
For resetting the buttons when some donglord does that, just push the e-stop when the elevator isn't moving, then push the number you want.

Also the express elevator one had a modified execution at the hospital I used to work at, there were ultrasonic sensors in the roof for calling elevators when they moved beds, and when they triggered you also put the elevator in express mode. If you just held your hands under the sensors it worked.