Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

King of Solomon posted:

goddamn it I want to see Ollie go wild with trick arrows from time to time. They ramped that way up for season 2, which was loving great. I want more of that.

Boxing glove arrow or bust, son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFwwbauJBkM&t=42s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

Clancy Brown once played the flash, for half an episode of justice league where Lex Luthor(Brown) and Flash(Michael Rosenbaum) swapped bodies. The highlight was him acting like Flash trying to act like Luthor. He was coming out of the bathroom and one of the legion of doom asks him "Are you going to wash your hands?"

To which he replies: "No... Cause I'm evil"

You forgot that the guy who played the Flash was Lex on Smallville and he was one of the only things worthwhile on that thing.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

bobkatt013 posted:

You forgot that the guy who played the Flash was Lex on Smallville and he was one of the only things worthwhile on that thing.

Smallville green arrow; and I also thought smallville hawkman was good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Smallville Green Arrow was terrible and I will never stop arguing that point. Smallville Hawkman was a loving travesty and I love Michael Shanks.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

bobkatt013 posted:

Michael Rosenbaum is a treasure, and it's heartbreaking that he hasn't found work since the show.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

It's because he looks like such a dork when he has hair.

Is Erica Durance the only one with non-CW post-show sorta-success? She had that dumb NBC show.

Skunny Wundy fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 11, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kristen Kreuk has that Beauty and the Beast show.

A lot of the 1 seasoners have gone on to other shows, but not many of the cast who stuck around for a while.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Sam Jones III, who played Pete Ross, went on to Season 1 of Blue Mountain State. And then went on to 10 months in prison for conspiracy to sell oxycodone pills.

But at least he wasn't in Draft Day.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Skunny Wundy posted:

It's because he looks like such a dork when he has hair.

Is Erica Durance the only one with non-CW post-show sorta-success? She had that dumb NBC show.

It's still going strong in Canada.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Spoiler for sort of a crossover between Arrow and Flash

Clock King will return in Flash

:flashfap:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Norwegian Rudo posted:

It's still going strong in Canada.

And Michael Shanks (Smallville's Hawkman/Stargate's Daniel Jackson) is her husband in it.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

might have been posted already:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/bow-mag-38-357-arrowhead?a=1692605

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Smallville Green Arrow was terrible and I will never stop arguing that point. Smallville Hawkman was a loving travesty and I love Michael Shanks.

It's all relative but the whole episode with the justice society or whatever involving dt fate was loving cool.

Or maybe just when compared to trash that was regular episodes of smallville. Man they hosed up darkseid.

So excited for green arrow this season

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like when he shot a bullet out of its flight path, or when he shot at the daily planet globe while rotating from like a mile away to land exactly on the city he was going to. And when he gave Chloe the good rogering that superman wasn't man enough for.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It's all relative but the whole episode with the justice society or whatever involving dt fate was loving cool.

Or maybe just when compared to trash that was regular episodes of smallville. Man they hosed up darkseid.

So excited for green arrow this season

Yeah, Smallville wasn't a terrible show but it never really went beyond being what it was: a sometimes-cheesy CW superhero show. Arrow is infinitely better even only two seasons in. I actually care about these characters and the fight scenes are way better choreographed.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Captain Mog posted:

Yeah, Smallville wasn't a terrible show

That's the first time I hear that.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

e X posted:

It had moments but it was so content to stay mediocre that it soured everyone on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I've blocked as much Smallville out as possible but one thing has started bugging me. Did Clark go to College?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rhyno posted:

So I've blocked as much Smallville out as possible but one thing has started bugging me. Did Clark go to College?

Apparently he does in Season 5.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

computer parts posted:

Apparently he does in Season 5.

For what, one episode?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rhyno posted:

For what, one episode?

Reading the synopses, it seems episodes 4-8 are college related stuff and then there's a million bullshit b-plots that just sort of crowd everything else out.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Crunk Abortion posted:

Michael Rosenbaum is a treasure, and it's heartbreaking that he hasn't found work since the show.

He was in this great NSFW video.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

e X posted:

After the first seven soap opera seasons, the creators left and the new showrumners made the show pretty enjoyable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's funny sometimes to read character pages on the Smallville wiki because of the comic book sequels. Wonder Woman shows up and Green Lanterns and other stuff that of course they wouldn't do on TV because it might be interesting.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The real reason Smallville sucks so bad is it was very CW, while DC or someone at Warner Brothers has figured out that less CW poo poo will make us more money for Arrow given how much Disney is making.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

sbaldrick posted:

The real reason Smallville sucks so bad is it was very CW, while DC or someone at Warner Brothers has figured out that less CW poo poo will make us more money for Arrow given how much Disney is making.

I guess that's true, whenever the soap opera crap comes up in Arrow it takes a pretty deep dive.

e X fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 13, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sbaldrick posted:

The first 5 seasons (the worst era of the show) aired on the WB though?

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The first 5 seasons (the worst era of the show) aired on the WB though?

They're the exact same station in every possible way, though, just under a different name. I think the only major difference I can see is that CW shows are often more ~dark and serious~ than the WB's ever were. This change, IMO, is much to the station's detriment.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 13, 2014

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Wasn't brainiac one of his professors at smallville tech or wherever the hell he went?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Wasn't brainiac one of his professors at smallville tech or wherever the hell he went?

Yeah, the (first) Brainiac season was college.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

e X posted:

I guess that's true, whenever the soap opera crap comes up in Arrow it takes a pretty deep dive.

You can notice the point in season 1 where someone at DC clearly clamped down on the soap opera stuff. It still exists in it's "comic book romance" form but it's much less then CW romance stuff.

Given that UPN had no original program beyond Buffy and Voyager when the CW was formed it's pretty much WB under a new name.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

sbaldrick posted:

You can notice the point in season 1 where someone at DC clearly clamped down on the soap opera stuff. It still exists in it's "comic book romance" form but it's much less then CW romance stuff.

Given that UPN had no original program beyond Buffy and Voyager when the CW was formed it's pretty much WB under a new name.

Both of those shows were well off the air when The CW started. Veronica Mars, Everybody Hates Chris, and a couple other sitcoms were transplants from UPN.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Buffy actually aired on both WB and UPN, but it was done before the merger.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Those are the only two shows I could remember existing on UPN.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Homeboys from Outer Space :eng101:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, the (first) Brainiac season was college.

That sounds like the dumbest thing ever

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

That sounds like the dumbest thing ever

It was.

Smallville should be the primary example on any definition of Sunk Cost Fallacy.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

sbaldrick posted:

Voyager, Legend, Platypus Man...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

sbaldrick posted:

UPN had a lot of entertainment made for black people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
What about the Secret History of Desmond Pffiepher?

• Locked thread