Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

UntrainedEye posted:

Just a heads-up to my alliance members in G.O.O.N.--in-game name Dx34. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread.

I had a pretty bad hardware failure about three weeks ago and have since been trying to put the pieces back together. In doing so, I ended up installing Steam on a new hard drive. I still have access to the files on the old hard drive (thankfully that wasn't one of the components that failed--it's just no longer the primary drive for the system). When I logged back in to the game on the new install, all my characters, progress, points--you name it--it was all gone. Stuck me right back in the tutorial. Steam still says I have some 280 hours logged in the drat game, but nothing to show for it. In a final fit of caustic optimism, I even redid the tutorial just to see if that would somehow get me back to where I was. You can probably guess how that went.

In the meantime, I've been scouring google for a fix, and trading emails with the D3Publisher support folks for weeks now, but they've been essentially useless.

So anyway, I meant to get on here earlier to tell the G.O.O.N. fellows I hadn't abandoned them by choice. And also to ask that if anyone's had a problem like this before and has any tips, any help would be welcome.

(And somehow the dumbest part of all this is that if I can't ever get this resolved, I can't even log back into the alliance to demote myself to a non-commander to free up my slot. So, sorry guys.)

Does the PC version link with Facebook? That's how I was able to get my save back on mobile, reconnected to Facebook (after getting past the mandatory tutorial) and when I restarted it, everything was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You need to transfer over your save files from your old drive if you still have access to them.

UntrainedEye
Jul 6, 2006
I'm not actually on Facebook, so that's a no-go.

Finding the save files on the old machine has proven to be tricky, since it seems everybody's got a different take on where Demiurge stores them. I've been all over forums trying to figure out which files are the important ones, and where to put them in the new install so that the game recognizes them. I've tried dozens of combinations, but so far, no good.

That's why I finally went to the D3 support. I was hoping for a cut-and-dry "take these from here and put them here" kind of deal. So far, though, all they've had me do is jump through hoops and explain the problem to them four or five different ways, as if I were talking to a new person with every new support message back from them.

Anyway, I didn't come here to gripe--just to let my alliance know that I still working on getting back in the game.

Thanks for the ideas, though, and if anyone's got any others, I'd be glad to hear them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All you should need is to copy your mpq_save.dat over to your new machine.

edit, scratch that, they seem to have migrated to steam cloud sometime ago.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6530

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 31, 2014

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I'm flooded with useless Bullseye and Yelena powerups while every opponent I face this PVP gets to double dip on Patch powers. Was this thing playtested at all?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Search your heart.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Should be in Steam\userdata\(some #)\234330\remote\mpq_save.dat

Of course it should also sync on Steam automatically, so who knows.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

Was this thing playtested at all?
nope.avi

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

Was this thing playtested at all?

Why bother? They have players for that poo poo.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Edit

Happy Bear Suit fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 2, 2014

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

There are about 4 people in the pizza dog alliance who have been inactive for about a month - if anyone wants to join I will give one of them the boot. No particular scores needed or anything.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Not to give away all my ~secrets~ but I've seriously realized here... do not join PvE events until about 2-3 days before the end, unless they're new and you want the story, or to grind ISO or something. I skipped the first half of the last one and still managed to hit the top progression prize and 35th place. 60k was a low top progression, but when it's the higher one, 150k or whatever, it's generally completely out of reach regardless.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah this totally still works with PvP. I Played about 25 mins on one recently about 4 hours before it ended, got just over 200 points and finished with a 3* reward. Seems like playing less is worth more.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yup the ol' trick of waiting to avoid the whale bracket still works. Also it seems like shields are used way less which is what caused me to stop playing in the first place.

[e] Deadpool seems like he would be pretty rad for anti-tank measures in pvp.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 1, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Teamups are kind of a pain in the rear end, I never get enough points to use one before I finish the match unless I really focus on only matching teamup icons. So now my inventory is full

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Teamups are kind of a pain in the rear end, I never get enough points to use one before I finish the match unless I really focus on only matching teamup icons. So now my inventory is full

Yep that's what I'm seeing too. This means I only end up using the team ups I want to get rid of. Also they don't persist as selected between matches, that would be hugely helpful right now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, Deadpool event is pretty funny so far. The animation for WHALES! WHALES! WHALES! is hilarious, dunno how you get the points yet (but I can guess)

e: ha, it's taking the piss out of "Essential" missions now. With Essential missions. Swing and a miss.

e2: heh, ran into Bag-Man "Nobody likes you!"

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 1, 2014

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
His speech bubbles aren't yellow and this bothers me greatly.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GTO posted:

There are about 4 people in the pizza dog alliance who have been inactive for about a month - if anyone wants to join I will give one of them the boot. No particular scores needed or anything.

I'll play at least once a month, good enough?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It also appears you can't use team ups if your head character goes down. Did they want this new feature to be useless?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

kdrudy posted:

Did they want this new feature to be useless?

SynthOrange posted:

Search your heart.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, Deadpool VS the villains was pretty funny in the end.

Also I ended up winning a fight against Sentry because he blew everyone up with World Rupture apart from Hulk, and there were enough Strike Tiles for every hit to trigger Anger, so Hulk went mad and beat up the entire enemy team. Hulk is great.

Also also I realised the fight with Bag-Man actually has all three characters being poo poo ones nobody likes.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have an alliance slot left for me? I'm new at this game, but active.

e: IG name is zeesik

zeesik fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 3, 2014

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Ares and Loki get to talk for the first time all campaign!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm Greek.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Double post, but hooray, Deadpool exploded the servers! Will we get anything nice out of that? Probably not.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Stuff came through a moment ago.

Started the Deadpool thing way too early and got killed by whales. Started the Thor event late and got killed by lvl 249 Thors. This is life, I suppose.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

From enough points to get 2 DP covers before the "crash" or whatever, to getting a Wolverine cover after things settle down.

Well, gently caress this game's stupid loot treadmill for awhile I guess.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

DrowningHarvey posted:

Why bother? They have players for that poo poo.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Player tested, player disapproved.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

zeesik posted:

Anyone have an alliance slot left for me? I'm new at this game, but active.

e: IG name is zeesik

I've just kicked 2 of the long term inactive people in pizza dog so please join! I think it's a private alliance so you'll need to tick that when searching.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The crash actually benefited me as I had managed a meager point 4th in a late Thor push but then everything went kaput so I still got 4th without having to play anymore :toot:

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer

GTO posted:

I've just kicked 2 of the long term inactive people in pizza dog so please join! I think it's a private alliance so you'll need to tick that when searching.

Thanks! Sent a request.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahahah the servers are dead again.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

SynthOrange posted:

Ahahahah the servers are dead again.

Look who's still playing :banjo:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant play that which does not live.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Yeah, so how about that Deadpool? Pretty wacky, Deadpool.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's a good thing his whales is decent on its own without the money mechanic, because getting those points is really slow.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Any spots in pizza dog opening up? Or any other active alliance? My alliance has slowly died. Im pretty active and play daily.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm really liking using Punisher. His countdown tile is easy to throw out there, and it blocks Black Widow's heal move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

triplexpac posted:

I'm really liking using Punisher. His countdown tile is easy to throw out there, and it blocks Black Widow's heal move.
He works well with her as well - her double-attack ability uses strike tiles for each hit. The two of them are my go-to team for PVE matches with no heros on the other team.