Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

37th Chamber posted:

My only beef with Nosgoth is that you're forced to play humans, vampires are way more fun :colbert:

I thought you could choose your side???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I thought you could choose your side???

A full game is you playing one round of vampires and one round as humans. The TOTAL kills for both rounds are added up at the end of the match to decide the victor. Who you start off as is random. Personally I like it, but I can see how others wouldn't. All four humans play pretty drastically differently, as do all four vampires. I think both are fun, and sometimes it can be fun to get your rear end kicked as a human and then come back full loving force as a vampire and just utterly dominate them. But I've seen matches go both ways.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

For an asymmetrical game, that's really the only way for it to be fair. Let each team have a shot at being both attackers and defenders. Ghost Recon: Phantoms does the same as standard - you play one round on either side, and your total victory points are tallied over both.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

37th Chamber posted:

My only beef with Nosgoth is that you're forced to play humans, vampires are way more fun :colbert:

Mine is the fact that they chose to do a free weekend before they've even sorted out the party system so you can play with friends. Me and a Steam friend were trying to play together the other day and we just couldn't do it, nor did the party thing seem to work. We ended up playing separately for a few rounds, which were fun rounds (for me at least) but we kinda gave up because we didn't even get to play on the same server, let alone the same team.

It's a nice multiplayer combat game though, sort of in the vein of Loadout but with vampires.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
According to SteamDB, the recent beta client update stealthily added some new app types...

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

The Kins posted:

According to SteamDB, the recent beta client update stealthily added some new app types...

The sooner all the soundtrack DLC gets converted to a sensible way to distribute music, the better.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Kins posted:

Get ready for the movie and TV section to get clogged with Early Access flash videos

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

The Kins posted:

Finally, been waiting for a good way to buy films/tv-series digitally and I'm not a fan of iTunes.

Hopefully they'll release a bunch of old B-movies, don't really like that Hollywood stuff.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rifftrax really needs to be on Steam.

Sosiz
Nov 8, 2009
So does this mean Steam gets filled with movies like Sharknado and the like?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

John Murdoch posted:

Assuming you're talking about gold, the store pretty much lies to you. The listed price is for renting unlocks for a limited time; permanent unlocks are thousands of gold. I guess on the one hand it lets you try stuff out before committing to it, but on the other hand it just makes me think back to the shittier iterations of Gunbound.

And IME the netcode (or maybe just vampire melee hit detection) is actually pretty iffy at times.

It's still really, really good though. Assuming you don't get stuck with uneven teams. Or people who have no clue what the gently caress they're doing and have no capacity to learn from their mistakes. Not that I'm still mad.

Oh, that sucks then. The Vampire hit detection was weird, yeah, but I had way better results with the human weapons.

As an aside, Ghost Recon Phantoms also was incredible in that regard. I could kill targets that just appeared and it didn't FEEL like I had any lag - which is something my 249ms would like to argue. After coming from constant desynchronizations in Path of Exile some hours before, this was pretty surprising.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Sosiz posted:

So does this mean Steam gets filled with movies like Sharknado and the like?

We can only hope! :pray:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kamrat posted:

We can only hope! :pray:
Steam already had Indie Game: The Movie. After this things can only get better.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Kins posted:

I can't wait to update Java through Steam.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

computer parts posted:

I can't wait to update Java through Steam.

On that note, how long now until Valve releases its own web browser with Steam integration?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
How to party in Nosgoth:

1) Both players need to be at the screen that appears after hitting PLAY at the top.
2) Each player spams invites until one works
3) If it doesn't work, try restarting your game. Eventually it will work.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone else think Unturned is actually fun like I do?

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Started playing Asteria and am kind of meh on it early on. Have already run into a bug where the first boss won't spawn despite being in its room and having its life bar appear and music playing. That's not really the problem though. I've never been a big fan of sandbox, crafting games but picked this up because reviews of it implied it had more platformer/Metroid elements than most games of this ilk, but I haven't really found that to be the case. The overworld is incredibly boring and traversing it basically means shooting down until you find a warp point and dealing with a ton of dark areas. The few non-randomly-generated dungeons have been underwhelming too, not a great sense of atmosphere so far.

What I'm asking is that does the overall gameplay and design ever get much better as I upgrade items and get further in or is this more of a game where I'm supposed to find a lot of joy in crafting weapons and armor that are marginally better than the previous weapons and armor I crafted? Not a big crafting guy so this may be why I'm not quite feeling it so far.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 10, 2014

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
What game is this?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Yeah, I get we like pictures, but at least also say what it's from.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh, sorry! It is Obscure 2: The Aftermath. It's ten bucks.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think you may have been had.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Kool - the sequel to Lara Croft: Guardian of Light is up now:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/289690/

They have a 4 pack option as well.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I will say this about Obscure 2: it contains a rape. Other than that it's pretty ok!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I finally beat the first world of volgarr! :yayclod:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Awesome! posted:

I finally beat the first world of volgarr! :yayclod:

:unsmigghh:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

Oh, sorry! It is Obscure 2: The Aftermath. It's ten bucks.
The game may be poo poo, but its soundtrack is cool.

The composer also did the crappy Alone in the Dark reboot. Dude needs to work on actual good games.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 10, 2014

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kragger99 posted:

Kool - the sequel to Lara Croft: Guardian of Light is up now:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/289690/

They have a 4 pack option as well.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. 4-pack price drops it to $15 a piece. Not a bad deal if it's even half as good as the first one.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

The game may be poo poo, but its soundtrack is cool.

The composer also did the crappy Alone in the Dark reboot. Dude needs to work on actual good games.

That's because the same developer made the crappy Alone in the Dark reboot as Obscure 1 and 2.

Also, so far it has been poo poo in a very baffling and amusing way, but I guess there's still time for it to piss me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYWZOHBVFY

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's because the same developer made the crappy Alone in the Dark reboot as Obscure 1 and 2.

Also, so far it has been poo poo in a very baffling and amusing way, but I guess there's still time for it to piss me off

I'm not sure what's going on in that video

Orv
May 4, 2011

This is what you get. You could have just not bought RE1, could have said it was poo poo, and yet here we are.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I've always heard the first Obscure was a decent enough game, but I've been waiting for it to go on sale.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

I've always heard the first Obscure was a decent enough game, but I've been waiting for it to go on sale.

Obscure 1 is great. It also has permadeath for the characters, but that's ok because you can win as long as at least one person is still alive. I finished it as a lone survivor track star guy, running around alone with his shotgun because everybody else was dead.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I'm not claustrophobic but holy crap that camera.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do localized Steam outages happen? I can't log onto Steam on the US East Coast while a friend of mine is playing fine on the US West Coast. IsSteamDown is saying that it is down. I can log into the store through my browser but it's in Norwegian(?!)

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

http://steamstat.us/ says 49 of 54 US servers are online.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I haven't been able to log in tonight.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do localized Steam outages happen? I can't log onto Steam on the US East Coast while a friend of mine is playing fine on the US West Coast. IsSteamDown is saying that it is down. I can log into the store through my browser but it's in Norwegian(?!)
Click the thing on the very most upper right of the page, switch to English. This is a thing that Steam does sometimes.

e: login now works

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 10, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Gamersgate has all your good old Dungeons & Dragons computer game titles in one (and Temple of Elemental Evil, which isn't good) for the low low price of $3.99. Does anyone know how the pack is handled? It says it's a 10 gig download, so I guess it's all the games in one file? Do they run alright? Can you still apply the BG1 and 2 fix to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Gamersgate has all your good old Dungeons & Dragons computer game titles in one (and Temple of Elemental Evil, which isn't good)

ToEE is very good now. It just took about a decade of fan-patching to get there.

There's also no reason not to get the 'new content' version of that mod, because almost all of it is post-story expansion content (a whole city of it, even), and doesn't mess with the core game at all.

Edit: Oh yeah, Keep On The Borderlands (a whole new ToEE campaign) was released while I was on vacation in America, too. That might be worth checking out.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 10, 2014

• Locked thread