Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I threw together a ghost team; Giritina, Mega Gengar, Chandelure, Golurk, Mismagius, & Jellicent. Some of them can take a STAB Dark attack, but I guess the best option is to get some Colbur Berrys.
Kinda surprised how good Golurk is with Iron Fist, if only he could learn Sucker Punch..

Choice scarfed Jolteon with Shadow Ball swept the whole team this morning :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Iron Fist doesn't boost Sucker Punch, unfortunately.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

.TakaM posted:

I threw together a ghost team; Giritina, Mega Gengar, Chandelure, Golurk, Mismagius, & Jellicent. Some of them can take a STAB Dark attack, but I guess the best option is to get some Colbur Berrys.
Kinda surprised how good Golurk is with Iron Fist, if only he could learn Sucker Punch..

You have a Ghost team, but no Sableye?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

.TakaM posted:

I battled a guy with an all ghost team on Pokebattle the other day. If that was you, sorry!

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Crosspeice posted:

I know a Pokemon who would love those moves and maybe even those outfits. :negative:

Raichu? I agree.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

.TakaM posted:

Golurk is amazing. Too bad it can't learn Ice Punch in Gen 6.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So how stupid would it be for me to make a Harvest Exeggutor, Tropius, or Trevenant holding a Starf berry, where the idea is I intentionally get down to a really low HP using Substitute, and then get free boosts to random stats every time Harvest activates?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
That sounds like a solid 7 on the dumb gimmick scale.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
But a solid 10 on the awesome gimmick scale if you can figure out a way to keep it alive. (Audino partner, maybe?)

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

dovetaile posted:

Raichu? I agree.

Poor Raichu. I raise one in most of my playthroughs (Pikachu is almost universally available and with a few exceptions, the other common electric types are utter poo poo) and I'm saddened by how much GameFreak pretends it doesn't exist.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Thunderstones are the only store-bought stones from the first game that can't be bought in the Stone Emporium in X/Y is to make evolving Pikachu as difficult as possible.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Doubles is a bad format for Substitute abuse because there are two enemy attacks per turn, and generation 6 is a bad metagame for grass types because of Talonflame. It's so easy to disrupt that I can't see it working outside of rotation, which is the best format anyway.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

You have a Ghost team, but no Sableye?
Yeah no Aegislash either, just didn't want to use them.. My obviously hacked shiny Giritina I'm okay with though

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Just thinking about other Ghost types has led me to realize how cool it would be if we get a Ghost/Fighting type in Gen 7, or at least a new Mega Evolution that adds a ghost typing like say... Mienshao! It doesn't need to come with a major design overhaul since it would be best if it resembles a Jiangshi, a Chinese hopping specter. That would be my dream Mega Evolution.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ghost/Fighting is a type I've wanted to see for a long time, and I hope it gets an actual pokemon to represent it instead of just a mega evolution.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
When Ghost/Fighting is brought up, I can only picture this guy.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
All that mouse talk has convinced me to do a mouse run next time. :)
I've been pleasantly surprised playing with Raticate on the random showdown matches and I've never actually used one.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

leaked megas revealed by mistake on the korean pokemon website

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pixeltendo posted:

Is this a joke post? I honestly can't if you're being serious or if this is a joke.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is this a joke post? I honestly can't if you're being serious or if this is a joke.

http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/?inc=special_site-oras-sub03_05_09
http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/?inc=special_site-oras-sub03_05_10

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
I still can't tell whether or not that's serious because I can't read Korean.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I'm surprised Mega-Slow doesn't look really dumb in 3d. I actually kind of like it. Is it a Slowbro or Slowking mega?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ahaha oh man MegaSlow(King/Bro) is so good because the shell went mega not him.

Audino is cool, too.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

it is posted:

I still can't tell whether or not that's serious because I can't read Korean.

It's the official Korean site.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
Oh. Well that's cool then! Defensive megas are something I can get behind, as a recovering stall player.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Pixeltendo posted:

"Help, I'm being eaten by my power up!"

Audino looks cute, I take it it's going to get fairy thrown in? Think of the experience! :getin:

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is it a Slowbro or Slowking mega?

Bro, apparently.

According to people translating on Twitter, Mega Slowbro gets Shell Armor and boosts to defense and special attack. Mega Audino becomes Normal/Fairy and gets Healer and boosts to both defenses.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Doc V posted:

Mega Audino becomes Normal/Fairy and gets Healer and boosts to both defenses.

Instant Doubles God.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Mega Slowbro's face! I can't stop laughing at it. It knows.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I really wish that Mega Slowbro was real. 'Guys ... help?'

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'm new to competitive pokemon. Where should I play if eventually want to compete in vgc. I don't really get global link or any of the jngame stuff. Is there a competitive ladder with vgc rules?

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I really wish that Mega Slowbro was real. 'Guys ... help?'

It's real. It's from the official Korean site. They revealed it accidentally.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ahahahaha, Mega Slowbro looks so stupid, I love it. :allears:

And we can add Audino to the list of Pokemon that will never get actual evolutions. Megas do make it so we can have 'new' Pokemon every game pretty much, but when does it end? Until everyone is mega? Will every new game add around 10-20 new megas each time?

Still want more though, it's a cool concept if anything else.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
Yessss, so gen5s can get megas, WHERE IS GALVANTULITE?! Also Volcaronite please, thanks.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Voltin Bolt posted:

Yessss, so gen5s can get megas, WHERE IS GALVANTULITE?! Also Volcaronite please, thanks.

Mega Stunfisk or bust

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
As if Megaslow isn't attached to a cloyster. Come on.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

So apparently Mega Audino can de-evolve pokemon in combat.
I hope to Arceus that's a fake.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
How the gently caress would that even work?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd assume it would readjust the stats and ability to the previous form, but i'm not sure how it would go about doing that since there is no move or ability that has that function at this point.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's just using Heal Pulse and the screenshots are a beta layout of what would go up, so any mistakes haven't been ironed out. Most likely they're just messing around with the game, which is why Mega Audino doesn't have the mega symbol by its name. Things will change when the page officially goes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
There is no way that could be true. It wouldn't even make sense. It's got to be just two different battles pasted together.

• Locked thread