Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Majorian posted:

I just got married.:3:

Congrats :)

Shouldn't you be plowing your wife (or husband i dunno) right about now though? Get off the internet and into your partner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Majorian posted:

Congratulations!

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Majorian posted:

yay! :yayclod:

Hedera Helix posted:

Congratulations!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

jrodefeld is making awesome posts as usual. he seems to have the callous indifference of a qalnor type, but he makes obsessive posts that invariably miss the point like some of the better creationists we've had.

Link some?

Also obvs grats majorian.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Shouldn't you be plowing your wife (or husband i dunno) right about now though? Get off the internet and into your partner.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

I miss my 1st gen Mazda 3 hatchback. Moved my entire apt cross country in it. The back was riding worringly low, it was fun

(not mine)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

jrodefeld is making awesome posts as usual. he seems to have the callous indifference of a qalnor type, but he makes obsessive posts that invariably miss the point like some of the better creationists we've had.

I imagine someone in an expensive tailored suit swirling a glass of cognac in front of a fireplace while reading this.

Also:

ReidRansom posted:

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Speaking of weird posters I've been wondering for a while whatever happened to karlpolanyi/quind

is he on the "other forum?"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Majorian posted:

Congratulations.

Also, I remember some idiot on FOX say something like, "How do you look at a mans hairy rear end and think 'Love'?"

That was hilarious.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012

R. Mute posted:

wrt him being banned from the IP thread: does GuyinCognito have like a history or something? he's bad, but probably not even the worst poster in that thread

He was Babychoom from the Eastern European thread if you read that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I miss the days when everything I owned fit in a car.

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

I'm reminded of one of my favourite World of Warcraft memories. My guildmate announced he was going to propose to his girlfriend (who was also a guildie), logged off, and logged back an hour later saying, "She said yes. Anyone up for daily heroic?"

Three years later, they're married with two kids and living in poverty because substitute teachers get paid very poorly in Iowa. But at least they unsubscribed. :unsmith:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

It's a chance to look into the mind of the densest person alive. I'm not sure whether or not I appreciate it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Human black holes are worthy of scientific study.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Braking Gnus posted:

He was Babychoom from the Eastern European thread if you read that.

I believe that was BabyChoom trying to ruin his reputation. Someone who I am willing to say was a mod, said they checked the IPs and it was not.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

You know what the funniest show on television is? "Ancient Aliens" on History - that's some hilarious poo poo. :haw:

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Was that the one that had an episode about how the Apollo 11 astronauts were all Freemasons and performed an ancient Egyptian ritual which made the entire Moon eternally property of the global Masonic shadow-government or was that another show on History Channel with Giorgio Tsoukalos talking about aliens?

made of bees fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 10, 2014

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

made of bees posted:

Was that the one that had an episode about how the Apollo 11 astronauts were all Freemasons and performed an ancient Egyptian ritual which made the entire Moon eternally property of the global Masonic shadow-government or was that another show on History Channel with Giorgio Tsoukalos talking about aliens?

Wait what? Will people pay for this sort of thing? Like can I make money coming up with half assed conspiracy theories?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

made of bees posted:

Sounds like it could very well be "Ancient Aliens"; it's the embodiment of :tinfoil:.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

DemeaninDemon posted:

Wait what? Will people pay for this sort of thing? Like can I make money coming up with half assed conspiracy theories?

Yeah, I'm kinda jealous too.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Ancient Aliens" update: a quite-serious discussion about Merlin being an alien/demon.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

euphronius posted:

I miss the days when everything I owned fit in a car.

Those days can return again. Buy a conversion van!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
You're all very kind, and I'm very hungover.:keke:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ThirdPartyView posted:

"Ancient Aliens" update: a quite-serious discussion about Merlin being an alien/demon.

Also the plot to every Merlin story in like the last 50 years.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

Also the plot to every Merlin story in like the last 50 years.

They just finished :downswords: about Moses and Pharaoh being puppets for two different groups of aliens that were having a West Side Story-style gang fight.

Edit: Apparently Babylon 5 is God, based on the CGI re-enactment of the alien mothership.

Horseshoe theory fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 10, 2014

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Shakespeare was influenced by the same aliens into writing Romeo and Juliet.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012

Warcabbit posted:

I believe that was BabyChoom trying to ruin his reputation. Someone who I am willing to say was a mod, said they checked the IPs and it was not.

Yeah? My bad, I had thought it was confirmed through a post of GuyinCognito's himself.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
They should go deeper. Which aliens are behind those aliens? I mean they couldn't have done those things by themselves.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Haha I have a Dodge Journey. It's relatively cheap and practical.

It's got loads of room for a compact SUV and I got the four banger.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

ThirdPartyView posted:

They just finished :downswords: about Moses and Pharaoh being puppets for two different groups of aliens that were having a West Side Story-style gang fight.

Edit: Apparently Babylon 5 is God, based on the CGI re-enactment of the alien mothership.

Wait, they cribbed Babylon 5 footage for Ancient Aliens?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Blindeye posted:

Wait, they cribbed Babylon 5 footage for Ancient Aliens?

Nah, it was a CGI thing of a starship that just happened to look like Babylon 5 with a superlaser on the tip firing on Earth.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Carchat: knew a guy in the navy, traded for some F-16 landing lights. Best brights I've ever used until a cop broke 'em out

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Why do non-parasitic insects think it's a good idea to hang out around/on larger animals? Why have millions of years of evolution not made them instinctively avoid warm, pulsating masses of flesh? Surely enough them have been eaten or squashed over the aeons to select for that.

I am angry at stupid bugs.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

made of bees posted:

Why do non-parasitic insects think it's a good idea to hang out around/on larger animals? Why have millions of years of evolution not made them instinctively avoid warm, pulsating masses of flesh? Surely enough them have been eaten or squashed over the aeons to select for that.

Do you have spiders, or something else, following you?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

made of bees posted:

Sometimes the big mass of flesh goes bye bye and they have food for a year.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Another "Ancient Aliens" update: apparently they personally intervened in the War of 1812 to save Washington D.C. (and America)! :patriot: :cthulhu:

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

ThirdPartyView posted:

Another "Ancient Aliens" update: apparently they personally intervened in the War of 1812 to save Washington D.C. (and America)! :patriot: :cthulhu:

Were they the ones who really burned down the white house?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Belgian posted:

Were they the ones who really burned down the white house?
*a group of canadians furiously starts typing*

in other news, i just reported a poster for the first time. i feel dirty, but some posters just shouldn't exist

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i'm watching snowpiercer and lol this is so heavy handed. personally, i can't identify the villains unless they're stealing babies, dealing out arbitrary punishments, literally drinking blood, actually wearing jackboots.

i bet the people who raved about this were the same ones that loved v for vendetta

but maybe it'll improve???

e: ohmy god they literally have a hodor-esque brute hahaha

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Majorian posted:

You're all very kind, and I'm very hungover.:keke:

Hmm, half of this rings true about posting in D&D.

• Locked thread