Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Boywhiz88 posted:

Holy poo poo, reading that last quote in the post before yours in Charlie's voice really drove that home. We need to get Charlie Day to just read Palin speeches.

Palin goes America all over everybody's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
There should be hordes of smartass twitter people dedicated to hounding Hannity about his waterboarding dodge whenever he posts anything. He'd totally fall for it.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Rock, flag, and eagle -- Sarah Palin

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Sephyr posted:

There should be hordes of smartass twitter people dedicated to hounding Hannity about his waterboarding dodge whenever he posts anything. He'd totally fall for it.

#waterboardseanhannity

Someone get on this.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

StandardVC10 posted:

#waterboardseanhannity

Someone get on this.
... Hm? Did someone say :goon:?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

joeburz posted:

screamo is more than 8 years old
:goonsay:

Yeah man, haven't y'all heard the White Album?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah the Sarah Palin network is really just driving onward to insanity, what even is this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0snOYD0aLA

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah the Sarah Palin network is really just driving onward to insanity, what even is this poo poo:

OBAMA'S AMERICA!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Uhh...Jeb Bush 2016? :stare:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I think it's actually more coherent than anything Sarah Palin has ever hoped to say.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

What does a British sketch show from a couple years ago have to do with the Sarah Palin network?
:confused:

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

It really can't be understated how much of a lame insecure dork Hannity is. He's like an 8 on the 0-to-Allen West scale. It's hilarious when he starts gloating about his martial arts personal trainer on his radio show.

Is it the same person who taught George Zimmerman all of his sick MMA moves because I can totally imagine Hannity tracking that guy down and giving him a job in weird solidarity.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A lot of these dudes are ridiculously insecure. Try to listening to Michael Savage and see how long he goes without massaging his ego. He can't go like five minutes without saying how he's the first to report some made-up bullshit or that his ratings are so amazing and totally beat whatever childish pet name he's invented this week for Rush or Hannity. He has a massive chip on his shoulder about spending his whole radio career in the shadow of Rush. And once Fox News got larger, he started losing listeners to Hannity, Beck, and others as well, which only further wounded his fragile ego. O'Reilly is a similar sort of dude: he'll go on about how his genitals ratings are so huge and everyone else sucks!

I think the only person who isn't a insecure little child is basically Rush because he knows he is king of the assholes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eh, Rush's whole "proven to be 99.5% factually correct on every single thing ever uttered on the program" and literally saying he's smarter than everyone else kinda rings hollow. I'd still say it's insecurity.

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

Rush is pretty much the Baghdad Bob of global warming denial now. "Here's a study I haven't bothered to read, that says it was warm somewhere in the world. A Fox News poll says global warming belief is at an all time low. We got them right where we want them."

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
The insecurity is audience massage. You're listening to the guy with all the real answers!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Eh, Rush's whole "proven to be 99.5% factually correct on every single thing ever uttered on the program" and literally saying he's smarter than everyone else kinda rings hollow. I'd still say it's insecurity.

Rush is an old school 70's disc jockey, that's some sort of schtick a 70's disc jockey would make up.

He even invented the "EXCELLENCE IN BROADCASTING" moniker while being a DJ for some station in Pittsburgh.

His skills in that regard are very, very admirable.

He has other issues though, and those are far more easy to document than him doing his thing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What about Mark Levin? Just as insecure? He's got the screeching banshee act down for sure.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mark Levin seems like he would get his own category of crazy, I can't say I've heard anyone quite like him.

I've never really gotten the impression that he trumps himself up like the others, he just is.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Manuel Calavera posted:

What about Mark Levin? Just as insecure? He's got the screeching banshee act down for sure.

Insecure is not a sufficient description for Levin. He clearly feels nothing but hate and condescension. He's one of those guys that was picked on real bad at some point and became determined to get any power he could so he could use it to grind down anyone he perceives as having slighted him. He's spite incarnate, and while it was originally based in insecurity, it has become something else entirely.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Who's right wing media husband is this?

Dana Loesch's husband Chris Loesch

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

He's so edgy and rebellious I don't know if I can take it.

Am I crazy or is there a right winger giving a speech every time I turn on C-Span?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Dr. Strange, conservative.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Rush is an old school 70's disc jockey, that's some sort of schtick a 70's disc jockey would make up.

He even invented the "EXCELLENCE IN BROADCASTING" moniker while being a DJ for some station in Pittsburgh.

He has other issues though, and those are far more easy to document than him doing his thing.

Glenn Beck cut his radio teeth as a morning zoo crew jockey in Connecticut, crank calling auto body shops and asking for headlight fluid, poo poo like that.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Glenn Beck cut his radio teeth as a morning zoo crew jockey in Connecticut, crank calling auto body shops and asking for headlight fluid, poo poo like that.

You can't mention this without also mentioning the zenith of his morning radio career.

Salon Hit Piece posted:

The animosity between Beck and Kelly continued to deepen. When Beck and Hattrick produced a local version of Orson Welles’ “War of the Worlds” for Halloween — a recurring motif in Beck’s life and career — Kelly told a local reporter that the bit was a stupid rip-off of a syndicated gag. The slight outraged Beck, who got his revenge with what may rank as one of the cruelest bits in the history of morning radio. “A couple days after Kelly’s wife, Terry, had a miscarriage, Beck called her live on the air and says, ‘We hear you had a miscarriage,’ ” remembers Brad Miller, a former Y95 DJ and Clear Channel programmer. “When Terry said, ‘Yes,’ Beck proceeded to joke about how Bruce [Kelly] apparently can’t do anything right — about he can’t even have a baby.”

http://www.salon.com/2009/09/22/glenn_beck_two/

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NBC has decided to replace Gregory, maybe, with exactly who D&D wants.

quote:

According to Politico's most famous (and best-connected) reporter, NBC's White House correspondent Chuck Todd has been tapped as the likely replacement for the much-maligned David Gregory on "Meet the Press."

I don't see why they can't just get Jon Stewart and be done with all this.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Glenn Beck was saying he predicted the ISIS caliphate business this morning.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sir Tonk posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Looks like a huge goober.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BuckT.Trend posted:

I can't take a screen shot, but one of YouTube's suggested videos on that Palin clip was the infamous Miss Teen USA video - the one about "U.S. Americans" and finding Iraq on a map.

It would probably be easier for Americans to find Iraq on a map if :foxnews: could label a map correctly:

:downs:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

BrandorKP posted:

Glenn Beck was saying he predicted the ISIS caliphate business this morning.
He's been howling at the moon about a global caliphate since Obama was elected. It's like one of those Nostradamus predictions that is so vague that you can read what you want into it once the smallest of pieces in your web of :beck: start to mesh together

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

It would probably be easier for Americans to find Iraq on a map if :foxnews: could label a map correctly:

:downs:

Are you sure this isn't a photoshop? Everyone knows where Egypt is.

Right? :ohdear:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Doubtful. I stole it from this thread months ago.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Are you sure this isn't a photoshop? Everyone knows where Egypt is.

Right? :ohdear:

oldie but goldie:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You can't find Iraq on a map because it's actually a place in our hearts.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Phone posted:

You can't find Iraq on a map because it's actually a place in our hearts.

Perhaps the WMDs were inside us all along :allears:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Sir Tonk posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't see why they can't just get Rachel Maddow and have a show worth watching.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Hasters posted:

I don't see why they can't just get Rachel Maddow and have a show worth watching.

Because nobody goes on MTP expecting to be called on their bullshit. They go on to have their asses kissed as Very Serious People.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

From all the stuff I've read about the decline of right-wing talk radio, people forgot that part of why Rush was popular is that he knew his radio stuff. When clones started popping up, they only looked at the right-wing part and not the know how to entertain on radio part.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Aren't right-wing radio ratings tanking these days? Like isn't Rush one of the bottom rated shows on his network now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wow, what the gently caress? Daily Kos managed to make me laugh, in re: Palins Warren response

quote:

And what's with the crazy eye shifts? Is she keeping a wary eye on an off-camera swarm of bees? "Just ignore the bees, Sarah, we've tried everything and can't get rid of them. You're on in 5, 4, 3..."