Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

qntm posted:

Wherever there is danger, he'll be there.

DANGERMOUSE
SUMMER 2016

They are actually making a new TV series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Liefeld comics movies, Scream remake, some kind of Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot/remake, Live-action Pokemon movie (too slow to have Shia L as the trainer), Tomb Raider reboot, Space Jam 2, a cgi Ren and Stimpy movie, Jurassic Park remake, a marvel/nolan-esque Gargoyles movie, Freakazoid as a superhero movie, hell you could even make Myst and Riven into movies if you tried hard enough...

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Okay, since I'm magic, can I also have BANANAMAN for the following year?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

qntm posted:

Okay, since I'm magic, can I also have BANANAMAN for the following year?

Ya'll need to step up your game.

(it's real)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I would honestly like to see Angela in a Guardians movie.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I'm magic!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Meanwhile, Vin Diesel is a big tease.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

twistedmentat posted:

I would honestly like to see Angela in a Guardians movie.

I would legit not be surprised if they included Angela in Thor 3 for more family drama.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It would be funny if Vin did the voice for Groot where he doesn't need to do any physical acting and also played Black Bolt where he doesn't have to use his voice.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waterhaul posted:

I would legit not be surprised if they included Angela in Thor 3 for more family drama.

And then Neil Gaiman will sent a package containing every Angela movie merchandise to Todd McFarlane's house.

Starsnostars posted:

It would be funny if Vin did the voice for Groot where he doesn't need to do any physical acting and also played Black Bolt where he doesn't have to use his voice.

He did mocap work for Groot too.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Waterhaul posted:

Ya'll need to step up your game.

(it's real)

Has anybody already joked about how this looks like a trap for Galactus? Because haha.

Waterhaul posted:

I'm out of the loop about all this Angela is now with Marvel-thing, what's her connection to Thor? And does she still look like a stripper?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Black Bolt is honestly even more perfect casting for Vin than Groot was, so I hope that happens.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Grendels Dad posted:

Has anybody already joked about how this looks like a trap for Galactus? Because haha.

I'm out of the loop about all this Angela is now with Marvel-thing, what's her connection to Thor? And does she still look like a stripper?

She is now (and "forever has been in the Marvel Universe") Thor's long lost sister whom Odin thought was dead so never told Thor about.

Her costumes is still terrible, yes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Only being able to say "I am Groot" or nothing at all both solve the problem of Vin Diesel being a likable and bankable but not altogether very good actor.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Thanks. I trust it was better than it sounds, as is so often the case with Thor and comics in general.

edit: wait a minute

quote:

whom Odin thought was dead so never told Thor about.

Good job Heimdall!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's this whole thing about another realm that went to war with Asgard and "killed" Odin's daughter so he severed their connection to the World Tree. This is why nobody knew what was going on with Angela until recently.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

muscles like this? posted:

There's this whole thing about another realm that went to war with Asgard and "killed" Odin's daughter so he severed their connection to the World Tree. This is why nobody knew what was going on with Angela until recently.

Wow, even by comic standards, that is really dumb.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
To be fair she's sort of a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and they aren't the type to really care about giving people poo poo for their back stories. Thor tries to drag her into any wacky Asgardian hijinks and the entire team is likely to come along and blow up loving everything.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's a cool picture of Ben Affleck. Is he playing a white guy?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

http://www.clickhole.com/article/exclusive-dozens-leaked-photos-ben-affleck-dressed-624

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Method at its best.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Old-man Vs. Superman

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

greatn posted:

Only being able to say "I am Groot" or nothing at all both solve the problem of Vin Diesel being a likable and bankable but not altogether very good actor.

Vin Diesel always made perfect sense for the role of Groot, because before he was even famous he was the voice actor for The Iron Giant, who is honestly just about the exact same character in terms of voice.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Anora posted:

What 90's franchises are there to mine? The best animated shows were the superhero ones and then Power Rangers.

Motherfucking Gargoyles. Owned by Disney to boot. Give me my Gargoyles vs Avengers movie now Disney.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Madkal posted:

Motherfucking Gargoyles. Owned by Disney to boot. Give me my Gargoyles vs Avengers movie now Disney.

But I don't want to see a movie where Thor murders the Gargoyles with his hammer :(

No wait, I do.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Darkwing Duck.

Make an avengers style shared universe with him, Launchpad, Gizmoduck, the Rescue Rangers, and the goof troop, all funded Scrooge McDuck for the sole purpose of protecting his gold.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

CGI Darkwing Duck or real life Darkwing Duck?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

greatn posted:

Darkwing Duck.

Make an avengers style shared universe with him, Launchpad, Gizmoduck, the Rescue Rangers, and the goof troop, all funded Scrooge McDuck for the sole purpose of protecting his gold.

A Duck adventure is the best idea. I'd rather have Hewy, Louie, Dewey there though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Crossover with Howard

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Grendels Dad posted:

CGI Darkwing Duck or real life Darkwing Duck?

Both, like a modern who framed Roger rabbit.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

greatn posted:

Both, like a modern who framed Roger rabbit.

I like the cut of your jib.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I am eagerly looking forward to the 2016 live action reboot of ReBoot

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

AnonSpore posted:

I am eagerly looking forward to the 2016 live action reboot of ReBoot

Guess what's getting a new series.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I never realized how much Ben Affleck looks like Robert Smith until now.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

e X posted:

Guess what's getting a new series.

Don't remind me that the original show ended a cliff hanger.

The Action Man fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 12, 2014

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Did it? I thought they saved the internet and everything by the end of it all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Will it have Didio stink on it?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

rantmo posted:

I never realized how much Ben Affleck looks like Robert Smith until now.

Who would win in a fight between Ben Affleck/Smith and Sean Penn/Smith?

I want a Mighty Max reboot, please. Those toys were lovely & I want today's kids to suffer through them just like their ancestors did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kingtheninja posted:

Did it? I thought they saved the internet and everything by the end of it all.

Looks like half of the fourth season was made, I don't think it was ever aired on Cartoon Network though?

• Locked thread