Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wow, what the gently caress? Daily Kos managed to make me laugh, in re: Palins Warren response

It's clear to me that she's keeping a sharp eye on Todd, who is carrying her opium laden purse. Wouldn't want anything happen to the stash...TODD DON'T LEAVE MY PURSE THERE! PICK IT BACK UP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Or possibly Trip fiddling with a pill bottle that she is wondering if she closed tight enough to activate the child-proofing mechanism.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

Nenonen posted:

oldie but goldie:

What exactly is the context of this map? Did I miss that time Romania was threatening the invade the Czech republic?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wow, what the gently caress? Daily Kos managed to make me laugh, in re: Palins Warren response

I think "an off-camera swarm of bees" is going to be my new explanation whenever anyone is looking away from the camera regardless of context.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/james-okeefe-crossing-border-osama-bin-laden

Oh no, O'Keefe is back and he's blowing the lid off border security! Watch as Osama Bin Laden crosses the Rio Grande!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB37TCDcZBg

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is it too ghoulish to not care if he was accidentally shot by an over-zealous border guard?

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Sir Tonk posted:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/james-okeefe-crossing-border-osama-bin-laden

Oh no, O'Keefe is back and he's blowing the lid off border security! Watch as Osama Bin Laden crosses the Rio Grande!

Ever since Breitbart keeled over he's like Spielberg without Verna Fields.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't wish this kind of ill on anyone but I have to admit I would've had a laugh if I saw a headline about James O'Keefe dressed as Bin Laden shot while crossing the Mexican border.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

James O'Keefe is directly responsible for shutting down a large organization that helped underprivileged people gain access to healthcare, voting rights, and other basic human rights. He can be shot and killed in the Mexican desert for all I care.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Sir Tonk posted:

This person has already had more influence over the direction this country is taking than any of us ever will.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dr Christmas posted:

This person has already had more influence over the direction this country is taking than any of us ever will.

It's not hard to have a lot of influence if you're even barely charismatic and willing to tell despicable untruths on behalf of wealthy donors. The tricky thing is wielding power while maintaining your integrity.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Rorus Raz posted:

I think the only person who isn't a insecure little child is basically Rush because he knows he is king of the assholes.

Truly, it is better to reign in hell. I suppose :geno:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

From all the stuff I've read about the decline of right-wing talk radio, people forgot that part of why Rush was popular is that he knew his radio stuff. When clones started popping up, they only looked at the right-wing part and not the know how to entertain on radio part.

Yes.

Rush Limbaugh isn't popular because he has right wing politics (though that certainly helps), he became popular because he's good at hosting a radio program.

Very much in the same way Howard Stern made millions off of making dirty jokes on the radio, Rush Limbaugh knew how to do the same thing, but with saying terrible opinions.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nyarlothotep posted:

What exactly is the context of this map? Did I miss that time Romania was threatening the invade the Czech republic?

No idea, that's like ten years old. I just figure they don't pay the people who make graphics for news too well.

This one on the other hand is recent, or maybe not?

On the other hand, maybe it's not all the fault of mainstream media?
http://www.mzv.cz/washington/en/czech_u_s_relations/news/statement_of_the_ambassador_of_the_czech.html

quote:

Statement of the Ambassador of the Czech Republic on the Boston terrorist attack

19.04.2013 / 21:27

As many I was deeply shocked by the tragedy that occurred in Boston earlier this month. It was a stark reminder of the fact that any of us could be a victim of senseless violence anywhere at any moment.

As more information on the origin of the alleged perpetrators is coming to light, I am concerned to note in the social media a most unfortunate misunderstanding in this respect. The Czech Republic and Chechnya are two very different entities - the Czech Republic is a Central European country; Chechnya is a part of the Russian Federation.

As the President of the Czech Republic Miloš Zeman noted in his message to President Obama, the Czech Republic is an active and reliable partner of the United States in the fight against terrorism. We are determined to stand side by side with our allies in this respect, there is no doubt about that.

Petr Gandalovič
Ambassador of the Czech Republic

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I just saw Neil loving Cavuto rambling on about three groups of rich people that refused to leave any sort of inheritance for their children and how "THEY'RE DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT"

He then went on a rant against his own children about how he was never going to leave them a single thing, and then followed it up by saying "JUST BE LUCKY YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE BILL FOR YOUR MOM AND DAD'S LAST CRUISE" (implying you know...when they're near death).

The epitome of "gently caress you, got mine" right there.

Look, I understand not wanting to create the next generation of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashians of the world, but at the same time, I just fail to see why you would remotely treat your own children like that, and encourage others to do the same.

So let me get this straight Neil, if your kids are in their 20's, and are dying of cancer some place, you are not going to help them? That money is all yours right?

Why are you encouraging your viewers to do the same here? It's not like Joe "Middle Class Republican" is going to create and breed some brand of monster akin to Kim Kardashian with their "meh" job?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So would Neil support raising the estate tax? Just spend all of YOUR money on what YOU want before those greedy little bastards or Obama can get their hands on it.

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Sir Tonk posted:

I want to see him try this in Israel so it would end up with getting shot.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

FuzzySkinner posted:

I just saw Neil loving Cavuto rambling on about three groups of rich people that refused to leave any sort of inheritance for their children and how "THEY'RE DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT"

He then went on a rant against his own children about how he was never going to leave them a single thing, and then followed it up by saying "JUST BE LUCKY YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE BILL FOR YOUR MOM AND DAD'S LAST CRUISE" (implying you know...when they're near death).

Look, I understand not wanting to create the next generation of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashians of the world, but at the same time, I just fail to see why you would remotely treat your own children like that, and encourage others to do the same.

So let me get this straight Neil, if your kids are in their 20's, and are dying of cancer some place, you are not going to help them? That money is all yours right?

Why are you encouraging your viewers to do the same here? It's not like Joe "Middle Class Republican" is going to create and breed some brand of monster akin to Kim Kardashian with their "meh" job?

Those kids get their maximum tax-free gift every year, plus school, car, medical, apartment, etc. and will for as long as they live. The Cavuto children have every advantage money can possibly buy, they will go to the best private schools, they will take a gap year somewhere resume-building, and they will bootstrap themselves into nice internships that are only available to people who can afford an apartment in the city on no income, with people who know dad. They aren't filling out FAFSA forms, or taking their gen. ed. courses at community college.

There is a pretty good argument for not letting your kids believe there is so much money in the trust that they can snort till their septums fall out, but they aren't growing up hard.

Slo-Tek fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 11, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Sorry I'm still not over the mental image of Neil Cavuto having sex

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Slo-Tek posted:

Those kids get their maximum tax-free gift every year, plus school, car, medical, apartment, etc. and will for as long as they live. The Cavuto children have every advantage money can possibly buy, and they will bootstrap themselves into nice internships with people who know dad. They aren't filling out FAFSA forms.

There is a pretty good argument for not letting your kids believe there is so much money in the trust that they can snort till their septums fall out, but they aren't growing up hard.

Right, but why it's puzzling is why he's kind of lecturing an audience that really doesn't remotely fit the aforementioned profile.

It makes sense for him to say it to his kids. Less so to go to Joe Middle Class, and tell him not to leave his kids a single thing on the estate.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sorry I'm still not over the mental image of Neil Cavuto having sex

Rush Limbaugh has been married four times. Four honeymoons

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

PUGGERNAUT posted:

He strikes me as the type that is into interracial cuckolding.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Conservatives do know that Osama is dead, right? Like, he is currently not a threat to the US, because he is dead.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

PUGGERNAUT posted:

But he has never had children with any of those wives, so...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

BBJoey posted:

Conservatives do know that Osama is dead, right? Like, he is currently not a threat to the US, because he is dead.

You mean the same people who occasionally like to claim there were no major terrorist attacks while Bush was in office?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

BBJoey posted:

You poor deluded fool. That's just what Obama WANTS you to think.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Not sure if this is the right thread, but someone earlier said they wondered if there was an alternate universe out there with a *liberal* version of Rush. I don't want that - I just want news without any slant. Give me the facts and let me make up my own mind.

I followed that Americans Against The Tea Party facebook group for a bit but I got sick of "watch this one weird trick to make conservative heads explode!" articles.

I don't want to be a nega-freeper I guess.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm glad that he filmed himself breaking the law.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

McDowell posted:

So would Neil support raising the estate tax? Just spend all of YOUR money on what YOU want before those greedy little bastards or Obama can get their hands on it.

Hell no. Then the government would be making him do it, and he would miss out on all the spite and self-righteousness!

It's like charity. Just paying taxes so the downtrodden can get a hot meal and maybe a shot at education is cold, impersonal tyranny. You have to get in there personally to attach all the strings you want, confirm your superiority and cement the natural order of things.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm glad that he filmed himself breaking the law.

He was literally caught wiretapping a senator's phone and nothing happened, he is above the law

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Faustian Bargain posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but someone earlier said they wondered if there was an alternate universe out there with a *liberal* version of Rush. I don't want that - I just want news without any slant. Give me the facts and let me make up my own mind.

I followed that Americans Against The Tea Party facebook group for a bit but I got sick of "watch this one weird trick to make conservative heads explode!" articles.

I don't want to be a nega-freeper I guess.

Bill Maher is the closest I can think of, but he's more of a libertarian/contrarian rear end in a top hat than pure leftist.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Facebook occasionally recommends me this really loving stupidly-titled page titled "Stop telling lies about liberals and we'll stop telling the truth about you [conservatives]". :psyduck:

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Sir Tonk posted:

My favorite comment from there:

"Did he notify his PO that he was leaving the country?"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Job Truniht posted:

I want to see him try this in Israel so it would end up with getting shot.

Look at me! I'm dressed like Bin Laden and we're going to climb the wall between Israel and *BANG*

limeincoke posted:

My favorite comment from there:

"Did he notify his PO that he was leaving the country?"

Good point, he did get parole after that federal crime didn't he?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

FuzzySkinner posted:

Right, but why it's puzzling is why he's kind of lecturing an audience that really doesn't remotely fit the aforementioned profile.

It makes sense for him to say it to his kids. Less so to go to Joe Middle Class, and tell him not to leave his kids a single thing on the estate.

They want the world to see their children to go on and be successful "totally on their own with no help at all" so they have an example to point to when they poo poo on the poor. It's the standard twisting reality to suit their needs bullshit again, really.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Faustian Bargain posted:

Is it a 50 cal? RPG?

Kilty Monroe
Dec 27, 2006

Upon the frozen fields of arctic Strana Mechty, the Ghost Dads lie in wait, preparing to ambush their prey with their zippin' and zoppin' and ziggy-zoop-boppin'.

FuzzySkinner posted:

How does anyone this selfish decide to have children at all?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Nenonen posted:

This one on the other hand is recent, or maybe not?

I give up, what's wrong with this one?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hazo posted:

I give up, what's wrong with this one?

From a glance, Czechoslovakia hasn't existed for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I figured that was it. I was looking for something to be in the wrong place like "Switzerland" in the previous image. How they correctly labeled a defunct country is beyond me.