Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

timeandtide posted:

So are Bloodborne, Hellraid, and Hellblade going to have a contest for the most metal name possible?

I feel like I should rip off my shirt and set my hair on fire every time I type them.

Also Helldivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Honestly PS4 sounds pretty good for the exclusives.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Ok, so apparently WiLD is the new Michael Ancel game (not Beyond Good and Evil 2, unfortunately) and it's an exclusive as well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wild is an "online survival adventure game".

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Curious when they're gonna release more info about the 2.0 firmware. No mention of more marquee features like suspend/resume but there has to be more smaller features than what needed to be said on stage.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I totally didn't notice amidst all the new game announcements, but did Kojima just fly to Germany and stand on stage to show a 20 second video of the new box mechanics?

I was totally expecting him to confirm a release date or something. What a weird one.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

That Wild video was a pitch reel. There was absolutely no substance at all. It was just a bunch of stuff the game developers want to do and give an idea about how it could look in the end.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dork457 posted:

Curious when they're gonna release more info about the 2.0 firmware. No mention of more marquee features like suspend/resume but there has to be more smaller features than what needed to be said on stage.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/12/upcoming-ps4-system-update-to-v2-00-to-add-share-play-youtube-and-more-to-come/

Pretty much just summarizes what was said on stage though.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Dork457 posted:

If you still can't pause downloads with 2.0 that will be kind of a joke.

Still bitter about suspend/resume.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Vita TV is launching on October 14 in NA.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/5995497/playstation-tv-release-date-north-america

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Obsurveyor posted:

That Wild video was a pitch reel. There was absolutely no substance at all. It was just a bunch of stuff the game developers want to do and give an idea about how it could look in the end.

Probably, but didn't the studio only form a few months ago? At the very least it's an incredibly promising aesthetic concept.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

I totally didn't notice amidst all the new game announcements, but did Kojima just fly to Germany and stand on stage to show a 20 second video of the new box mechanics?

I was totally expecting him to confirm a release date or something. What a weird one.

There's a Metal Gear presentation tomorrow which will presumably have more gameplay footage/details (and hopefully a release date)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Bloodborne when you hit someone with your blade, blood sprays in the direction the blade slices through the body, its a real nice touch. Not only that but only comes from the part of the body hit by your blade. Again, nice little detail.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It is probably fake but apparently they did announce the release date, but i"m calling bullshit.

NO way MGS5 comes out Oct this year.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Shindragon posted:

It is probably fake but apparently they did announce the release date, but i"m calling bullshit.

I probably figured more like March 15, but why so hard to believe?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Just watched that Order: 1886 trailer and I'm now much more hopeful about the game. They showed actual gameplay! The emphasis seems to be on unique weapons, which is exciting to me.

Tomorrow Children was the only other really interesting thing from the conference, but I have no idea what kind of game it is. I just like the art direction.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Shindragon posted:

Huh what?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Harlock posted:

K Drama Stars is never anything other than incompetent. Also, Kojima has said the game was taking ages to make, such that some thought we'd be waiting until 2016. It won't be October. March is far more likely.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Harlock posted:

Because it wasn't that long ago that the general consensus was '2015 if we're lucky'.

While the game is clearly mechanically polished to gently caress already, I'm not sure if the (supposedly) massive breadth of content is there yet. We haven't really seen much in the way of environments or the more structural specifics.

I'd be totally ready to believe that it's coming out that soon, considering how long it's been in development, but that's an incredibly short gap between announcement and release, and a potential marketing pitfall. Then again it's Konami, who doesn't even have a marketing department, or know which games are theirs.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I'm just glad my $300 Netflix machine will be getting some games.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Harlock posted:

Because they slated around 2015. Unless QA is already done.

Yeah no way is this ready yet. I mean I"m glad to be wrong but uh yeah.

Here is the link in question:

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/32855/20140812/metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-release-date.htm

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm still trying to dig through all of this. Can someone link me the MGS thing everyone was enjoying a few pages back?

Also, still no new info on Everybody's Gone to The Rapture? :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

I'm still trying to dig through all of this. Can someone link me the MGS thing everyone was enjoying a few pages back?

Also, still no new info on Everybody's Gone to The Rapture? :(

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has now been merged into MGS5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW-zDdt2VoE

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has now been merged into MGS5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW-zDdt2VoE

:lol:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
No Last Guardian. :pwn:

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Question about Hohokum to anyone that has it:

Looks awesome but I am red/green colorblind. Would that be an issue ?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Never was even a remote possibility... TGS or nothing

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

TGS. Along with solid details and release dates for FFXV and KH3.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Question about Hohokum to anyone that has it:

Looks awesome but I am red/green colorblind. Would that be an issue ?

I don't think so, but maybe? If you watch the Giant Bomb Quick Look here: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-hohokum/2300-9321/

Jeff Gerstmann is very colorblind and he seems to do okay with it, although there's maybe one embedded prompt he has trouble seeing early on. They talk about his colorblindness a little during the QL, so it might be a particularly helpful look for you.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

FFXV, sure maybe. KH3, no way no how.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Rime reminded me a lot of Last Guardian, even though like nothing is known about TG. Something about it, I just can't put into words though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Terper posted:

FFXV, sure maybe. KH3, no way no how.

I don't think I even care any more. I doubt I'll actually buy either one of them. I just need some god drat closure. :(

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

Scyron posted:

Rime reminded me a lot of Last Guardian, even though like nothing is known about TG. Something about it, I just can't put into words though.

I got more of a Zelda vibe from it myself.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I feel so bad about all those people I encouraged to get a PS Vita just for Tearaway. :smith: That said, I am 100% ready to double dip on that great game. I hope it comes out before the end of 2014!

(For what it's worth I don't think any of them actually ended up buying Vitas).

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
I saw a lot that I liked, which I'm glad for because I don't plan on getting Destiny and was worried I wouldn't have anything to play for a long time. Destiny does nothing for me.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Steve2911 posted:

I really doubt that. Got more chance of Lord Lucan bursting out of my arse than Last Guardian appearing at TGS.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
A Famitsu reviewer spoke recently about seeing a game that will debut at TGS that will make Japanese gamers go batshit and might help PS4s move, so based on what sells over there we might see something like a Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest (I know Square mentioned last year that DQ going console on PS4 was "possible" in the future, so hey.)

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I don't know why there are three other people in the WiLD trailer when I am just going to play the skeleton forever.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The Giantbomb quicklook of Diablo 3 sold me I think. I played in the beta and just after launch on PC, and it looks like there have been a ton of QOL improvements. Also no Auction House so maybe I'll actually see useful upgrades this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Out of everything shown, Rime and Wild have me most interested. Rime especially.

Between those and Journey, it seems Ps4 is gonna hit all the right notes for me.

• Locked thread