Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

theminx posted:

Join the Force?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

njsykora posted:

Not a shop, Jarrett is apparently going to be at the G1 finals.

Yeah I don't know why everyone was surprised, this was announced during the last NJPW PPV when the ROH deal was announced too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wasn't that one of the pics we sent to him over twitter?

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Have you Join the Force, it's delicious:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

http://globalforcewrestling.com/wwp/

Global Force Wrestling posted:

GFW INKS PARTNERSHIP WITH SOUTH AFRICAN PROMOTION

NASHVILLE – Continuing to extend its reach, Global Force Wrestling has reached an agreement with yet another international partner.

Following partnerships with top promotions in Mexico, Japan and throughout Europe, GFW’s newest partnership is with World Wrestling Professionals out of South Africa, the biggest federation in the Southern Hemisphere. WWP puts on shows throughout Africa and India and has run TV shows in South Africa and India.

“I have spent a significant amount of time wrestling in India, so I know there is a passion for it there,” Jarrett said. “There’s potential to reach a huge audience in that part of the world, and we hope to tap into that in any way that we can. Our fans might be surprised at the talent WWP already has, as well.”

One of WWP’s biggest annual events will take place in South African in September.

“Jeff Jarrett is well known to fans in the Southern Hemisphere, so the opportunity to work with him and Global Force Wrestling is great for us,” said Mark Beale, the owner/promoter of WWP. “We certainly can see the potential for mutual benefit.”

GFW has announced partnership with Mexico’s AAA, New Japan Pro Wrestling and top promotions in the United Kingdom, Germany and Ireland.

#JointheForce

https://www.globalforcewrestling.com

Among the amazing talent Jarrett will have access to thanks to this agreement? Why, former TNA star Joe E. Legend!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

http://globalforcewrestling.com/wwp/

Among the amazing talent Jarrett will have access to thanks to this agreement? Why, former TNA star Joe E. Legend!

turkish wrestling icon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I found JJ's money mark.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

oatgan posted:

turkish wrestling icon
I say Turkish wrestling rules!

Looks like it's time to oil up

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

MassRafTer posted:

I found JJ's money mark.

Holy poo poo

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
He's aligned with the biggest wrestling promotion in South African, y'all. Vince is sweating it I'm sure.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
ugh I just heard about that. I don't want to muck up the NJPW thread because I didn't watch G1 yet, but this is sort of upsetting (in that I hope NJPW isn't partnering up with this company that doesn't exist yet instead of ROH).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Well, Jarrett has also joined New Japan's top heel stable, so it's pretty much a certainty now.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

These photoshops are getting pretty convincing!!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

These photoshops are getting pretty convincing!!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What is this from? I gather there was some NJPW event with this on a screen, but whaaaaat?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

What is this from? I gather there was some NJPW event with this on a screen, but whaaaaat?

From yesterday's G1 Climax finale. They're partnering up, and also now Jarrett's in Bullet Club

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

<3

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

From yesterday's G1 Climax finale. They're partnering up, and also now Jarrett's in Bullet Club

Am I nuts for feeling like this is the only legit piece of news as far as #JoiningTheForce so far, but that it is in fact something?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

As long as Russo doesn't get involved, GFW could do a good bit as a regional indie with national television. Be like a showcase or something.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I nuts for feeling like this is the only legit piece of news as far as #JoiningTheForce so far, but that it is in fact something?

when jeff jarrett hires a wrestler other than himself it's something. Until that moment this is just a one-man invasion

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oatgan posted:

when jeff jarrett hires a wrestler other than himself it's something. Until that moment this is just a one-man invasion

scott d'amore

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

MRT is getting pretty good at this stuff

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ChampRamp posted:

MRT is getting pretty good at this stuff

If you look closely you can see it's just Jarrett putting his coat on reversed with AJ hugging someone else cut out and pasted over him

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I take it AJ is cool with Jarrett.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I hope it means the return of RKK's Wealthy Businessman Jeff Jarrett!

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
RKK didn't such.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

BillyMays posted:

Jarrett never hosed him over, that was Dixie's crew. Double J has had pretty much nothing to do with TNA for a while, even though he still has some sort of ownership stake in the company I think?

As far as I know JJ and AJ are BFFs

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BillyMays posted:

JJ gave AJ a job when WWE didn't pick him up.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

JJ gave AJ a job when WWE didn't pick him up.

What was WWE's reasoning for that, anyway? Size?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DJExile posted:

What was WWE's reasoning for that, anyway? Size?

I'd assume a combination of size, his southern accent, his style of wrestling.

WWE was not nearly as workrate oriented at that time, and AJ wasn't one of the best wrestlers in the world at that time either. He barely even had any matches in WCW and WWF was busy sorting through the huge roster of dudes that actually had some recognition.

I don't blame WWE for passing on AJ at that time, but I do blame them for not snapping him up before he went off to NJPW recently.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

triplexpac posted:

I'd assume a combination of size, his southern accent, his style of wrestling.

WWE was not nearly as workrate oriented at that time, and AJ wasn't one of the best wrestlers in the world at that time either. He barely even had any matches in WCW and WWF was busy sorting through the huge roster of dudes that actually had some recognition.

I don't blame WWE for passing on AJ at that time, but I do blame them for not snapping him up before he went off to NJPW recently.

They already had a Southern accented spot monkey, Jamie Noble!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

They already had a Southern accented spot monkey, Jamie Noble!

I would actually completely buy that excuse, since they passed on one of the best high flyers in the world this year because "they have enough".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't AJ refuse to go to developmental?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't AJ refuse to go to developmental?

I think the story he told was that his wife had to teach in Georgia, so he wasn't willing to live in Ohio while also making way less money than he could make otherwise.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Great White Hope posted:

I think the story he told was that his wife had to teach in Georgia, so he wasn't willing to live in Ohio while also making way less money than he could make otherwise.

Which makes sense, but it makes the whole "WWE wasn't interested" thing horseshit. They were interested, just on their terms. I can't imagine there are many Indy guys WWE would break the bank for.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Which makes sense, but it makes the whole "WWE wasn't interested" thing horseshit. They were interested, just on their terms. I can't imagine there are many Indy guys WWE would break the bank for.

Being unwilling to offer someone a salary that they can take care of their family on and not being interested are basically the same thing, and AJ was a WCW employee at the time whose contract WWF didn't take on, not an indy guy.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 11, 2014

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh my loving god this is perfect and so beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They wanted to offer him some pitiful amount to move his family across the country for no guaranteed shot.

Why they didn't make an offer after his TNA contract ran out is anyone's guess.

• Locked thread