Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Hey boneheads:

With the next series of the Painting Oath Thread coming up fast, those of us feverishly engaged in the planning are wondering whether any of you out there who have spares, duplicates, or simply feel you might be able to part with any Bones, might be willing to contribute to a reaper grab bag, to be distributed as prizes to thread winners (possibly as a random monthly prize, possibly as a manufacturer-specific prize, we're not sure yet).

I'm already probably going to pledge at least one big mini and possible a bunch of smaller ones to get the pot started.

Let me know on iamthespaceinvader at gmail if you think you might be able to contribute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I'm at ReaperCon presently. I've seen some of the minis that they've produced for the Kickstarter, and they're pretty damned rad.

They also have a full-sized resin Nethyrmaul. They had to shrink him down to compensate for the massiveness that was Kaladrax, so the original sculpt was about 150% bigger than the bones figure.

They only made 14. Still thinking on whether or not I want to grab one.

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
Nethyrmaul was absolutely my favorite thing to come out of the first kickstarter. I would totally go for a big version, if I had the funds and opportunity.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
They're going for about two hundred bucks. I'm thinking that if there are any left on Sunday, I'll grab one to resell. I don't want to take away someone else's opportunity here at the Con, but I figure by Sunday, they've had plenty of chances to grab it, so it'll be fair game then.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
For all of you who need an excuse to paint your mountains of Bonezzzz...

:siren: Oath Season 5 is go! :siren:

Come hang out, chill with other painting goons, and maybe win some prizes!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

For all of you who need an excuse to paint your mountains of Bonezzzz...

:siren: Oath Season 5 is go! :siren:

Come hang out, chill with other painting goons, and maybe win some prizes!

Yes, do this! The rules have been simplified this year, there's a bunch of prize support, and there's no "minimum oath" so you can just oath a single figure to paint in a whole month if you want to. Easy! Do it! You all have hundreds of Bones to get painted, and this will help you get motivated to get them done.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

You might even win some of them as prizes! I know several goons, including myself, have pledged duplicates or unwanted parts of our bones 1 haul for prizes. Not sure exactly what shape that'll be, but it will be something.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Crossposting from the oath thread, I converted my Wyrmgear into a Black Legion Maulerfiend for 40k:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I really must crosspost my bones more, I don't like this thread lying fallow...

I'll try to get round to posting some good pics soon.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
So they got Dragons Don't Share all painted up nicely in the KS newsletter:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Stoked I'm in line to get a set of that.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Likewise.

Also the fact that they are all facing away from the dragon in dramatic outward poses makes me want to believe that the dragon is part of their party. :3:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If he is, well, he's gonna keep all the treasure.

Anyway

thespaceinvader posted:

a lovely coincidence for me, I finally got around to painting one of my Bones! This guy is proxying as a Tomb Kings Liche Priest. I hacked up his base in order to fancy up a standard square warhammer base with some bones and beetles and sand. I did him as part of an Oath.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

thespaceinvader posted:

I'll try to get round to posting some good pics soon.

I went a little crazy last month.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Anyone else tried painting up the Pathfinder iconics? She had a little bit of the alien-face going on her sculpt, but I think I managed to highlight it enough to get around that.

Has anyone figured out how to properly paint Bones swords without them looking kind of off, though?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iris of Ether posted:

Anyone else tried painting up the Pathfinder iconics? She had a little bit of the alien-face going on her sculpt, but I think I managed to highlight it enough to get around that.

Has anyone figured out how to properly paint Bones swords without them looking kind of off, though?

the problem is they are too thick and sometimes lumpy. You are painting a rod to look like a sword so you better be good at NMM.
I file them smoother and little bit thinner. I would just replace them with shaped plasticard if I was serious.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, the swords are often iffy. Where possible I've been replacing them, but annoying the one really good one I had broke (very thin resin plus storage in my dice cup D:) not iffy enough to be problematic though I don't think.

You did a great job on the face there Iris.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah, the swords are often iffy. Where possible I've been replacing them, but annoying the one really good one I had broke (very thin resin plus storage in my dice cup D:) not iffy enough to be problematic though I don't think.

You did a great job on the face there Iris.

Thanks! The nose on the sculpt is really, really shallow, so I felt I needed to put some extra work in on it to avoid the whole nose-less alien look. :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
More Bones:

It's hard to tell from the photo, but the tombstone was painted up like green granite, and nearly all the bronze sections have been painted as oxidized. This was a fun sculpt!

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Achievement unlocked: Double Dungeon Attack

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Really nicely done there. I should get some more bones painted.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I kept meaning to xpost my Bones more, so here's my latest Oath.

Gravedigger!

Gravedigger is a great mini.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did starwarssexparrot or whatever is name was ever sell all those Bones he bought? I'm thinking of getting rid of my whole Bones vampie pledge version 1 if there is still a market for it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'd definitely buy parts.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

thespaceinvader posted:

I kept meaning to xpost my Bones more, so here's my latest Oath.

Gravedigger!

Gravedigger is a great mini.

That is loving amazing. Great work.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just realized it's gonna be September soon, and you know what that means. Y'all got all your bones from last time painted? :v:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bad Munki posted:

Just realized it's gonna be September soon, and you know what that means. Y'all got all your bones from last time painted? :v:

not even loving close! bring em on!

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

I've painted the rats, kobolds, goblins and skeletons...

Too busy with all the other bits of this hobby (AD&D) to get around to painting them. Mapping, writing stuff up, Hirst Arts dungeon stuff, programming, etc. I hardly ever get around to actually sitting down and painting.

I need to buy some more storage racks. I've got two of these: http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/tool-storage/storage-racks-containers/26-combo-storage-cabinet/p-1456187-c-9189.htm

Two hold all my Kickstarter1 stuff, plus the Heroquest and Dragonstrike figures I've had, plus a bunch of other random ones I've bought over the years. They don't hold the huge things, I just have the giants, dragons and such sitting around on shelves. Might need to get another one or two of them.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Bad Munki posted:

I'm painting as fast as I can, boss! :stonk:

I bought into Orcpocalypse, so with the 6 orcs that are in the default pledge, that's 26 orcs. I think I've gotten through 17 of them. I have no desire to paint fur or chainmail for the immediate future.

At least I'm through all my kobolds and rats, though. :sun:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I painted one! In June.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I never backed Bones I, but my Bones II is going to arrive same time as my Deadzone wave 2 and possible some Robotech oh jeebas what have I done :derp:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

I've done maybe 15, mostly big ones, but I'm only getting a dozen or so models from Bones 2. Zero-sum game ftw.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm just getting Mouslings.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
A friend talked me into Mouslings, and now I'm looking forward to them nearly the most. I also think that aboleth sea monster is gonna be awesome.

Michael's had 6" diameter wood circles on sale, so I'm prepped and ready for my tarrasque. :getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't even remember everything I got but it's a lot. The core plus I think two of the three big add-ons? I didn't get the one with the tardis. Plus a fair number of the smaller add-ons.

I could go look it all up but it's going to be fun being semi-surprised when all my new toys show up.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is there somewhere to look your order up? I'm not quite as patient.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yep: https://ks.reapermini.com/

I, too, couldn't help it:

2013 Core Set
Lords of Darkness
Unleash the Kraken!
Oh, Rats!
Gelatinous Cube
Greater Demons
Water Elementals x2
Hill Giants
Demon Lords
Devils
Master Series Paint Set
Expansion Set 1
Bag 'O Bases x3
Master Series Paint Set 2
Numenera Monsters
Expansion Set 2
Mashaaf, Great Old One
Khanjira, the World Breaker
Dragons Don't Share
Thank You Set

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Just got the core, myself, for monetary reasons. Can't wait.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm sad that I didn't get the demon minotaur, but I apparently made up for that by getting way too much other great stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
2013 Core Set
Mouslings
Unleash the Kraken!
Gelatinous Cube
Water Elementals
Khanjira, the World Breaker
Expansion Set 1

I was trying to stay within a marginally reasonable price window this time, so I ended up cutting out a lot of neat minis. On the other hand, they won't be too bad to purchase later.

Now to confirm that my buddy still intends to buy the second Khanjira off of me.

• Locked thread