Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ConanThe3rd posted:

Good riddance, hope Teen Titans GO is next.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
TTG is literally the most trollish show I've seen on television. It's seems to take great pleasure in annoying the fanbase of the original show, often pretending to indulge said base before annoying them. I mean they're literally going to have an Young Justice crossover episode where Young Justice comes to criticize them for not being serious enough. I can see why the shows annoys people, but I also don't' care about the opinions of any of those people.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
TTG is amazing. It gives no fucks, in the best way possible.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
TTG has an episode that ends with Robin dying. There's no moral or copping out, he just dies (Of old age, but still.) That's quality kid's entertainment.

Cuuuuuuursssssse...

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Most of the time the show treats the titans as egomaniacal psychos rather than heroes of their city. It's pretty great.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It's a bunch of Whip Crack SFX's away from being Johnny Test.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ConanThe3rd posted:

No it's not, and you're being dumb about this.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

TTG has an episode that ends with Robin dying. There's no moral or copping out, he just dies (Of old age, but still.) That's quality kid's entertainment.

Cuuuuuuursssssse...

This episode got me into TTG!, honestly.

The loving Super Robin robin stole every scene it was in and won me over.

Please tell me it's randomly in other episodes too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

You can't make a statement like this without at least attempting to back it up because, no,

ThermoPhysical posted:

Yes it is.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

I will whip crack you

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

There was actually just recently an episode where Super Robin teamed up with a bunch of other Titan pets (like Painbot) to rescue the Titans after they're captured by the Brain.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

code:
ALL I KNOW IS PAIN
:smith:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ConanThe3rd posted:

How is owning all the original series on DVD?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I can understand people not liking TTG! because it's not what they would traditionally want in a superhero cartoon, but it's great in its own right. Not everything has to be about brooding, tragic loss, learning a new lesson every day, and fight scenes.

JethroMcB posted:

Cuuuuuuursssssse...

There's an episode where everybody dies and becomes a ghost. The bulk of the episodes end on some wacky anti-moral.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The episode where Black Fire finally pushes Starfire too far and the third act is basically Man of Steel-level of thrashing the city. :allears:

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
Anyone who liked Teen Titans and dislikes TTG has their good taste upside down.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Good riddance, hope Teen Titans GO is next.

Go to hell.

JethroMcB posted:

Cuuuuuuursssssse...

TTG has several episodes where one or more of the main characters die.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 12, 2014

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I couldn't get into Teen Titans when I was younger. It felt like they tried way too hard with the anime stuff.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dangerous Person posted:

I couldn't get into Teen Titans when I was younger. It felt like they tried way too hard with the anime stuff.

That's because they did. They laid off it towards the end of the series but a good bit of it was insufferable anime poo poo at the beginning.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
BUNS KETCHUP PICKLE CHEESE

PUT THAT PATTY IN BETWEEN

IT'S BURGER!

WHAT WHAT

IT'S BURGER!

WHAT WHAT

-A Good Show

Dangerous Person posted:

Even if it's grating now I appreciate what they were going for because it did do a good job getting a lot of kids (including myself :sweatdrop:) to watch a DC comics show when anime and manga were hitting peak saturation after Pokemon pushed it into the mainstream.

...of SCIENCE! fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 13, 2014

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I think I never got into TT because I didn't know who Witch Daria and Shapeshifter Hulk Boy were supposed to be.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

IT'S BURGER!

WHAT WHAT

IT'S BURGER!

WHAT WHAT

-A Good Show

IT'S MY BOOK, BABY!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

...of SCIENCE! posted:

IT'S BURGER!

WHAT WHAT

IT'S BURGER!

WHAT WHAT

-A Good Show

Da-dadadada
Da-dadadada
Burritos are awesome
And burgers are gross

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

How is owning all the original series on DVD?

I wouldn't know. Hows 11 minutes of an 11 minute cartoon devoted to the word waffles and the only funny bit of a show aimed at comedy being a redub of the original series?

It's not even that they're ripping piss out of a 2003 cartoon designed to the visual style fad at that point. It's the fact they they are doing a piss poor job of it when they can be arsed to try (and that's not often) and their alternative is, well, waffles.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 13, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

I wouldn't know. Hows 11 minutes of an 11 minute cartoon devoted to the word waffles and the only funny bit of a show aimed at comedy being a redub of the original series?

It's not even that they're ripping piss out of a 2003 cartoon designed to the visual style fad at that point. It's the fact they they are doing a piss poor job of it when they can be arsed to try (and that's not often) and their alternative is, well, waffles.

That episode did prove that they could've solved the entirety of season 4 by saying waffles. In fact, if you think about it, Young Justice would've had a better resolution if everyone repeated Waffles until the Light lost.

Check the time travel episode, or the one where Robin watches over the Batcave. The Leg one is pretty great. Mas and Menos have a great role in their episode, the series is just really imaginative and loose with what they do, so every episode is a surprise and if you hate on the waffle episode that just speaks about how unwilling you are to open up to some goofiness and watch the debut of the greatest DC hero: Pain Bot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

...of SCIENCE! posted:

IT'S BURGER!

WHAT WHAT

IT'S BURGER!

WHAT WHAT

-A Good Show

Even if it's grating now I appreciate what they were going for because it did do a good job getting a lot of kids (including myself :sweatdrop:) to watch a DC comics show when anime and manga were hitting peak saturation after Pokemon pushed it into the mainstream.

Yeah, TT Original Recipe was a legit good show even if some of some of its wackier episodes went a little overboard on the "anime/wacky" scale. I still enjoy it when it reruns on Boomerang (by the way how weird is it when Boomerang reruns cartoons from only a few years ago? Makes me feel terribly old watching Teen Titans on the same network that shows the Flintstones)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Terra episodes and Red X episodes of The original Teen Titans were pretty rad.

And that one where cyborg got kidnapped.

Other than that I'm having trouble coming up with memorable episodes. The night wing one?

Hey wait. Teen Titans Robin was Dick, TTG! Robin is Tim. This doesn't add up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sockser posted:

The Terra episodes and Red X episodes of The original Teen Titans were pretty rad.

Other than that I'm having trouble coming up with memorable episodes. The night wing one?

Hey wait. Teen Titans Robin was Dick, TTG! Robin is Tim. This doesn't add up.

TTG! Robin is Dick, there's an episode with time travel where Cyborg and Beast Boy tremble in fear over Robin's future as Nightwing with a terrible mullet!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the one where he dubs over the TT movie.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

My favorite teen titans go moment is a recurring gag that happens about once an episode. It's right after the credits, when the episode ends, so that I can watch Gumball instead

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

TTG! gives me the impression of being less than the sum of its parts. Most gags are pretty funny and it has some creative moments, but at the end of the episode I feel unsatisfied. I don't know how to explain it exactly, but I feel like it's missing something.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

paradoxGentleman posted:

TTG! gives me the impression of being less than the sum of its parts. Most gags are pretty funny and it has some creative moments, but at the end of the episode I feel unsatisfied. I don't know how to explain it exactly, but I feel like it's missing something.

Anime faces?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

A good writing staff?

Babe Magnet posted:

My favorite teen titans go moment is a recurring gag that happens about once an episode. It's right after the credits, when the episode ends, so that I can watch Gumball instead

Hey, me too! Gumball is the best character in Teen Titans Go!

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Aug 13, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

TTG! Robin is Dick, there's an episode with time travel where Cyborg and Beast Boy tremble in fear over Robin's future as Nightwing with a terrible mullet!

But they've got an urn labeled "Robin 2" on a shelf!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Teen Titans Go reminds me alot of early Venture Brothers, at least in basic concept. While the tone and sense of humor is different on both, both follow a group that leave exciting lives full of action and adventure and focus on the parts that aren't that. TTG is pretty much never about stopping a villain, it's always about the petty little lives of the heroes and sometimes villain stuff happens in the background. The Waffle episode for example is all about Beast Boy and Cyborg just loving around and a villain getting in the way of that. It's an episode that just focuses, like many TTG episodes do, on their determination to just be assholes. They're doing this waffle thing because they think it's funny and annoying. they go so far with their bit that they literally maintain it through torture and they only give it up when they realize it has stopped being annoying and it actually became something useful. It's just an episode about them being dicks and that's what pretty much ecery episode is about, superdickery, and I can get behind that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

You are worrying about the continuity of background gags too much when Mr Freeze is an ice cream brand and is also a head on Batman's shelf.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sockser posted:

Oh yeah, Jason Todd bit the bullet. I'd like to think this is an universe where Batman decided that that's enough and just started chilling instead, hence why all his activities now are having dates with Gordon and getting his name on merch.

I really love when episodes get real crazy because you can just hear the joy and fun the voice actors are having :) every panel they're at they talk about how this job is basically hanging out and goofing out with friends, so it's just really nice, y'know?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Sockser posted:

"I'm very proud of you, Garfield"

"...Garfield!?

I'd classify TTG as hit or miss. It's got a bunch of weak episodes and jokes that don't connect but when it's good it really nails it. (See: Robin trying to get his license)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I don't think there have been any episodes I haven't liked after the first 5-10 episodes or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only episode of TTG I didn't like is the one where Beast Boy spends the entire episode as a gorilla. He just comes across as a huge rear end in a top hat.