Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Johnny Law posted:

This is from one guy's post on reddit, and it smells fake, especially "loadouts" (unless it is really misdescribing the actual feature).

Obviously anything's possible but I'm dubious. On the other hand, that would be something to see... you'd be able to find out where the Quake Live forum's server is geographically located just by following the glow over the horizon.
A non-denial from QL dev Sponge & the fact any thread about it gets immediately deleted from the official forums says otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Korendian Leader posted:

A non-denial from QL dev Sponge & the fact any thread about it gets immediately deleted from the official forums says otherwise.

They might be deleting it because they don't want rumors to spread but have no idea how the internet works.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

As far as I can tell, that's not it, but maybe I'm just misremembering how it worked. I'll try out some of the recommendations in the OP and see if anything rings a bell. Seems like there's a bunch of cool stuff that came out since the last time I looked, so that's awesome.

EDIT: So, apparently you can run Chex Quest with Brutal Doom.

Nails fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 9, 2014

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I always get a kick out of running Chex with Samsara and running Duke through it.

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

Korendian Leader posted:

Well I await developments with interest. :munch:

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Keiya posted:

I always get a kick out of running Chex with Samsara and running Duke through it.

Samsara was actually why I grabbed all of Chex Quest. Just need to get Heretic and Hexen off of Steam now. Isn't one of the sequels missing?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Nails posted:

Samsara was actually why I grabbed all of Chex Quest. Just need to get Heretic and Hexen off of Steam now. Isn't one of the sequels missing?

Heretic 2 and Hexen 2's expansion pack aren't on Steam.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Johnny Law posted:

Well I await developments with interest. :munch:

Hopefully they take notice of the response to any potential changes like that.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Got to play with the MT-32 I just got in last night. Used the buttons on it to swap out the Synthbass in Doom E1M1 with a French horn for hijinx.

Awesome MIDI messages when booting, and exiting, Rise of the Dragon.

Need a iphone app that can play .mid and load .sf2.

I have to work today and the midi withdrawal is p.bad.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Keiya posted:

I wish that there was a x10 that worked with Chex Quest and Samsara. I really want to try that with Duke.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
x10 works with chex.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Babylon Astronaut posted:

x10 works with chex.

Yeah, but not Chex and Samsara. There's a specially designed version for Samsara (on the addons page), but it only works for Doom apparently.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Apparently the final version of Doom: The Golden Souls is out soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKk9QbH5mqA

The developer says they're working on the last few bits right now, scripting the ending, polishing up some levels, etc. Should be fun, and a nice return to Silly Doom after finishing Pirate Doom.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Dominic White posted:

The developer says they're working on the last few bits right now, scripting the ending, polishing up some levels, etc. Should be fun, and a nice return to Silly Doom after finishing Pirate Doom.

Just beat (I believe) all that this mod had to offer and it was quite amazing and awesome to play. Definitely unique

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dominic White posted:

I try to launch the mod in GZDoom, and I keep getting this error.

code:
Script error, "GoldenSouls_Beta1.6.5.pk3:redemption.wad:DEC_WEPS" line 112:
Unexpected token string constant "GSReloader"
I had a similar error with another mod I tried a while ago. Should I use something else (like ZDoom) when running mods?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Are you running the very latest release of GZDoom? It worked fine for me.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The youtube video linked had a comment describing this exact problem, the author said that you'd want the latest build of GZdoom from this page.

I found something useful in a youtube comment section, must be a full moon tonight. :v:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Malek posted:

Just beat (I believe) all that this mod had to offer and it was quite amazing and awesome to play. Definitely unique

That's a really interesting looking wad. I thought it was Mario themed at first but it's not..?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It's Doom, Super Mario 64 style.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Geight posted:

The youtube video linked had a comment describing this exact problem, the author said that you'd want the latest build of GZdoom from this page.

I found something useful in a youtube comment section, must be a full moon tonight. :v:

That was the problem. I downloaded the newest version and it's working now.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I was starting to play BTSX in GZDoom with Beautiful Doom enabled, the BTSX .wad and .deh at the top of the load list, and I get weird color glitches. The muzzleblasts will have some blue in them, for example. Load BTSX later in the list cut the extra animation from Beautiful Doom.

Anybody know what would be causing this? Neither of those mods exhibit glitchy color if I run them individually.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

IIRC it's because BTSX has a custom palette which can mess around with the PNGs if they use the base Doom palette.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
God Damnit Doomero

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jblade posted:

IIRC it's because BTSX has a custom palette which can mess around with the PNGs if they use the base Doom palette.

Nearly there; PNGs are safe as they use their own palette, it's the Doom picture format that doesn't and that may cause problems with mods used with BTSX. Converting every graphic in Beautiful Doom to PNG should solve the issue.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

Take note, Capcom.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Can't be any more awkward to control than the original

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Keiya posted:

Can't be any more awkward to control than the original

Probably the first time I've heard anyone complain about Megaman X having bad controls.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Megaman X? I meant Resident Evil...

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I guess I just don't understand how game engines work. Sims 4 is being released while missing features from previous games, features that they claim are impossible to implement. I think all games should just use the Doom engine, it's clearly the most versatile.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Keiya posted:

Megaman X? I meant Resident Evil...

Wow yes you did, I had some kind of mental lapse and forgot that I clicked a related video. :shobon:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Doom: The Mercenaries has something to say about that. :colbert:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Zeether posted:

Doom: The Mercenaries has something to say about that. :colbert:

Same developer...
... also the same as the Mega Man X mod, the Mortal Kombat 1 to 3 mod and the Donkey Kong Country mod.

And not as impressive but the Doom 3 to 2 mod.

Malek fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 11, 2014

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Did he build an SNES emulator inside of Doom? Holy poo poo.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Elliotw2 posted:

Did he build an SNES emulator inside of Doom? Holy poo poo.

Ha ha, no, Donkey Kong and Megaman X look way better than that. It is mods using ripped sprites.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I know with DKC and Megaman, but that Mortal Kombat thing.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Malek posted:

Same developer...
... also the same as the Mega Man X mod, the Mortal Kombat 1 to 3 mod and the Donkey Kong Country mod.

And not as impressive but the Doom 3 to 2 mod.

The man is a sorcerer using dark magic to bend ZDoom to his will.

Speaking of, after a few years I decided to replay Knee-Deep in ZDoom. Ye gods, the bloat. I know they wanted to show off what they could do, but that is NOT the way to remake Episode 1. Doom the Way id Did had the idea.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Elliotw2 posted:

I know with DKC and Megaman, but that Mortal Kombat thing.

Think it's just sprite rips and some layering for the depth effect. I checked it vs. the original but it's definitely not an SNES emulator - I think it's just a poo poo ton of scripts.

Side note: He made a custom fatality

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is this the thread for bitching about all the stupid changes they're making to Quake Live because holy gently caress.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is this the thread for bitching about all the stupid changes they're making to Quake Live because holy gently caress.

I had the same reaction, but I'm not trusting anything until I see the official notes. Sounds too fishy to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Grimthwacker posted:

I had the same reaction, but I'm not trusting anything until I see the official notes. Sounds too fishy to be true.

ctrl+f "@sponge"

http://pastebin.com/JvuVRrwG