Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Were you confused about what the gently caress is going on in Kill Six Billion Demons? Don't worry, here's a helpful diagram that explains EVERYTHING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Warlock v. Space Shark

Warlock 14

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

CzarChasm posted:

Dang. Taking an infinity gem shot right to the junk. That'll put you down.

A cosmic cube is not an infinity gem.
:goonsay:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uthor posted:

Warlock v. Space Shark

Warlock 14

Doesn't Thor fight one of these in God of Thunder?

e X posted:

A cosmic cube is not an infinity gem.
:goonsay:

It is in the cinematic universe!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Star Sharks, not just a threat for Thor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I know these are supposed to be super special space deathsharks but I hate it when superheros are fighting animals. Adam Warlock here, one of the only credible threats to Thanos but here I am being seriously tasked by a fish. The worst is the loving Savage Land, I hate the goddamn Savage Land. Last week we whooped Magneto's rear end but this week on our post-serious arc vacation we are getting hosed up by some dinosaurs and cavemen.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

zoux posted:

I know these are supposed to be super special space deathsharks but I hate it when superheros are fighting animals. Adam Warlock here, one of the only credible threats to Thanos but here I am being seriously tasked by a fish.

In this case, Warlock is trying to get to Earth while a powerful psychic mind is trying to slow him down. It's not a space shark, it's a psychic projection of one by someone who is powerful enough to destroy the galaxy. It's not technically alive. No space sharks were harmed in the making of those pages.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

I know these are supposed to be super special space deathsharks but I hate it when superheros are fighting animals. Adam Warlock here, one of the only credible threats to Thanos but here I am being seriously tasked by a fish. The worst is the loving Savage Land, I hate the goddamn Savage Land. Last week we whooped Magneto's rear end but this week on our post-serious arc vacation we are getting hosed up by some dinosaurs and cavemen.

You should read Starlin's Warlock. It is one of the craziest things I have ever read and its awesome on every level.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Saw this on comiXology's Tumblr. I believe it's Captain Marvel #7.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Is that Monica Rambeau Carol's talking to? She oughtta be down there helping out; she kicks too much rear end to stay up on a boat. :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh no how will intergalactic badass Captain Marvel deal with the threat that is some sharks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

prefect posted:

Is that Monica Rambeau Carol's talking to? She oughtta be down there helping out; she kicks too much rear end to stay up on a boat. :colbert:

Her powers don't work under water (is the explanation in the book).

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
New Avengers #21 (getting caught up), #justnamorthings:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Majuju posted:

New Avengers #21 (getting caught up), #justnamorthings:

Next issue:

Black Panther: HOW DARE YOU MAKE A CHOICE FOR ME, SEA-DEVIL! ONLY THE BLACK PANTHER SHOULD BE ALLOWED MAKE THE DECISION TO USE THIS BOMB!

Great series, but I hate each and every one of the Illumanti.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Now THAT'S a package Namor's delivering...with a capital 'P'. :heysexy:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Next issue:

Black Panther: HOW DARE YOU MAKE A CHOICE FOR ME, SEA-DEVIL! ONLY THE BLACK PANTHER SHOULD BE ALLOWED MAKE THE DECISION TO USE THIS BOMB!

Great series, but I hate each and every one of the Illumanti.

Yeah, I love the entire dynamic of the Illuminati. There's a part earlier in this issue where Maximus is talking to Black Swan about heroes versus kings, and the way the morality of those groups differs, and then at the end of the issue everyone but Namor has fallen into the 'heroes' category, but he goes Imperius Rex to the max.

Basically Hickman rules so hard and he is completely owning these characters and doing amazing things with them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Drifter posted:

Now THAT'S a package Namor's delivering...with a capital 'P'. :heysexy:

Majuju posted:

everyone but Namor has fallen into the 'heroes' category, but he goes Imperius Rex to the max.

I'll say!

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Look, if getting a huge boner out of destroying a parallel-dimension earth is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Really seems like these last two panels should have been ordered the other way around.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I haven't been keeping up lately (probably for the last year :(), so I apologize if this is :thejoke:, but I get a Galactus vibe off of that gizmo.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, it's a Reed Richards Planet Bustin' Bomb, so it probably has a bit of Galactus/Ultimate Nullifier in the design.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm enjoying New Avengers, but can someone explain why Tchalla's costume is suddenly all glowy, and has nifty magically appearing panther gauntlets?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Technically it's a Black Swan bomb possibly designed by another universe's Reed Richards which was reversed engineered and mass produced by our Reed Richards.

That's the richest part of it. Reed and Panther MADE that bomb. They made HUNDREDS of them. For moments just like this.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

10 Beers posted:

I'm enjoying New Avengers, but can someone explain why Tchalla's costume is suddenly all glowy, and has nifty magically appearing panther gauntlets?

The Marvel wiki (:jerkbag:) says:

"Other weapons: Swords, spears, shields, knives, clubs, quivers and arrows. A large variety of firearms and other weapons used for close range, as well as technological weapons and devices such as a large 'power glove.'"

Basically "because it looks cool", the panels in 22 have it just being some weird pink-purple power from the knuckles that then goes full-on mega-glove when he gets real mad.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

10 Beers posted:

I think it gets fully explained in Hickman's Fantastic Four. Basically Marvel released a Black Panther versus Dr. Doom mini series (Doomwar, I think.)

Panther beat Doom, but to do it he blew up Wakanda's supply of Vibrinium. (I think Hickman then John's retconned this away by saying "they got more.") As a result, all the people of Wakanda turned on Panther and kicked him out of the country and took away his stuff. He was king no more.

I think he got made into the High Priest of the Black Panther religion and could talk with all the Dead Kings of Wakanda and got freaky magic/tech powers.
After issue 21 I thought THOSE powers were striped from him, but his whupping of Namor makes me think he still has some of those powers.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
21 has his ghost dad chewing him out but I don't think he got stripped of his station? I'd have to reread 21.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Question IRL posted:

Panther beat Doom, but to do it he blew up Wakanda's supply of Vibrinium. (I think Hickman then John's retconned this away by saying "they got more.") As a result, all the people of Wakanda turned on Panther and kicked him out of the country and took away his stuff. He was king no more.

It was more that he knew that a country should not have all its eggs in one basket so he invested, and they still had money.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Mr. Maltose posted:

21 has his ghost dad chewing him out but I don't think he got stripped of his station? I'd have to reread 21.

Yeah his dad basically was disgusted at his choice and said "You are a Black Panther no more." before all the Ghost Dads walked away.

Now you can read it as them being disgusted with him, but when I see ghosts who give you a power associated with a title say things like that, I assume the title and powers associated with the title are gone.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah, he was already stripped of his title of King of Wakanda, and his ghost dad straight tells him he is no longer Black Panther (as it pertains it his lineage and ability to communicate to his predecessors I suppose) when he fails to activate the bomb.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Supertech laser gloves are probably not given to him by ghosts, though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I kept thinking it was simply "his simple suit yeah, say, remember how Wakanda's the most highly advanced nation in the world? HERE'S YOUR REMINDER" which ties to how he activated all his science when Batman told him to stop lying.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Majuju posted:

The Marvel wiki (:jerkbag:) says:

"Other weapons: Swords, spears, shields, knives, clubs, quivers and arrows. A large variety of firearms and other weapons used for close range, as well as technological weapons and devices such as a large 'power glove.'"

Basically "because it looks cool", the panels in 22 have it just being some weird pink-purple power from the knuckles that then goes full-on mega-glove when he gets real mad.

Ahhhhh. I noticed when he was fighting "Batman" that he had yellow glowing knives and some kind of blue force field, and I was very confused.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sharks? Who said anything about sharks? (I did.)

Uncanny X-Force 33

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Between the nipple rings and cheese doodle express it's hard to take that seriously.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Uthor posted:

Sharks? Who said anything about sharks? (I did.)

Uncanny X-Force 33

He brought the shark out again later, right? :ohdear:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
In fact, why didn't he just 'port some grenades in there to begin with? Why did he attack a guy who's super power is being durable with flimsy rapiers at all, and if he was going to do that, why not teleport in and then start cutting up?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

WickedHate posted:

In fact, why didn't he just 'port some grenades in there to begin with? Why did he attack a guy who's super power is being durable with flimsy rapiers at all, and if he was going to do that, why not teleport in and then start cutting up?

It's not like this was a pre-planned ambush where he had time to think about how to fight the Blob.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Also, you would think rupturing a hole big enough for a shark to pass through in that glass tank at the bottom of an ocean would cause more than just a little flooding.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
well it is Shark Week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Can Blob turn his power on and off? If not, how did he get nipple rings? Did he find some piercing parlor with the power cosmic or something?

This is important somehow, I am sure.