Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

madpanda posted:

Is the OP still pretty up to date for a new player? Particularly in regards to spending the free GP.

Pretty much, its just missing the videos of me going through setup, installation, and drinking myself into a coma while doing tutorials in moon speak that I dont understand.

E: Working on getting those done seeing as next week is the ideal time to join its going to be AMAZING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

yea already finished them and played a bunch of massives last night. I confused the blueprints for mechanic tickets and didn't realize i could build a bunch of new suits. Does playing 11 spins of the gp gachacon guarantee a bp? I know i ended up with a rick dom and thats what I was aiming for.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

madpanda posted:

yea already finished them and played a bunch of massives last night. I confused the blueprints for mechanic tickets and didn't realize i could build a bunch of new suits. Does playing 11 spins of the gp gachacon guarantee a bp? I know i ended up with a rick dom and thats what I was aiming for.

11 spins has the best chance of winning a featured suit.

Even if you don't get what you want it has better value when you resell items so that you can gamble again.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

what does the blue button at the bottom left of the reward screen say, after selecting the boxes and having them all revealed. The screen after seems to be an option to buy them all, but im talking about the one before. I Have been hitting the bottom right which i thought was just ok and exit but now for the second time i'm not seeing a new golden blueprint to build even though i got one, and my current stock hasn't risen.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

madpanda posted:

what does the blue button at the bottom left of the reward screen say, after selecting the boxes and having them all revealed. The screen after seems to be an option to buy them all, but im talking about the one before. I Have been hitting the bottom right which i thought was just ok and exit but now for the second time i'm not seeing a new golden blueprint to build even though i got one, and my current stock hasn't risen.

At end of the match, you can choose some boxes at the end as your reward. Bottom right button skips that process and picks them starting from the bottom left.

When you promote/demote, that blue button skips the 7 match cooling period where matches don't count towards promotion/demotion.

If you have 8 mobile suits already, you can't build any more either sell suits(get rid of starters) or use deck cost tickets(Takes 10 to increase MS capacity permanently by +1).

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Found another Pale rider with Al Borland tonight :laugh:

drat, that's a blurry screenshot. We were about to destroy him before the round ended.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

Found another Pale rider with Al Borland tonight :laugh:

drat, that's a blurry screenshot. We were about to destroy him before the round ended.

I fired single shot after single shot into his burned out fleeing back. Lil bastard was lucky I was one more bullet from getting him.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Still need to rank up quite a bit before you can join the guild right?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Not seeing you in the recruit applicant window. Just gonna search up your player name and give you an invite.

Is your character named madpanda? If so, you should have a clan invite in the mail.

Also, servers will be down tonight since the war is closing. Zeon's 16th victory in a row this week :3:.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 6, 2014

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

yep i'm in. Couldn't find a clan chat for the life of me.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

madpanda posted:

yep i'm in. Couldn't find a clan chat for the life of me.

Should be up for you by now... in chat press tab to swap chat channels. Green is clan chat.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
6/7 big clan challenges done! We did it! :toot:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
^
That 2700 kills/assists challenge was pretty much destroying 3/4 of the EFSF population on the server... in a single week :getin:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

^
That 2700 kills/assists challenge was pretty much destroying 3/4 of the EFSF population on the server... in a single week :getin:

So good to see our numbers and power swell.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
QQ bazooka blast expansion I guess im gonna be grinding for some more of these since I wanted a Rocket Shooter

basically a upgraded version of the tri star but....it doesn't have the 10k bazooka F, its an overall nice unit but idk it'd prolly just be better to pay an xtra 20 cost and just make an act zaku but this is still a nice freebie I suppose

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 6, 2014

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/event/20140806/

is this rewards table for matches played or won?

Also looking at gacha 3 or 8 for a meleer (thats not the duel sword one) and it helps that i love gouf. Is it a big problem that Z'gok is water based and most of the map seems to be on land so far?

ChaiCalico fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 6, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

madpanda posted:

http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/event/20140806/

is this rewards table for matches played or won?

Also looking at gacha 3 or 8 for a meleer (thats not the duel sword one) and it helps that i love gouf. Is it a big problem that Z'gok is water based and most of the map seems to be on land so far?

Just play massive vs mode, win or lose you will still get paid points towards the rewards table. Wins are worth more of course.

The dual sword suit, ifrit custom is the most specialized one. It's strong in melee but suffers in any sort of ranged battle. Strongest melee suit in the GP Gashacon.

I recommend prototype Gelgoog or Garibaldi alpha for your first high performance assault, they are space warfare capable(Unlike gouf, which is ground only), can give a good fight in melee, and silver prints of this suit can pack bazooka f. This weapon has a lot of utility and is worth learning to use effectively.

Gelgoog/Garibaldi alpha are all-rounders, they can melee well and pack good guns. Gouf/Gouf custom lean towards being more melee specialized and have less weapon variety.

Aquatic units get a damage and speed boost in water but are at a disadvantage on land vs other assaults because they can't wield bazookas.

E: Gouf works out as a melee grunt suit, but silvers of this suit aren't as good as silvers of other similar costing assaults. If you get a gold print its quite good, you get a bazooka.

Also MS capacity is tight when you start off (Only 8 suits can be owned initially, the event will give you garage tickets to get more suit slots), and I think it's best if most of your suits are ground/space capable instead of one or the other. Maybe grab an aquatic suit or two as well.

Increase mobile suit hanger capacity is near the top of the window when building suits. You need 10 Garage tickets for each additional MS slot.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 6, 2014

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Ok just did my first real match (post rank 14 when its no longer a bunch of bots and people who don't know how to play). I noticed some new buttons on the score screen, what are they? Also i'm still not clear on the rank up test system, does one of the buttons just delay the test and if you don't click it your next massive queue will be the test?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

madpanda posted:

Ok just did my first real match (post rank 14 when its no longer a bunch of bots and people who don't know how to play). I noticed some new buttons on the score screen, what are they? Also i'm still not clear on the rank up test system, does one of the buttons just delay the test and if you don't click it your next massive queue will be the test?

Refer to the english wiki

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
Made my 2nd vincent zaku another blast expansion trait...this one did crit atleast..the grind continues!

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
I got rocket shooter on my silver Zaku VG. I am having trouble deciding how to kit it though. Never been a fan of melee but the gun options seem kind of lackluster. Anyone have some advice?

All things considered this suit is a monster! Loving it so far.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Fangthane posted:

I got rocket shooter on my silver Zaku VG. I am having trouble deciding how to kit it though. Never been a fan of melee but the gun options seem kind of lackluster. Anyone have some advice?

All things considered this suit is a monster! Loving it so far.

Thats a start if u dont like melee dont use it I currently use the charge bzf with the type m magella gun. Use either the bzf or the charge bzf for sure its personal preference whether u like the mg or the magella cannon but the knock down with a bzf followed by a magella cannon is a prttty nice combo the quick switch module is a really good one for this unit since ull be switching a lot that unit has some pretty good loading capacity so if u can avoid using a 3rd gun then thatll make u less likely to get knocked down by the less op units

The big difference between gold and silver is no shoulder charge melee that and you can only upgrade the unit 20x instead of 30. Ull get a gold one eventually from the event so idk if u rly wanna go all out upgrading that silver or not

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 8, 2014

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.

Zeirnaton posted:

Thats a start if u dont like melee dont use it I currently use the charge bzf with the type m magella gun. Use either the bzf or the charge bzf for sure its personal preference whether u like the mg or the magella cannon but the knock down with a bzf followed by a magella cannon is a prttty nice combo the quick switch module is a really good one for this unit since ull be switching a lot that unit has some pretty good loading capacity so if u can avoid using a 3rd gun then thatll make u less likely to get knocked down by the less op units

The big difference between gold and silver is no shoulder charge melee that and you can only upgrade the unit 20x instead of 30. Ull get a gold one eventually from the event so idk if u rly wanna go all out upgrading that silver or not

Yea that's the other consideration I'm making. I don't think it would be in my best interest to fully kit it if I'm going to start all over again at...50 points? Regardless this is will still let me get a feel for it in combat. Thanks for the advice!

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
GP Gashacon volume 19 coming next war:

EFSF

RX78-2 Gundam and Desert GM Assault

ZEON

High Mobility Type Gelgoog and Desert Zaku Assault

Also, new "common" print suits coming:

Pretty much sets a new standard for GP Gashacon assaults, since gold of these suits get sturmfausts, strong choices for each side.

Aqua GM(Heavy equipment), a Zaku Marine mirror. Feds have been begging hard for a grunt suit like this...
Zaku Marine(Support Equipment), a GM Sloop mirror. Easy to access Aquatic Support for Zeon. Before you had to pay 50 play tickets to get an Agg, if you wanted an aqua support.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 8, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Dang was hoping for a Jaeger in that box.

If you're getting the new free zaku and you SHOULD. Save for the gold. It's a solid unit, a heavy, and newbie friendly.
Holy cow is it good for what you get quick switch is the best trait imo or rocket damage.

Run the beam bazooka and the medea its basically a godly J2.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Al Borland posted:

Run the beam bazooka and the medea its basically a godly J2.

What?
glad to see I can finally cheaply upgrade my desert zaku and hmt goog now

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 9, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zeirnaton posted:

What?
glad to see I can finally cheaply upgrade my desert zaku and hmt goog now

yeah sorry meant the magella gun.

Anyways holy crap this new unit is FANTASTIC. I strongly recommend if you are considering playing this game. Start now, this unit will get you ahead in the long run and be a long term fighting suit. Our guild is almost rank 7 and we've got a ton of active members now almost enough for two full platoons which is fantastic.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

you are talking about the blue vg zaku ?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
New HMT Vincent Zaku is the best charged bazooka unit. Packs good weapon set and has nice stats for the cost.

Next week, some balance changes.

-They're taking away the invincibility from Pixie melee boost attacks.
-Turrets and base anti-arty will regenerate 1 minute after they were destroyed. So if you're getting stomped, you won't get stomped as hard I guess, until they destroy the base defense again...

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Back in Japan! I would have let you know what was going on but as soon as I got back in June, I was on a flight to Singapore to board the ship.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

Back in Japan! I would have let you know what was going on but as soon as I got back in June, I was on a flight to Singapore to board the ship.

Don't worry about it. It's Good to see you again! I'm down for wrecking feddies again with you if I catch you online again hah. Clan has been doing very well lately, hope you got a lot of GP/Master tickets waiting for you in that rewards bin.

The EFSF got some nice new suits lately but it hasn't helped them to win the war yet. They've lost 16 times in a row so far, and we're going to make it Zeon's 17th victory in a row come Tuesday.

The new Zaku is quite good at destroying the popular Alex Gundams and GLAs, particularly if rocket shooter traited. Still used to winning fights in the Act Zaku though, so I'm running that in its place.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
Well it's good to know my luck on the real Gachapon doesn't transfer to the games Gachapon. I visited Akihabara recently and won a Kampfer and Gundam ALEX from the last two pods in the machine. I can pretend to blow up the ALEX at my desk at work, I guess.

I'm going to be away from the game for a couple of weeks coming up soon. Figure I'd let you know in case of another purge!

Fangthane fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 12, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Fangthane posted:

Well it's good to know my luck on the real Gachapon doesn't transfer to the games Gachapon. I visited Akihabara recently and won a Kampfer and Gundam ALEX from the last two pods in the machine. I can pretend to blow up the ALEX at my desk at work, I guess.

I'm going to be away from the game for a couple of weeks coming up soon. Figure I'd let you know in case of another purge!

Relax, you've been active since you've joined up with us, you're nowhere near the cutting block.

Who knows we might get a GLA mirror when you get back hah.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

All the cool people see this when clicking efsf on character select.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
At first I was just trying it out to see how much I'd enjoy it before posting. Little did I know just how fun the game actually is, even exceeding my own expectations on that regard until before I knew it, I was already promoted enough to join the guild. I joined recently as Katagewa, your angry-looking anime (before I realised that the 'Types' on character creation was actually referring to your face, not your hairstyle).

Multiple times was I tempted to join the ESFS after finding out how much easier a time they had with stupidly fast suits on their side while stuck playing the beginner map, but I'm glad I stuck around to Sieg Zeon to the end of that hell to see that the reality is quite different on the real 50v50 maps.
Was a little worried at first considering some of the suits people were already pulling out in the beginner maps, but so far it feels like I can still do a fairly good job using a gold support and gold sniper using an upgraded 135mm Type-F.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Karistar posted:

At first I was just trying it out to see how much I'd enjoy it before posting. Little did I know just how fun the game actually is, even exceeding my own expectations on that regard until before I knew it, I was already promoted enough to join the guild. I joined recently as Katagewa, your angry-looking anime (before I realised that the 'Types' on character creation was actually referring to your face, not your hairstyle).

Multiple times was I tempted to join the ESFS after finding out how much easier a time they had with stupidly fast suits on their side while stuck playing the beginner map, but I'm glad I stuck around to Sieg Zeon to the end of that hell to see that the reality is quite different on the real 50v50 maps.
Was a little worried at first considering some of the suits people were already pulling out in the beginner maps, but so far it feels like I can still do a fairly good job using a gold support and gold sniper using an upgraded 135mm Type-F.

Glad you're with us! Yeah, just got your application tonight.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Karistar posted:

... but so far it feels like I can still do a fairly good job using a gold support and gold sniper using an upgraded 135mm Type-F.

Get the charge beam sniper if you like playing sniper. I have four of them myself and getting one hit kills owns. :getin:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Ralconn posted:

Get the charge beam sniper if you like playing sniper. I have four of them myself and getting one hit kills owns. :getin:

Highly recommended if you're a good shot. Ideally, it should be range traited.

Run Charged beam F and semi-auto beam F. As for suit stats, up load capacity until you can avoid a negative balance penalty with this setup, then pump homing since by default the homing is quite bad. If points are left over, get movement speed/boost capacity.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
its coming! Aug 20th!

Adjust weapon "Jirain (Light Armor)" (aka GLA) of the fuselage of "heavy rifle"
○ Changing the bullet speed
▼ target weapon
Heavy Rifle
Heavy Rifle M
Heavy rifle F ▼ changes I will drop the bullet speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zeirnaton posted:

its coming! Aug 20th!

Adjust weapon "Jirain (Light Armor)" (aka GLA) of the fuselage of "heavy rifle"
○ Changing the bullet speed
▼ target weapon
Heavy Rifle
Heavy Rifle M
Heavy rifle F ▼ changes I will drop the bullet speed.

Not the missile change I was looking for :(

• Locked thread