Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Liam posted:

I don't like Adventure Time nearly as much as you guys.

Liam further confirmed as lamest Best Friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So I'm watching the Resident Evil 2 play through on the site and man, the sound is getting hella out of sync. Is it like that in the Youtube version?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yeah but it gets corrected at some point (I just watched it for the first time the other day).

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

The Kins posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd is pretty amazing in this regard - it's not sprites, but damned if you'd be able to tell at a glance.

I've only been fooled by trailers showing actual gameplay twice: Once when I was watching a Project Gotham trailer back when I was younger, and by Xrd. Xrd still blows my mind when I see it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
They started off Turtles week with a bang. I wonder how many other 30-somethings are feeling their inner child's PTSD when watching them play the NES game. I've played through a bunch of hard NES games, but TMNT is just bullshit.

Edit: Holy poo poo, what an ending.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 7, 2014

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Charles Martel posted:

They started off Turtles week with a bang. I wonder how many other 30-somethings are feeling their inner child's PTSD when watching them play the NES game. I've played through a bunch of hard NES games, but TMNT is just bullshit.

Edit: Holy poo poo, what an ending.

Yeah, I got really excited when I realized it was that TMNT game, then promptly started remembering how much I loving hated that game as a kid. I never even got as far as they did on the dam.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Mandrel posted:

Yeah, I got really excited when I realized it was that TMNT game, then promptly started remembering how much I loving hated that game as a kid. I never even got as far as they did on the dam.

I couldn't get past the dam as a kid either. There's a couple videos on YouTube where the entire game is beaten with Raphael only and never dying (neither one are TAS videos), which blows my mind, and I've beaten Battletoads. The game just gets worse and worse the farther it goes.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The second and third TMNT nes games were way better but no one ever talks about those for some reason.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it's because everyone seemed to have that terrible first TMNT game that everyone remembers it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That TMNT GBA video has possibly the most ridiculous series of conversations of any video in quite awhile.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't believe a TMNT video of all things is when the guys start making fun of Pat's Navi-ness in Dark Souls.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

straight jerkers posted:

The second and third TMNT nes games were way better but no one ever talks about those for some reason.

Matt goes on about TMNT 2 in the Turtles in Time thing. That was my favorite game as a kid because it was just straight up a pretty good port of the arcade game but with extra bosses/levels and poo poo. Didn't get to play a lot of TMNT 3.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

legasaurusrex posted:

I just discovered these guys recently and have been going through their videos- any recommendations for the longer series videos on some favorites to start? I actually just finished watching the Indigo Prophecy series they did because I had that game and played about 15 minutes of it, I was curious how the rest of the game was.

Do the entire Sadness Trilogy.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Wait, the snes version of Turtles in time is Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles?!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not sure of being whoosed, but that's the PAL Version of the SNES. Europe called them Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Also the PAL version ran at 50 fps, instead of 60 so it was a bit slower than the NA version.

They picked the PAl version because it had a bit more bosses.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 7, 2014

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Shindragon posted:

Not sure of being whoosed, but that's the PAL Version of the SNES. Europe called them Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Also the PAL version ran at 50 fps, instead of 60 so it was a bit slower than the NA version.

They picked the PAl version because it had a bit more bosses.

The NA version had the same bosses, it was just the Arcade version that didn't have them. Not sure why they used the Pal version.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Which TMNT beat em up ends with you fighting Shredder on top of a platform floating over a destroyed city and changing back to his lair throughout the fight? It's been a while, but I remember playing the poo poo out of that one.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Beef Waifu posted:

Which TMNT beat em up ends with you fighting Shredder on top of a platform floating over a destroyed city and changing back to his lair throughout the fight? It's been a while, but I remember playing the poo poo out of that one.

Turtles in Time?

edit: Wait, I'm an idiot, Hyperstone Heist was what I meant to type.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 10, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I checked and I'm pretty sure it's Hyperstone Heist. Although that just seems to be a Genesis version of Turtles of In Time, so it might as well be the same thing.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It's Cryme Tyme, Muthafukaz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffv-D9VUmRI&list=UU84X0epDRFdTrybxEX8ZWkA

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Turtles Kinect is going to have many amazing .gifs

legasaurusrex
Jun 12, 2014

Kaptain K posted:

Do the entire Sadness Trilogy.

ok will do, thanks!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

legasaurusrex posted:

ok will do, thanks!

Also do Deadly Premonition. It's where some of the Woolie lore starts.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
It might just be because I'm a fan of the genre, but I think the best LPs are their horror ones.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man watching these guys playing GZ strikes such a contrast to Giant Bomb. I remember Brad and co running around in the Extra Ops as they all absentmindedly mixed up games and said tons of dumb stuff (conflating Snake Eater and Peace Walker comes to mind) and then here's Woolie and Liam talking about loving Ghost Babel.

On the other hand both groups like MGS4 so maybe playing video games for a living just drives you mad.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
http://youtu.be/tZVH_cdVXOE

This might be the funniest video they've ever released

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Rodyle posted:

Man watching these guys playing GZ strikes such a contrast to Giant Bomb. I remember Brad and co running around in the Extra Ops as they all absentmindedly mixed up games and said tons of dumb stuff (conflating Snake Eater and Peace Walker comes to mind) and then here's Woolie and Liam talking about loving Ghost Babel.

On the other hand both groups like MGS4 so maybe playing video games for a living just drives you mad.

Wat. We don't like MGS4.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

Wat. We don't like MGS4.

Alright, what are the Sandinista's demands to get you released back into Canadian custody?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Wat. We don't like MGS4.

Hey, finish your talkthrough of it now that you have a website.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Silentman0 posted:

I don't know about Chico being a good character after you listen to Peace Walker's tapes, but I know that they make Paz a character. Not a good character, necessarily, but an actual character with a personality.

I didn't play GZ yet but Paz was definitely a pretty good character from the tapes. It was me, I was the guy that would walk around with my headphones plugged in to my vita in my pocket playing through all the different tapes in Peacewalker. Learned so much about birds

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tae posted:

Probably because Woolie worked on Video games QA testing which basically makes Pat's constant nagging a walk in the park in comparison.

Do not work in QA testing.

I keep forgetting to look this up but who exactly worked in what? Did all of them work in games to some point? One of them mentioned his job at a supermarket and I was like wait what don't you make games

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Games are expensive as poo poo to make and take a long rear end time, even if all of them were super expert programmers.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only one who wasn't in QA was Pat.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I keep forgetting to look this up but who exactly worked in what? Did all of them work in games to some point? One of them mentioned his job at a supermarket and I was like wait what don't you make games

Pat was the one in retail. Two Best Friends Play, which was Matt's idea that evolved from a small LP they did of a Kirby game, practically saved his rear end from that dead-end job. What's more, Matt initially wanted Woolie to LP a game with him, not Pat, but Woolie declined for reasons, if I recall.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ApeHawk posted:

Pat was the one in retail. Two Best Friends Play, which was Matt's idea that evolved from a small LP they did of a Kirby game, practically saved his rear end from that dead-end job. What's more, Matt initially wanted Woolie to LP a game with him, not Pat, but Woolie declined for reasons, if I recall.

Woolie came back with a Woolvengeance

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

He had a fighting game tournament to watch. It'd be extra bonus lore points if it wound up being a Marvel 2 tournament and Marvel winds up being the eternal bane of his existence despite him loving it so much.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Wat. We don't like MGS4.

Really? Well it's been awhile since I saw an episode of TBF Watch, sorry!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

AXE COP posted:

http://youtu.be/tZVH_cdVXOE

This might be the funniest video they've ever released

The whole thing is worth watching, but I can't loving get over Woolie's moves

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lollin irl at the shurikens going right over Pat cause he's a tiny man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Liam freaking out at the villain's plan in the Turtles movie was great.

Also Woolie went on a posting spree and supposedly in a few sessions of Dark Souls he starts dismissing Pat entirely. So look forward to that.