Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
It's too bad we never actually met Orange.

That loving RNG though. :rolldice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromius
Aug 5, 2014

Stays shiny, even in milk.

Thundersword238 posted:

I said it in the stream, but it's worth repeating: Serika deserves to be in a much, much better game.
The worst part is that because she's in such a bad game there's no chance of her making a cameo or even being referenced to in other Tokimeki games.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

That sure was the most Tokimeki Memorial 3 way that game could have ended. I can't wait til you guys see it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I know I'm going to let the trainwreck stand as is, but would you guys be interested in seeing a second run of the last 6 months to do it "right", or is it best to let this game die and just move on to the next?

sureaboutthatthing
Oct 15, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

I know I'm going to let the trainwreck stand as is, but would you guys be interested in seeing a second run of the last 6 months to do it "right", or is it best to let this game die and just move on to the next?

Unless it is a big bother I'd like to see a proper end.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

vibratingsheep posted:

I think it should get 1 proper end.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

I've really come to like Serika, so if it's no trouble, I'd really like to see it. Plus, in this LP, you've played the Tokimeki Memorial series as an expert perfectionist, why stop now? :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

vibratingsheep posted:

Seconding the requests for a proper ending, if you can bear it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Catalina posted:

why stop now? :v:

Do I really need to answer this question?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

vibratingsheep posted:

Yes, I definitely want to see what we missed.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Friar John posted:

I think it should get 1 proper end.

This. Thanks for taking one for the team, sheep.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

sincx posted:

This. Thanks for taking one for the team, sheep.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
All my votes for Sheep's suffering.

VVV Also this.

Galick fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 8, 2014

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'd like to see it, but only in a later update. I want to see the thread react exactly like we did in the stream.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
What could possibly have happened? Did we... did we get the Yukiko ending...???

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I also want to see the update with whatever crappy ending you got, and then an update with the proper ending.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

alcharagia posted:

Yeah, that crossed my mind as well. Must at least have been something way worse than just accidentally ending up with Emi, the way everyone who saw the stream is reacting in the thread.

I'm also for redoing the last six months, by the way. Serika deserves better than this!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

alcharagia posted:

Based on these reactions I'm thinking maybe he got the "alone forever" ending despite doing everything "correctly," or maybe Serika chooses Yabe over Goon because he didn't meet some absurd requirement like defeating him six months prior, or something. In either case I'm excited to see just what the hell happened.
:allears:

e: Wait, wait, I know:
Goon: "Serika left me a note to meet her on the hill among the swirling cherry blossoms.. hm. I wonder what she wants."
Serika: "Oh.. Goon! ..You wore that? Please think about the other people you're seen in public with."
*credits*

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 8, 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Maybe we got the Tomoda ending. Unfortunately, the bros forever ending is extra-awful in this game, considering Yabe and whatever the other guy's name is.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
drat, apparently I picked a bad day to skip. Can't wait to see how this game somehow gets worse.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

When should we expect to see BAD END, anyway?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

When should we expect to see BAD END, anyway?

Not gonna happen. Won't let it.

Well, unless it's funny.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

vibratingsheep posted:

Not gonna happen. Won't let it.

Well, unless it's funny.

I was talking about whatever horrors from the stream everyone's talking about.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Wow. That must've been one hell of an ending I've missed.

I want to see it.

At least we're not asking you to do a second run of TM3, vibratingsheep. Let's just push it to the end and move on.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Serika made this whole thing semi-tolerable, she deserves the best ending.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

You can't leave us all hanging like this. Show us what all these jerks are talking about. This is why I voted for this game in the first place!

Shofra
Dec 19, 2012

Wait, you're not into this sort of thing, are you?
I don't want to put you through the hell of getting this game to cooperate, but on the other hand, I want this game to deliver on the one good thing it has going for it that it wouldn't even share with us in the ending. If you can't get it in one more run-through of the last 6 months, though, it's not worth your suffering, and we should just move on to Girl's Side (my vote) or TM4.

Also, I'm waiting for that image from last night to get into an update so it can fulfill it's ultimate destiny of being your avatar, Sheep.

Shofra fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 8, 2014

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Shofra posted:

I don't want to put you through the hell of getting this game to cooperate, but on the other hand, I want this game to deliver on the one good thing it has going for it that it wouldn't even share with us in the ending. If you can't get it in one more run-through of the last 6 months, though, it's not worth your suffering, and we should just move on to Girl's Side (my vote) or TM4.

Also, I'm waiting for that image from last night to get into an update so it can fulfill it's ultimate destiny of being your avatar, Sheep.

Agree with everything in this post. :allears:

Chromius
Aug 5, 2014

Stays shiny, even in milk.
I'd like to see which ending you ended up with. It would be really crappy if it was the Forever Alone ending.

I agree with Shofra and EagerSleeper in that you should try to get a proper ending if you can from the six months ago save and if you can't just move on to Girl's Side or Tokimeki 4.

Chromius fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 9, 2014

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Those wondering, Twitch still has the archived stream up for watching, if you have 3 ½ hour to spare. (There is very little reloading going on!)

I'll vote for try to get the proper ending but don't waste yourself doing it.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I appreciate that the animation for losing an aikido match is just the protagonist slipping and falling like an idiot.

Also I guess give us a truncated version of whatever actually happened and then get the proper ending, assuming it won't be ridiculous to get it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

nielsm posted:

Those wondering, Twitch still has the archived stream up for watching, if you have 3 ½ hour to spare. (There is very little reloading going on!)

I'll vote for try to get the proper ending but don't waste yourself doing it.

I just skipped to the end, didn't notice anything in particular. That looked like a proper ending to me, so I'd like to know what actually happened.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Ok, having just watched the stream (I don't recommend this, because the surprise will be much better if you wait):

Jesus christ, that's the last thing I expected. I don't know whether you should show it off (because Serika deserves better) or leave it hanging, as the game's final insult.

HellCopter fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 10, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

After this much hype I feel like I'm going to be let down unless we get a full on School Days ending here.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

HellCopter posted:

Ok, having just watched the stream (I don't recommend this, because the surprise will be much better if you wait):
Maybe we should all wait, then. You keep hyping this up, people are going to be disappointed if the game's author doesn't come over to vibratingsheep's house and dickslap him mid-stream. Plus, it's kind of annoying hearing people go OH THAT THING WAS AMAZING YOU KNOW THE THING WE'RE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU ABOUT BUT IT WAS AN AMAZING THING YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Maybe we should all wait, then. You keep hyping this up, people are going to be disappointed if the game's author doesn't come over to vibratingsheep's house and dickslap him mid-stream. Plus, it's kind of annoying hearing people go OH THAT THING WAS AMAZING YOU KNOW THE THING WE'RE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU ABOUT BUT IT WAS AN AMAZING THING YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.

It's kind of the idea though.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Jesus christ. Yeah, you're going to have to show the real ending/event, because that was just too loving stupid an ending otherwise.

Sorta spoilers for people who don't have 3 hours to watch the stream

You know that big secret the game keeps alluding to with Serika? Why she's getting hurt and missing out on poo poo? Sheep somehow loving MISSED the event where she explains it, so the question was never answered. Sheep didn't do anything wrong, the game just completely hosed him

Random blabber
Dec 14, 2013

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Jesus christ. Yeah, you're going to have to show the real ending/event, because that was just too loving stupid an ending otherwise.

Sorta spoilers for people who don't have 3 hours to watch the stream

You know that big secret the game keeps alluding to with Serika? Why she's getting hurt and missing out on poo poo? Sheep somehow loving MISSED the event where she explains it, so the question was never answered. Sheep didn't do anything wrong, the game just completely hosed him

What!? That's hilarious! Okay, if I was here to watch the stream I would have a hard time staying quiet too

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Honestly, my answer here depends on exactly what it impacts. Did we just miss one event? Does Sheep have a way of knowing what it was so that he can just explain it to us? Even if it is an important event for the character's development, gently caress this game, give us the info and move on. Does missing this event mean that other things were missed or different as well? Probably worth trying again before the next game.

Or we can just go on pretending she's the P4 FeMC and just roll with that for her backstory, it's probably better than what the game came up with anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Sheep should just lock the thread until he's ready to update. It's everything being delivered at the same time that really makes it.

• Locked thread