Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Kitsch! posted:

A drink at my local nerd pub/eatery:

Isn't an alcoholic Shirley Temple just a Shirley Temple Black? Why make it creepy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Coxie
Feb 14, 2008
Snappity snap, aw yeah!

That sure is an Aus/NZ power socket! What am I missing here?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I assume because it looks like a scary face.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Oh Mammy.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

This is the plug we have in Australia and it is the best goddamn plug in the world. :australia:

iPope Touch
Jun 13, 2007

Trust your judgement.

The Coxie posted:

'cos it's racist

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?
GotG Spoilers

magic pantaloons has a new favorite as of 14:37 on Aug 10, 2014

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Huntersoninski posted:

Isn't an alcoholic Shirley Temple just a Shirley Temple Black? Why make it creepy?

Now I know that people call boozy Shirley Temple's names other than Dirty Shirley.

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

Huntersoninski posted:

As a nerd bar, I guess they feel obliged to name their drinks after video game references, internet memes and MLP characters.

If you're curious: http://www.afktavern.com/menus/drink-menu/

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kitsch! posted:

As a nerd bar, I guess they feel obliged to name their drinks after video game references, internet memes and MLP characters.

Say what you will, but I would totally drink there. "Tony Stark's Breakfast of Champions" is hilarious.

New Leaf has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Aug 10, 2014

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I would never go to that place for fear of drinking alongside people who now think its ok to talk about star trek and mlp in public.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Kitsch! posted:

Suddenly my local piss-stained dive bar doesn't seem so bad.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Suddenly my local piss-stained dive bar doesn't seem so bad.

I don't know, I can see this place being either really fun or really awful. Probably depends on who you're drinking with.

Why is there a Pulp Fiction reference hiding on that drink menu? It seems out of place.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

New Leaf posted:

Say what you will, but I would totally drink there. "Tony Star's Breakfast of Champions" is hilarious.

You typoed Tony's Stark's name. :colbert:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sarchasm posted:

I don't know, I can see this place being either really fun or really awful. Probably depends on who you're drinking with.

Why is there a Pulp Fiction reference hiding on that drink menu? It seems out of place.

Because to nerds, reference and comedy is the same thing.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

cubicle gangster posted:

I would never go to that place for fear of drinking alongside people who now think its ok to talk about star trek and mlp in public.

Easy now, let's not start bunching Star Trek with MLP, nobody bangs stuffed Picards and Worfs

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

TheBigAristotle posted:

Easy now, let's not start bunching Star Trek with MLP, nobody bangs stuffed Picards and Worfs

Perusing the internet has taught me that this is probably an overly optimistic, if not completely false, statement.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nah, it's kids for them.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Kitsch! posted:

I am deeply curious about what's in a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster and would probably order one just to find out.

e: Or maybe just ask.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

TheBigAristotle posted:

You're wrong, but at least most people on Star Trek are adult humanoids played by real people and not cartoon horse children.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Kitsch! posted:

This is like ten solid pages of aggressively mediocre cocktails from 1995.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

cubicle gangster posted:

This happened last week.

I am never going out again. My Groceries are now delivered and I tele-commute to work

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Sad lions posted:

Nah, it's kids for them.

:vince:

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Reminds me of an old joke.

What do pedophiles and Star Trek fans have in common? They both like the next generation.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

The Coxie posted:

this is what plugs look like to most people and you could not put that in there

mrkillboy posted:

I assume because it looks like a scary face.

Bears a closer resemblance to the brain eating ameoba

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

karl fungus posted:

Reminds me of an old joke.

What do pedophiles and Star Trek fans have in common? They both like the next generation.

:drat:

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
This week in dubious logo design

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

This week in dubious logo design

They better make the best damned biscuits and gravy.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Rita Repulsa posted:

Most people have plugs with round prongs
http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

You'd think that would warrant a "Notice" instead but some people just looove being dramatic.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pictures.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

What's funny about a new shoal, besides the spelling?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The gently caress? This contraption is branded!? What the hell is it? Why does it exist?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I assume it's a joke and you can stick a sticker on a joke. Also if it was real how would you get the last bite of burger? You'd chip your dang teeth or look silly trying to lick one side hard so it rotates around. Haha I'm laughing just thinking about it.

e: obligatory: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2515277&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post329752541

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 03:11 on Aug 11, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lotish posted:

The gently caress? This contraption is branded!? What the hell is it? Why does it exist?

You know how some jurisdictions say you can't use your cell phone when driving unless you use a handsfree device? Well what about all the other kinds of distracted driving, like putting on makeup or eating? It is only a matter of time before those are outlawed too. So someone needs to get to work on hamburger hands free devices for hungry drivers.

That seems plausible.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Well for some reason all the jurisdictions that ban cell-phone use while driving also tend to allow things like eating and cigarette smoking for some drat reason.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Lotish posted:

Because ad campaigns

'Burger King Debunks Viral Video of Hands-Free Whopper Holder'
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100785179#.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Rita Repulsa posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Wow 17 different types and only Type G doesn't feel like it's going to fall out of the socket at the slightest breeze.

Type L looks cool though, good for you Chile :unsmith:

• Locked thread