Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Abandon posted:

high rock sucks several pounds of poo poo in eso, it's completely without personality
i'm playing in valenwood at the moment and i am actually finding myself almost getting into it as a setting, like with skyrim. got faint flashes of memories of exploring the woods as a kid. but high rock just blows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
are there imga in TESO or did they suck all the personality out of Valenwood too?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
How much of the lore of Valenwood did they just completely loving disregard for TES:O? All of it? I suspect all of it, except 'it has trees', probably.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
every tree in valenwood has been replaced by a medieval european castle. imga are now dragons. also they have tits

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
if you read a dance in fire and then played teso and went to valenwood, would you even suspect they were the same place

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I could swear I remember something from before release about TESO having a secret FOURTH member of the Tribunal

so at least whatever they've done to Valenwood isn't as dumb as that

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

The Sharmat posted:

I could swear I remember something from before release about TESO having a secret FOURTH member of the Tribunal

so at least whatever they've done to Valenwood isn't as dumb as that
haha I don't believe that

no one is that stupid, even your typical game developer/writer/whatever

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
https://help.elderscrollsonline.com...unal-feature-in

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I want to find who's responsible for that and tattoo my avatar to their forehead

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
ALMSIVIOTH, outlander (ALMalexia, Sotha SIl, VIvec, OTHer Guy)

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Hey guys you liked dagoth ur right? Well, :razz:

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Kilroy posted:

if you read a dance in fire and then played teso and went to valenwood, would you even suspect they were the same place

nah not really, it's not a thick jungle with giant flowers and poo poo, it's just got lots of giant trees with undergrowth between. it's an mmo, you have to leave space for people to run around, you coulnd't have a thick forest you have to hack through and stuff. i can tolerate somewhere being a bad rendition of what a place is meant to be like in the lore as long as it does what it does decently. the only area that really pisses me off in eso is cyrodiil, it's of course not jungle and throws all the elder scrolls stuff out of the window, it's just totally generic medieval castle poo poo, and it sucks rear end in general.

Abandon fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 11, 2014

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
isn't it kinda hard to pretend to be the fourth guy in the TRIbunal

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
CHIM or something

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

yeah, I heard of CHIM, really good bad i listened to a little in high school

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

the tribunal, CHIM Il Sung, CHIM Jong Il, CHIM Jong un

Dec 26, 2012

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

isn't it kinda hard to pretend to be the fourth guy in the TRIbunal

they were gonna change the name but the quadbunal didnt have the same ring to it

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

honestly idg how can anyone look at other games in the series and not think that morrowind was a giant fluke that has zero chance of ever happening again. every game since has been pushing to imitate lotr as close as possible, every even remotely interesting piece of lore has been retconned or ignored. because see, what people want from fantasy is wander around european deciduous forests and shoot fireballs at dragons (tbh, that's probably what people actually want).

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I've pretty much accepted that I'm a Morrowind fan, not an Elder Scrolls fan.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

The Sharmat posted:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

great quote, really speaks to me as a person

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

The Sharmat posted:

Yeah, this.

We need Morrowind 2, but to be honest Bethesda would probably just gently caress it up by transforming it to a boring medieval European setting without even having any good lore to go with it.

I know this is the Morrowind thread but has anyone tried Daggerfall, is it fun?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
daggerfall is wackier than morrowind by far but it's not very fun

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

morrowind is broken in a good way, but daggerfall is mostly broken in bad ways while sometimes funny

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Doctor Goat posted:

daggerfall is worse than morrowind in Weird poo poo
from patchlogs:
Final patch:

-When you are infected by a werewolf, you now become a werewolf instead
of a wereboar.
-You will no longer start the game with negative spell points after
you created your character. The problem with the negative hit points
still exists however.

Earlier ones:
-Illegally bashing down doors no longer gives you a revered legal
reputation when you are caught.
-Randomly created monsters in quests now always have their
items equipped. They should be more challenging now
-The Create Item spell has been updated. It no longer creates items
that do not exist in the game.
-Equipping the Wabberjack no longer crashes the game.
-The bug where instead of having to pay money to summon Daedra, you
get paid money has been fixed. You will no longer get paid to
do this.
-The skeleton no longer walks backwards.
-The Dark Brotherhood no longer offers the same quests as the
Fighters Guild.

How to steal in Daggerfall:
Go to a shop
Wait x number of hours without the guards noticing. The shop will close and the shopkeeper will remain in there, but you can now steal off the shelves
Steal everything off the shelves, sell it to the shopkeeper who has been watching you awkwardly for the whole time
find another store

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Aw, nuts. So Morrowind is the only really good one after all.

Hmm. maybe Arena... hahahahaha... no...

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I think Morrowind 2 would just see Bethesda poorly aping the most shallow characteristics of the setting (giant bugs and mushrooms everywhere) while totally missing what really made it good in the first place.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Pyandonea has the potential of being morrowind 2, since its an island populated by weird elves ruled by an immortal god-king. or maybe Morrowind during the war of the first council (playable dwemer anyone?). or something based on Kirkbride's 5th era stuff with time travelling cyberelves and fantasy space exploration. or do something interesting with argonians, who're supposed to be these sexually ambiguous weirdos perpetually high on sentient tree sap.

But lol, never gonna happen

The Sharmat posted:

I think Morrowind 2 would just see Bethesda poorly aping the most shallow characteristics of the setting (giant bugs and mushrooms everywhere) while totally missing what really made it good in the first place.

so basically, dragonborn dlc: the game

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

grate deceiver posted:

so basically, dragonborn dlc: the game

lmbo dragonborn dlc sucked a guar cock

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

well ya, that's my point

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

grate deceiver posted:

well ya, that's my point

sorry i just saw the words "morrowind" and "dragonborn dlc" and any time someone compares them i get a little mad and chuckle a little

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think the one where you play some sort of cool pirate in Stros M'kai was supposed to be good.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

greatest patch notes ever

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

this is a dumb loving mod i made in 20 seconds to mess with a guy complaining about the spell failure sound

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w4uwqgrlzzndiu1/tim_grunt.zip

replaces all spell failure sounds with tim allen grunt. yeah the tim allen grunt is overdone but idc
extract to data files

mbt fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 11, 2014

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Much like TES this thread has fallen from lofty heights of the first couple dozen pages, this threads morrowind if you will, and has become boring and generic.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Man Whore posted:

Much like TES this thread has fallen from lofty heights of the first couple dozen pages, this threads morrowind if you will, and has become boring and generic.

send it into oblivion

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Man Whore posted:

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Man Whore posted:

bonzibuddy's contributions contridct you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

bonzibuddy represents the popularity the TES series gained with Oblivion that keeps its shambling corpse alive.

• Locked thread