Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah you could have just said "always build hourglass on morgana"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
never not don't get zhonyas

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Libertine posted:

There's so many negatives in this first sentence I can't actually understand grammatically what you are trying to say.

That was a terribly written sentence, wasn't it? Whoops.

VHGS posted:

There are a number of reasons not to get zhonya's on support morgana, all of them falling under the umbrella of something else being more immediately impactful.

You always want one eventually. There are very few things less immediately impactful than the ability to get a three+ person ult off and not die during it.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

henkman posted:

Yeah you could have just said "always build hourglass on morgana"

My usual build order with Morgana and most supports really is Mikeals, Talisman and Locket (sometimes able to knock this on the head if facing all-AD team or jungler is building one) and every game I've played has ended well before I could scrounge the cash together for Zhonya's.

I presume I'm leaving it too late to buy Zhonya's but what do I cut to make room for it?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

My usual build order with Morgana and most supports really is Mikeals, Talisman and Locket (sometimes able to knock this on the head if facing all-AD team or jungler is building one) and every game I've played has ended well before I could scrounge the cash together for Zhonya's.

I presume I'm leaving it too late to buy Zhonya's but what do I cut to make room for it?

Unless they have a fed AP champ somewhere, I usually hold off on the Locket.

EDIT: You might be able to put off Mikhael's unless the enemy is has Ashe or some other huge stun.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 12, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hourglass is so crucial to Support Morgana's utility I can't see someone not rushing after like. Tier 2 Support Item + Sightstone, but that's just me.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Monathin posted:

Hourglass is so crucial to Support Morgana's utility I can't see someone not rushing after like. Tier 2 Support Item + Sightstone, but that's just me.

Eh, I'm bad and just started playing Morgana recently but previously I played a lot of Sona and kinda just built Morgana like I would Sona without thinking about it.

now that's it been mentioned zhonya's on morgana makes all of the sense

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Lol libertine its just a double negative, it isn't like it is hard to parse or something

fnox
May 19, 2013

As far as I understand it, Master is like a Diamond '0' in a sense, you get promoted to it after 100LP and you can only be demoted by losing games at 0LP, the tier is there to address poo poo like being Diamond 1 99LP gaining 0LP after won games because there isn't a spot open in Challenger, instead, all the "high" Diamond 1 players will be pitted together in Master, and the top of the Master ladder will be contesting spots in Challenger.

There currently IS inflation in Diamond 1, there's more people in Diamond 1 than there is in Diamond 2 and the Master tier is there to address that.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

NTT posted:

Lol libertine its just a double negative, it isn't like it is hard to parse or something

This is what I thought too because when I first read it I thought it said "There is never a reason not to build it" but it actually says "There is never no reason not to build it" which either doesn't make sense or means the opposite of what he was trying to say.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

This is what I think as well.

As far as I know though, I am the biggest :siren: LOCKET :siren: advocate in the thread/game/world.

Zhonya's would be a 3rd/4th item purchase for me on Support Morgana, it would always come after FQC and Mikael's. If my jungler was building Locket then I would not, and get Zhonya's 3rd, otherwise I'd get it 4th after Locket. This is already very deep into the game and most games do not make it to full support build unless your team is loving up all over the place and stalling the game out.

As a support, your entire power is built on the frequency of your ability usage and protection you can provide. Items with CDR that help your team > items without CDR that help only you.

Being able to peel and protect your teammates so they don't die is more important than whether or not you die.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Always get Zhonya's on support morg after Frostfang, sightstone, and mobis. It also gives that extra oomph on your huge ratios.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

This Twitch stream.. wow.

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamers

Highlights:

Kiwikid sucks rear end
imaqtpie "looks like a retard" but isn't bad
Curse will never top 3 any meaningful event with Voyboy as mid or top

etc.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 12, 2014

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

fnox posted:

As far as I understand it, Master is like a Diamond '0' in a sense, you get promoted to it after 100LP and you can only be demoted by losing games at 0LP, the tier is there to address poo poo like being Diamond 1 99LP gaining 0LP after won games because there isn't a spot open in Challenger, instead, all the "high" Diamond 1 players will be pitted together in Master, and the top of the Master ladder will be contesting spots in Challenger.

There currently IS inflation in Diamond 1, there's more people in Diamond 1 than there is in Diamond 2 and the Master tier is there to address that.

it's basically a way to add prestige to diamond 1 which gets lumped into "diamond" when it's a different level than the rest (ESP high up)

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

That feeling when you have the worst team you've had in months.

I just lost to a Quinn.

A Quinn.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Highlights:

Kiwikid sucks rear end

etc.

Those shows are unwatchable. The amount of interesting content should be made into little 2 minute clips the day after or something.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
Quinn vs nasus has to be a nightmare for nasus

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

This is what I think as well.

As far as I know though, I am the biggest :siren: LOCKET :siren: advocate in the thread/game/world.

Zhonya's would be a 3rd/4th item purchase for me on Support Morgana, it would always come after FQC and Mikael's. If my jungler was building Locket then I would not, and get Zhonya's 3rd, otherwise I'd get it 4th after Locket. This is already very deep into the game and most games do not make it to full support build unless your team is loving up all over the place and stalling the game out.

As a support, your entire power is built on the frequency of your ability usage and protection you can provide. Items with CDR that help your team > items without CDR that help only you.

Being able to peel and protect your teammates so they don't die is more important than whether or not you die.

I think this is very good advice; I would just say that Zhonya's 2nd is reasonable if you're the only good initiator on your team, which occasionally happens with Morg.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Colonel Squish posted:

Those shows are unwatchable. The amount of interesting content should be made into little 2 minute clips the day after or something.

Listen, ok, you have thorin, ok, who has some decent opinions, ok, but wrapped in one of the douchiest human beings, ok, that you could ever imagine, ok, and the thing with this guy is, ok, is that he makes his show unwatchable, ok.

The stuff coming out of his mouth and twitter remind me of what a 14 year old version of me might have thought was cool. It is no surprise that his first esport love is like CS:GO or whatever event has a bunch of screaming man children yelling raped over and over again.

Edit: On support morg I go zhonyas if I am getting way ahead, before finishing frost queens maybe even. But I always get sight stone second. I get SS in lane before level 2 GP/10 item almost always because it lets me transition to sweeper really fast and get wards down.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

fnox posted:

There were always more diamond 1's than diamond 2-4's combined, even at the start of the system.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It also depends what you're facing. Locket rush vs. an all AD team is darn stupid, but probably a good idea if there's a Syndra trying to pop you like a cork. I usually grab the Seekers fairly early on Morgana if there's an AD mid to worry about, and finish the Zonya's after Sightstone/FQC/Boots/possibly a chalice. You should be able to tell very early in the game if you need to rush the Zonya's.

Locket is good but it's not an every game buy, and Mikael's vs. Zonya's is dependant on if the ADC I'm with really needs the cleanse more than I need to get off 5 man ults. (If he's good, I'll prioritize him. If he's not, then I need my carry items.) Maybe I just see a lot more full AD comps down in Gold 5.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Does anyone have any live experience with Ardent Censer on Karma? I see it trumpeted for Sona, Soraka, and Janna, but not really Karma. Mantra Shield is already ridiculously strong, giving your entire team +25% attack speed seems like it'd send it over the top.

Falli Wagga
May 9, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Does the aura from the locket apply to you as well or only those around you?

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
iirc, Auras apply to the person holding the item as a separate buff that stacks with another person having one.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Highlights:

Kiwikid sucks rear end

etc.

Summoning Insight would be great if Thoorin were replaced by someone who can ask tough questions whilst simultaneously not spending seven minutes asking his question and sounding like a shithead when he does.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm a huge fan of Pro League but there's honestly not enough worth talking about to fill a whole show (especially considering that the actual competitive events are filled with TONS of fluff time for discussion of pre/post-match insight/highlights/rivalries/storyline etc.). That show is pretty sad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brannock posted:

Does anyone have any live experience with Ardent Censer on Karma? I see it trumpeted for Sona, Soraka, and Janna, but not really Karma. Mantra Shield is already ridiculously strong, giving your entire team +25% attack speed seems like it'd send it over the top.

I really wish they'd let censer affect the caster if they shield/heal themselves. It's one of those restrictions that feels like it's there mostly just because Riot wanted to make sure interesting builds don't happen. Either that or they couldn't get it to not proc off lifesteal.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

chumbler posted:

I really wish they'd let censer affect the caster if they shield/heal themselves. It's one of those restrictions that feels like it's there mostly just because Riot wanted to make sure interesting builds don't happen. Either that or they couldn't get it to not proc off lifesteal.

Something something gently caress nidalee

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

chumbler posted:

Not everything has to be a Riot conspiracy to ruin fun, dude. That build would just be hot garbage, so they would just have to add extra complexity to handle the edge cases for no benefit.

e: (there are definitely Riot conspiracies to ruin fun tho)

VHGS fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 12, 2014

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

VHGS posted:

Not everything has to be a Riot conspiracy to ruin fun, dude. That build would just be hot garbage, so they would just have to add extra complexity to handle the edge cases for no benefit.

I don't even know who has a shield/heal that could use the extra attack speed. Nid? Maybe AD Janna?

EDIT: Ori, I guess, but that passive really doesn't matter outside the laning phase.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 12, 2014

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hellioning posted:

I don't even know who has a shield/heal that could use the extra attack speed. Nid? Maybe AD Janna?

EDIT: Ori, I guess, but that passive really doesn't matter outside the laning phase.

You could get it as a sixth item on Kayle for complete hilarity, I guess.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Vermain posted:

Summoning Insight would be great if Thoorin were replaced by someone who can ask tough questions whilst simultaneously not spending seven minutes asking his question and sounding like a shithead when he does.

Hypothetically speaking if aliens came to earth and abducted Thoorin, would it be a better show? (yes)

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Hellioning posted:

Diana would love it.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Hellioning posted:

Could be nice on Shen, for the faster Ki procs. But the mana regen is wasted.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The reasoning given was that they didn't want people with self-only shields to buy it because some of them have weird interactions (Vi or Malphite's self shields), or it to work with Barrier.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
After struggling forever to get out of silver I havent lost a game in gold yet and got to gold 4 :toot:

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Brannock posted:

It's amazing. I go sightstone/chalice -> ardent censer -> full CDR and then build whichever appropriate support items gives you AP. Mantra shield on your whole team when an engage happens just makes the other team melt.

Keep in mind it's more effective with AD heavy teams. Oh and btw, pick up locket for your last item and you can proc an aoe shield twice in one fight.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Monstecristo and Thorin are both complete douches that love nothing more than fabricating drama.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Thread needs more posts of escapes. People living is the funniest and most interesting part of this game, or the most salt inducing if you're on the other team. Here is my contribution, this is my best one in awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrIVqL1yteA

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The Super Mario RPG music was a nice touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

NTT posted:

Reading a text based post out loud and counting the negatives out on your fingers like a small child is the way to go

• Locked thread