Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

leidend posted:

Apparently Oreck Canada is run by a single old lady and she never gets any stock (told me I'd have to wait 9+ weeks for a vacuum I needed a month ago) so now I'm the proud owner of this ugly thing

Dyson DC42

'Sup vacuum buddy, I bought this bad boy earlier today-

Hoover Windtunnel 2 Rewind. Was on sale at Target for $99 and I had $60 in gift cards burning a hole in my wallet. I'm 26 and I just bought my first real vacuum cleaner (because every kept giving me their old ones and they all sucked)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

The most exciting purchase picture in this entire thread, clearly.

It's a piece of suede with industrial strength adhesive in the back so I can modify normal shoes into dancing shoes. No more twisted fuckin' ankles on the hardwood floor!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

C-Euro posted:

'Sup vacuum buddy, I bought this bad boy earlier today-

Hoover Windtunnel 2 Rewind. Was on sale at Target for $99 and I had $60 in gift cards burning a hole in my wallet. I'm 26 and I just bought my first real vacuum cleaner (because every kept giving me their old ones and they all sucked)

My wife cleaned our eterninly Cheerioed house with this model. It lasted a year and half of being used a few times a day now so at that price it's not bad.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

This is a hot pile of garbage.

It not. It's a standard Mark Miller affair. Grotesque action, little to no story. He's the Michael Bay of comic book writers. Everyone should read this. I love it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

obi_ant posted:

It not. It's a standard Mark Miller affair. Grotesque action, little to no story. He's the Michael Bay of comic book writers. Everyone should read this. I love it.

I'm fine with mindless action comics but the characters don't behave in any logical sense or in a way that is in keeping with their principles. Logan is a pacifist, for reasons that make total sense later on but you cannot go two pages without him saying how much he won't fight and how people need to stop asking even though no one is asking. Hawkeye calls him out once but doesn't resolve anything.

And let's not forget how, SOMEHOW, all of Bruce Banner's children/grandchildren are all giant green monsters but he's still a normal dude who can hulk out. Like, I would accept him passing the hulk transformation on to his kin but they are hulked ALL THE TIME and are cannibals because Miller needed more violence somehow.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Been running in my wife's neutral hand me downs, finally got my feet looked at and it turns out I have a slight pronation. Finally got my first pair of serious running shoes.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Fozaldo posted:

Been running in my wife's neutral hand me downs...

How big are your wife's feet? :monocle:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

C-Euro posted:

(because every kept giving me their old ones and they all sucked)

Isn't that kind of the point?

beato posted:

How small are his?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

beato posted:

Maybe it's two ladies.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
My wife is a UK 9.5 I'm a 10.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Tulip Candy posted:

The most exciting purchase picture in this entire thread, clearly.

It's a piece of suede with industrial strength adhesive in the back so I can modify normal shoes into dancing shoes. No more twisted fuckin' ankles on the hardwood floor!

or you can turn your butt into a toboggan butt

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

5.11 Shield Boots to replace my very well worn down everyday boots.

Benchmade Hunt Series First Production
Wanted a nice knife that will last a long time.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

X-E2 with an 18mm f/2. Got a great deal, seems like a really nice little camera too.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

And let's not forget how, SOMEHOW, all of Bruce Banner's children/grandchildren are all giant green monsters but he's still a normal dude who can hulk out. Like, I would accept him passing the hulk transformation on to his kin but they are hulked ALL THE TIME and are cannibals because Miller needed more violence somehow.

Isn't She-Hulk always hulked out though?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

davebo posted:

Isn't She-Hulk always hulked out though?

She can change at will. She just likes being She Hulk.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Got a new mountain bike!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fozaldo posted:

My wife is a UK 9.5 I'm a 10.

Crazy - my hands are bigger than my wife's feet.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

New bike helmet 'cause my old one is cracked a bit in the foam skeleton - not good for the whole saving your brains thing. KASK Mojito! This has to be the best fitting helmet I've ever tried - they have a more expensive and flashier model, the Vertigo, but it's not as comfortable to me. You can't see it in the photo but the back-of-head cradle bit is amazingly well designed, it swings up or down on a pivot for extra support and stability. You know how your skull has a little nub in the back? The occipital bone, I think? You can adjust the cradle to sit right below the nub for maximum grab.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Aug 12, 2014

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

leidend posted:

Crazy - my hands are bigger than my wife's feet.

You know what they say about girls with big feet :pervert:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Keetron posted:

Isn't that kind of the point?

Hopefully this one will suck more, andin the good way :v:

Nothingman
Sep 12, 2007

Singin' in the rain
[quote="Whoforthenwhat" post="433423929"]

the shiny part on these peels off pretty quick and the soles love to detach, particularly around the heel or the middle on either side, around the 1 month mark, just to let you know.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Bates has a similar product but I only expect a year out of them with hard use. I'm on my 7th pair but for $80 I don't expect the world.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

LingcodKilla posted:

My wife cleaned our eterninly Cheerioed house with this model. It lasted a year and half of being used a few times a day now so at that price it's not bad.

Those things come with 5-year warranties, so if it crapped out after a year and a half you should be able to get it fixed for free.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Those things come with 5-year warranties, so if it crapped out after a year and a half you should be able to get it fixed for free.

Your one of those guys who saves receipts and stuff eh?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

LingcodKilla posted:

Your one of those guys who saves receipts and stuff eh?

That's why you buy everything online and save the emails, yes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You should just need the serial# on the machine.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I feel like a wasteful American now. Thanks guys.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Won an ebay auction for a Xbox 360 slim for 27 dollars, with no hard drive and a broken disc drive, and the seller (a pawn shop) lived about an hour away from me. Bought the power cable for 10 bucks more when I drove there to pick it up.

I still have my launch 360 (no RROD yet!) but my kids have taken it over for Kinect and Minecraft. I'm just using this for Ultra Street Fighter 4, so I plugged in a 16GB flash drive and I'm good to go.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Nothingman posted:

[quote="Whoforthenwhat" post="433423929"]

the shiny part on these peels off pretty quick and the soles love to detach, particularly around the heel or the middle on either side, around the 1 month mark, just to let you know.

Thanks for the heads up. With the amount of walking I do each day, if they don't last a month, I still have the receipt and will be letting them know. Its hard to find nice, smart-ish looking boots with a safety toe that I can walk around in lots :(

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Dropped like $80 to make myself feel massively insecure about my ability as an artist. Vania Zouravliov is nuts.

And on Saturday...

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hello new tattoo friend

I also have recently acquired this

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

RCarr posted:

You know what they say about girls with big feet :pervert:

They're really good at Boggle?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Fozaldo posted:

Been running in my wife's neutral hand me downs, finally got my feet looked at and it turns out I have a slight pronation. Finally got my first pair of serious running shoes.

I had the same problem and got the same-ish shoe, just its ugly green cousin. My shin splints and knee pain faded without me even having to stop running. Best shoes ever.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I had been in the market for a portable recorder for some time - mostly to record rehearsals and live shows, as well as audio for video projects.

Finally pulled the trigger on this:

a Zoom h6. Built in stereo pair, 4 combo xlr/trs inputs - loads of expansion options. Should be arriving tonight. Pretty jazzed about it.

FredLordofCheese
Aug 16, 2005

Hey there, here's your pizza, may I ask why you are wearing that sheer robe?
Got a new bike!

Matches my other one

A bit of a fixer upper, but I am gonna clean it up and give it to a friend who currently rides a 15 year old full suspension Walmart boat anchor.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Those images are loving massive.

I ordered this bad boy. And I will be the first ever to review this item ever anywhere. On Amazon.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That's an awesome looking cold brew system. I just bought a decent french press to do mine, how quickly does that thing brew?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I haven't received it yet. A local restaurant has a big one that looks like a chemistry project so that got me interested. I've used this cold brew recipe a few times and it works out well, it's pretty simple -

1/3 cup ground coffee (medium-coarse grind is best)
Milk (optional).

1. In a jar, stir together coffee and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight or 12 hours.

2. Strain twice through a coffee filter, a fine-mesh sieve or a sieve lined with cheesecloth. In a tall glass filled with ice, mix equal parts coffee concentrate and water, or to taste. If desired, add milk.

Yield: Two drinks.

NOTE: To make hot coffee, dilute concentrate one-to-one with water and heat in the microwave.

two more recent purchases -

colas has a new favorite as of 02:07 on Aug 14, 2014

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Tastes like an iced coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I've been meaning to try that or Whey HD. This ON Vanilla I have has practically no flavor.