Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

regulargonzalez posted:

Some early 80s slasher flick. Saw bits and pieces on HBO when I was a wee lad. Killer's gimmick was that he wore one of those gimp mask deals with the zippered mouth.

Probably not, but maybe The People Under the Stairs? http://former.imdb.com/title/tt0105121/reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Some early 80s slasher flick. Saw bits and pieces on HBO when I was a wee lad. Killer's gimmick was that he wore one of those gimp mask deals with the zippered mouth.

Zipperface(1992)?

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

regulargonzalez posted:

Possibly Blackout:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088816/reference

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Trying to remember two animes I saw in the early 90s. Both were movie length, not TV episodes.

The first: The plot was kinda like Romeo and Juliet set in a fantasy kingdom, and I think R&J are the children of the rulers of two warring kingdoms? And one of them dies (or maybe both of them die?) and turns into this white floating spirit-thing.

The second: I remember even less. Fantasy horror. This girl and father and her son (brother?) live in a house surrounded by an electric fence. There's another guy who falls into a lake and gets attacked by three women who turn into vampire snakes.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The first one sounds like The Sea Prince and the Fire Child.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I think the second one is Vampire Hunter D(1985).

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
I've been trying to find a scifi movie I once saw on TV in the mid-to-late 90s. A human woman was stranded on a foreign planet, possibly Mars (I remember a lot of red), and she is befriended by and eventually begins a romance with a humanoid-esque alien there. There are other creatures on the planet (can't remember anything about them, might have even been other humans) and the woman and alien hide from them, and the alien eventually sacrifices his life to save the woman. I remember it being fairly slow paced, and very dark (lots of hiding in caves or in crevices of the industrial structures on this planet - kind of like a mining operation?).

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

A movie in space (possibly underwater?) the captain(?) is a little person, and the villain is a dude pretending to be blind, and they find out he's not blind by replaying video of a fight where he dodges a rag or something thrown his way

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Neo_Reloaded posted:

I've been trying to find a scifi movie I once saw on TV in the mid-to-late 90s. A human woman was stranded on a foreign planet, possibly Mars (I remember a lot of red), and she is befriended by and eventually begins a romance with a humanoid-esque alien there. There are other creatures on the planet (can't remember anything about them, might have even been other humans) and the woman and alien hide from them, and the alien eventually sacrifices his life to save the woman. I remember it being fairly slow paced, and very dark (lots of hiding in caves or in crevices of the industrial structures on this planet - kind of like a mining operation?).

Enemy Mine ticks some of those boxes except it not being a woman or on Mars. And no romance.

e: Also, http://www.somethingawful.com/movie-reviews/enemy-mine/1/

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

Gromit posted:

Enemy Mine ticks some of those boxes except it not being a woman or on Mars. And no romance.

e: Also, http://www.somethingawful.com/movie-reviews/enemy-mine/1/

The Mars thing I'm unsure of, but I really feel like it was a woman and there was some romantic tension.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Neo_Reloaded posted:

The Mars thing I'm unsure of, but I really feel like it was a woman and there was some romantic tension.

There is romantic tension in Enemy Mine.

Flux Equals Rad
Jun 22, 2007
oh my god bear is driving how can that be!?
Curious about two gross clips from two different 80s horror movies that have been embedded in my brain for a while. Saw both of these playing on TVs at tables of sketchy dudes selling bootleg DVDs of obscure terrible horror movies at conventions.

1. A woman gives graphic birth to a demon baby thing. Pretty sure it's not The Howling III.

2. A woman is standing near a guy with all these nasty growths/boils on his face, of course she ends up getting a bunch of green pus squirted all over her. The effects in this scene seemed to be in league with Slime City or Street Trash (but it wasn't either of those).

Probably should have just asked the guys who had these movies playing at the time, but oh well!

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Flux Equals Rad posted:

1. A woman gives graphic birth to a demon baby thing. Pretty sure it's not The Howling III.

Maybe TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I don't think that's the one, though I'm trying to find a copy just to make sure. The art style seemed different, more like Record of Lodess War.

Kramjacks posted:

I think the second one is Vampire Hunter D(1985).

That's the one. Thank you!

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

RentACop posted:

A movie in space (possibly underwater?) the captain(?) is a little person, and the villain is a dude pretending to be blind, and they find out he's not blind by replaying video of a fight where he dodges a rag or something thrown his way

Lifepod. It's a TV movie remake of Lifeboat...IN SPACE

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Mouser.. posted:

Lifepod. It's a TV movie remake of Lifeboat...IN SPACE

Ahhhhh thank you so much that was bugging the crap out of me. I don't know how I could have forgotten Robert Loggia getting shot by Ron Silver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKq7IkHIIR0

Flux Equals Rad
Jun 22, 2007
oh my god bear is driving how can that be!?

That's it! Gross!

screwtape
Nov 8, 2006
Hey, I am trying to find out what movie this is. Can anyone identify this film? Thank you!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

screwtape posted:

Hey, I am trying to find out what movie this is. Can anyone identify this film? Thank you!

Reverse Image Search is your friend

Cinderella

lithium_mouse
Dec 23, 2005

Can anyone identify what movie the clips with the Asian girl in the wheelchair are from in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF5o8pBN28E

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

lithium_mouse posted:

Can anyone identify what movie the clips with the Asian girl in the wheelchair are from in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF5o8pBN28E

Strange Circus.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

that has to be lynch's inspiration for the navigators in dune, right?

Anyway, I have two requests.

1. A quadriplegic man has his wife sit on his face so he can pleasure her. It had an element of sadness and humiliation to it all. I saw this at night on (I think) the sci-fi channel around about the year 2000 and it seemed like a much older movie, so I would guess early 90s/late 80s.

2. A swashbuckling movie in French. We watched it in French class back in school. I remember this dude has a signature attack with his rapier where he stabs a guy square between the eyes, and (I think) he ends up adopting a little girl at some point, and then it cuts to when she is grown up and the dude is old (but still a bad rear end). We watched this on VHS, again around the years 2000, so I would presume it was the same era of early 90s/late 80s.

Eau de MacGowan fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 13, 2014

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Eau de MacGowan posted:

2. A swashbuckling movie in French. We watched it in French class back in school. I remember this dude has a signature attack with his rapier where he stabs a guy square between the eyes, and (I think) he ends up adopting a little girl at some point, and then it cuts to when she is grown up and the dude is old (but still a bad rear end). We watched this on VHS, again around the years 2000, so I would presume it was the same era of early 90s/late 80s.
D'Artagnan's Daughter?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eau de MacGowan posted:

that has to be lynch's inspiration for the navigators in dune, right?

Anyway, I have two requests.

1. A quadriplegic man has his wife sit on his face so he can pleasure her. It had an element of sadness and humiliation to it all. I saw this at night on (I think) the sci-fi channel around about the year 2000 and it seemed like a much older movie, so I would guess early 90s/late 80s.

Could it be Bitter Moon or even Born on the Fourth of July?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 13, 2014

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Maybe Monkey Shines?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
What's the name of that movie that may or may not be out yet about a mother getting violent revenge on a bunch of priests? I think it's... Belgian?

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Eau de MacGowan posted:

thbuckling movie in French. We watched it in French class back in school. I remember this dude has a signature attack with his rapier where he stabs a guy square between the eyes, and (I think) he ends up adopting a little girl at some point, and then it cuts to when she is grown up and the dude is old (but still a bad rear end). We watched this on VHS, again around the years 2000, so I would presume it was the same era of early 90s/late 80s.

Probably On Guard.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

On Guard

He eventually hooks up with his adoptive daughter, it's really creepy

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This is going to be a bitch because I literally only (badly) remember one scene but here it goes.

Early 80's space adventure movie. The last scene (?) has the good guys having to fire a gigantic drill that is in front of their spaceship for some reason against the bad guys mothership (?) in order to destroy it. I think it was a suicide attack because everyone is pretty somber.

I think everyone was white/western. (I mention this because I think there is some japanese movie with a space ship drill but I don't think it has anything like that scene)

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 13, 2014

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atragon Would probably be the obvious space-drill ship thing, yes. Maybe something was ripping off the design, dunno.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

This happens in Live Flesh

His wife is having an affair and at one point he asks her to sit on his face and she says no, he asks why and she says "because my pussy hurts from loving all night". How's that for sadness and humiliation

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 14, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

There's a movie where a girl is kidnapped, and her mom goes on TV and talks about her and mentions the name of her doll. Except you later find out she got the name of the doll wrong and that she's a bad mother and the people who kidnapped her were treating her better than her mom,; but she has to go back and live with the awful mom anyway.

Also: a movie where a kid is sucked into a TV and gets trapped there. It's not poltergeist. The Kid is a boy with brown hair. There's an old man sitting next to the TV and there's blue lighting and the kid is screaming and banging on the screen from inside the TV. This might have just been a dream I had when I was eight, but I'm not sure.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also: a movie where a kid is sucked into a TV and gets trapped there. It's not poltergeist. The Kid is a boy with brown hair. There's an old man sitting next to the TV and there's blue lighting and the kid is screaming and banging on the screen from inside the TV. This might have just been a dream I had when I was eight, but I'm not sure.

Was it Eerie Indiana? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0569401/

lithium_mouse
Dec 23, 2005

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

There's a movie where a girl is kidnapped, and her mom goes on TV and talks about her and mentions the name of her doll. Except you later find out she got the name of the doll wrong and that she's a bad mother and the people who kidnapped her were treating her better than her mom,; but she has to go back and live with the awful mom anyway.

Gone Baby Gone

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MeLKoR posted:

This is going to be a bitch because I literally only (badly) remember one scene but here it goes.

Early 80's space adventure movie. The last scene (?) has the good guys having to fire a gigantic drill that is in front of their spaceship for some reason against the bad guys mothership (?) in order to destroy it. I think it was a suicide attack because everyone is pretty somber.

I think everyone was white/western. (I mention this because I think there is some japanese movie with a space ship drill but I don't think it has anything like that scene)

It wasn't Starcrash, was it?

Archives
Nov 23, 2008
There's this Sci-Fi(ish) TV series from the early to mid 90's I used to watch as a kid. I remember that the protagonist was this teenage boy that somehow did something (time travel maybe?) by going to sleep in a big drawer with a cutout of his body. I also vaguely remember his father (that he was looking for I think) walking around with plaster cubes around his feet. I know this is pretty vague but I only have childhood memories to go on from.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

No, I watched the episode and this wasn't what I remembered. The lighting was bluer, and the old man was wearing black. And he turned to face the camera as the kid was screaming. But thanks!

Thank you!

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Probably not what you are after, but weird science does have a bit during the party scene where the entire kitchen turns blue along with a kid getting sucked into the TV with an old man laughing as he changes the channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harpomarxist
Oct 7, 2007

Useless twat opinions from everybody's favorite British coffee shop revolutionary!
It was a film where a demon, in a bad rubber costume, was crawling in slo-mo towards the scene of a car crash, there was orchestral music and it had a mid eighties b-movie vibe. The guy in the crashed car looked like Bowie in labyrinth but wearing a charcoal suit and the car was upside down and leaking fuel.