Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Manatee Cannon posted:

I guess what I'm saying is gently caress air vehicles.

Then prepare to rage out

today's cte patch posted:

Stinger and IGLA have less turn rate and acceleration to make countermeasures more reliable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Awesome.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Someguy posted:

Then prepare to rage out

Who cares about stingers?

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Manatee Cannon posted:

Who cares about stingers?

Everyone? But most likely all the people that loudly 'asked' for them to get buffed.

The patch is still a net negative for air though

today's cte patch posted:

SRAWs are slightly faster

edit: someone sent me a link that says it's smaws that are faster, not sraws, so i don't know what to believe

Someguy fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't care about them so it's clearly not everyone. :v: They aren't fun to use.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't care about them so it's clearly not everyone. :v: They aren't fun to use.

I guess, they are about as fun to play against as they are to use, but there is a boatload of people that think using mach speed dumbfire rockets against air vehicles is some impossible thing (lol), so what can you do

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Someguy posted:

I guess, they are about as fun to play against as they are to use, but there is a boatload of people that think using mach speed dumbfire rockets against air vehicles is some impossible thing (lol), so what can you do

The little bird is much more agile than it was in 3 and with the minigun buff you can mulch infantry. Lock on disables are still ridiculous but that's really the only fear a little bird has anymore.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

tehinternet posted:

The little bird is much more agile than it was in 3 and with the minigun buff you can mulch infantry. Lock on disables are still ridiculous but that's really the only fear a little bird has anymore.

Dumbfire rockets also have 5 times the acceleration and 3 times the average flight speed, it's never been easier to use them or to use them against vehicles. Plus the SRAW is still amazing. You're right in that disables are still ridiculous, which is probably why Dice is deciding to lower the insane acceleration and turning rates that make counter measures unreliable and lead to all those disables in the first place. Maybe you can let us know how that works out since they probably won't implement CTE changes on consoles until the game is a decade old, or whatever.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Someguy posted:

Dumbfire rockets also have 5 times the acceleration and 3 times the average flight speed, it's never been easier to use them or to use them against vehicles. Plus the SRAW is still amazing. You're right in that disables are still ridiculous, which is probably why Dice is deciding to lower the insane acceleration and turning rates that make counter measures unreliable and lead to all those disables in the first place. Maybe you can let us know how that works out since they probably won't implement CTE changes on consoles until the game is a decade old, or whatever.

I think the target is September for all CTE changes on every platform. Even the 360/PS3 are getting the high frequency network updates.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Lazyfire posted:

I think the target is September for all CTE changes on every platform. Even the 360/PS3 are getting the high frequency network updates.

Do you know if the CTE will continue after that or will they wrap it up and just push traditional patches?

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Beastie posted:

gently caress yeah dude, it's a world of difference from 360. The frame rate alone took some getting used to. If you end up getting everything all set up I'll be on after 5pm central time.

i might be able to play a few vanilla maps tonight cause holy poo poo this whole process have been a pain in the rear end for me apparently games only fully download from the disc only if the system is disconnected from the internet which meant i wasted 4 hours trying to get bf4 to download and stop at 96% 3 times until i unhooked my ethernet cord and did it a final time and my box came with a defective controller so i had to go to game stop and trade in alot of my old 360 games to get a new one so i can just swap em out and return the defective one to them so now thats all done im just downloading the update for the game and still need to download all the dlc

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Skater h8er posted:

im finally breaking down and might upgrade to the xbox one today and im looking at the turtle beach headsets anyone have any of them and can tell me how they feel and sound to you

There's no sidetone in any of the Turtle Beaches, but you eventually get used to it. XO-4s are fine, save your money on the XO-7.

The headset adapter is included with the Turtle Beaches.

Skater h8er posted:

xbox live features

That hasn't happened to me. Try a hard reset (unplug the Xbox for a 10 count).

Just get the vanilla maps, let the DLC download overnight. Most of us play vanilla anyway.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 9, 2014

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Someguy posted:

Do you know if the CTE will continue after that or will they wrap it up and just push traditional patches?

Supposedly the CTE is a part of a new strategy in EA to keep games supported long term and they'll be pushing new content and fixes to it after the September patch. So best guess is EA dissolves DICE LA after the patch.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The LA studio is working on Battlefront, I have no idea where you'd get that idea from.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
quick question how do you transfer over your premium from the 360 to the xbox one

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Someguy posted:

Plus the SRAW is still amazing.

God drat right.

I think they made it so the SRAW goes to where ever the last place was that you had the crosshairs aimed, even the side of a moving helo. Dicking around on the AC server, I tried to shoot someone down, missed, then went and shot 2 mans before the screen lit up with a VEHICLE DESTROYED and an SRAW triple kill :shrug: There was a solid 10 seconds between putting away the SRAW and destroying the helo.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Do the XP boosts stack ? I've got a couple and debating on if I should cash them in with the XP event going on. I unlocked the LSAT and I got a cool ACOG scope for it. I sit back, suppress fire and supply up the team and figure I could rake in some XP.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Do the XP boosts stack ? I've got a couple and debating on if I should cash them in with the XP event going on. I unlocked the LSAT and I got a cool ACOG scope for it. I sit back, suppress fire and supply up the team and figure I could rake in some XP.

They'll stack with the event, but not each other

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Nope, you can only have one boost at a time. What does stack is the premium bonus and the ones you get from battlepacks, so a 50% is getting doubled into a 100% for a total of 200%, I think. Not too sure on the actual math.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

No stacking. They overwrite.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Thanks to that, I got like 97 +25% XP boosts to burn through. Doesn't help that I keep forgetting to reapply them after they expire.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

red19fire posted:

God drat right.

I think they made it so the SRAW goes to where ever the last place was that you had the crosshairs aimed, even the side of a moving helo. Dicking around on the AC server, I tried to shoot someone down, missed, then went and shot 2 mans before the screen lit up with a VEHICLE DESTROYED and an SRAW triple kill :shrug: There was a solid 10 seconds between putting away the SRAW and destroying the helo.

Nah, they fly straight after you pull the crosshair back, but if you set it to turn or something it will complete a curve.

This man is the reason the PC goons have had clear skies the last couple weeks while we're talking about SRAWs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Things I've learned today about this game: it does not count games you leave halfway through as losses (and as such I am currently sitting on a 100% win rate), the way you unlock guns is atrocious, and I'm pretty glad I didn't spend $500 to play it. Also my computer does not like 64 player servers much.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Sorry Nick I think Xbox Live just poo poo the bed. Got disconnected from session, now I can't connect to Xbox Live.

Good chopper griefing tonight. One of us shooting down air with minis and the other rolling with 25mms was pretty fun.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
its all good, golmund was next anyways, and that map is so boring.

I still prefer 25mm on the scouts cuz its really easy to farm infantry with them. I kind of wanna be littlebird freaks on flood zone now. if we can steal the other scout, we can just farm all drat round with impunity. or we can both sit on opposite teams and do an old fashion air truce.

edit: I want to bring back the server, but I want to get an east coast one. I checked out other rented servers and a good majority of them are east coast, so I can't help but wonder if west coast servers are hosed in some way. I've even had trouble connecting to the slaughterhouse when it was "up" so I'm really starting to think it's just west coast servers.

only problem is there aren't any available, only thing I can do is renew the slaughterhouse, but I can't get a new one on the east coast. I would prefer not to waste more money on the west coast ones if it's only going to be full once a month.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 10, 2014

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Finally on my way back home from a 2 week vacation. Dc was nice and all, but it'll be good to shoot some mans with you guys again. Are people on ps force still playing the last of us or has that already faded for more broken battlefield adventures?

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
some super fun games last night on the one though i got destroyed pretty hard in every match and the ones menus still confuse the gently caress out of me its nice to play a round thats action all over the map and not just sparsely populated and sorry to the guys i was playing with last night if i sounded odd im not fully used to the ones mic not having any feedback when your talking

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Skater h8er posted:

quick question how do you transfer over your premium from the 360 to the xbox one

Pretty sure you just type in your log in info in the store that's actually in the BF4 menu.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

V for Vegans posted:

Finally on my way back home from a 2 week vacation. Dc was nice and all, but it'll be good to shoot some mans with you guys again. Are people on ps force still playing the last of us or has that already faded for more broken battlefield adventures?

Little bit of both. Most of the late weeknight crew still plays battlefield.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Beastie posted:

Pretty sure you just type in your log in info in the store that's actually in the BF4 menu.

Get online. Xboners assemble.

zero democracy
Oct 9, 2002

in extremis

:smug:

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
ATTN: bomber ribbons -

gently caress you.

That is all.

E: bonus display of amazing ucav skill luck.

http://youtu.be/dj4aa5w2cDA

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 10, 2014

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't watch that because I'm in my phone.

Does the SRAW feel quicker?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Lucky SOB, I think the RNG hates me, it's like Payday 2 all over again:

All I seem to get is camouflage, attachments for sniper rifles, and 25% boosts

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 10, 2014

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Chalupa Joe posted:

Lucky SOB, I think the RNG hates me, it's like Payday 2 all over again:

All I seem to get is camouflage, attachments for sniper rifles, and 25% boosts

Just wait until it's over 500k experience to the next battlepack, then it really stinks when it's three battlelog emblems, a 25% boost, and a soldier portrait.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BctlP_MB1gk

Regular RPG owns :colbert:

Also love sniping at people with it. I guess guys sitting on hills just never expect an RPG to get them from that far away? It's pretty easy to do, also...

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BctlP_MB1gk

Regular RPG owns :colbert:

Also love sniping at people with it. I guess guys sitting on hills just never expect an RPG to get them from that far away? It's pretty easy to do, also...

I just wish the game DVRs would record the sound of us screaming "oooooooooooooh loving dayum!" when this poo poo happens.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Beastie posted:

I just wish the game DVRs would record the sound of us screaming "oooooooooooooh loving dayum!" when this poo poo happens.

Actually, on PS4 you can select an option that would include whatever you said into the mic. I have a few recordings of me saying poo poo like that. It only records your voice though, not anyone else in your party so it kinda sounds like you're a crazy man talking to yourself.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Wish we could embed Xbox Clips here, but I did this tonight when we were running out of tickets and the other team was all over the last point in Rush:

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2682054420952460&gamertag=Iscariote&vid=c0cbc3e9-4a26-4025-8385-09a5ae7433d0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Actually, on PS4 you can select an option that would include whatever you said into the mic. I have a few recordings of me saying poo poo like that. It only records your voice though, not anyone else in your party so it kinda sounds like you're a crazy man talking to yourself.

It will also record everyone using game chat if that's what you're on. Or at least I have a Destiny clip saved where you can hear everyone because of that.

• Locked thread