Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kin posted:

edit: you'll need a PS3 for that though.
A PS2/emulator might work better. The PS3 HD conversion has somewhat hosed up physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

It was kinda clunky, yeah. But I never really had a "problem" with it. I'd mainly just spam the whirlwind and time slowing abilities, then run around stabbing guys through the neck. Then if I found an opening maybe I'd run away.

By the end, I thought I had "high chaos" but nothing that people were describing about the high chaos final level applied to my experience. I snuck into the base, nobody had poisoned anybody that I recall... the ending seemed to reflect the high chaos part but it wasn't a "bad" ending. But I didn't really start with the mass killing until the last fourth of the game where I decided it'd be better to just play through my mistakes rather than reloading every single time I'm spotted.

I think the poisoning is if you do the low chaos or pacifist runs. I vaguely remember the poisoning and I did a pacifist ghost run.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Geokinesis posted:

Hey US goon, learn how to use roundabouts properly:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/307740/

Passing a driving test at the DMV is pretty simple. They give you a little booklet to read, which should take approximately 15 minutes to read through. All the questions and answers are in that booklet, and the test is multiple choice.

Also I just noticed this piece of poo poo: The Sandbox. This is a free iOS game. Not only is it currently $9.99, it is discounted from $14.99!

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 12, 2014

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Xachariah posted:

I think the poisoning is if you do the low chaos or pacifist runs. I vaguely remember the poisoning and I did a pacifist ghost run.

I think there is a middle ground between Low and High Chaos though. It's a very, very minor change (unless maybe my game just bugged out). I had a high chaos run but, while the sky was dark and everyone was still killing each other, Samuel never fired off a flare. He still told me to get hosed because I was terrible which I thought was a kind of jarring change because he always seemed eager to help right to the very end but I don't recall him alerting people to my position.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Looks like the new Tomb Raider is exclusive to xbox :smith: Unless it sells really poorly, I guess.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Looks like the new Tomb Raider is exclusive to xbox :smith: Unless it sells really poorly, I guess.
Haha so they hate money and want to go under? Cool. Seriously who goes for Xbox exclusivity nowadays? Even all initial exclusive titles broke down one by one. Microsoft must be offering golden bars with all those studio managers falling for that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Exclusive for "Holiday 2015", not for all eternity.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also:

quote:

I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio (by releasing only on one platform).

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support (on platforms we don't release this one on). Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider (by releasing only on one platform). Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming (by releasing it only on one platform).

We believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming (by releasing it only on one platform), with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Sacred 2 continues to be The Best Game.

:whatup:

Also who was that earlier that mentioned infecting every mob in the game with a plague, cause I really need to try that at least once.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sacred 2 is really great, though hampered by the fact that there are way too many enemies on the overworld. Real shame that they stitched the name Sacred 3 onto some random brawler.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Given that the series has always sold highest on Sony systems over the years, I have a feeling that the devs are horrified by this decision, especially as they're unlikely to see a single penny of the enormous money-sack that Microsoft just used to keep the game off PS4 and PC.

Yes, Microsoft - the company that made the OS that supports almost all PC gaming - is now literally paying money to keep publishers away from the PC. Bring on SteamOS.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

RIP Tomb Raider (again) I guess. Hope the devs can find new jobs when this game inevitably tanks and they close their studio.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

I don't get why you guys are acting like it isn't timed exclusivity.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SelenicMartian posted:

Exclusive for "Holiday 2015", not for all eternity.

That's a weird reading of what was written.

They said Tomb Raider, coming out on Holiday 2015, will be exclusive. Granted, it just means we'll be getting it on PC at a later date, but as it's written it's ONLY going to be on XBOX.

It's a very poorly written letter. If I had a PS4 I'd never pay for another Crystal Dynamics game. How patronizing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

This means "exclusive on consoles," not "exclusive on all platforms," if basically every AAA game to be "exclusive" is any indication.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This means "exclusive on consoles," not "exclusive on all platforms," if basically every AAA game to be "exclusive" is any indication.
They literally wrote it doesn't release on PS or PC (for now of course).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Helith posted:

Already have a 360 in the house, Mr Helith is the console gameplayer and I play on PC. He did have Bayonetta but didn't like it much, not sure if we brought it to Aus with us. Don't get much chance to use the consoles anyway, cos he hogs them after work.

It has a demo, I can check it out.

No.

Hmmm. I think my eyes are too small.

Looking at my backlog I have
Cook, Serve, Delicious
Dishonored
Mirrors Edge
Marlow Briggs
Bioshock Infinite
and a shitload of other stuff which isn't Metal Gear Rising.

I can't decide. I'm going to sleep on it and play more Rising tomorrow.

I see no one has told you to play Cook, Serve, Delicious! You should play it.

Like, it's not a meaty enough experience to play hours upon hours of it, but it's a nice appetizer before your main course. You know, before you plunge into the depths of Dunwall, take a few minutes to flip some burgers.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I'm sorry, did you guys miss the post about Geometry Wars 3 being a thing? Because you're not all screaming hysterically about Geometry Wars 3 being a thing.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

The Kins posted:

I'm sorry, did you guys miss the post about Geometry Wars 3 being a thing? Because you're not all screaming hysterically about Geometry Wars 3 being a thing.
Also King's Quest.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Palpek posted:

The new Tex Murphy game - Tesla Effect is one of weeklong deals. Is it worth picking up? It looks pretty sweet if cheesy (in a good way).

Tesla Effect is the definition of video game cheese. That said it is exactly like the old Tex Murphy games, that is to say its a 90's adventure game. Items hidden in really hard to find places, puzzle minigames, out-of-left-field item combinations, it has it all. It has a pretty generous hint system though so its never that hard to progress if you really need to.

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Considering how quickly other third party exclusives Dead Rising 3, Ryse, and one? other game I can't remember got announced as no longer exclusive I would be very surprised to see this stay that way for more than a year. Still, hahahaha, Square really just hates money, even assuming Microsoft paid them a fuckton for it.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Nefarious posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285500/?snr=1_614_615_WeeklongDeals_gridsale

Can someone explain this to me? It looks like some garbage shovelware truck game, but the reviews are overwhelmingly positive and one of the tags is RPG?

This was a few pages back, but I thought it looked like it might be sort of fun, and...two bucks, right?

I played it for a couple of hours last night, and it's more fun that you might think. The graphics look 10 years old, for sure, and the translation is sort of bad and awkward, and I had to make a config file change to get the game to run initially (disable auto video play), but I can't wait to get back to it tonight. There's a fair amount of depth to it so far, and I'm enjoying making money and buying better equipment and weapons and driving around shooting bad guys and doing dumb missions for NPCs.

I'm not sure why I've never heard of this--10 years ago, it would have been The poo poo.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Don't want to get all console-warrior up in here, but if the PS4 is outselling the Xbone (I think it is?), MS needs to do something to help increase sales.
Exclusivity is an option, and if a few exclusive games help boost sales by 5% - 25%, that's beneficial.
With a new Uncharted planned to come out for PS4, MS needs to compete with something.
That's my business analyst coming out. Remember some of these companies don't do this stuff for the consumer, they do it for the stakeholders. I don't really agree with the above, but understand how a company can get to that decision.

With that out of the way, gently caress dat. Wasn't the latest one sort of a success, yet the publisher saw it as a failure due to their unrealistic sales expectations? Or am I thinking of a different game?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kibayasu posted:

Tesla Effect is the definition of video game cheese. That said it is exactly like the old Tex Murphy games, that is to say its a 90's adventure game. Items hidden in really hard to find places, puzzle minigames, out-of-left-field item combinations, it has it all. It has a pretty generous hint system though so its never that hard to progress if you really need to.
Pretty much. It is one of the best FMV titles ever released, but that comes with the inherent caveat that it is an FMV title — it pushes all the buttons of the genre (and pushes them well), even the ones that modern games have long since discarded for various, often good, reasons.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kragger99 posted:

With that out of the way, gently caress dat. Wasn't the latest one sort of a success, yet the publisher saw it as a failure due to their unrealistic sales expectations? Or am I thinking of a different game?

Yes, Tomb Raider is that game. I think it sold three million copies at the time that bit of trivia was new?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Kragger99 posted:

Don't want to get all console-warrior up in here, but if the PS4 is outselling the Xbone (I think it is?), MS needs to do something to help increase sales.
Exclusivity is an option, and if a few exclusive games help boost sales by 5% - 25%, that's beneficial.
With a new Uncharted planned to come out for PS4, MS needs to compete with something.
That's my business analyst coming out. Remember some of these companies don't do this stuff for the consumer, they do it for the stakeholders. I don't really agree with the above, but understand how a company can get to that decision.

Microsoft doesn't own Crystal Dynamics, Rise of the Tomb Raider (stupid name still) will be on PC at the least inside a year of release. Just like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

lordfrikk posted:

I "played" that. It's supposedly a good representation of how depressed people (with the actual illness, not depressed because you didn't win a lottery) feel like. Can't say either way :shrug:

It absolutely is a good representation of depression. Everyone should play Depression Quest. It is an Important Game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The exclusivity announcement should have been accompanied by changing the name to Ryse of the Tomb Raider though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

John Murdoch posted:

It is an Important Game.
It's an oxymoron?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

revdrkevind posted:

Bayonetta 2 not being on a console I want to play is the greatest crime of its generation in gaming. What an incredibly fun series. People who don't like Bayonetta are like moviegoers who don't like The Fifth Element. I don't trust 'em.

This coming from a person who hates God of War and Devil May cry and basically the whole genre of hit butan to make bloody combo games.

This is incorrect, as he didn't tell you to also play Alpha Protocol.

I don't want to start any console warrior poo poo in here either, but the Wii U is a fantastic system and really doesn't deserve all the hate it gets on the Internet. At all.

I've never played the original Bayonetta, but Bayonetta 2 is going to come packaged with the original so I'll get to play it when I buy 2. Considering Nintendo basically bankrolled the game, I think it's reasonable to keep it on Wii U.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Don't think it's hate, exactly, it's just a very large divide between games offered. The hate sounds more like a dismissal of those types of games. You know when the internet says something "loving sucks I want to rape its mother" they really just mean it's not to their tastes.

John Murdoch posted:

It absolutely is a good representation of depression. Everyone should play Depression Quest. It is an Important Game.

I took an Important poop in my toilet this morning.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 12, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My Important Poop is toilet exclusive

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

How does stuff like this even get made.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kragger99 posted:

Pretty much this.

Tough to blame the publisher for taking exclusivity money, especially now that it's established that the long tail of PC sales will still hold if you wait 6-12 months before releasing it on PC anyway.

Tough to blame MS for trying to do something to gain console market share.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnMJ-27drIU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Acquire Currency! posted:

My Important Poop is toilet exclusive

The Japanese and Germans will be disappointed.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't want to start any console warrior poo poo in here either, but the Wii U is a fantastic system and really doesn't deserve all the hate it gets on the Internet. At all.

The Wii U is a bad console with some fantastic games. It's not a fantastic system by itself in any way.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Baron FU posted:

The Wii U is a bad console with some fantastic games. It's not a fantastic system by itself in any way.

The XBone walks my dog and suggests wine pairings with my cheese plates. It is a fantastic console.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

loving animal I'll get you

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Kins posted:

It's an oxymoron?

Drifter posted:

I took an Important poop in my toilet this morning.

:jerkbag:

Not that I expected much from goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

If it bears this crimson mark and isn't called "Jagged Alliance 2", do not pay money for it. Feel free to giggle from a safe distance, though.

• Locked thread