Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Wait, what? No way. Post the real one.

http://www.gocomics.com/inspector-dangers-crime-quiz/2012/04/30#.U-fNaGNgH9U

Okay, I did also add the interrogation bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Previously...

We now return you to Mark Trail, already in progress.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
You are the invasive surgery to this thread's cancer.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Hodge-podge and Portnoy are the best in Bloom County, they're used to do things to such wonderful extremes.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

EasyEW posted:

The Continuing Misadventures of the Immaculately Pure Artist (otherwise known as Writer Guy)

SOMEBODY DIE OF CANCER ALREADY!!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Ensign_Ricky posted:

SOMEBODY DIE OF CANCER ALREADY!!

Ooh, what if Les gets cancer? :munch:

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

BigDave posted:

Ooh, what if Les gets cancer? :munch:

Only if by Lisa, you mean the actress playing Lisa.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

EasyEW posted:

The Continuing Misadventures of the Immaculately Pure Artist (otherwise known as Writer Guy)

I can hardly wait to see what Les does to endear himself to Token Latino Actor.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

"And a tip of the funky felt pen to ol' Jim B. and Jack D."

Stay golden, R Ubbish. (Bob Hope may be missed but Digby's a good herald too.)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

Only if by Lisa, you mean the actress playing Lisa.

The cursed role!

(But that wasn't a typo, Les is the name of the sad sack with the ghost wife)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Selachian posted:

Les, The Immaculately Pure Artist: (with overstudied "casualness") "Hey! ¿Qué tal?"
Token Latino Actor: "Wow, he spoke two words in Spanish! That weedy little white guy totally gets me!"
Crusty Assistant: (with undisguised admiration) "You just keep hittin' 'em out of the park, writer guy!"

Meanwhile, Ghost Wife Lisa cries tears from Heaven.

Peanuts: Year One (February 8-10, 1951)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Selachian posted:

Gives him cancer, hopefully.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 8/10/2003

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHH! THEIR MOUTHS AREN'T ON THEIR HEADS! I CAN'T... I need to fix.

AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's better. Well, for a given definition of 'better'.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Howard Beale posted:

Stay golden, R Ubbish. (Bob Hope may be missed but Digby's a good herald too.)

I miss Dan Dare. Someone find some Dan Dare.

She types, ignoring the Fearless Fosdick books that have been on the "to post" list for 18+ months.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

EasyEW posted:

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

This is a good puzzle, since there is no possible way to cook chicken without the bones still in it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

CaptainCaveman posted:

This is a good puzzle, since there is no possible way to cook chicken without the bones still in it.

Inspector Danger accurately portraying the interlocking puzzle-box that is a chicken's skeleton.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I miss Dan Dare. Someone find some Dan Dare.

I'm working on it! Albeit not with a lot of haste. I think I'm going to have to break down and buy the collections. I'll see what I can turn up tomorrow.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

She types, ignoring the Fearless Fosdick books that have been on the "to post" list for 18+ months.

Christ, Nemi, you look like poo poo!

seebs
Apr 23, 2007
God Made Me a Skeptic

See, I re-read it, and it's not as stupid as it sounds.

I was going to ask whether maybe you edited out the thing where it says "Dead, and he choked on the killer's dick", which would indeed probably rule her out. (I somehow suspect that "wait, what if she's trans and hasn't done bottom surgery yet" is not part of the thought process.) It does say "a fierce and bloody fight", which might reasonably imply that it was someone strong enough to beat him up, and maybe Danger lives in a world where no women are strong.

Of course. If there was a "fierce and bloody fight", surely you could check them for injuries or something? ... Nah, crazy.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I think the worst part of that is the assumption that the chicken thief had to eat it RIGHT THEN. Plenty of dishes you can make with cold chicken. Salsa verde comes to mind.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Tambaloneus posted:

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHH! THEIR MOUTHS AREN'T ON THEIR HEADS! I CAN'T... I need to fix.

AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's better. Well, for a given definition of 'better'.

Thanks for this. However, I felt it might improve even more with a little editing..

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Christ, Nemi, you look like poo poo!

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Intelligent Life

f u c k y o u

Big Nate

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

And Sundays are for recappin'.

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Intelligent Life

This is what it sounds like when doves cry in two Seth MacFarlane voices.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This guy's face is amazing. He never could have dreamed how glorious that menu item would turn out to be. :allears:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Intelligent Life

Am I the only one who thinks the whole jocks and nerds thing seems really stupid in an office setting?

Like, stupider than it would be otherwise.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Binary Badger posted:

Thanks for this. However, I felt it might improve even more with a little editing..

So you read it as "pigborn" too?

I was stunned when someone first pointed out that's not the name of the comic.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Oh good lord I just realized how this is going to end.

Les is going to make friends with the actors, and sell them on the original idea of Lisa dying and having the movie actually be tragic. Then the evil studio is going to push more stupid changes to make it a loving romcom or something, and the actors will rebel against the studio and side with Les. In the end, by standing up to the studio the movie will be made as originally intended and Les's precious ~artistic integrity~ will be preserved and Lisa's Story will be saved.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Intelligent Life

Wow, this just keeps worse.

Seth MacFarlane and Tim Buckley have formed an Unholy Alliance, theres no other explanation.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It half-loaded so at first I thought this was the whole strip:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It took me a moment, since I expected to see Jarvis Cocker there, but I get it. Amazing.

e: Also, that Inspector Danger, holy poo poo. I'm wondering if it might be a thing where the witness used gendered pronouns, thus creating a situation where #1 was out "due to her gender" but the pronouns were lost in translation to English. Can we get someone who knows...uh, languages on the case?

hexwren fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 11, 2014

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh good lord I just realized how this is going to end.

Les is going to make friends with the actors, and sell them on the original idea of Lisa dying and having the movie actually be tragic. Then the evil studio is going to push more stupid changes to make it a loving romcom or something, and the actors will rebel against the studio and side with Les. In the end, by standing up to the studio the movie will be made as originally intended and Les's precious ~artistic integrity~ will be preserved and Lisa's Story will be saved.

I was thinking the exact same thing: the actors will take Les's side against the horrible, awful changes inflicted on Les's script by Hack Rewrite Guy/Waiter and Hack Producer, and insist on doing the script exactly as originally written. Beefcake Guy and Blonde Chick will be so exalted by Les's deathless words that they'll turn in performances worthy of Olivier and Streep, and Latino Guy will gracefully accept a role as an extra because there are no Latinos in Westview. And Tom Bat will imagine us readers shedding tears of joy and doing a slow clap as "Lisa's Story" wins a billion Emmys.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Same, and I actually laughed at it because I thought it was so absurdly JOCKS AMIRITE?

Emmy Lou

The Phantom

Sunday Rip Haywire

I'll post double Classic Prince Valiant tomorrow.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Sunday Phantom. Wherein the Phantom makes his first appearance months into this story.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

And I thought it was two days' comics.

Just enough recap to be the banal continuation of a joke.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Intelligent Life

f u c k y o u

what is it like to look at a comic strip and not feel burning, incoherent fury

i have honestly forgotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

ianvincible posted:

What a hosed up society.

What a hosed up strip.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Remember, everyone: this has been going on for over a year now.

Seriously, Pibgorn has been a crappy Romeo and Juliet for that long? His characters have been other characters all this time, leaving readers old and new with nothing to get invested in!

Not that his usual stuff wasn't dogshit, but this has been just so boring.

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 11, 2014

• Locked thread