Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Potsticker posted:

Maybe a woman character-- something related to the Hulk--

Red Hulk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Doc Samson?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What female characters capable of sustaining a single hero film does Marvel even have? There's Captain Marvel, uhhh She-Hulk maybe but that would work much better as a series, and all the rest are either sidekicks, villains, only members of larger teams, or mutants or Spider-Man characters whose rights belong to other studios?

Personal I'd like a Black Widow film with Hawkeye as the sidekick as was suggested earlier. But Marvel seems to have a serious dearth of comics with ladies in leading roles.

Heroes for Hire could be a good all female team movie.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I've always thought Rogue would make a good solo superheroine movie. The super-powered kickass southern belle version, not whatever we got in the Xmen films.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I just want a new Storm played by Nicole Beharie. Or anyone. gently caress Halle goddamn.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah, but Fox certainly isn't going to make a Rogue film, and Marvel just can't.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

greatn posted:

What made Ronan hate them so much?
His family was killed in the war.

That was the whole thing. Ronan, Dax & Gamora all had their families murdered, the rest similarly lost something. And that loss is what turned them into the broken people we see on screen. That's why Rocket's saving the woman and child was a big deal, because they were Dey's family. The Guardians moving past their pain prevented others from being shattered like they were.

Koalas March posted:

I just want a new Storm played by Nicole Beharie. Or anyone. gently caress Halle goddamn.
Nah. Lupita Nyong'o. Model looks and a great actress.

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 12, 2014

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Make an entire movie about Monica Rambeau and her thousand different names.

Edit: Namorita movie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Make an entire movie about Monica Rambeau and her thousand different names.

Buddy cop film with Kitty Pryde

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My question was more what movies with a female less could Marvel make apart from captain Marvel, I think all those other characters named so far belong to other studios.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

greatn posted:

My question was more what movies with a female less could Marvel make apart from captain Marvel, I think all those other characters named so far belong to other studios.

Abigail Brand? Assuming she doesn't fall under the X-Men contract since she's a mutant

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Koalas March posted:

I have never even thought of that as a possibility, it's a good idea.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

greatn posted:

Monica Rambeau isn't only Captain Marvel! She's also a billion other code names! And she's not Capt. Marvel now ... :colbert:

A movie focusing on Gamora (and maybe Nebula also) could be cool? I'm not sure what you'd do with it, but hey! Honestly, most of the female characters I like best are over in the X-Men franchise, so Marvel can't do anything with 'em.

Make a Wasp movie. gently caress it. Just make an entire movie about Janet Van Dyne. I don't care that she's apparently dead before Ant Man even happens. Give us a Wasp movie.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Is there any confirmation about who owns the rights to Spider-Woman? Story-wise she has no relation to Spider-Man that I know of.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ladyboy pancake posted:

Is there any confirmation about who owns the rights to Spider-Woman? Story-wise she has no relation to Spider-Man that I know of.

Not that I know of. I think Marvel would have the spy one and Sony would have the clone one. And she could definitely carry a film, probably.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

greatn posted:

He also said "Puny God" and it was one of the biggest laugh lines of the film. Everyone loves when the Hulk talks. But they are afraid to make him do it at all, insisting on only one or two lines per picture.

This is precisely why Hulk's dialog is so funny. They're doing it right.

lelandjs posted:

So I finally watched Amazing Spider-Man 2 and...

I can't believe you didn't mention the biggest crime of that movie, the soundtrack. Good Lord, what a patchwork loving mess that is. Songs selected with literally no care whatsoever. Here's Electro rising up out of some blue stuff, let's use the Blue Danube Waltz music because I can't be bothered to think about this scene for longer than a second. Here's a science montage of Peter improving his webshooters, let's use this track by Lumineers wannabe Philip Philips because nothing says "super science" like folksy acoustic instruments and harmonized vocals!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Stature movie, please. (also make her not dead gently caress you Marvel)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looking over a list of female Marvel characters, the only ones not X-men, FF, spider, or a background team character/cheesecake that might work:

Already listed:
Black Widow
She-hulk
Wasp
Captain Marvel
Ms. Marvel
Squirrel Girl (eh)

Not yet listed:
Silver Sable
Misty Knight
Tigra (kinda eh, but she is an Avenger)
Hellcat (might be a more favorible "cat" girl then Tigra, as you wouldn't have to deal with Tigra being, well, Tigra.)
Mockingbird

Also it is really hard to find a list of female Marvel characters that is not just a bunch of non-supers, like Pepper Potts and Maria Hill.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Silver Sable has been mentioned in the rumors about Sony making a Spider-Man spinoff film about a female character (along with Black Cat, so that assumes Sony owns her rights), and Mockingbird is due to appear in Agents of SHIELD Season 2.

Misty Knight and Colleen Wing are almost certainly going to appear in the Luke Cage, Iron Fist, or Defenders Netflix series, along with Jessica Jones (getting her own series) and Elektra (in Daredevil).

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Too bad they haven't done an Elektra movie before! :downs:

I'd be hyped as hell for a Misty Knight movie, but yeah, she's almost certain to appear in one of the Netflix series. Now if she doesn't, then I'll be pissed.

Mockingbird could be fun. Hell, do something with her and Hawkeye (but her as the main, of course). Sharon Carter?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Patsy Walker movie or GTFO, etc. Patsy is the best. :colbert:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I really want more articulate but belligerent rear end in a top hat Hulk.

I want a Joe Fixit movie so bad. Just Grey Hulk hanging out in Las Vegas being an rear end in a top hat while wearing pinstripe suits. I'll settle for one where Grey Hulk eats a storeroom full of sausages before he turns back into Banner just to give Banner indigestion.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

redbackground posted:

Really, all I want in Avengers 3 is a scene with all the heroes going over The Big Plan That Either Saves Everybody Or Destroys Everything, with the Avengers and Guardians mixed around a big holo-table, with Cap on one end, and Rocket on the other, laying out the fine details of this very complicated, one-in-a-millon idea they came up with together, with each passing the next component to the other, back and forth, like something out of Oceans 11.

Ending with Rocket stating he needs Bucky's arm.

greatn posted:

Not that I know of. I think Marvel would have the spy one and Sony would have the clone one. And she could definitely carry a film, probably.

Also I think Sony technically owns the new Gwen Stacy one, except they just killed off Gwen Stacy so they can't do anything with that.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also I think Sony technically owns the new Gwen Stacy one, except they just killed off Gwen Stacy so they can't do anything with that.

Come on, we are talking about Spider-Man here.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The upcoming Power Rangers reboot shows that Hollywood will soon to be moving on from mining the 80s for films to mining the 90s. What does this mean? It means it's time for Marvel Studios to go all out on an Angela film.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Starsnostars posted:

The upcoming Power Rangers reboot shows that Hollywood will soon to be moving on from mining the 80s for films to mining the 90s. What does this mean? It means it's time for Marvel Studios to go all out on an Angela film.

Marvel and Fox jointly rerelease the Generation X movie and pull an inverse-Onslaught that brings the Avengers/X-men together into the same universe instead of splitting them up. Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Aren't the 90's kind of renowned for being creatively bankrupt in a lot of areas? I guess at least the casting rumors for the inevitable Lady Death movie will be entertaining.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Grendels Dad posted:

Aren't the 90's kind of renowned for being creatively bankrupt in a lot of areas? I guess at least the casting rumors for the inevitable Lady Death movie will be entertaining.

The thing that really took of in the 90's, television-wise, was anime, so we can certainly look forward to that.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

e X posted:

The thing that really took of in the 90's, television-wise, was anime, so we can certainly look forward to that.

Yes, bring on the depressing Robotech movie where 90% of the earth gets wiped out!

edit: oh wait, I guess that was 80s too

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 12, 2014

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

e X posted:

Oh man, Dragonball movie!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I guess another thing is they could just make male characters female like with Thor in the comics. I'm thinking the most filmetic one would be Moon Knight, which you could market as a girl batman, or Sentinel, who could have been a woman the whole time but the world only remembered as a man because sexism.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What 90's franchises are there to mine? The best animated shows were the superhero ones and then Power Rangers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Anora posted:

What 90's franchises are there to mine? The best animated shows were the superhero ones and then Power Rangers.

Street Sharks :getin:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Anora posted:

Rambo.

No wait.

Roboco... aw.

That's it: Swamp Thing! I'll allow the Toxic Avenger.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The time has come for the long-awaited revival of Animorphs.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I say, before too long, we will see a pokémon live action movie.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Anora posted:

Biker Mice From Mars? Bucky O'Hare?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Punky Brewster: Punk Harder

Hakkesshu posted:

Street Sharks :getin:

I can see that

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Wherever there is danger, he'll be there.

DANGERMOUSE
SUMMER 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

qntm posted:

Wherever there is danger, he'll be there.

DANGERMOUSE
SUMMER 2016
2015 :ssh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Mouse_%28TV_series%29#Revival

(It's just a new series, not a movie.)

Here's one they already beat us to:

• Locked thread