Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wow, I've never seen bleed screws that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Wow, I've never seen bleed screws that long.

I bet you say that to all the guys.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Yo nerds lets do an NEAI before the snow flies. WE ARE LACKING AND I NEED TO PUNISH THE LIVER

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
UConn tailgate tomorrow. #turnt

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Too bad I'm cooped up all day tomorrow in a stupid NSC drivers retraining course :sigh:

I'm thinking tentative October 19th maybe? I'm not sure if I have anything scheduled that weekend, but the Ty-Rods Stafford Speedway Swap Meet is that day, so we could start the day there, then move 10 miles northwest to my place and blow some poo poo up and BBQ some other things. (Please don't blow up the BBQ unless I say so.)

Ground rules: the usual, don't swear/yell bad things loudly enough that I have to explain this to my neighbors, don't get the cops called on me, don't break anything I've already fixed in my house, try not to get the fire department called on me either, no driving over trees. If you're going to :gooncamp: do it far enough away that the rest of us can pretend we aren't watching.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I love that most of those rules are because the previous "no ground rules" wasn't working out.

Also, 11th/12 works out better for me, but I could make the 19th happen.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
oh poo poo, I forgot Columbus Day weekend (the 11th-13th) was coming up. I don't know what I have on the schedule for then either, assuming I'm not booked that works too.

And yeah, my preference is to start with no rules and if things happen, say don't do that again. Don't be dicks, whether intentionally or unintentionally, and it's fine by me :v:

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
I'd be in to make the journey out and partake in the beers / blowing up of poo poo / other shenanigans as well. Either of those weekends should probably work for me - I don't normally plan that far ahead anyway so I don't think I have anything going on.

I'm fresh out of BBQs to sacrifice to the thermite gods, however :q:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

DON'T DRIVE OVER TREES CHRIS!!!

Any weekend will work for me.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

That weekend would work for me as well, I'd love to come see your house of horrors (and jeeps).

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
You have to choose the one weekend that I'm in Alaska.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I have NO idea where i'll be on either date.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
11 / 12 works for me. No National Guard duty that weekend and I have no life.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

If too many people can't make it for one or both dates we can always do another. I'm not against that. This is pretty short notice, really.

The 19th is probably better for me as it'll give me some more time to work on the house so it might even be presentable (well... more presentable) but we shall see.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

If too many people can't make it for one or both dates we can always do another. I'm not against that. This is pretty short notice, really.

The 19th is probably better for me as it'll give me some more time to work on the house so it might even be presentable (well... more presentable) but we shall see.

I'm driving my own tent there. the unwashed masses can sleep outside :smug:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

Generally speaking if it's not a first weekend of the month, I'm good.

Slow is Fast posted:

I'm driving my own tent there. the unwashed masses can sleep outside :smug:

Depending on how motivated I'm feeling, I may drive my own tent as well.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 27, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
drat, I was really hoping to have enough cash on hand to make it to the next NEAI get together, but that isn't going to happen. Oh well, always next year.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Can't do the holiday weekend. The weekend after, however, is MIT swap. So I may be tempted to do a combined trip...

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Im interested in hanging out for a bit after the stafford swap meet, plus I might need someone with a truck if I buy anything big.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
This will be the first time I'll have a truck for collecting JY parts.

:dance:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Funny story.

My sister really really wanted to buy this 1981 datsun 210 she found up here. It's entirely rust free, the owner is from Arizona and kept it in Maine as his summer-only vehicle. Manual transmission. However she's having shoulder surgery soon and owning two MT vehicles and no auto trans is really going to ruin things, seeing as her SO has epilepsy and isn't allowed to drive.

Anyone in the northeast want to give a 210 a good home? The price, as I recall, is VERY reasonable, and I don't want it to go to some hellaflush fuckwit who will slam it and ruin the paint, which is its inevitable destiny if it hits craigslist. If you get tired of it in 6-12 months I'm pretty sure she'd buy it off whoever gets it, too.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

Funny story.

My sister really really wanted to buy this 1981 datsun 210 she found up here. It's entirely rust free, the owner is from Arizona and kept it in Maine as his summer-only vehicle. Manual transmission. However she's having shoulder surgery soon and owning two MT vehicles and no auto trans is really going to ruin things, seeing as her SO has epilepsy and isn't allowed to drive.

Anyone in the northeast want to give a 210 a good home? The price, as I recall, is VERY reasonable, and I don't want it to go to some hellaflush fuckwit who will slam it and ruin the paint, which is its inevitable destiny if it hits craigslist. If you get tired of it in 6-12 months I'm pretty sure she'd buy it off whoever gets it, too.

The same guy who has your body panels will probably store it for you temporarily....

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

The aforementioned datsun 210.

Still unsure about price but IIRC, it's under $2k. It's a 1981 manual trans model.

e: I asked, it's $1500, needs nothing but tires, maintained by a datsun addict.

kastein fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 15, 2014

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Hey poo poo dicks,

Vermont Winter Challenge has been posted.

http://winterchallengerally.com/

Feb 14th. Come enjoy 12 hours of driving on sketchy rear end roads.

I know none of you have dates so don't even front.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Slow is Fast posted:

Hey poo poo dicks,

Vermont Winter Challenge has been posted.

http://winterchallengerally.com/

Feb 14th. Come enjoy 12 hours of driving on sketchy rear end roads.

I know none of you have dates so don't even front.

That looks like a bunch of fun, similar to the WSCC TSD rallies I've done with Deeters. We got so good at them we started finishing too fast then that dick moved to Virginia :argh:. I'll have to see if I can find anyone that's interested.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

SFH1989 posted:

That looks like a bunch of fun, similar to the WSCC TSD rallies I've done with Deeters. We got so good at them we started finishing too fast then that dick moved to Virginia :argh:. I'll have to see if I can find anyone that's interested.

Do it.

I found it to be a mathematicians race. We got max penalties on leg 2. But we had the most fun. The roads are worth it.

Buffam, puts these on and holy poo poo.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I only did it once, and my friend and I got really lost by the 3rd checkpoint. By the time we rolled through what would have been the next checkpoint, the staff had already moved on. We managed to complete the rest of the route without any seeing another human being. It was simultaneously super scary and really awesome.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

TWO NEAI goon gatherings today.

Ours:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
This is the only one I have from ours, adiabatic and terriblerobot should have more.

This is alternate.eago's brother:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I see a toilet and an upside down truck bedliner. It's like my second home. :banjo:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I actually only took two pictures the whole time I was there that haven't already disappeared into the ether, but any goons that follow my snaps probably saw them.

I do have this shot of alternate.eago's absolutely immaculate AW11 MR2 (no rust, anywhere), with bonus Adiabatic.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Running carfaxes on horrible piles of poo poo is way too much fun.

1991 white beater MJ that I've been in a reported accident with, and you all know its offroad story: 0 reported issues, no collisions :lol:, no title issues
red toilet XJ with known glaring title issues that has also been offroad a number of times: 0 reported issues, no collisions, no title issues :lol::lol:
cursed 2000 forester: 3 reported accidents!!! that explains a lot of uh, body issues I've found
1988 blue MJ I haven't done anything with yet: 0 reported issues, no collisions :lol: (it's been in at least one minor front end collision)

carfax is useless, but pretty funny to read sometimes if you're a horrible nerd.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Kastein and I did that yesterday to cut up an impreza and drop off a transmission to iforge.

gently caress.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Oh my god, bless your hearts.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

It was actually a really fun trip. And we almost died in CT, two cars off the road black ice. Chuggin' along tap the pedal in 2nd and awd tire spin.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Slow is Fast posted:

Kastein and I did that yesterday to cut up an impreza and drop off a transmission to iforge.

gently caress.

To think I thought my one day round trip to Utica was bad (about 10.5 hours). gently caress.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Holy poo poo I dint realize you guys were going there for just the day, jesus. Thats funny as hell.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fart Pipe posted:

Holy poo poo I dint realize you guys were going there for just the day, jesus. Thats funny as hell.

Same, I figured they'd be staying for a night and then heading back. Longass road trips are great, especially in the winter, but maybe I'm insane. Glad you guys made it back ok.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

New England is getting a new racetrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6DxupO2o8

It makes me think of a mini Mount Panorama with all that elevation change. But the rocks, trees and general scenery are New England as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

That is like 25 miles from my house. Who wants to watch me get out of an upside down MJ wrapped around a tree?

e: Here's a rendered map, they are going counterclockwise.

kastein fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 30, 2014

• Locked thread