Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Equilibrium posted:

I'm actually way more pissed about the next Tomb Raider being loving cross-gen in Holiday 2015. Even when the Definitive Edition comes out Summer 2016 it's still going to be designed around the limitations of the 360, what a shame.

They might do the thing where its done by two separate developers but yeah, Holiday 15 is way too late to still be putting out a game on a last gen platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Equilibrium posted:

I'm actually way more pissed about the next Tomb Raider being loving cross-gen in Holiday 2015. Even when the Definitive Edition comes out Summer 2016 it's still going to be designed around the limitations of the 360, what a shame.

Yeah this poo poo really needs to stop. Even if they're pouring resources into the Bone version or getting an entirely different team on the 360 one, the game will still be limited, in some way, by hardware from 2005. It's 2014 and that is pathetic.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Scyron posted:

Journey is targetiing 60FPS for the PS4 release, and Unfinished Swan is coming to PS4. No word on the efpeeses of the Unfinished Swan, but both will be cross buy!

Just makes me upset I never did finish or 100% Unfinished Swan when I had a functioning PS3. Not opposed to trying the Unfinished Swan again though.

That's cool I played journey for like an hour once and it was pretty I guess bit I didn't really get it. Maybe I'll like it better when it's even prettier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

Welp I guess stupid loving Squeenix doesn't want my 60 bux. Considering how much bellyaching they did about the first Tomb Raider not being a commercial success (which was dumb because it did fine) this seems like a really weird and stupid move.

Haha, I forgot about that mess too. That makes the decision even worse.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah this poo poo really needs to stop. Even if they're pouring resources into the Bone version or getting an entirely different team on the 360 one, the game will still be limited, in some way, by hardware from 2005. It's 2014 and that is pathetic.

This is actually more worse than tr2 being timed exclusive.

I bet it was part of Microsofts terms too, look how many games are still going for 360/xbone (titan fall, forza horizon 2, etc etc.)

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

FishBulb posted:

That's cool I played journey for like an hour once and it was pretty I guess bit I didn't really get it. Maybe I'll like it better when it's even prettier.

What is there to get? Nothing, it is a pretty journey that takes 2 hours. Just enjoy the ride.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Scyron posted:

What is there to get? Nothing, it is a pretty journey that takes 2 hours. Just enjoy the ride.

Well, more importantly, you GOTTA play that poo poo online. GOT. TO. I'm still bros with the person I played with on the first runthrough, we managed to do the whole game together, it was magical, and then at the end we both sent each other messages about how cool it was to play together. Never had another game experience like that before, and I sincerely wish I could wipe my memory and have it again

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Scyron posted:

Journey is targetiing 60FPS for the PS4 release, and Unfinished Swan is coming to PS4. No word on the efpeeses of the Unfinished Swan, but both will be cross buy!

Just makes me upset I never did finish or 100% Unfinished Swan when I had a functioning PS3. Not opposed to trying the Unfinished Swan again though.

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize journey was coming to ps4. I was wanting to replay it recently.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

Welp I guess stupid loving Squeenix doesn't want my 60 bux. Considering how much bellyaching they did about the first Tomb Raider not being a commercial success (which was dumb because it did fine) this seems like a really weird and stupid move.

Well we are all assuming that the sequel has already been fully paid for by Microsoft.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I sort of wish there was a way to play with a specific person in Journey, if only both of the members involved had a white robe or completed the game once.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This seems to be another case of a fast one being pulled on the developers (TitanFall being the big one last year). One of the level designers on Tomb Raider 2:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Scyron posted:

Yeah well I didn't so clearly I didn't get it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Would I enjoy playing the new Tomb Raider on my PS4? Of course.

Do I much care that this happened? Ehhh... whatever.

Square sold exclusivity (timed or permanent) to Microsoft, so they got some dollarz for that.

This will, however, result in lackluster sales on the Bone. It will neither drive everyone out to buy a Bone nor will it be the big hit Square wants it to be.

*shoulder shrug* I'll just play all the other good games.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

haha

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

haha :iceburn:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Interested to see if Sony has any big announcements at their press conference after the whole Tomb Raider thing with Microsoft.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

Interested to see if Sony has any big announcements at their press conference after the whole Tomb Raider thing with Microsoft.

THE

LAST

GUARDIAN

VITA

EXCLUSIVE

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sony has been so bland with PS4 announcements, I have to wonder if they have a few crazy things just sitting under glass that says, "break only when Microsoft shows life."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

abagofcheetos posted:

Sony has been so bland with PS4 announcements, I have to wonder if they have a few crazy things just sitting under glass that says, "break only when Microsoft shows life."

Sony PlayStation press conference in 15 minutes.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Was that the new CG trailer for Bloodborne? Holy poo poo

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Rad Valtar posted:

Half-Life 3

But seriously, Bloodborne is a much bigger scoop for me than Tomb Raider anyway so they've already won.

MZ fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 12, 2014

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

I said come in! posted:

Sony PlayStation press conference in 15 minutes.

The Twitch stream is running at about 1 fps right now. I think the one on the official PlayStation site is running smooth.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

Was that the new CG trailer for Bloodborne? Holy poo poo
That was the old one.

Rad Valtar posted:

The Twitch stream is running at about 1 fps right now. I think the one on the official PlayStation site is running smooth.
Yeah switch to high, source is running like a slideshow for some reason.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

That was the old one.

Yeah switch to high, source is running like a slideshow for some reason.

Thanks that fixed it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

New The Order: 1886 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ETWiK_Xps

Nichola Tesla :aaa:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Broadcasting Hohokum. Literally just stating now:

https://www.twitch.tv/FeenixSA

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

JordanKai posted:

Yeah, I don't know man. That combat looks pretty bland, I think ~8 years of cover based stop and pop shooters were enough for me.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought it was illegal to have steampunk stuff without him.

:laffo:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

JordanKai posted:

I thought it was illegal to have steampunk stuff without him.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Is this all it is? New trailers?

The Order does look good though.

Ok, this game might be worth a PS4.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Order is still a day one buy for me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bloodborne looks like the 3D Castlevania reboot I actually wanted.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
So the world might be mended

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Was that a new Bloodborne trailer? Holy gently caress. Holy gently caress it looks awesome.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Yeah, I'm going in day one on The Order unless reviews end up saying it's really bad. I can totally understand being tired of cover-based shooting, though.

e: Bloodborne trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WsqQtqwP9E

I'm not a Souls fan by any means but this game looks drat good.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

SLOSifl posted:

Was that a new Bloodborne trailer? Holy gently caress. Holy gently caress it looks awesome.

Just this.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Bloodborne looks great, that video made me want to check it out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Did I hear the Maiden in Black's voice actress at the end of that Bloodborne trailer?

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Harrow posted:

Did I hear the Maiden in Black's voice actress at the end of that Bloodborne trailer?

Yes, yes you did.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Guns...Guns! MORE GUNS!:orks101:

• Locked thread