Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also, was it your choice to have both females with bare midriffs, or theirs?
Does it matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Why are they all halflings?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Lord Frisk posted:

It's because halflings are the best race.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyre all adorable! And remind me of maplestory.

Veyrall posted:

Does it matter?

I think people are so tired of seeing cheesecake that they start to get exasperated at anything.

(this might include me sometimes.)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 10, 2014

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Theyre all adorable!

This, I really like the style of them, especially the Dragonborn(?) and the elf and her wolf :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't usually care one way or the other about Halflings but Betty kind of rules.

Speaking of Rat Queens: new D&D artwork has been inspired by Violet too:

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Huszsersvn posted:

Would you care to introduce them? I'd like to know more, especially about the sous-chef. What's his deal?

The game we play is in a setting based on the game Monster Hunter. The chef is the party's sword-wizard who has a passion for quality cuisine. So usually after we kill a monster, he turns it into a gourmet dish. after we killed about a couple hundred jaggies, he turned them into burgs and organized a town wide cookout. cool dude

the other ones:
The dude in the gold is our psychic healer dude. big psychic hammer, tends to see most problems as nails.
The dragon born is our resident tough guy assassin, also a ninja.
Blue dude is a cat-otter thing, kinda a pirate. the stop-having-fun guy of the group.
The elf with the wolf is a magic-y archer person. good at watching our backs and advising against our... more ill advised methods.
The chick with the big sword is my new pc, a haughty barbarian with a passion for food, jewelry, and wrecking poo poo.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also, was it your choice to have both females with bare midriffs, or theirs?

Half and half. The elf was designed by her player an I just went with what she drew. However the half-orc with the BFS is all me. I will admit the designs look pretty cheesecake. It's a bad habit I'm trying to lean away from or at least be more aware of.

In that spirit here are some more modestly dressed rear end-kicking ladies

Lord Frisk posted:

What do you have against haflings? :colbert:

OmanyteJackson fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 10, 2014

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

OmanyteJackson posted:

What do you have against haflings? :colbert:

They're only half as good as full sized characters.

Honestly, I was wondering why they're all half scale. They look cool, and I'm not attacking your art or anything, just wondering why you made the choice to have them scaled down.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord Frisk posted:

Honestly, I was wondering why they're all half scale. They look cool, and I'm not attacking your art or anything, just wondering why you made the choice to have them scaled down.

Yeah, I get ya. I made them mini partly for cuteness, partly for laziness. It's way easier to cram details on a tiny character.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Lord Frisk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyu2jAD6sdo

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

OmanyteJackson posted:

A week ago I drew all the party members of my groups 4e campaign.

Wanted to say these are really cute and I love them :3: Also I like the idea of a Monster Hunter themed game, might have to steal that one.

And I just realised that I commissioned a groupshot of my DnD party from an old campaign but never posted it, picture from Captain Fargle.

Going from left to right character wise.

Koi Karp the Carp Man Priest: The character turned up for one session late in the campaign before the player fell out with two of our other players and never talking with us again, previously the guy played a female Elf paladin whose name I can't quite remember.
Buttercup the Orc Slayer: My character, an anarchist Orc grave digger who orginally joined the group to avenge his slaughtered uncle who may or may not have even been related to him. Quickly realised that he made more money adventurer/being a fairly petty criminal. Has a masters degree in astral plane travel. Can run seventy feet in the span of six seconds.
Arcturus Icebringer the Warforged Warden: Joined fairly late into the campaign, giant warforged construct made out of ice. Good at digging, like REALLY good at digging. Like digging out the foundations of an elven encampment. Took everything literally, which lead to him pickling a Dwarf.
Billy Rottern the Dwarf Revenant Ranger: Said pickled Dwarf. Resurrected servant of The Raven Queen, mostly served her by drinking and turning our enemies into pincushions. May have lead Buttercup down the road of petty crime. Renowned marathon distance runner (may have been chased by furious water elementals at the time).
Optima Prima the Deva Warforged Avenger: A Deva who believes he's a Warforged, led to some awkward moments once Arcturus joined the party. Devoted follower of Bahamut, voice of reason in the party. Had a magic Scimtar which defied his every will to actually hit something.
Raziel the Drow Mummy Rogue: Another late addition to the campaign. Totally a Mummy. Why would you think otherwise? Had a habit of collect varying pieces of defeated foes. He'll ask you to smell his bag. Don't. Managed to outdrink the Orc, Dwarf, and Fred the pie loving Hill Giant. Earned the respect of all afterwards.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 10, 2014

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

OmanyteJackson posted:

In that spirit here are some more modestly dressed rear end-kicking ladies

Oh man, I love the idea of pangolin lizard men.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 10, 2014

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Aren't 4E Dragonborn explicitly stated to be warm-blooded mammals in their race book, basically making them humanoid pangolins? I know for a fact they're stated as being warm-blooded, but I may be misremembering the mammal part.

Edit: not from the racial book, from here.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 11, 2014

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Pretty sure they're the descendants of 3.5e dragonborns, which were paladins of Bahamut blessed with dragon parts. I think it was a Prestige Class

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Super Waffle posted:

Pretty sure they're the descendants of 3.5e dragonborns, which were paladins of Bahamut blessed with dragon parts. I think it was a Prestige Class

4E dragonborn are a race created by the dragons in ancient times and explicitly have nothing to do with what dragonborn were in 3.5.

Also, like all other draconic creatures in 4E, they're not actually reptiles, they're mammals who happen to look reptilian.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Dick Burglar posted:

Aren't 4E Dragonborn explicitly stated to be warm-blooded mammals in their race book, basically making them humanoid pangolins? I know for a fact they're stated as being warm-blooded, but I may be misremembering the mammal part.

Edit: not from the racial book, from here.

It says in that article that Dragonborn are born from eggs and then nursed. So basically they're monotremes.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beardless posted:

It says in that article that Dragonborn are born from eggs and then nursed. So basically they're monotremes.

Echidna/pangolins, then.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I think I'm gonna be this guy as a half-elf cleric of Sune with some bard leanings for this 5e game. He's going to be a haughty fashionista that still spreads his faith and leads by example, and also he has a mace. Any other good clerics? Half-elves are cool.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

Echidna/pangolins, then.

They are actually platypi.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I need art of a character who uses holy ghostpower or holy energy. Like, someone who is to a necromancer what a paladin is to a blackguard. Ideally, one who's male or androgynous, and uses a large blade or a polearm.

Edit Or just someone who looks like they're (mostly) willingly possessed by/followed by more than a few spirits, and doesn't look too evil.

Well I started with some that were closish to what you were looking for then got distracted and grabbed a bunch of other, less related pics.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Willingly possessed by a bunch of ghosts? Sounds like Sayoko's Romantic Ghost Story.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I posted the my initial work on this in the chat thread, but I think this is a more appropriate place for it. With apologies to Simon & Garfunkel:

I am just a fighter
And my class is seldom chose
I have squandered all my features
For a pocket full of hit points
Such are Toughness feats
Charop is best
But I have swords, my boots and a shield,
Don't need eight hour's rest.

When I started off
Adventuring
I had no more than +1
To my main attacking stat
In the chaos of the cats and zombies
Healing surge
Sliding four
Seeking out the flank advantage
When the injured hill orcs slow
Tanking hits from maces
Boldly slaying foes.

Asking only a D20
I come looking for a quest
But I get no ogres,
Just a "screw off" from the elves
At the local tavern
So near despair
There were times when I pulled cards
Straight from
A Deck of Many Things.

Then I'm laying out my 10-foot poles
And wishing I held GROND
Going home
Where the evil druid's winters
Aren't freezing me,
Sleeting me,
Going home.

In the game room sits a grognard
And a wizard by his sheet
And he carries the reminders
Of all the dice that did not crit
And failed him till he cries out
In his anger but no shame
"I'm a caster, this is bullshit!"
Yea, the catpiss still remains.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Theyre all adorable! And remind me of maplestory.

I think people are so tired of seeing cheesecake that they start to get exasperated at anything.

(this might include me sometimes.)

i get less and less worked up about cheesy fantasy females the more i see people wearing just as little IRL. Spandex micro chainmail bikinis is one thing, showing cleavage and some midriff is hardly shocking compared to what you can see on the street every day.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
Hey everyone, haven't posted in a while. BUT I HAVE ARTS FOR YOU. Giving you all access to the Drive Folder with the Deck of Legends art in it.

Deck of Legends Art Folder

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Apocalypse World Operator

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

Apocalypse World Operator

I am feeling very menaced by that empty gun.
:goonsay:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yes we all know the gun is empty now...

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Thedandmom posted:

Hey everyone, haven't posted in a while. BUT I HAVE ARTS FOR YOU. Giving you all access to the Drive Folder with the Deck of Legends art in it.

Deck of Legends Art Folder
Thank you so much

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

Veyrall posted:

Thank you so much

Your welcome. I was feeling bad for taking so long with the project so I'm going ahead and letting people have access to the artwork that I have completed

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
A humble request: any and all art depicting volcanic activity, as well as creatures that appear to be made out of volcanic activity.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Cross-posting from one of our tattoo threads, but I figured a myconid would belong here. Got this today!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

a kitten posted:

Speaking of Rat Queens: new D&D artwork has been inspired by Violet too:

Is this actually from the new PHB? :swoon:

Not only a dwarf dame in the spotlight, but I remember reading an old battered paperbook copy of the book that passage is from back in middle school (gently caress off, Drizzt & co. were the poo poo back then)

e. oh yeah, I remember why I came here other than just to ogle every post like usual. To anyone who possesses art thereof, I need Mongols. Straight up Genghis Khan and his pals, men and women, human or whatever else, anything that fits that vibe. This picture from a few pages back is along the right lines:

Mazed fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 12, 2014

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Mazed posted:

e. oh yeah, I remember why I came here other than just to ogle every post like usual. To anyone who possesses art thereof, I need Mongols. Straight up Genghis Khan and his pals, men and women, human or whatever else, anything that fits that vibe. This picture from a few pages back is along the right lines:

Here's the visual spoiler for the new Magic set, Khans of Tarkir. Go hog wild!

e: more

e2:

Majuju fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 12, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mazed posted:

Is this actually from the new PHB? :swoon:

Not only a dwarf dame in the spotlight, but I remember reading an old battered paperbook copy of the book that passage is from back in middle school (gently caress off, Drizzt & co. were the poo poo back then)

It's from the starter set, in which the art is generally pretty great and inclusive. Unfortunately for that particular piece, the text next to it says dwarves mostly have deeply-tanned or light brown skin, and the art is of a white lady. :v:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This picture is less Ghengis Khan-y than I remember, but still good, I think.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
for the spirit touched request

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Mazed posted:

I hope you don't mind photographs.

Click for big.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want pictures of professors. Like, college professor types, especially ones who look like they'd teach history. The game this would be for would be in a modern-day setting. Here's the example I'm working with.

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

I want pictures of professors. Like, college professor types, especially ones who look like they'd teach history. The game this would be for would be in a modern-day setting. Here's the example I'm working with.

Surely? ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Too obvious ;)