Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ya have some confidence in ur ideas friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

homo punching bag posted:

i use this for my media browsin at home

and its gotta be the last good thing logitech has made. i gently caress this thing up, constantly forgetting its on my lap only to have it smash into the floor, batteries fly out, etc. but if u put it back together it works just fine

of course being logitech they recently took it off the market and introduced a new version that replaces the volume buttons up top with home/back/forward buttons for IDIOTS so now its trash. its a really good keyboard if u just have a laptop stashed behind ur LCD as a "media PC"

if ur noticing a pattern u are correct i only buy dumb poo poo for babies

I have the new version and I wish it had volume buttons

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Hekseskudd Ambidextrous Keyboard Tray

the only way to fly

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

i use this for my media browsin at home

i loving love this keyboard, best purchase ever -and- its insanely cheap, the upper left LMB + trackpad is really nice for when you're just lounging on a couch and browsing youtube vids

recently bought this logitech mouse in my quest to have all my peripherals be wireless and rechargeable, works p well so far despite looking pretty silly

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I love apple stuff but gently caress that keyboard

no numpad smdh

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I love apple stuff but gently caress that keyboard

no numpad smdh

i kind of get the idea. despite having an expensive clicky keyboard/mouse available to me i basically just use the trackpad/laptop keyboard because it's honestly easier. both hand are on they keyboard at all times and the trackpad works almost as well as a mouth for programming purposes.

if someone made a high quality, ergonomtic clicky keyboard with a built in trackpad i'd consider it

they trackpad is in the wrong spot though. should be down in the middle.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I love the trackpad, but that kb is poo poo

I ditched it for this

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

wow i didn't know that apple doesn't let you use good keyboards

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
on the contrary, they let you use

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

wow i didn't know that apple doesn't let you use good keyboards

regrettably steve has no safeguards against shameful keyboards

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

fleshweasel posted:

what kind of switches does it use

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

switches are bad

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
scissor

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

fleshweasel posted:

pro

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

theadder posted:

regrettably steve has no safeguards against shameful keyboards

the safeguard is that the windows keyboard layout sucks and therefore you'll want to use a non-shameful keyboard with your pro-tier computer and pro-tier operating system

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
gonna try and get a pic tomorrow but there is an ad on Sydney busses for office 365 that mentions you can run it on the iPad but there is no mention at all of the surface
fuckin lol

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Apple’s iOS still rules the enterprise space, even after having fallen 5 percentage points to 67 percent of total device activations in Q2 2014. Android device activations increased the same amount to 32 percent of total activations last quarter, while Windows Phone activations remain consistent with the five previous quarters: flat at 1 percent.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

Neurolimal posted:

i loving love this keyboard

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

fleshweasel posted:

not ergonomic :mad:

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i feel sorry for you if you have medical problems or something but tbh i am guessing mushy rubber dome keys cause more issues than scissor switches. you should probably try one before resorting to a keyboard that's sticking up in the middle for no reason

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Blackula69 posted:

Apple’s iOS still rules the enterprise space, even after having fallen 5 percentage points to 67 percent of total device activations in Q2 2014. Android device activations increased the same amount to 32 percent of total activations last quarter, while Windows Phone activations remain consistent with the five previous quarters: flat at 1 percent.

i wouldn't doubt it because android poo poo is incredibly insecure and there's basically no way to prevent rooting for most phones iirc

it's pretty lol that apple has 2/3 of the enterprise market even before they actually roll out enterprise tools though

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

fleshweasel posted:

i feel sorry for you if you have medical problems or something but tbh i am guessing mushy rubber dome keys cause more issues than scissor switches. you should probably try one before resorting to a keyboard that's sticking up in the middle for no reason

I tried to get a yospos-approved nerd keyboard but they're lame as heck to type on. I've been using scissor switches & low-profile kbs for years now, can't switch back

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Shaggar posted:

Current Mouse Repair Progress: The replacement mouse feet I ordered arrived way early and work great. THe batteries should be here next week. I was also having a problem with the wheel clutch behaving erratically so I opened up the mouse and one of the wires to the solenoid that controls the clutch was way loose and infact broke off when I examined it further! a quick re-solder and it was back in place and working great again.

Logitech if you had just made a new mouse I would have bought that instead of doing this so thanks a lot.

mouse janitoring

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

graph posted:

lol

lol

if ur noticing a pattern u are correct i only buy dumb poo poo for babies

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Blackula69 posted:

flat at 1 percent.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
I guess it's only natural that the microsoft thread would draw out all the shameful motherfuckers who have keyboards in their living room

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

fleshweasel posted:

yeah apple is totally hosed up. if you buy a mac not only do you have to go out and get a copy of windows you also have to get a mouse and keyboard because they don't come w/ working ones by default.

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

ha haaaaaa

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fleshweasel posted:

these look really cool but they are bad keyboards

rubber dome scissor switches with a crazy short throw. nasty.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shaggar posted:

yeah apple is totally hosed up. if you buy a mac not only do you have to go out and get a copy of windows you also have to get a mouse and keyboard because they don't come w/ working ones by default.

oh shaggar :allears:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

no ?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shaggar posted:

lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i'll say it again

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

urban myth

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

urban myth

yeah it doesnt really work, it was on oitnb

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

actually, they are good keyboards...I hope this helps.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

literally using one at a pc rn

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
aw yeah. got the batteries in. fixed both of my mx revolutions and now they are back in the own zone.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Shaggar posted:

da,mn thats hosed up. i wont be buying apple any time soon. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

• Locked thread