Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Loved the LP! The game looks fantastic and you guys really did it justice.

So what's the final count on the Wii U sales?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
That was overall fuckin' awesome. Great work.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender
That was an incredible LP and that last level, holy hell. I'm not sure I was good enough at Mario to watch it, let alone beat it.

Chalk up another Wii U sale, along with Mario Kart, Pikmin 3 and Super Mario World 3D. I never liked my free time anyway!

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013
Add another game sale to your tally. My flatmate has a U, and guess what he's getting for his birthday.

Great LP, by the way. It's such a huge mark in your favor that you enjoy the game so much.

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Our favourite game starring everyone's favourite green soldier.
alright! console and game tallies currently, at the time of posting this, stand at:

(42) Wii U Consoles
(37) Copies of Super Mario 3D World
(43) Other Wii U Games (Mario Kart 8 x25|DK Tropical Freeze x2|MH3 Ultimate x1|The Wonderful 101 x4|Wind Waker HD x5|Pikmin 3 x3|NSMBU x2|NSLU x1|Lego City Undercover x1)

I may have missed a few here or there, but either way this is awesome. I hope you all have fun with your new consoles!

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Dex01 posted:

alright! console and game tallies currently, at the time of posting this, stand at:

(42) Wii U Consoles
(37) Copies of Super Mario 3D World
(43) Other Wii U Games (Mario Kart 8 x25|DK Tropical Freeze x2|MH3 Ultimate x1|The Wonderful 101 x4|Wind Waker HD x5|Pikmin 3 x3|NSMBU x2|NSLU x1|Lego City Undercover x1)

I may have missed a few here or there, but either way this is awesome. I hope you all have fun with your new consoles!

That is equal to... a rough total of $13,200 in generated sales! That is counting each game at 60, and each console at 200, so it may be a bit overshot. Still, drat!

HIRE US NINTENDO.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Vilemoon posted:

That is equal to... a rough total of $13,200 in generated sales! That is counting each game at 60, and each console at 200, so it may be a bit overshot. Still, drat!

HIRE US NINTENDO.

It may have been more, actually, considering new consoles go for around 300. Either way you guys should totally be Nintendo's new marketing department.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ChaosArgate posted:

It may have been more, actually, considering new consoles go for around 300. Either way you guys should totally be Nintendo's new marketing department.

At E3 they did a lot of streaming of people playing their games and showing them off rather than a canned pre-made presentation (aside from Devil's Third, which felt like they didn't get the memo), so I think LPs ARE their new marketing department.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
It also probably helped that the Wii U had a limited library, or at least seemed to have a limited library, for a while, and there were plenty of people on the fence for buying a Wii U for a while. I know I was one of them; there was Wonderful 101, but that was basically the only game I wanted on the Wii U, and I made it a rule for myself to never get a new console until there's several games I want.

Then this year's E3 happened and Nintendo goes "Look at all these games we have :getin:" and the LP was going and it snowballed, is what I think.

Having loads of fun with 3D World, and now I'm completely prepared for the new Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, and Splatoon. Also that tower-defense game where you use cameras to shoot ROBs, and that robot-fighting game. :allears:

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
Great LP guys, thanks so much for doing it.

I'd have never seen those thank you pipes on my own.... Only the many many deaths from me trying.

Also thanks for saying nice things about my Miiverse posts, it made this LP all the more special.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Chock up another sold WiiU and copy of this game and maybe others in the near future- now that I finally have a job for the forseeable future I can go forth and spend.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
This was a whole lot of fun! Since I am not likely to ever see the TRUE end of this game (I still have a number of stars to get before I get to meet Bowser) it's awesome. It was also great to see how many lives you lost (sorry) because I was feeling like a turbo loser when i got Game Overs!

And LOVE the death reel.

Can't wait for your next one!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tons of fun, great LP. Thanks guys!

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
This was all worth it JUST for the Death Reel. Bravo, gents, y'all have made the last couple months INFINITELY more tolerable. :golfclap:

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
Before Champion Road, I had a death count of 226 (Second Beep Block level! :argh:).

Now I just passed the 1000 death mark. Still trying to beat it :(

Anyway! Thanks a super lot for the LP. It was a total joy to watch. And the death reel is a thing of beauty.

I already had gotten my Wii U and 3D World, but you can add a new copy of W101 to the tally (it's so great but even at easy I'm terribad at it)

lappey
Apr 13, 2007

The Laughingstock Of The Internet
I have just clicked buy on a Wind Waker Wii U bundle with 3D World. I've wanted a Wii U for a while, but I was waiting for Smash Bros. This LP convinced me that I couldn't wait that long.
I don't know why I waited, 3D Land is my favourite 3DS game. Mario Kart will be on it's way once i get paid next week too!

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014
I actually bought my Wii U a month after launch. Despite the lack of games, I still enjoyed it.

Now, of course, with so many games out and on the horizon, I do not regret buying it at all.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
The soundtrack for this game is great! I got it from Club Nintendo since my points were due to expire, and the booklet explains what they were aiming for when they made the songs. Well worth looking up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man. That is one hell of a finishing level. Thanks for showing this game off to completion!

Also, all those stamps you're collecting are like globally unlocked for Miiverse posts, right?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That was... Something, but now I know what to do if I want to 100% the game. Playing through every world as every character. :negative: Oh man.

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014

Mordaedil posted:

Playing through every world as every character. :negative: Oh man.

Pretty sure somebody else has already mentioned this, but if you have some controllers to spare you can cheat by having them drop in and touch the flagpole at the end, and it'll count as having beat the level with them.

:goonsay:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Glazius posted:

Also, all those stamps you're collecting are like globally unlocked for Miiverse posts, right?

Nope, they only work on a per-game basis.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

Roro posted:

The soundtrack for this game is great! I got it from Club Nintendo since my points were due to expire, and the booklet explains what they were aiming for when they made the songs. Well worth looking up.

The single worst thing about being in Australia is that the soundtrack (or any soundtrack, really), isn't available at all, no matter your points. It's the one thing I really wanted. =(

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

shalcar posted:

The single worst thing about being in Australia is that the soundtrack (or any soundtrack, really), isn't available at all, no matter your points. It's the one thing I really wanted. =(

Well, lucky for you that I'm uploading it to Tindeck! All of the first disc is there, and I'm slowly uploading the second.
If Dex is okay with it (and I have the time) I'll scan the booklet at work and share it with the thread.

http://tindeck.com/users/Roro

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

shalcar posted:

Yes it is, it's available through Club Nintendo. If you can't see it anymore then it was a limited time offer, but it definitely was one of the rewards.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

It looks like Australia actually has some of the nicer rewards right now. UK is second and USA is dog poo poo last with games you could just buy anyway.
Sorry, America. :(

EDIT: That is, of course, ignoring Japan who gets sweet loot regardless.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Roro posted:

If Dex is okay with it (and I have the time) I'll scan the booklet at work and share it with the thread.

I'd love to see this, if you do get the time.

Really wish the soundtrack was offered in my region :(

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
You should do that, Roro. I had meant to post some of the track notes as the LP got to them, but never got around to it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Luigi's cat suit is Yoshi themed. :aaaaa: This game really does have something new every time you play.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

Luigi's cat suit is Yoshi themed. :aaaaa: This game really does have something new every time you play.

Luigi is a true rebel.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Mordaedil posted:

Luigi is a true rebel.

Rebel without a claws

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

pokeyman posted:

I'd love to see this, if you do get the time.

Really wish the soundtrack was offered in my region :(

frozentreasure posted:

You should do that, Roro. I had meant to post some of the track notes as the LP got to them, but never got around to it.

http://imgur.com/a/YThvA

The images are pretty big and I didn't want to resize them and lose the text quality, so I'll just link to the album.

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I wonder if anyone has ever ran out of time while going through the tubes in the penultimate part of that level?

Me. :suicide:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Roro posted:

The images are pretty big and I didn't want to resize them and lose the text quality, so I'll just link to the album.

Thanks so much!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Roro posted:

Those images are adorable. :allears:

This was a good LP, and it was fun to watch.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Those images are adorable. :allears:

This was a good LP, and it was fun to watch.

The band picture is my favourite, that Catoomba (is that their name?) singing with his lil buddies :3:

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

Roro posted:

The band picture is my favourite, that Catoomba (is that their name?) singing with his lil buddies :3:

Luigi's face. The extasis. My god.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

bradzilla posted:

I would argue more towards Luigi's suit being froglike.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

there is only one gripe i have with this otherwise excellent game. In the multiplayer, the god drat crown. That is the worst idea nintendo has ever had. "Hmm, well people killed each other a lot to be dicks during the other super mario wii games...So let's add a whole new mechanic, to make them try and kill each other for the whole level, every level!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Aishlinn posted:

there is only one gripe i have with this otherwise excellent game. In the multiplayer, the god drat crown. That is the worst idea nintendo has ever had. "Hmm, well people killed each other a lot to be dicks during the other super mario wii games...So let's add a whole new mechanic, to make them try and kill each other for the whole level, every level!"

Oh please people will kill each other for the whole level anyway have you never played a New Super Mario Bros game multiplayer before? Literally 90% of the game is loving with the other players.

• Locked thread