Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Why couldn't it have been Tim Allen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Until an hourish ago I had Robin Williams confused with Robert De Niro :(

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Okay, following the DeNiro comment I'm going to say with total justification for the first time: YOU KIDS TODAY.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

tentative8e8op posted:

How is this even possible?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How is this even possible?

They kinda look the same if you squint. Also if you're under the age of twenty all you know of DeNiro is bad self-parody roles :(

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Wolfsheim posted:

They kinda look the same if you squint.

Li'l bit

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
My Robbin Williams related confusion is always with Woody Allen. If you tell me the name 'Robbin Williams' I'll immediately know who it is, but if I try to think of Woody Allen's name I always come up with Robbin Williams, and I realize I'm wrong as soon as I say it but can't recall Woody's actual name.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mehuyael posted:

My Robbin Williams related confusion is always with Woody Allen. If you tell me the name 'Robbin Williams' I'll immediately know who it is, but if I try to think of Woody Allen's name I always come up with Robbin Williams, and I realize I'm wrong as soon as I say it but can't recall Woody's actual name.

Many people have trouble remembering Woody Harrelson.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Most D&D posters have some sort of secret button that turns them into complete insufferable zealots and/or pedants when a certain topic is broached. For some people it's guns, other people Israel, other people the CIA, and so on. Excepting fishmech, because he's always like that.

For me it's BMWs from before 1995

e: someone told me I had a v6 in my car and I had to spend the next 10 minutes explaining why I6s are different and superior

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Pentagon has released a statement on the death of Robin Williams.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

StandardVC10 posted:

Most D&D posters have some sort of secret button that turns them into complete insufferable zealots and/or pedants when a certain topic is broached.

Bors! :argh:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great comedian Robin Williams is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But Doctor... I am Robin Williams." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

StandardVC10 posted:

Most D&D posters have some sort of secret button that turns them into complete insufferable zealots and/or pedants when a certain topic is broached. For some people it's guns, other people Israel, other people the CIA, and so on. Excepting fishmech, because he's always like that.

Yeah, this is pretty true.

eVVV

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 12, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A button labelled "TOPIC: OTHER POSTERS"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Many people have trouble remembering Woody Harrelson.

Woody Harrelson is awesome though. Not especially his movies or anything, which only range from decent to bad, but just sort of generally he seems to be a pretty alright guy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Woody Harrelson is awesome though. Not especially his movies or anything, which only range from decent to bad, but just sort of generally he seems to be a pretty alright guy.

I guess you haven't seen True Detective.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

zoux posted:

I guess you haven't seen True Detective.

Zombieland? Everybody likes Zombieland.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kingpin as well.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Yeah Woody stole Zombieland.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Owned.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
You guys are forgetting Woody's greatest movie:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah, I haven't seen any of those. I don't really watch many movies any more, honestly. I did try to watch Zombieland once, but it wasn't available streaming on Netflix and I couldn't be arsed to do it some other way.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah, I haven't seen any of those. I don't really watch many movies any more, honestly. I did try to watch Zombieland once, but it wasn't available streaming on Netflix and I couldn't be arsed to do it some other way.

Oh, huh. I remember it was on Netflix for like 6 months. I'm sure it'll come back again. Check it out when it does.

I was kind of lukewarm on it, but the ending half-hour or so is great.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Bob James posted:

Do you have orange-throwing video

TIA

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

SedanChair posted:

Do you have orange-throwing video

TIA

I couldn't find that, but you can have this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqoH6dDyZmk

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

zoux posted:

Kingpin as well.

And A Scanner Darkly and Wag the Dog (allthough he really only had a cameo in that one). I seem to be only one that like Money Train though, I wish he had done more movies with Wesley Snipes.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Jerry Cotton posted:

A button labelled "TOPIC: OTHER POSTERS"
NIXON: Hell is other posters.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

tentative8e8op posted:

One was a really smart guy who was a decent actor and the other is a pretty dumb guy who is a really good actor.

I was shocked like ReindeerF at your post but I guess if I was young and had seen Meet the Parents/Fockers and Analyse This/That/And The Other Thing I might make the same mistake.

Haha. It is sad how America aggressively exports some of its worst movies. When I was in Argentina in 2010 there was a Marmaduke ad everywhere you looked.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Some blog said these two were ISIS fighters, but I don't know how true that is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

XyloJW posted:

Some blog said these two were ISIS fighters, but I don't know how true that is.

It's true.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Ha! That is great.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

pangstrom posted:

Haha. It is sad how America aggressively exports some of its worst movies. When I was in Argentina in 2010 there was a Marmaduke ad everywhere you looked.
Don't Mess With The Zohan was a big hit in Southeast Asia. ZOHAN.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nutranurse posted:

Ha! That is great.

I get all my internet legal advice from Warzawa and the dude with the avatar catastrophe.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I've decided Warzawa is RBG, so that might be a better call than you thi- oh, wait, am I the other one?! Yeah, only ask me about food/drug law and bioethics. Even then, IANAL.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Still kind of schocked potus just straight up put out there the US tortures people and like, no big deal.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

euphronius posted:

Still kind of schocked potus just straight up put out there the US tortures people and like, no big deal.

GWB admitted it in his autobiography several years ago. Plus, Obama used the past tense.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Bob James posted:

this is a good rear end movie

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

I was watching that crazy 1971 "When the communists invade and take over the US due to our moral decline" movie the other day, they were very specific in describing how the communists would torture Christians and how horrible it would be. And it was basically Guantanamo stuff, which I thought was ironic, since I'm sure the Reverend Estus Pirkle would've supported such techniques vs. "detainees" and said it wasn't actually torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

ReindeerF posted:

Don't Mess With The Zohan was a big hit in Southeast Asia. ZOHAN.

I like both Zohan and Jumanji a lot.

Bad movies are really great, you guys.

• Locked thread