Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh man, only a month now til the JP release. Has there been any word about another Direct? I wouldn't be at all surprised to see one in the next couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

F. Lobot posted:

There's also one lone WiiU screenshot. Is this a 1Player mode we haven't seen?

Just talking about equipment. We've seen it before.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

JordanKai posted:

If you can just put any of the Mii Plaza unlockables on your Mii Fighter that would be incredible.

Finally, I can fight in Smash as my Mii wearing a tiny R.O.B. on his head.

It is kinda surreal how many of the hats based on other characters are just the upper halves of their heads.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

JordanKai posted:

If you can just put any of the Mii Plaza unlockables on your Mii Fighter that would be incredible.

I sincerely hope that thats what it is, because then I can finally justify buying all the Street Pass games for hats

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

KamikazePotato posted:

I get disappointed every time I see a new batch of screenshots, because I always hope they leave some small hint in by accident. Like how they accidentally leaked Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff back in a Brawl trailer. But no, outside of the Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run they really haven't done anything like that this time around. Maybe they're being more careful.

In a similar vein, one screenshot they released a couple of months ago showed an enemy from the Ice Climbers games (I think it was the polar bear?) in Smash Run and was quickly taken down.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rhonne posted:

We're getting closer and closer to making that BitF comic a reality.

It is me, Mario.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

JordanKai posted:

The Shy Guy mask :allears:

There's a ton of great and weird hats in there, though. If they grab as many as possible from Mii Plaza that's going to be great.

I'm really curious how many outfits they have for Miis though. We've seen a lot more hats than we have costumes, so maybe there's only a few of those to choose from.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I want them to follow Mario Golf's lead and let me dress up my bearded Mii in Daisy's dress.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

These equipment tags just make me think of Borderlands 2.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Ugh, why is it 90 degrees outside. I need some place to bury my head in the snow.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Sooooo after all this Kid Icarus chatter I bit the bullet and grabbed it last night.
Now I'm mad at myself for not getting it when it first came out.

So far my feeling is that Air Battles are a lot of fun without being too complicated, and Land Battles are tricky but feel really badass once you get a handle on the controls.

Haven't fiddled with the sensitivity yet, but right now I'm just sliding my thumb around on the touch screen and it seems fine.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Carrasco posted:

These equipment tags just make me think of Borderlands 2.

Handsome Jack confirmed.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Check out that pencil icon in the top left. That's from the name interface on the character select screen. I'm going to guess that Mii Fighters are selected through there instead of appearing on the main character grid.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Check out that pencil icon in the top left. That's from the name interface on the character select screen. I'm going to guess that Mii Fighters are selected through there instead of appearing on the main character grid.

Character customizations, and maybe the Miis themselves, being bound to your player-name thing makes a lot of sense. So you go choose a character and it uses the customizations that are all attached to your name, if you're in the mode with customs. Or you choose Mii Fighter and it uses your particular Mii character.

They have to know that people will want to be able to just quickly use their customs without setting a bunch of crap up, and in Brawl your controller settings were saved per-name, so hopefully customs can be done that way too.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
How is Mii customization on the WiiU? Is it the same as the 3DS or are there more options? Personally I wish you could do more interesting stuff with them - a whole color wheel of skin tones, less restrictions on where face parts can go, some more in-depth alterations...it's not like Miis are that complex so it shouldn't be that hard.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

How is Mii customization on the WiiU? Is it the same as the 3DS or are there more options? Personally I wish you could do more interesting stuff with them - a whole color wheel of skin tones, less restrictions on where face parts can go, some more in-depth alterations...it's not like Miis are that complex so it shouldn't be that hard.

I believe it is the same as the 3DS. I believe you can send miis between the two systems, so it sort of has to be

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Miis aren't too complex, so it shouldn't be hard to make them more complex.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

So, the next Project M update will have a hitbox mode.

I wish they'd do this in Smash 4. They probably already have it for debug purposes.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I'm surprised they've gone this long without adding any new features to Miis.
Or am I not surprised? Oh, Nintendo.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

F. Lobot posted:

I wish they'd do this in Smash 4. They probably already have it for debug purposes.

gently caress gently caress yes

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

TheComicFiend posted:

They added an assortment of new components, along with additional tweaking options for proportions, when they released the 3DS. The Wii U has the exact same Mii Customization options as the 3DS, and you can send Miis one-way from the Wii to the 3DS, but not back, because the data structure has changed.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

TheComicFiend posted:

Depending on how the Mii API works, adding more features and making other changes might cause problems for existing games that use Miis. I suspect that for each platform, they're basically locked into the options they launched with.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Well, I feel like a real jerk. That makes a lot of sense. I forgot about the proportion stuff, but I think I meant to whine about there not being any new facial features since it was first introduced. Unless they added a few that I didn't notice?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

F. Lobot posted:

Hell yeah this owns. I want this in Smash 4 too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TheComicFiend posted:

Well, I feel like a real jerk. That makes a lot of sense. I forgot about the proportion stuff, but I think I meant to whine about there not being any new facial features since it was first introduced. Unless they added a few that I didn't notice?

They definitely did. Also new hair stuff and I think a new head shape?

I haven't fired up the Wii Mii Channel in so long I couldn't tell you the details though.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

http://www.twitch.tv/VGBootCamp

Tournament match on Princess Peach's castle.

edit: now it's double random on Hyrule Castle.

F. Lobot fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 13, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

F. Lobot posted:

They so won't. If you even brought it up at HAL Laboratories or wherever they'd probably look at you quizzically and go "This is a game for children. Why would children want this?"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

mind the walrus posted:

They so won't. If you even brought it up at HAL Laboratories or wherever they'd probably look at you quizzically and go "This is a game for children. Why would children want this?"

Bandai-Namco is working on this one because of their extensive experience with competitive fighting games, and Nintendo's held like three pre-release tournaments that they livestreamed. I think they have some inkling that people want this kind of stuff and their games that are filled with 30 year old video game characters aren't exclusively for kids. Nintendo is all about appealing to everyone at once. v:shobon:v

That said, I don't think we'd see that feature in the game. But I'm sure it's in there internally and when Project M2 hits or whatever it'll be in there.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Tournament match on training stage... Palutena's Temple's got nothing on this.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Bandai-Namco is working on this one because of their extensive experience with competitive fighting games, and Nintendo's held like three pre-release tournaments that they livestreamed. I think they have some inkling that people want this kind of stuff and their games that are filled with 30 year old video game characters aren't exclusively for kids. Nintendo is all about appealing to everyone at once. v:shobon:v

If they were making this game for adults Bayonetta would be in it.

F. Lobot fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 13, 2014

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

F. Lobot posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/VGBootCamp

Tournament match on Princess Peach's castle.

edit: now it's double random on Hyrule Castle.

Holy poo poo this Lucario is amazing.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

It's original character week at the Project M Art Department.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Weird that there's no Knuckles version, but those are the sort of costumes I expected Sonic to have in the first place.

Probably worth mentioning that in the Best Buy demo for Smash Wii U, Sonic had a costume nearly identical to that Silver one. The gloves, boots, and silver fur. No glowy hand bits though. So might be getting those in the real game too.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

F. Lobot posted:

It's original character week at the Project M Art Department.

Please let the one on the left be Sonichu

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Even I know that's Tails.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Those are some slick costumes I gotta say. I wish the official games had ones like that instead of slightly darker or lighter shades of blue with different bracelets.

The left one is supposed to be Tails by the way. It'd be cool if they added in Knuckles

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Even I know that's Tails.

trap sprung

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
are we doing the nintendo hates the competitive community thing again? I love that. I fuckiing love it so muhc!

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Lessail posted:

are we doing the nintendo hates the competitive community thing again? I love that. I fuckiing love it so muhc!

They do but no one was talking about it until now.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

F. Lobot posted:

They do but no one was talking about it until now.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Macaluso posted:

Those are some slick costumes I gotta say. I wish the official games had ones like that instead of slightly darker or lighter shades of blue with different bracelets.

There's at least one new palette in SSB4 that looks quite a bit different from the rest (based on Silver). The new purple one is also more different than the SSBB ones were, though it's still kind of similar. Then there's the light blue one that just doesn't look that different.

...Honestly this is making me think of Kyoryuger 100 Years After hard. I guess those monsters did have a point, you can't have a Sentai colour palette roster with so many blue variations.

• Locked thread