Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All 3 gigabit ports on my Airport were taken when I got the PS4 :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

haveblue posted:

All 3 gigabit ports on my Airport were taken when I got the PS4 :/

Honestly, a simple 5-port gigabit switch would be cheap and well worth it for the speed benefits from wiring up your PS4.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MrLonghair posted:

Still nothing I would pre-order without getting a feel for its driving model and physics, I'm sure I'm not alone in being that decently picky with racers.

Yup. I skipped Forza Horizons for that reason. Im really hoping for something similar to iRacing for PS4. When everything is going well, it can be an almost perfect racing game.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

DarkJC posted:

Honestly, a simple 5-port gigabit switch would be cheap and well worth it for the speed benefits from wiring up your PS4.

And more clutter behind the TV. YAY.

Looking behind my TV stand makes me want to hang myself with the wires.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
CoD: Advanced Warfare multiplayer footage popping up everywhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9R-yIo4Idw

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ularg posted:

I'm really angry about how fun this looks. I had no interest in buying it and here we are. Ugh.

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm really angry about how fun this looks. I had no interest in buying it and here we are. Ugh.

I was the same way. Adding in the Pick system from Black Ops 2 drat near got my money right away. I do wonder how deep I will still be with Destiny when it hits though

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Call of Tribes. The jetpack thing looks a bit awkward to fight with/against considering you need good aim for that sort of movement.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Thought the same thing about Ghosts...

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Kilometers Davis posted:

Rent it. That's what I do every November.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Kirios posted:

Son I run a CISCO shop in my house - if you aren't running everything through an ASA then I don't want to live in your crazy world.

This is not wrong.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Christoff posted:

Thought the same thing about Ghosts...

I had fun playing Ghosts at launch. Then I played the BF Hardline beta and remembered that I really don't like Battlefield, and thus came back to Ghosts. Had fun once again.
Will quite probably buy Advanced Warfare.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Advanced Warfare looks a bit too fast. It just seems so much to handle. Maybe I'm getting too used to TLOU MP.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
It's slowly morphing into Unreal Tournament. Not a fan. I must be an old guy now for missing the old Modern Warfare 1 game. If anything all that jumping/jet packing around has done is just turn me off to it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
It honestly looks like Titanfall with more depth and the worst parts of Titanfall (the mechs and the bots) removed. Still not a fan of the pace of recent CoD games, Blops 1 had the perfect pace, and this looks no different.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Wow, I just watched that footage and it appeals to me not at all.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

It honestly looks like Titanfall with more depth and the worst parts of Titanfall (the mechs and the bots) removed. Still not a fan of the pace of recent CoD games, Blops 1 had the perfect pace, and this looks no different.

This is exactly what I was going to say. It just looks so dumbed down but I guess it works because so many people want a mindless shootymans. I was skeptical on the UT comment but now feel it is dead on.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It makes me very sad that the giant robots from Titanfall are considered the worst part.

(gently caress the bots though.)

Gothmog
Aug 27, 2003

I'm a mental patient. I'm supposed to act out.

AngryBooch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2NkRV_DM90

Mechs ahoy!

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
I dunno, the TTK is still way too low but I guess that's Call of Duty for you.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah, I'm neither a COD Expert nor had anything other than Youtube experience with Titanfall, but the first thing I said to myself when I saw this was "Titanfall?"

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ularg posted:

Huh. Jumpers, jet packs shotguns that kill people and they're playing Oddball.

Everything is coming up Halo.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Feenix posted:

Yeah, I'm neither a COD Expert nor had anything other than Youtube experience with Titanfall, but the first thing I said to myself when I saw this was "Titanfall?"

So they are aping the game that didn't sell nearly as well as expected and whose player base has already fallen off a cliff?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I like it and I think it looks like a blast. I'll rent it like I do all COD's. That said I do agree with the pacing issue. BO was a great experience and I wish the series would revisit the things it did right.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

James Woods Fan posted:

I like it and I think it looks like a blast. I'll rent it like I do all COD's. That said I do agree with the pacing issue. BO was a great experience and I wish the series would revisit the things it did right.

I'm sure Black Ops 3 will come out next year.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Skipped ghosts, but cod is generally good times for people who like to shoot other people in the face online with friends. I'll be picking this one up for sure.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

FishBulb posted:

I'm sure Black Ops 3 will come out next year.

I didn't really care for Black Ops 2. It wasn't bad but it never clicked for me. I rented both at the same time and preferred the first.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
any recommendations for the best place to pick up a cheap PS4 system/bundle? I already got one of the rebated TigerDirect Gold headsets so I don't need one of those, just a system, controller, and maybe a bundled game or two if they aren't complete poo poo.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BitBasher posted:

So they are aping the game that didn't sell nearly as well as expected and whose player base has already fallen off a cliff?

Yes, it looks like Killzone Shadowfall with Cod's TTL :v:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Has Sony announced what they will be showing at Gamescom this year? Their briefing is tomorrow.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jimbot posted:

Has Sony announced what they will be showing at Gamescom this year? Their briefing is tomorrow.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/11/gamescom-2014-sony-reveals-third-cryptic-teaser-trailer

There is a better than good chance they will announce Until Dawn.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Finally.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh, I was just about to post about Gamescom. It begins tomorrow and you can find out when it airs where you live here. Watch Gamescom here tomorrow

A list of things that might be at Gamescom
  • Bloodborne
  • Driveclub
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • The Order: 1886
  • Rime
  • Media Molecule PS4 game
  • More PS4 digital ports
  • Until Dawn
  • "Unannounced Japanese PS4 game" with 30 minute long demo
  • Housemarque PS4 game
  • Michael Ancel (Rayman) PS3/4/Vita? game

Further details in the link.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Policenaut posted:

[*]Michael Ancel (Rayman) PS3/4/Vita? game

If this isn't Beyond Good and Evil 2 I will post dejectedly on the internet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Still no Deep Down huh? Why did they bother teasing it at the PS4 reveal if they aren't even going to bring it to the states?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

NESguerilla posted:

Still no Deep Down huh? Why did they bother teasing it at the PS4 reveal if they aren't even going to bring it to the states?

I mean, is it even out in Japan though? I get the impression it's just massively behind schedule?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

NESguerilla posted:

Because Capcom is dumb. Pretty sure that's an established fact at this point.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Feenix posted:

I mean, is it even out in Japan though? I get the impression it's just massively behind schedule?

It's also F2P and will be terrible.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just looked: dev says info on Japanese beta coming in August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

gameday posted:

It's also F2P and will be terrible.

Seriously this is my position until proven otherwise.

• Locked thread