Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

towers, because you dont want to push?

Towers also because if you leave your E on your opponent can deliberately walk into spikes to give you tower aggro.
E: Another example is turning off Warwick passive so that you can sneak up on people.

frajaq posted:

How do I stop a Blitz from stealing my blue? :(

You can't. If you are feeling saucy you can run into the hook and try to kill him, but there is really not much you can do about Blitz Buff Pulls except ward up and really hope for the best.

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

my pog boyfriend posted:

Towers also because if you leave your E on your opponent can deliberately walk into spikes to give you tower aggro.

yeah thats what i meant. when he a good champ i remember doing this a lot

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

my pog boyfriend posted:

You can't. If you are feeling saucy you can run into the hook and try to kill him, but there is really not much you can do about Blitz Buff Pulls except ward up and really hope for the best.

There's a few ways, if you have the right champs. Most of them start with having a ward pre-placed to know when he starts the Q. Sivir's spellshield, Support Morg's Black Shield are 2 easier ways. I also saw a video of a support Thresh start his Q onto his own blue buff when he saw Blitz start his Q, and after Thresh got pulled, he finished his Q and got pulled back to the original blue. It was a pretty awesome/creative way to counter the Blitz blue steal.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Wizpig seems to have major mana issues

I missed the actual match that was linked and don't want to dig through giant archives (unless someone has a time stamp), but from what I've seen of Mageuani, her laning pretty much seems to be just getting beat up for 15 minutes and then ??? happens and the person playing her just wins because they're a better player than everyone else in their games.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You know, buying wraith or lizard on a power farm mid like orianna or zed doesn't really sound like a bad idea. Conservation would line up pretty neatly with taking your/their wraiths on cool down.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

NTT posted:

You know, buying wraith or lizard on a power farm mid like orianna or zed doesn't really sound like a bad idea. Conservation would line up pretty neatly with taking your/their wraiths on cool down.

Slot efficiency though? I dunno.

Morde would be a good candidate if anyone. And Malzahar.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
What about slot efficiency? 80 ap, 10cdr, sustain from jungle camps, and you kill dazza/bazza 30% faster.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NTT posted:

Roccat's Overpow did this once in an EU LCS match on Ziggs with the Spectral Wraith. Lolpro did an article with the math at the end and found that he did actually make it "worth" but it's kind of a dick thing to do to your jungler.
http://www.lolpro.com/articles/the-analysis-corner/1783-the-analysis-corner-roccat-overpows-ziggs-spectral

Specifically because this is the number of camps he took during the game:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's not really a dick move because even if your jungler was farming all game and cleared as fast as possible there would still be significant periods of time where camps would be up. Clearing a wave > wraiths > clearing a wave > their wraiths has 0 down time and you are supplementing your jungler' camps with theirs. Your argument doesn't account for taking deeper enemy camps later as well.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NTT posted:

It's not really a dick move because even if your jungler was farming all game and cleared as fast as possible there would still be significant periods of time where camps would be up. Clearing a wave > wraiths > clearing a wave > their wraiths has 0 down time and you are supplementing your jungler' camps with theirs. Your argument doesn't account for taking deeper enemy camps later as well.

Have you seen Udyr? Guy literally can't find enough camps to kill.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
"Dragon Camp"

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NTT is "Trick2g" in-game, the Udyr main.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Darth Windu posted:

"Dragon Camp"

please don't be so homophobic towards the monsters on summoners rift

thank you

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

It's also not a dick move at all because it's, you know, a pro game where they presumably decided to use the strategy beforehand. I'd be pretty skeptical about someone trying it in soloqueue.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

NTT posted:

Someone doesn't want to let Blue Ezreal go :v:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Colonel Squish posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NTT is "Trick2g" in-game, the Udyr main.

Nope

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just think of jungle camp poaching as something that happens when you are behind as a laner or the game is stalled because you can't press an advantage. It's definitely not something you should build your strategic mindset around going into the game. Especially not as a solo queue game. Also the dude who ran it in Roccat never tried it again after that one game AFAIK.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

I just think of jungle camp poaching as something that happens when you are behind as a laner or the game is stalled because you can't press an advantage. It's definitely not something you should build your strategic mindset around going into the game. Especially not as a solo queue game. Also the dude who ran it in Roccat never tried it again after that one game AFAIK.

If you could clear the wraith camp fast enough such that it gives you significantly more HP than you started with and comparable mana I could see it be a really nice form of sustain, but I don't think it's a good enough idea that I would actually use it in any of my games. As a jungler I have more than enough trouble dealing with conservation, I can't imagine the burden of having 2 people trying to deal with conservation.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Thanks mouse. It was really awesome how you just stopped working mid-match and required me to reboot my computer.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Such a stroke of luck (skill obv)..my team had a duo, one of which was a bronze 4 olaf in his series. I saw this and freaked out and for good reason..dudes kda is 10/10/5. So anyways..sure as poo poo by 6 minutes he's fed 3 kills to top Darius. I went top a few times on Morg to try and help him. At some point Darius afk/dced for the rest of the game..in which case our Khazix started snowballing and we pushed bot to their inhib within like 5-10 minutes. Then mid inhib..and we won really early. We were on the track to losing and snowballed and carried this Olaf so hard. He ended game at like 1/9 or something silly. Oh well..it all worked out!

Friends: Don't duo queue low elo people including me it is bound to gently caress with everyone's LP end of game unless enemy darius quits in which case gg.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
I've been considering picking up Rengar for my next champ and since it seems like he can both jungle and top lane which gives him some versatility. What's the current goon consensus on him? It seems from games I've played he's a guy who can often be quite bullshit in his current state with how he can leap out and pretty much 100-0 a large amount of champs in the blink of an eye. Especially if he gets a bit of a lead early on. I've actually never played him since his release so I have no familiarity with him either from his old days of being ridiculously overpowered to when he was basically worthless to now where I'm not sure how he stands.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lilspooky posted:

I've been considering picking up Rengar for my next champ and since it seems like he can both jungle and top lane which gives him some versatility. What's the current goon consensus on him? It seems from games I've played he's a guy who can often be quite bullshit in his current state with how he can leap out and pretty much 100-0 a large amount of champs in the blink of an eye. Especially if he gets a bit of a lead early on. I've actually never played him since his release so I have no familiarity with him either from his old days of being ridiculously overpowered to when he was basically worthless to now where I'm not sure how he stands.

He's pretty good at the moment.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

chumbler posted:

I missed the actual match that was linked and don't want to dig through giant archives (unless someone has a time stamp), but from what I've seen of Mageuani, her laning pretty much seems to be just getting beat up for 15 minutes and then ??? happens and the person playing her just wins because they're a better player than everyone else in their games.

Seemed to trade pretty evenly with Fizz with W-E and could wave clear pretty well. Only dying to a Lee Sin gank who flashed for it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

I would die happy if I never saw an Udyr on my team again.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lilspooky posted:

I try to keep him more or less permabanned because what he does to adcs is just disgusting.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I don't think I've ever felt so helpless in this game as when your internet decides that, no, you're not going to win this and chokes your bandwith so that you're forced to play at 1,000 ping for the rest of your game. I don't even have any loving options for internet providers. I didn't want to climb out of bronze ever anyway.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Libertine posted:

There are a few champions that actually benefit greatly from eating camps just because they can do it so blindingly fast. Malzahar comes to mind. It's balls easy to kill mid tower incredibly early then power farm a few jungle camps until nothing can get near you without dying instantly. Part of the reason it's a good strategy is that it's really hard to prevent you from doing it and champs like Malz chew through camps so quickly it's barely slowing you down elsewhere. This is especially true of wraiths. They're like...right there and he can wreck the whole camp in seconds. It can be a very good idea for Malz to shove the lane up to the second tower after he's killed the first then eat some wraiths on the way to roam somewhere.

It really depends on how fast the champ in question can clear the camps, who your jungler is, and what you plan on doing otherwise. Even so, in the case of Malzahar I'm probably going to farm the poo poo out of wraiths if my jungler isn't Udyr.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Every champ benefits, but only a few can sustain the spell usage/have the kit to do it.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mercedes posted:

I don't think I've ever felt so helpless in this game as when your internet decides that, no, you're not going to win this and chokes your bandwith so that you're forced to play at 1,000 ping for the rest of your game. I don't even have any loving options for internet providers. I didn't want to climb out of bronze ever anyway.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Gotta say, one thing that frustrates me when playing at d1 is when people try to play super fancy. Watching too much OGN or something.

Stick to your fundamentals guys. Just outcs/outlane them and 99% of the time that is enough to catch a win.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I've independently permanently Dc'd (ie not a server crash or drop hack) from two matches total in like my three years of playing the game. There are many steps people can take to not play this game on a tin can string connected to a toaster oven, but they all require money and I suppose this is technically F2P.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Libertine posted:

I've independently permanently Dc'd (ie not a server crash or drop hack) from two matches total in like my three years of playing the game. There are many steps people can take to not play this game on a tin can string connected to a toaster oven, but they all require money and I suppose this is technically F2P.

It depends on where you live. I have a really good computer, but because I live in the middle of nowhere I have a connection that will spike horribly apropos of nothing. There aren't any other connection options here, either, so short of moving I just have to deal with my connection sometimes deciding that, no, I don't get to do anything for the next ten seconds.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Speaking of bad Internet connections I have tried to setup one of those tunnel programs (ping zapper) or a VPN service as an alternative to routing through my ISP (Verizon fios) but I'm never able to load into the game after champion select. The error is always my firewall is blocking the game. Is this a port forwarding issue? Has anyone else successfully used a VPN or other service with league?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Mercedes posted:

I don't think I've ever felt so helpless in this game as when your internet decides that, no, you're not going to win this and chokes your bandwith so that you're forced to play at 1,000 ping for the rest of your game.

You clearly haven't tried playing Rumble lately :shepicide:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

NTT posted:

Every champ benefits, but only a few can sustain the spell usage/have the kit to do it.

For a lot of champs the clear is so slow they pay a massive opportunity cost or get too beat up in the process. Malzahar has neither of those problems.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You don't have to convince me, I'm advocating it! :shepface:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

Speaking of bad Internet connections I have tried to setup one of those tunnel programs (ping zapper) or a VPN service as an alternative to routing through my ISP (Verizon fios) but I'm never able to load into the game after champion select. The error is always my firewall is blocking the game. Is this a port forwarding issue? Has anyone else successfully used a VPN or other service with league?

Well, are your ports forwarded properly?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I was just watching imaqtpie stream his duo queue with Kiwi. They just ran a Quinn ADC/ Poppy support botlane and won. :stare:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

I was just watching imaqtpie stream his duo queue with Kiwi. They just ran a Quinn ADC/ Poppy support botlane and won. :stare:

Well, yeah, it's two LCS players that happen to have noted amazing synergy due to playing with each other almost every single day and training to ensure that they are able to read each other's movements. It doesn't really seem too outlandish that they could pull something like that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Why is that surprising?

• Locked thread