Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Reminder: Insurgency is $7.50, 50% off, for eighteen more minutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

echoMateria posted:

In celebration of this weekend's Comic Market in Japan, we are having a sale including many Japanese indie titles at http://store.steampowered.com/sale/japaneseindiefestival

Check it out if you would like to grab some indie titles at record discounts.

You know, I bought a game on that list yesterday thinking "there's no way in hell this poo poo is going on sale soon. It's just some loving obscure anime game."

I need to start trusting my gut instincts.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Is it really so easy?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Has anyone mess around with that Idle program for cards yet?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PrinceRandom posted:

It works incredibly well.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
100% Orange Juice is totally worth $3, or if you want to be a cheap bastard it's also in a Groupees bundle for a minimum of $1.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

That is...disturbing. Why am I still laughing?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

This video is a work of art.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PrinceRandom posted:

Tell me the name of that program again? It's not in the OP - only SAM is.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Drifter posted:

Tell me the name of that program again? It's not in the OP - only SAM is.

????

SAM is the idling program.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://github.com/jshackles/idle_master

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tony Phillips posted:

????

SAM is the idling program.

:parrot:Oooh bet you feel silly now. :tutbutt:
It apparently does everything automatically, and cycles through your games.

Thanks, Awesome!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

If Running With Scissors made Half-Life 2.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

http://store.steampowered.com/app/202310/

Is Ridge Racer Unbounded good?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Not even a little bit.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

It's decent fun, but you HAVE to learn how to drift in that game, and it's a bit tough at first.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Drifter posted:

Thanks, Awesome!

Whoa. Super SAM. Didn't know that existed.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Steam's being a dick

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Have you gotten her epilogue? If not that could be a sign.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

It's almost never worth unpacking booster packs. They're worth more unpacked, and the chances of getting a foil is incredibly low.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Maybe he wanted to craft the badge.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Lance Streetman posted:

It's almost never worth unpacking booster packs. They're worth more unpacked, and the chances of getting a foil is incredibly low.

This isn't always true, but this handy site lets you know the market price of badges, vs the average price of 3 cards in the set.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
The last 4 or 5 boosters I've looked at have been no different to the unpacked price, so I unpack them for the minuscule foil chance.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Breadallelogram posted:

Is it really so easy?

Butt. How??

edit:

quote:

chances of getting a foil is incredibly low.
So what you're saying is open for foils, gotcha

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 12, 2014

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
This is a weird non-issue really, but I've been unable to google up a reasonable result. Does anyone know why my, "You're going to a link outside of Steam" browser warning when clicking on a link in chat appears in French? I'm in the U.S., I don't have any French games or languages installed and my proxy plugin is not on. Not a huge deal, but it slightly annoys me every time I see it.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

graynull posted:

This is a weird non-issue really, but I've been unable to google up a reasonable result. Does anyone know why my, "You're going to a link outside of Steam" browser warning when clicking on a link in chat appears in French? I'm in the U.S., I don't have any French games or languages installed and my proxy plugin is not on. Not a huge deal, but it slightly annoys me every time I see it.

Whenever I go to the Steam website in my browser, it's always either in German or Italian. I don't run any proxies or anything like that.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

My browser steam is also stuck in a weird language. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm used to it and I'm not sure I want to go back to english.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Xseed just announced that Ys Origin now has trading cads, and that Oath and Chronicles will have cards soon. Get you anime cards while they're hot.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Gromit posted:

The last 4 or 5 boosters I've looked at have been no different to the unpacked price, so I unpack them for the minuscule foil chance.

Not to mention instant gratification of a sort. I've listed booster packs and had them sit for days on end. I typically just unpack them and end up selling the cards immediately. It's typically just a matter of pennies in either case.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm trying to rebind controller keys for Risk of Rain. I use DS4Tool to play PC games with my PS4 controller. It works just fine in Risk of Rain but I don't like the ability bindings at all. So I go to change them and it absolutely will not let me change them. At one point I managed to change everything except being able to bind anything to Left Trigger. For some reason Left Trigger is the enter key while navigating menus and if I hit it trying to rebind something to it I'd end up just disabling the gamepad.

I ended up going into the config file and edited it there. Double checked in the options menu in game and it showed the bindings I wanted. Went into a game however and it was the default bindings still.

Could anybody help me out, please? I'm enjoying risk of rain but the bindings in the game are just awful, for both keyboard and controller. I basically had to rebind the abilities from ZXCV to QWER but I can't rebind the abilities on my triggers and I don't think I can change the game from using the analog stick to using the D-Pad.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Drifter posted:

Thanks, Awesome!

Apparently it even goes through unistalled games? I just got 100% Orange Juice and haven't installed it but the program is still idling it.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

SAM can do that to. It doesn't need the game's files, it just needs to pretend that you're playing it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PrinceRandom posted:

Apparently it even goes through unistalled games? I just got 100% Orange Juice and haven't installed it but the program is still idling it.

Yeah, even SAM just goes by what Steam says you own, not what you have installed. You're not running the game, you're accessing the Steam identifier to fool Steam into thinking you're running the game.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
So Tex Murphy Tesla effect is on sale for half off. Anyone know if it's worth it?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Drifter posted:

Yeah, even SAM just goes by what Steam says you own, not what you have installed. You're not running the game, you're accessing the Steam identifier to fool Steam into thinking you're running the game.

Can I still play games while it's idling without messing it up?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Given the Japan sale, is it still worth the $6 Humble Bundle for Ys Origin given that Ys and One Way Heroics are the only games I'm interested in? One Way Heroics is now $1.74 on Steam.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

Can I still play games while it's idling without messing it up?

Yeah, but card drops will be extremely slow.

Gorilla Radio posted:

Given the Japan sale, is it still worth the $6 Humble Bundle for Ys Origin given that Ys and One Way Heroics are the only games I'm interested in? One Way Heroics is now $1.74 on Steam.

Yep, since Origin by itself will probably never be below 5 bucks, so you might as well shell out the extra buck and pick up the other games.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sonel posted:

So Tex Murphy Tesla effect is on sale for half off. Anyone know if it's worth it?

If you liked the old FMV Tex Murphy games, very much worth it.

If you've never played the old FMV Tex Murphy games then its very much an adventure game straight out of the 90's. Unlike, say, Broken Age from Double Fine, Tesla Effect didn't really update the mechanics at all. It's not quite as bullshit hard since everything isn't pixelated but all the things you know and love-hate are there; items hiding in ridiculous places, random item combination puzzles, dumb puzzle minigames.

But if you ask me it's all worth it for the FMV :allears:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

New bundle:

$1
Orcs Must Die
Orcs Must Die 2
Hero Academy
Echo Prime

BTA (currently $3)

Orcs Must Die DLC
Orcs Must Die 2 DLC

http://www.indieammobox.com/

And then this other bundle which starts at $1:

Cubegun
Jet Gunner
Hostile Waters: Anteaus Rising
Guns & Robots Starter Pack
War in a Box: Paper Tanks

http://www.flyingbundle.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

And then this other bundle which starts at $1:

Cubegun
Jet Gunner
Hostile Waters: Anteaus Rising
Guns & Robots Starter Pack
War in a Box: Paper Tanks

http://www.flyingbundle.com/

Totally worth it just for Hostile Waters. Jet Gunner looks pretty fun too.

• Locked thread