Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Well, it's also going to be impossible for the average pubbie to hit anyone now that it's not just aiming left to right. :nignog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
game looks like brink and also garbage

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Garbage was a highly underrated game! :colbert:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

I dunno, that one older gentleman with the open shirt, gold chain, and fake tan seemed to think it was just what we asked for.

VoteTedJameson
Jan 10, 2014

And stack the four!
I'm still waiting to hear about the presence/absence of bot matches and Squads mode. I'm an internet recluse so I loved having good offline play in Ghosts. Kitting out a team was really satisfying.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Super excited, in for XIM4 and probably an xbone depending where everyone ends up. So ready to shoot a man in 3 months.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Dum Cumpster posted:

I dunno, that one older gentleman with the open shirt, gold chain, and fake tan seemed to think it was just what we asked for.

I say this without any irony that this game looks insultingly bad and the same poo poo again

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Shnakepup posted:

I want that orbital death ray so bad.

holy poo poo.. i can just imagine a team full of BOYS chain loving the map with lasers from the sky...

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

I say this without any irony that this game looks insultingly bad and the same poo poo again

So a Call of Duty title then.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

I'm really, honestly, for realz not going to buy it until I get wazzit's first week impression this time.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

All the features sound good but I didn't get very interested while watching it.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Dum Cumpster posted:

I'm really, honestly, for realz not going to buy it until I get wazzit's first week impression this time.

I'm probably going to preorder one of the fancy versions on the Bone, then be sad that I didn't wait until I got Wazzit's first week impressions.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Game looks like halo poo poo and I'm not very impressed so far.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I know it's that point in the CoD cycle but I really like what I've seen. The maps we've seen look good to me and that was one of my major problems with Ghosts. I'm really impressed with the audio as well, maybe CoD can finally rival Battlefield in the audio department.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
From what I've seen, I'm not enthused by the Exo Suit stuff. Enemies being able to throw up a shield or turn invisible turns me off. I also am not thrilled with what looks like a good bit of jumping, and it being kind of an imitation of Titanfall in that regard. That being said, I'm much more enthused for this game than I expected.

Is there somewhere to watch a recording of the presentation now that I have time to watch it? Never mind. VOD was just posted.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Stand by for Titancall!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

All the features sound good but I didn't get very interested while watching it.
...ok to be fair I don't have time right now to watch a whole match but nothing I saw really grabbed my attention.

Graphics look Ghosts PS4 quality at best, don't seem to be really pushing the hardware in multiplayer like the campaign. Also the announcers sound bored, hopefully it's placeholder stuff

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also, where's robot-Riley?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Stand by for Titancall!

That's sort of what I've been thinking when reading about the game, and most of it I don't care for. Stuff like temporary shield and invisibility, all the jumping, the supply drop stuff. I just want my three lane maps where I can mow down helpless children with my gun while they complain loudly.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

venutolo posted:

From what I've seen, I'm not enthused by the Exo Suit stuff. Enemies being able to throw up a shield or turn invisible turns me off. I also am not thrilled with what looks like a good bit of jumping, and it being kind of an imitation of Titanfall in that regard. That being said, I'm much more enthused for this game than I expected.

The invisibility thing doesn't look too bad. Seems fairly limited (only a few seconds) and you're still pretty visible. Same with the shield: only lasts for a short time and it doesn't cover you completely.

All I know is the ragdolling after melee looks funny as hell and I can't wait to be death-punching guys left and right. I'm curious as to how the ground stomp thing works too. Is it an AoE type deal or do you have to actually land on the guy?

I will say, the time-to-kill looks pretty fast. Seemed to be more than a few "turn a corner, die instantly" moments in those gameplay videos.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

venutolo posted:

Is there somewhere to watch a recording of the presentation now that I have time to watch it? Never mind. VOD was just posted.

I'm looking forward to using additional movement options against clueless pubbies. Also I doubt cloak is complete invisibility, at most it's gotta be something like the effectiveness of cloaking against pilots in Titanfall (not very). Then again :iw:

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

venutolo posted:

That's sort of what I've been thinking when reading about the game, and most of it I don't care for. Stuff like temporary shield and invisibility, all the jumping, the supply drop stuff. I just want my three lane maps where I can mow down helpless children with my gun while they complain loudly.

I'm amused by simultaneous complaints of "This is the same poo poo again" and "I hate all the new stuff".

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Shnakepup posted:

I will say, the time-to-kill looks pretty fast. Seemed to be more than a few "turn a corner, die instantly" moments in those gameplay videos.
That's what worries me. In Blops 2 TTK was high and perks like Flak Jacket all but nullified explosives because the game was built around holding objectives. Modes like Hardpoint just won't work if you die too quickly.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

A Dire Weresloth posted:

I'm amused by simultaneous complaints of "This is the same poo poo again" and "I hate all the new stuff".

Call of Duty is always going to look like Call of Duty. This one looks different though. This Call of Duty looks like a Titanfall/Halo crossbreed.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 11, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dunno how you guys are getting "Titanfall" out of this more than Crysis or Halo.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

VJeff posted:

Dunno how you guys are getting "Titanfall" out of this more than Crysis or Halo.

jumping, little jetpacks, calling down mech suits from the sky

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

VJeff posted:

It's the hoppy suits.

Really, CodAW is looking like they cherry picked features from Blops 2 (Pick 10), Halo, Crysis, Titanfall, BF4 (Supply Drops = Battle Packs, some more Blops 2, and Kevin Spacey.

I'm okay with this. I'll go on record saying it looks good.

Until we play it and hate it at which time I will edit this comment.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Reviewing the trailer, they were using shotguns a lot, and typically getting at least one headshot in on the other guns and/or not missing at all.

Also, as a reminder:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I feel like "TTK" is the new "lag comp." Guns have always killed fast in COD, this one is no different.

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
I feel like they saw the trailer for Titanfall and were like....gently caress, we better have jumpjets...and then implemented it based on what they thought titanfall would be like - not realizing the titanfall pilot movement is so much more than just jumpjets (parkour, tribes-like skiing, etc)

still...i'll probably buy it. I liked blops and its pick any 10 system

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
If the TTK does indeed turn out to be on the faster side I think I'll be fine with it due to all the new movement options.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Call of Duty is always going to look like Call of Duty. This one looks different though. This Call of Duty looks like a Titanfall/Halo crossbreed.

It still looks like Call of Duty to me. Not in a bad way, and no not in a "I don't like change!" way. It just looks similar to how I expected it to look when it was announced.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Javes posted:

If the TTK does indeed turn out to be on the faster side I think I'll be fine with it due to all the new movement options.
I didn't think of that. That will probably even it out, especially once everyone playing it starts to remember they can jump and dash instead of just sprinting around.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Re: the hoppy suit, in one video the guy runs his cloak for the full 10 seconds, and in the ~25 seconds he stays alive thereafter, it doesn't recharge at all, not one bar.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

versus posted:

Reviewing the trailer, they were using shotguns a lot, and typically getting at least one headshot in on the other guns and/or not missing at all.

Also, as a reminder:

how do you do that bar graph effect in the TTK max column?

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
Screengrab showing some weapon attachments. All the random varieties of sights you would expect, but also a "parabolic microphone" (whatever the gently caress that is)and the description for Dual Magazine implies that you lose whatever bullets were left in a magazine when you reload.

Also, someone's already compiled a list of perks and abilities shown in the trailer.

quote:

PERKS
Tier 1:
Lightweight - increase movement speed
Low Profile - invisible to UAVs and Tracking Rounds
Danger Close - increased explosive and scorestreak damage
Overcharged - extends your Exo Ability battery life and shocks enemies on impact of a boost slam
Flak Jacket - reduce damage taken from explosives. No slowdown from explosive damage. Reset grenade times on throwback.

Tier 2:
Peripherals - increases mini-map coverage. Take out enemies without displaying death icons.
Blind Eye - undetectable by tracking drones, explosive drones, and all scorestreaks except the UAV
Cold Blooded - immune to thermal, target enhancer, threat grenade, and enemy call outs. No name displayed or reticle color change when enemies aim at you.
Fast Hands - reload while sprinting. Swap weapons, use Exo Abilities, and use Exo Launcher faster.
Gung Ho - fire while sprinting and sliding

Tier 3:
Toughness - reduce flinch when shot
Scavenger - start with extra magazines and resupply bullet ammo from dead enemies
Blast Suppressor - don't show on minimap when using exo movements
Hard Wired - immune to system hack, EMP, nano swarms, stun grenades, and scramblers
Hardline - decrease scorestreak cost by 100

EXO ABILITIES
Exo Shield - a quick deploy shield attached to your exo's arm
Exo Overclock - increase footspeed
Exo Stim - temporarily generate health beyond normal levels
Exo Cloak - visually conceal yourself for a short duration
Exo Hover - hover in place for a short duration
Exo Ping - show enemy exo movement and weapon fire in your HUD
Exo Trophy System - destroys incoming grenades and rockets

EXO LAUNCHER
Frag - cookable frag grenades
Stun Grenade - blinds, disorients, and slows enemies. Can be manually detonated.
Explosive Drone - a proximity triggered drone that tracks enemies and explodes when near them
Tracking Drone - a piece of equipment that tracks and highlights enemy players
Semtex - timed sticky explosives
Threat Grenade - temporarily shows enemies through walls. Can be manually detonated.
EMP Grenade - disable enemy equipment and exo movements. Can be manually detonated.
Smoke Grenade - temporarily create a smoke grenade. Can be manually detonated.
Variable Grenade - can cycle through stun, emp, threat, and smoke. Cannot be manually detonated.
Spike Drone - a lethal thrown drone that returns on command

SCORESTREAKS
UAV - 400 - unmanned aerial vehicle that shows enemies on the minimap
Orbital Care Package - 500 - a care package called in from orbit containing a random scorestreak that has a chance of being the map streak
Remote Turret - 600 - a deployable manually controlled high powered turret
XS1 Vulcan - 600 - a manually controlled burst of high powered directed energy deployed from space
Warbird - 800 - a remotely piloted aerial attack vehicle
XS1 Goliath - 800 - a manually piloted suit of advanced armor with heavy weapons
Paladin - 1000 - a manually controlled weapon systems aboard an orbiting Paladin gunship

WILDCARDS
Overkill - take a primary weapon in your secondary weapon slot
Primary Gunfighter - take a third primary attachment
Secondary Gunfighter - take a secondary attachment
Perk 1 Greed - take a second perk 1
Perk 2 Greed - take a second perk 2
Perk 3 Greed - take a second perk 3
Tactician - take an exo ability in your exo launcher slot
Bombardier - take an exo launcher in your exo ability slot
Streaker - take a fourth scorestreak

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
I am a little worried about the Death from Above goomba-stomp melee attack. On one hand, it's hilarious and awesome, on the other, it might be the next MW2-style OP knife lunge.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Pretty sure that's a conditional formatting data bar.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Conditional Formatting in the last few versions of Excel.

This will be just like the rest of the COD's - we'll all buy it and play the poo poo out of it for a few months at least, regardless of whether it's actually any good or not. Then we'll all collectively decide that it sucks and move on to a new game, or pick an older COD to start playing again.

Buying the DLC/season pass will still be a dumb idea, but most of us will do it anyway.

The biggest change this time around will probably be the whole next-gen console thing, since all of us won't be on the Xbox by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

Shnakepup posted:

Screengrab showing some weapon attachments. All the random varieties of sights you would expect, but also a "parabolic microphone" (whatever the gently caress that is)and the description for Dual Magazine implies that you lose whatever bullets were left in a magazine when you reload.

The parabolic microphone allows you to see suppressed weapons on the minimap. The tier 2 set of perks don't seem very well balanced against the other two tiers. Using a wildcard to get lightweight/flak jacket or toughness/hardline seems to be better than running any of the tier 2 perks.

• Locked thread