Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chief Savage Man posted:

Would probably be simple to mod in, I might give it a shot later.

Very simple, just a couple of changes in common/landed_titles/landed_titles.txt. Most of them were already changed by Paradox to be formable by players, but there are a few notable ones that aren't. If you want to use the decision for the hre, just edit decisions/minor_decisions.txt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I used the console for a quick and easy solution but it would be cool to have alternate titular titles that I could use instead of the ones that are understandably associated with Christians. Little more work to get coats of arms and come up with something historical and appropriate for other groups.

iLurk
Jul 25, 2007

Who wants to get PREGNANT?!?

Ofaloaf posted:

County conquests seem weird to behave weirdly for Rustlanders. They cancel out the moment there is a new liege, so in my current Chicagoland game I had to declare war three times for the same county.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
I didn't get an answer yesterday, so reposting:

Edison was a dick posted:

Ok, ed8db4f3f26958e1595500ae0d30ab076a13ba2f.zip is the last version before the map change.

483f04153c52e77f7bf6203ff97236fc9fbf58ba.zip is the latest I've tested, the commit immediately after it broke, but there's been 8 others.

master.zip will always be the most recent version, I expect to update this daily.

linux-port.zip includes my changes to make it work on Linux, though I may be the only one that cares about this branch.

I downloaded the master.zip, unzipped the files and put them in the 'mod' folder. Lux Invicta shows up in the launch menu under 'mods', but when I check the box it doesn't do anything when I launch the game.

Do I need to roll back my version? Or is there some special way I need to install it? Is there a readme I missed somehow?

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

GSD posted:

Decades and a kingdom formed by the sword later, she is still leading troops in her late 60s. However, I do not seem to be able to reform the Norse Faith despite my 3 holy sites and moral authority somewhere in the high 60s or so. Does the mod change the requirements for that? I wanted to form an Absolute Enatic Fylkirate and make an empire of lady vikings.

Even if I cannot do that, I am going to see if I can form the Nordic Empire before she finally dies.

Reforming paganism isn't in yet.

iLurk posted:

County conquests seem weird to behave weirdly for Rustlanders. They cancel out the moment there is a new liege, so in my current Chicagoland game I had to declare war three times for the same county.

Does that happen in vanilla or with other pagans?

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Iceblocks posted:

I didn't get an answer yesterday, so reposting:

I downloaded the master.zip, unzipped the files and put them in the 'mod' folder. Lux Invicta shows up in the launch menu under 'mods', but when I check the box it doesn't do anything when I launch the game.

Do I need to roll back my version? Or is there some special way I need to install it? Is there a readme I missed somehow?

What I did was:
1. Unzip the actual files(common/decisions/events) into a custom subfolder inside "mod" I named "Lux Invicta," before I did this it wouldn't recognize the files. So my final file path looks like this: Crusader Kings II/mod/Lux Invicta/everything else.
2. Take the [Lux Invicta.mod] file from inside the subfolder with all of the other mod files and put it in "mod."
3. Boot up CK2 and see if it worked.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Saw a weird thing today and I'm not sure if it's a bug.

I formed the Empire of India, playing a Buddhist and on Primogeniture. This should allow me to designate my heir. Unfortunately all my sons died, and I had already married off my older daughters, so I set up one of my older child daughters with a matrilineal betrothal and designated her my heir.

This worked for a while - she would show up on my profile screen as the heir - but eventually the game started to override my choice. It kept picking another daughter (the oldest, I think) as heir. The "designate heir" button was still on my daughters but clicking it didn't do anything.

Of course when my character died it went to a daughter who is in a regular marriage and now I've got to set up stabby time with a Raj while she's still fertile for the Pala line to continue.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Maybe it's an issue with Ag-Cog's "daughter with sons favored over daughter without sons" issue, making your younger daughter ineligible?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Larry Parrish posted:

So the Aztecs showed up. I hired 40k mercenaries and 35k Holy Orders, and combined with my retuine and personal levy I was able to get about 88k soldiers. For some reason almost the entire invasion force went to go gently caress with the muslim clown car in Morocco and lost about half their soldiers. I managed to bait the Scottish invasion into attacking a tiny army on mountainous terrain, then moved in my 80k doomstack and had my 25 martial ruler with two holy order grand masters beat the poo poo out of them.

The AI is really bad at armies sometimes.

To be fair, it's not like you have any realistic chance without those exact kinds of shenanigans.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

grancheater posted:

Maybe it's an issue with Ag-Cog's "daughter with sons favored over daughter without sons" issue, making your younger daughter ineligible?

Except the UI had the "designate heir" button active - you only see that if they are eligible. When I had sons, that button was greyed out for my daughters.

iLurk
Jul 25, 2007

Who wants to get PREGNANT?!?

Sam. posted:

Does that happen in vanilla or with other pagans?

Looks like it's only Rust cult... Except I can't get it to replicate now. Damnit.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

So Paradox were planning on announcing the new DLC at Gamescom, right? Any ideas what it might be? At twenty bucks, it's the most expensive one yet.

My money is on a random map generator like in EU4.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ninjahedgehog posted:

So Paradox were planning on announcing the new DLC at Gamescom, right? ANy ideas what it might be? for twenty bucks, it's the most expensive one yet.

My money is on a random map generator like in EU4.

They said they won't do China in CK2 but at 20 bucks what else could it be? The fall of Rome?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Maybe it's the early discovery and colonization of the Americas? Although I don't think they would take 20 bucks for some alt-history DLC. Perhaps a big mechanics change, like playable unlanded characters or playable theocracies? Naval combat? A combination of these things?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Luigi Thirty posted:

They said they won't do China in CK2 but at 20 bucks what else could it be? The fall of Rome?

Dramatically expanding Africa, maybe? Or pushing out to southeast Asia with China as another Aztec/Mongol like force?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So I've been poking around, but from the last couple of pages it sounds like some folks here already know what I'm trying to figure out: if you're creating a completely new map, with completely new provinces, how many (and which) of the other data files have to be re-done to avoid errors?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Naval combat is my guess. C'mon, Paradox!

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
3D third person throne rooms for your Crusader King.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Yeah give us the GREEK FIRE :science::supaburn:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
CK2 needs naval combat badly.

Plus if it's a random map generator then gently caress me and my brilliant plan. :downsgun:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Corbeau posted:

CK2 needs naval combat badly.

It doesn't. And there wasn't much naval combat going on for a good part of the CK2 timeline anyway.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'm betting its a character overhaul that adds adventures, items, family estates, more in-depth building trees, and better portraits.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Omnicarus posted:

I'm betting its a character overhaul that adds adventures, items

Did someone say dungeon crawling??

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Torrannor posted:

It doesn't. And there wasn't much naval combat going on for a good part of the CK2 timeline anyway.

Not with that attitude.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Torrannor posted:

I don't know, a quick google through wikipedia shows a bunch of naval battles (some with substantial consequences) in the Norse and Byzantine regions.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

When is the announcement?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Honestly, I think I'd pay a few bucks to be able to switch my character's outfit and crown. The French/German/Generic European emperor-level crown just looks like a fancy yarmulke, while the female version looks awesome. And the Greek/Celtic crowns look even better.

I also really hate the orange and pink shirt that some people decide to wear all the time and want to replace it with the awesome white and gold one.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ninjahedgehog posted:

Honestly, I think I'd pay a few bucks to be able to switch my character's outfit and crown. The French/German/Generic European emperor-level crown just looks like a fancy yarmulke, while the female version looks awesome. And the Greek/Celtic crowns look even better.

I also really hate the orange and pink shirt that some people decide to wear all the time and want to replace it with the awesome white and gold one.

Paradox could just make mini event and clothing DLCs and I'd buy them forever and ever.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

I'm betting its a character overhaul that adds adventures, items, family estates, more in-depth building trees, and better portraits.

This is what I'm hoping for. I don't want any map expansions or anything, as much as I love the Rajas expansion even India was a bit of a stretch (as much as it pains my Indophilic rear end to admit it), but an increase in the roleplaying aspects of it would be great. More interpersonal events, an expansion of the friends and rivals system, the items idea is cool if you mean stuff like the Valyrian Steel swords feature from AGoT.

I think I posted it like a year ago in this thread, but just little events related to your courtiers, family, neighbors, etc., depending on their traits and yours would be awesome. Maybe you and your brother both have the Crusader, Varangian, or Viking traits so you get an event where you swap war stories, gaining a point of martial and a mutual opinion boost. Or your Wroth, Cruel daughter angrily demands you imprison a random courtier she feels insulted her. Or a neighbor who doesn't like you sends an envoy demanding tribute and you can either give him tribute, refuse, or send back the envoy's head, with the necessary trait gain and opinion changes resulting.

For $20 it sure won't be just an event pack, but that's just the obvious way of increasing roleplaying potential, I'm sure there's plenty more the professionals who made the game could do.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

the items idea is cool if you mean stuff like the Valyrian Steel swords feature from AGoT.

This would be badass. Maybe an event chain where if you own Syria, you can get a Damascus steel sword and then pass it down to your heir, and it gives you an advantage in the HIP duel mechanics that they ought to import to the base game too. Eventually, it might break in battle so you get a temporary -1 Martial "this new sword sucks balls" modifier until you commission a new one.

Oh, and you could also name it! You know, if you're into cheesy fantasy as much as I am. :black101:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I have to wonder if a SE Asia expansion is possible. Paradox says they don't intend to add China, but they could be a potential Mongol-like menace ready to descend from the north and wreck your poo poo if the map keeps going east.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

This is what I'm hoping for. I don't want any map expansions or anything, as much as I love the Rajas expansion even India was a bit of a stretch (as much as it pains my Indophilic rear end to admit it), but an increase in the roleplaying aspects of it would be great. More interpersonal events, an expansion of the friends and rivals system, the items idea is cool if you mean stuff like the Valyrian Steel swords feature from AGoT.

I think I posted it like a year ago in this thread, but just little events related to your courtiers, family, neighbors, etc., depending on their traits and yours would be awesome. Maybe you and your brother both have the Crusader, Varangian, or Viking traits so you get an event where you swap war stories, gaining a point of martial and a mutual opinion boost. Or your Wroth, Cruel daughter angrily demands you imprison a random courtier she feels insulted her. Or a neighbor who doesn't like you sends an envoy demanding tribute and you can either give him tribute, refuse, or send back the envoy's head, with the necessary trait gain and opinion changes resulting.

For $20 it sure won't be just an event pack, but that's just the obvious way of increasing roleplaying potential, I'm sure there's plenty more the professionals who made the game could do.

That's all I hope for.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I have to wonder if a SE Asia expansion is possible. Paradox says they don't intend to add China, but they could be a potential Mongol-like menace ready to descend from the north and wreck your poo poo if the map keeps going east.

I'm not sure about map expansions. CK2 already seems to be chugging on systems with the India expansion, expanding to Vietnam/Malaysia would kill minimum requirements, and it's not like you can opt out since the map would be mandatory.

I'd like to see some fleshing out of religions, cultures, and empires - the Byzantines already get a ton of flavor and unique events, having something like that for everyone would be nice. Sure it would be a lot of speculation, but I'd be more willing to play the Slavic religion if I could sacrifice people to Chernobog or something.

EDIT: also have the game tell me exactly when I'm declaring war on behalf of someone whether they will become my vassal or not, and tell me who will inherit what when it comes to gavelkind. I'd pay $20 just for that.

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 12, 2014

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I'd kind of like to see a bit of an overhaul to how the HRE works, or maybe just crown laws in general. Even with autonomous vassals crown laws, the HRE just feels way too centralized in CKII, making it a monolithic monster rather than the loose confederacy it was in real life.

It might sound crazy, but I think it could be a better design if with Autonomous Vassals, the liege couldn't raise any vassal levies, period; and that vassals can be DOWed by external states without calling the whole rest of the realm to war. The liege would be able to call his vassals into the war, making the vassalage more like a permanent, ex-officio alliance, with the option for the vassal to say "no".

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Some interface improvements would be nice too.

Like, for inviting people into your court, you have to open the character list, search and then click "invite to court" for everyone you would like to invite until you find someone willing. Its a major pain in the arse. If we could have a icon (like that one in the "invite to plot" window), red for "noway", yellow for "if you gift him first", green for "yes" etc.

Also, I always asked for that: a new map mode for "your direct vassals", so you can see you own vassals when you are a vassal of some bigger realm yourself.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

DStecks posted:

I'd kind of like to see a bit of an overhaul to how the HRE works, or maybe just crown laws in general. Even with autonomous vassals crown laws, the HRE just feels way too centralized in CKII, making it a monolithic monster rather than the loose confederacy it was in real life.

It might sound crazy, but I think it could be a better design if with Autonomous Vassals, the liege couldn't raise any vassal levies, period; and that vassals can be DOWed by external states without calling the whole rest of the realm to war. The liege would be able to call his vassals into the war, making the vassalage more like a permanent, ex-officio alliance, with the option for the vassal to say "no".

I like this idea a lot, I wonder how moddable it is.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah making Autonomous Vassals a bit more like, well, autonomous vassals, maybe closer to the EU system of vassalage, would be rather cool. More politics for Empires like the Byzantines and HRE are great, and I'll say again that a crazy as heck rota system for the Russian principalities would be keen.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender

Jaramin posted:

What I did was:
1. Unzip the actual files(common/decisions/events) into a custom subfolder inside "mod" I named "Lux Invicta," before I did this it wouldn't recognize the files. So my final file path looks like this: Crusader Kings II/mod/Lux Invicta/everything else.
2. Take the [Lux Invicta.mod] file from inside the subfolder with all of the other mod files and put it in "mod."
3. Boot up CK2 and see if it worked.

Tried it, didn't work.

Which version are you using, btw? Is LI rajas-compatible?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Iceblocks posted:

Tried it, didn't work.

Which version are you using, btw? Is LI rajas-compatible?

I'm going to go super basic and say to make sure that you're doing this in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I would like an expansion that fleshes out the intrigue system, because as it stands I find intrigue-centric rulers only slightly less useless than learning rulers.

e. naval warfare would be ok I guess but I'm not sure how much it would actually add to warfare besides making transporting your troops a real pain in the rear end.

• Locked thread