Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

although that's clearly not a piece of the plane they're claiming it to be in the CNN article, the antonov-140 doesn't have a split rudder

edit: or it could just be the tail at an angle with one piece missing

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
2014: The Year of Dead Planes (also passengers)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seriously how come we haven't found this plane yet? How long does it take to search the entire Indian Ocean for a plane? How has nothing surfaced yet. What the gently caress happened?

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seriously how come we haven't found this plane yet? How long does it take to search the entire Indian Ocean for a plane? How has nothing surfaced yet. What the gently caress happened?

The Navy's genetically modified sentient supersoldier dolphin squad died of global warming.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

That and cetacean AIDS

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It went through a vortex back in time, then came out on 9/11.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

did they find the rest of it

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

although that's clearly not a piece of the plane they're claiming it to be in the CNN article, the antonov-140 doesn't have a split rudder

You should check into doing photo analysis for the CIA, you have a real gift

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hofnar posted:

You should check into doing photo analysis for the CIA, you have a real gift

how long were you sitting on that post

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Do you really think there's a good reason to do that? It's a waste of time and money that could be used to help people who are alive instead. Perhaps it'd be okay if it were funded entirely by boeing.

Sneak preview of what we will find out when the plane is finally found: it crashed.

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
its possible given the trajectory of the plane that it continued upward until it escaped the atmosphere

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Lowtax found it in one of his lets plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP_fAhit8sM

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
Planes need to stay in the loving sky IMO. Except to let people on and off.

Safely.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

gnarlyhotep posted:

well if we can't reward our soldiers for shooting things civilians then our military is finished :colbert:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

This is why you rope off wet concrete, people.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

no I think "things" was right

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I was hoping for an update from you!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Summer has come and gone.

Much like this plane.

Still. loving. Gone. Guys.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Chinatown posted:

Summer has come and gone.

Much like this plane.

Still. loving. Gone. Guys.

yep sums'er up pretty much. it really puts a lot of things into perspective, particularly the massive size of this planet and our limitations regarding exploring and being aware of what is deep underwater (the ocean). i also still cant believe that the other incident over Ukraine involved another Malaysian 777 actually happened. if something like a jet fuel plume in the ocean was the key in locating the plane i assume it cant be long (if not already) that such a thing will be too dispersed to use as a key sign of where the plane may have went down...without that they'll never find the thing unless there is major money/effort dedicated towards doing so (i assume the thing probably used all the fuel it had so there prob wasnt much there to begin with).

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

yep sums'er up pretty much. it really puts a lot of things into perspective, particularly the massive size of this planet and our limitations regarding exploring and being aware of what is deep underwater (the ocean). i also still cant believe that the other incident over Ukraine involved another Malaysian 777 actually happened. if something like a jet fuel plume in the ocean was the key in locating the plane i assume it cant be long (if not already) that such a thing will be too dispersed to use as a key sign of where the plane may have went down...without that they'll never find the thing unless there is major money/effort dedicated towards doing so (i assume the thing probably used all the fuel it had so there prob wasnt much there to begin with).

There is no real content in this post, much like last month's plane search findings.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

It would be pretty auspicious if whoever finally finds that airplane finds it sitting right on top of Osama bin Laden's body.

Neatly stacked atop Amelia Earhart.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Randandal posted:

It would be pretty auspicious if whoever finally finds that airplane finds it sitting right on top of Osama bin Laden's body.

Neatly stacked atop Amelia Earhart.

With a note from Atlantis telling us to quit throwing poo poo in their oceans.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

It's okay because it's probably in the middle east in the safe keeping hands of ISIS anyway so we can just stop looking.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Maybe the 777 will wash up on the plastic beach and Gorillaz can release an album about it.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

No. 6 posted:

Maybe the 777 will wash up on the plastic beach and Gorillaz can release an album about it.

I would buy it

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
How u been Chinatown?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

amityville anus posted:

How u been Chinatown?

He's gone, guys (til the next page)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

amityville anus posted:

How u been Chinatown?

Been very busy and enjoying life thank you.

Its still gone guys.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Chinatown posted:

Been very busy and enjoying life thank you.

lucky bastard

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
this is a long thread which i didn't read so there's a chance this has already been posted, but:

There is a contingent in the conspiracy community who believe that these planes are being stolen. Terrorists can no longer board and hijack planes in the old way, so now they have to steal entire planes and are gathering a fleet for the mega-9/11.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
It's 9/12

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Happy 9/12

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
If they do a search for MH30 or whatever it was special you need to host it chinatown.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Quickscope420dad posted:

this is a long thread which i didn't read so there's a chance this has already been posted, but:

There is a contingent in the conspiracy community who believe that these planes are being stolen. Terrorists can no longer board and hijack planes in the old way, so now they have to steal entire planes and are gathering a fleet for the mega-9/11.
I predict someone will claim ISIS did it, because why not

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
They found another missing thing:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29131757

It was only missing for 160 odd years. MH370 is a lightweight in the whole hiding-somewhere-at-the-bottom-of-the-ocean hide and seek game compared to the Franklin, so I'm not giving up hope just yet.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

nockturne posted:

They found another missing thing:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29131757

It was only missing for 160 odd years. MH370 is a lightweight in the whole hiding-somewhere-at-the-bottom-of-the-ocean hide and seek game compared to the Franklin, so I'm not giving up hope just yet.

Benjamin Franklin :eng101:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Quickscope420dad posted:

sounds about right. since they can't board and hijack planes, they's just have to continue boarding and hijacking plans and disappearing them instead of crashing them

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

I would buy it

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Tonight there's a big aurora borealis. Perhaps the plane will return form the land of the Langoliers.

• Locked thread