Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Valt posted:

Looks like a bunch of normal people riding decently customized bikes with some nice vintage stuff interspersed.

Oh does it? What makes a bike decently customized, I'm curious ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

HNasty posted:

Oh does it? What makes a bike decently customized, I'm curious ?

To me they seem like someone put some actual effort into most of the ones I saw.

Anyways this is a silly derail to even begin.

So have a picture of a alcohol burning turbo charged big bore cb750. Documented at over 170 mph

Valt fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 11, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Valt posted:

Looks like a bunch of normal people riding decently customized bikes with some nice vintage stuff interspersed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Valt posted:

To me they seem like someone put some actual effort into most of the ones I saw.

Actual effort was put into this monstrosity, but it still looks like a poo poo piece of poo poo.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Here are a few images from this weekend's Red Bull MotoGP run. I shot 1500 images over the weekend and will probably never sort them all, but these stuck out during my first pass through.

Indianapolis in the distance. The rain held off all weekend, save for a few sprinkles here and there.

Marquez during free practice on Saturday

Rossi at the close of the qualifying, from inside turn one

Pedrosa as well

Get that elbow down, son.

Harley XR1200 race Saturday evening

Marshall overheated and passed out, initially I thought he was having a heart attack

Moto3 race start

Please refrain from break dancing while participating in a Moto3 race

MotoGP race start

Rossi leading Dovi and Marquez on one of the early laps

Rossi, Lorenzo, and Marquez coming out of turn one

Marquez out in front, which seems inevitable any more

Stefan Bradl's bike decided it didn't want to be ridden any more

Looks expensive

These chucklefucks left fairing on the outside of the line in turn one for two laps. The crowd in my stand let them know their displeasure.

Marquez in the lead

...and with the win!

Lorenzo and Marquez bump it out

Colin Edwards on his last lap at Indy

NeuralSpark fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 11, 2014

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
So HNasty, you don't like the hipster/cafe bike culture. As a paid up member of CA, you think the Harley culture is stupid. You almost certainly think chopper/OCC culture is stupid.

What's the one true WAY TO LIKE BIKES, then?

Also, be sure to include how you have to look while riding the correct style of bike. Like a Power Ranger, amirite?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Backov posted:

So HNasty, you don't like the hipster/cafe bike culture. As a paid up member of CA, you think the Harley culture is stupid. You almost certainly think chopper/OCC culture is stupid.

Also, be sure to include how you have to look while riding the correct style of bike. Like a Power Ranger, amirite?

"well if you don't like lovely cafes, choppers or harleys, what else is there? HUURRRRRRRR"

Lol, this guy. You just listed the 3 of worst types of motorcycles. Yes they're all terrible. Now do you really need me to explain to that there is an entire wonderful world of motorcycling outside of those 3 lovely examples? This isn't me preaching about the one true way, it's mostly just me pointing out the one or two really stupid ways and making jokes.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Backov posted:

I like bikes that are decent to ride :shrug:

Fwiw most of my non-commuting riding has me in helmet+gloves+jacket with jeans and work boots, unless I'm deliberately going out for a massive thrash. I have a textile jacket, a leather spaceman jacket/suit, and a mesh jacket that I haven't used yet because it's winter here.

Those bikes are fundamentally lovely and stupid because they exist so that the owners can be part of a 'culture' and just show off about how cool they all are standing still. Beards don't make you a better rider. Half helmets are provably, statistically, massively less safe than full-face helmets. Retarded handlebars don't make the bike nicer to ride. Moronic balloon tyres on 70's UJM's don't make the bike nicer to ride.

All of that poo poo is a fad. Bikes are fun because they're fun to ride. The hipster and chopper thingies are just a way for people to think they're part of some special cool dudes club where dorks aren't allowed.

FWIW I think the guys who park up outside the coffee shop on their R1 with their VR46 helmet and their yamaha leathers are just as stupid; they should be out actually riding the loving thing.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Backov posted:

Well step 1 is giving a lot less of a poo poo about whether you're toeing the line on a 'culture' and more about the vrooma zoom zoom

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Snowdens Secret posted:

Well step 1 is giving a lot less of a poo poo about whether you're toeing the line on a 'culture' and more about the vrooma zoom zoom

That was exactly my point, and the opposite of what HNasty is doing.

My roommate is a young motorcycle chick, just getting her license. She calls my awesome little 1964 90cc motorcycle "not a real motorcycle" because it's under 600cc and not a sportbike. That's HNasty with a vagina.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Show us a pic of your super totally awesome '64 90cc motorcycle.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
There is nothing wrong with old bikes.

There is nothing wrong with modifying old bikes.

So long as you're not making them worse.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Backov posted:

My roommate is a young motorcycle chick, just getting her license. She calls my awesome little 1964 90cc motorcycle "not a real motorcycle" because it's under 600cc and not a sportbike. That's HNasty with a vagina.

Can you link your friend to CA? Sounds like she'd fit in well here.

Also I'm interested in hearing your definition of "sportbike" because it sounds to me like it is a motorcycle that isn't a vintage café racer/chopper/cruiser.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Backov posted:

You just ride them.

You can tell when someone does more video editing than riding:

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Ripoff posted:

Also I'm interested in hearing your definition of "sportbike" because it sounds to me like it is a motorcycle that isn't a vintage café racer/chopper/cruiser.

The stupid is strong here.

Only about half the people responding noticed that I didn't actually take a position. I was asking HNasty to elaborate on his, helping him by eliminating the ones he's already said he thinks are stupid.

I personally will never have a bike so pretty or so rare that I can't ride the poo poo out of it. I'm not a collector.

As for my 1964 CD90 Benly, I've posted pics before. If you really give a poo poo, do a GIS or find the pics I posted.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

Backov posted:

Only about half the people responding noticed that I didn't actually take a position.

Backov posted:

1964 CD90 Benly
Your position is pretty strong here.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Chichevache posted:

Actual effort was put into this monstrosity, but it still looks like a poo poo piece of poo poo.

Look at this guy who doesn't like a motorcycle.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As a rider of an old 90cc bike, I

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I have no problem with a CD90, those are awesome looking little bikes. But Backov strongly implied that removing the fenders, putting Z-bars on it and riding around with a novelty metalflake 3/4 might not be a bad idea. It's a bad idea and you're a bad person if you do it.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Backov posted:

That was exactly my point, and the opposite of what HNasty is doing.

You're a loving moron and have no idea what I think, also can you give me her digits?

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
edit: quote is not edit.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Backov posted:

FFS, I in no way implied that. Learn to read. I lovingly resto'ed my 50 year old bike.

HNasty posted:

You're a loving moron and have no idea what I think, also can you give me her digits?

Thanks bud, you mad?

And you realize that I was asking you to outline your views? Instead of doing that, you just implied that since I was saying that you didn't like those things, I must.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You have read hnastys title text, right?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Backov posted:

Thanks bud, you mad?

And you realize that I was asking you to outline your views? Instead of doing that, you just implied that since I was saying that you didn't like those things, I must.

I didn't imply anything, the way you frame your questions is a dead give away that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Your roomate sounds must be a very cool/attractive person :)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Backov posted:

The stupid is strong here.

As for my 1964 CD90 Benly, I've posted pics before. If you really give a poo poo, do a GIS or find the pics I posted.

he said, in the pictures thread

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

As a rider of an old 90cc bike, I

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
This dude is legit angry at all of CA right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm usually with Mattydiah Silly-Balls about HNasty posting, but you loving weird dude.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Dubious.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Guys I have a dumb hipstery style-centric TW200 but I also have two other bikes practically modded for their use. Am I always a horrible person or only when I'm puttering around town on my slow fancy bike thats only good for looks?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How about this? Ride what you like and do what you like and dont give a gently caress

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Motorcycles are stupid and so is everyone who rides one.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

titanium posted:

Am I always a horrible person or only when I'm puttering around town on my slow fancy bike thats only good for looks?

Did you do the mods or was it like that when you bought it? Pic?

[you are probably a horrible person]

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How about this? Ride what you like and do what you like and dont give a gently caress

your an ididot motorcy clein is about bitches and lookin fly.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
It's about lap times*

*Commute

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

apatite posted:

Did you do the mods or was it like that when you bought it? Pic?

[you are probably a horrible person]

I did everything but the swing arm, tires, and the headlight.

But I also have this for fast/fun runs (those were new tires and the bike was new the strips are gone)

And this for commutes and sprints around town.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

titanium posted:

I did everything but the swing arm, tires, and the headlight.

I think it looks cool, maybe the headlight is too big though? Have you considered putting on some dual round headlights or something?

edit: is the tank chromed or just polished steel catching the sunlight? Looks nice.

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

It's not as bad as a similar tw200 I was making fun of on irc earlier and judging by your other bikes you are not an offroad type of rider. Don't mind my irrational love/hate for TWs, mine is like an abusive alcoholic spouse... no matter how much it hurts me I just want it to love me :shepicide:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Its fun to make fun of hipster videos that try to make restoring/modding older bikes into something serious or emphasize the ~~tangible connection to the past~~ or ~~authenticity~~ of old bikes, but CA's raging hatred for anything old or old modified bikes is getting a little tedious.

Automotive Insanity doesn't get like that with cars, even though hipsters like old cars too, why does this bother CA so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

IM A MORE REAL RIDER THAN YOU gently caress YOU BUDDY