Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Fateo McMurray posted:

Look less like you're reading a teleprompter dude

It's not his fault someone decided that the ceiling was a good place to put it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Spalec posted:

Talking about Destiny? Good chance for a bathroom break.

When did they mention Dreamfall:Chapters? Is it due at the same time as PC?

It was in the compilation reel with a bunch of other games.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Destiny: The game I bought a PS4 for!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Stop making Destiny look better and better unless you're also announcing I can download it now

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Did they just loving announce an expansion pack for Destiny before the game is even out

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Spalec posted:

Talking about Destiny? Good chance for a bathroom break.

When did they mention Dreamfall:Chapters? Is it due at the same time as PC?
It's a Kickstarter-backed game! :eng101:

More info here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

JordanKai posted:

Did they just loving announce an expansion pack for Destiny before the game is even out

Welcome to how games with season passes work

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JordanKai posted:

No, but only because they've announced it before

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

JordanKai posted:

You can buy a pass for the first two expansions.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

JordanKai posted:

500 million dollars.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So is Rime connected to Shadow of the Colossus/Ico in any way?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JordanKai posted:

The two expansions were announced a month or two back. They just announced a street date for the first one.

Yeah yeah lovely DLC culture. I just hope they didn't go down the 'taking poo poo out of the main game' route for it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

500 million dollars.

Is a random, irrelevent number, yes.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just watched that Hellblade trailer. It seriously looks like it could be a direct sequel to Heavenly Sword. Ponytailed woman with painted face using a sword that causes her physical pain in some way. Yeah...

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Certainly looks like ICO/SotC + LoZ:WW

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Not officially or anything. I'm pretty sure the devs said it was partially inspired by Ico last year though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zenintrude posted:

Certainly looks like ICO/SotC + LoZ:WW

I'd say it looks more like Nino Kuni as far as the textures go, Windwaker's Cell shading was never that smooth.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

If you buy Far Cry 4 on PS4, you get 10 demo keys you can give to friends. They can then play the game in co-op with you for two hours.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Being able to play with friends who don't own it (even for just 2 hours) is cool as hell and a great way to sell people on the game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

Just watched that Hellblade trailer. It seriously looks like it could be a direct sequel to Heavenly Sword. Ponytailed woman with painted face using a sword that causes her physical pain in some way. Yeah...

Nariko in hell

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's great and all but I don't think my friends want to do a 4-hour download for a 2-hour co-op session.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

JordanKai posted:

Hellblade, new game by the developers of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and DmC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ3SWggdafg

Kai all grown up :3:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW FUCCKKKKKKKKK KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ohhh, Shadow of Mordor

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

haveblue posted:

That's great and all but I don't think my friends want to do a 4-hour download for a 2-hour co-op session.

Get friends without potato powered internet

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
oh snap

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

New Shadow of Mordor trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gucNy0O3gnQ

fake edit: KOJIMA IN THE HOUSE

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Using a Dead Weather song to introduce Kojima? Nice.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Is anyone else getting a "Murdered: Soul Suspect But Polished/Better" vibe from Vanishing of Ethan Carter? I know the protagonist of Ethan Carter isn't a ghost, but the font and interface look very similar, as do the ghostly reconstructions, although the one puzzle involving numbers looks like it should be more in-depth than Murdered's puzzles were.

I'm totally fine with that, by the way, as I enjoyed Murdered but wished it had more time put into it instead of clearly being rushed out the door by Square.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

timeandtide posted:

Is anyone else getting a "Murdered: Soul Suspect But Polished/Better" vibe from Vanishing of Ethan Carter? I know the protagonist of Ethan Carter isn't a ghost, but the font and interface look very similar, as do the ghostly reconstructions, although the one puzzle involving numbers looks like it should be more in-depth than Murdered's puzzles were.

I'm totally fine with that, by the way, as I enjoyed Murdered but wished it had more time put into it instead of clearly being rushed out the door by Square.

That's exactly what I thought, yes.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Wait, you can spirit away bodies int he new MGS? Awesome.

Ok, that was dumb as hell. Apperently the goons Snake is fighting are the dumbest goons in history.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Wait, you can spirit away bodies int he new MGS? Awesome.

hahahaha. also, you can wear a ps4 box as a hat (exclusive to ps4 content spotted)

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Never played a MGS game. I take it you're not supposed to take it serious in any way

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
HAHAHA, that box tech.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

loving Kojima. That was hilarious.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

This is amazing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I need to go back and read the thread since 10am PST (I've been playing Hohokum) but holy poo poo this game put me in an amazing mood already.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm so glad MGSV still has its sense of humor and completely ridiculous stealth tactics. I wouldn't want it any other way.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fateo McMurray posted:

Never played a MGS game. I take it you're not supposed to take it serious in any way

You are supposed to take it deadly seriously and completely not serious, sometimes back to back.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I looked away for a second. What was everyone screaming about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Fateo McMurray posted:

Of course you are. Except when you aren't.

• Locked thread